8.0

1. May 28, 2013
    This was a very disappointing game. The AI is poor, the world is dull and lacks many interesting areas, the bosses take far too long to kill and there is literally no story or even interesting side quests. There are also numerous glitches that either haven't been addressed or have been added to the game such as falling through the floor in certain areas, and the enemies never seem to fightThis was a very disappointing game. The AI is poor, the world is dull and lacks many interesting areas, the bosses take far too long to kill and there is literally no story or even interesting side quests. There are also numerous glitches that either haven't been addressed or have been added to the game such as falling through the floor in certain areas, and the enemies never seem to fight each other. Why are the bandits attacking me and not the large Cyclops smashing everyone?

Despite all of its short-comings, the game does have many good aspects such as the character customization and fighting, for the most part. But be aware, this game is very much cooperative as you will be travelling with pawns the whole game unless you kill them off. And they never shut up!

It is such a shame that a game with such potential fails to live up to everything I was hoping for. I can only recommend it if you are enthralled by RPGs and Hack and Slash games, otherwise I wouldn't pick this game up. It is surprisingly addictive, but highly unpolished and glitch in many areas.
  2. Jun 29, 2013
    Dragons Dogma to start off was pretty bad. Boring story, I couldn't believe how boring it was. And it's super annoying NPC's. Your "Pawns" will never shut up, they say the same things over and over again to the point where I muted my TV. Dark Arisen isn't even worth getting either because it fixes "some" of the issues in this game, only some. Its unrelenting difficulty in Dark Arisen isDragons Dogma to start off was pretty bad. Boring story, I couldn't believe how boring it was. And it's super annoying NPC's. Your "Pawns" will never shut up, they say the same things over and over again to the point where I muted my TV. Dark Arisen isn't even worth getting either because it fixes "some" of the issues in this game, only some. Its unrelenting difficulty in Dark Arisen is something that set a lot of people off, I beat the game and DLC, and both were pretty awful. The only thing I loved in this game was its setting and combat, the boss battles are the best since God of War, or Castlevania. I don't see what people like in this game? I am probably going to get a lot of dislikes and I don't really care. The games color pallet is flat out boring, it looks good from a far, but otherwise character models are horrid and the colors are so plain. The quests, even the main quests, are not even worth doing they once again I'll use this word, they are BORING. I forgot the difference between main quests and side quests. I give it a 5/10. Hate all you want, but that's what it deserves and people deserve to know. Expand
  3. Jan 18, 2016
    I was sold at Arcane Archer and a Mystic Knight!
    The skills and weapons are so much fun.
    The death animations for the monsters are the best I have ever seen or heard.
    Awesome game!
  4. Apr 24, 2013
    If you have not chained your controller to your arms yet please do so before playing. A game deserves a 10 if it meets three of my categories.

1. Does it keep you entertained? YES 2. Are there moments to learn? YES 3. Does the game have nostalgic qualities? YES Let me first start of by saying that I am level 75 and I am at NG++ (New Game Plus Plus) Average players may reach

1. Does it keep you entertained? YES
    2. Are there moments to learn? YES
    3. Does the game have nostalgic qualities? YES

Let me first start of by saying that I am level 75 and I am at NG++ (New Game Plus Plus) Average players may reach level 50 before completing the main story line. Skilled players will seem to be at this current time 150+ This likely able to be said since the original Dragons Dogma was released in 2012 giving players the opportunity to reach level 200 casually though you can reach that level in a month. However not the case for me since I like to spend my time exploring and figuring out what secrets I need to uncover. Sure enough there are so many that every new game I play I find something intriguing and have my "aha." moments.

The addition of adding Black Bitter Isle will give you the creeps, just as night fall in the original dragon dogma did. I find myself sending out my pawns in first as some of the corridors are just plain eerie. The zombies when they talk will make your skin crawl especially when they rush towards you and you are screaming at your main character to hurry up and cast that spell before you become a snack.

"Dark Arisen is not a DLC it is rather an overhaul of a game that rewards veteran players and tries to allure new gamers by adding several additions such as smoother options, Japanese VO and updated textures."

NOTE* Xbox users you will see 2 discs and PS3 players one... The second disc is the texture back for Xbox players while the single disc for PS3 has it already implemented since bluray discs have a higher capacity than that of DVDs'.

It is recommended for players to be level 60+ but I find myself using pawns that are level 30 that have the right inclinations and abyssinal gear. (http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Abyssinal_Armor_Set) I enjoy using personalities or rather inclinations such as Scather/Mediator for my pawns as well.

The game has some extremely beautiful lighting effects, some that may even rival Skyrim... Actually I feel the fighting system outshines Skyrim in all aspectsn as well... but enough of that back to the game. You are introduced to a small story line and you meet an npc character that takes you to the island.

After her introduction you are off to explore the under ground labyrinth... I have yet to find new armor but, such is a game with randomization that once you do find a piece it is a great feeling.

There is only one problem I have with this game and it still plagues this one, the ability to find a snugg corner away from bosses while you safely pew pew them away as you pawns do the rest for you. However there are those occasional bosses that it is impossible to do so. This is rather more easily accomplished by range players than melee.

The Boss AI are there to literally kill you, range characters that can not find a place to hide away to cast spells will literally be obliterated. The AI knows when you are about to cast a spell so be forewarned... The same can not be said for the pawn AI, since you have to really pay attention to what they are doing.

"Trying to give the retreat comman is useless if your pawns are in the middle of casting a spell."

Does this mean the Pawn AI is useless... no. In fact the Pawn AI will make you giggle, frustrate you and eventually want to make you grab them and throw them off a high cliff (which you can do) out of pure anger. The Pawn AI is smart, they know when to cast but it is your job to make sure you are distracting the boss and have a bit of faith in them as it took me a while to understand this. I wanted the easy way to win and depend on my pawns but in a sense lost what make dragon dogmas so great the ability to be able to grab on a monster for dear life and bash them away 300 feet in the air.

The game is not with out it flaws but what game does not? The addition to this game was well worth the wait. Death stalks you, your pawns have calmed down their chit chat but still annoying sometimes...

The game is addictive there is not way around it, and now that there are more armors to choose from you just want to get the best gear for you pawn.

"A well geared and good looking pawn has a better chance of being hired by other players so you can get those delicious rift crystals."

This game is a huge bargain for new players and somewhat of a mediocre addition to veterans but still keeps you coming for more. I still have to yet to achieve that golden idol and have yet to convince Madelene to open her shop to purchase the armor that I need.

The game has unlimited replay value meaning when you beat the game REMEMBER to choose load game as you can go to New Game and start from the begining with all the gear you acqured from the previous play through.

The year was well worth the wait...

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Dragon`s Dogma is a surprise. The new content and graphics are nice, but not more. The game scores with its good price and with all additional content.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    There's no getting around it: Dark Arisen is difficult. There are moments when playing it that it may even feel like it's impossible and completely unfair, but the feeling of beating this title makes the incredibly tough adventure well worth it.
  3. Jul 14, 2013
    Bitterblack Island is a truly solid challenge bringing fun and atmosphere that is, however, suffering from the game's monotonous setting, limited space manoeuvring, and the game's linearity. Still, if you've never played Dragon's Dogma, you'll get the original heavy title along with this expansion pack.