Dragon Age II: Legacy Xbox 360

5.1

1. Jul 28, 2011
    Legacy includes some new enemies, 3 side-quests and a decent plot for the main quest. The DLC costs $10 for around 1-2 hours of gameplay. If you enjoyed Dragon Age II you might like this as well, but if you were disappointed with Dragon Age II than Legacy isn't for you.
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    Greetings all!
    Greetings all!
    My first review! I am a massive RPG and Bioware fan from the Baldur's Gate era and have always felt confident that I will get my money's worth when purchasing one of their titles. Purely from an entertainment perspective, I always compare video game investments to movie theater pricing. Where I live, a movie ticket will run you $12 or more for 2-hours of entertainment (assuming you don't spend the additional obligatory $20 on soda, popcorn et al). So spending $60 on a Bioware game that provides 80+ hours of solid entertainment and story-telling that is often better written and voice-acted than most movies today...it is kind of a no-brainer. I personally feel that DA:O was the best RPG ever made (yes...Nostalgic Ones...better than BG2!). Was DA2 perfect? No. It did feel rushed and the repetitive environments did drive me crazy but...the characterization, story-telling and continued world-building was fantastic. I played it twice and (based on my movie theater comparison) felt I definitely got my money's worth. The amount of time, effort and finesse that goes into making these things is astounding to me. The almost rabid vitriol surrounding DA2 makes me concerned that Bioware will throw up their hands and abandon this great story. Removing myself from the maelstrom of herd-mentality negativity surrounding DA2 and comparing Legacy in an objective manner to other similarly-priced DLC, I thought it was great! I paid $10 for 3-hours of enjoyable entertainment. I recently spent $13 (before snacks) to see Captain America. By comparison Legacy was was a far better entertainment value.

1. Oct 6, 2011
    This DLC is for those who're dedicated to the Dragon Age brand and that's about it. This short addition does a little to flesh out the Hawke story, but doesn't have the impressive scale that some previous Bioware DLC had.
  2. Sep 19, 2011
    Dragon Age II: Legacy is a pretty boring expansion. The combat is a bit more challenging, but the use of tactics doesn't make any sense. Legacy isn't a bad downloadable expansion, but is just very disappointing.
  3. Xbox World 360 Magazine UK
    Sep 19, 2011
    A little short and lighter on moral choices than we'd like, but the killer loot and smart new enemies make up for its shortcomings. [Nov 2011, p.112]