5.5

1. Jul 3, 2012
    Worth it for the nostalgia. I never got very far on this game when it was out in the arcade - didn't have that many quarters! Came across it while perusing the XBOX arcade games with my 6 year old and after playing the trial decided to buy and try to finish it. Love the animation style of Bluth & Co. and it definitely brings back the 80's feel. I didn't realize how often they reused theWorth it for the nostalgia. I never got very far on this game when it was out in the arcade - didn't have that many quarters! Came across it while perusing the XBOX arcade games with my 6 year old and after playing the trial decided to buy and try to finish it. Love the animation style of Bluth & Co. and it definitely brings back the 80's feel. I didn't realize how often they reused the same animation, many of the sequences are just reversed versions of the animation. We finished the game after a couple of sessions and I was happy to finally know the ending. My 6 year old did enjoy some of the creepier animations and it's definitely something he doesn't see on Nick/Disney today. As for the controls, at first it was a bit difficult but once you start to memorize the sequences and get used to the quick button timing things were fine. I could see someone getting frustrated if they kept getting stuck in a sequence. I was glad to see this game on the XBOX. Expand
  2. Aug 29, 2017
    A really frustrating game, i found myself ripping my hair out when i died at the same spot numerous times. I know this is an old arcade game, so i will take that into accounting. I took me half an hour to play through the game, but many have spent a whole hour on it, but i just wanted to finish the thing. I could see this game me much better if there where some nostalgia involved, but notA really frustrating game, i found myself ripping my hair out when i died at the same spot numerous times. I know this is an old arcade game, so i will take that into accounting. I took me half an hour to play through the game, but many have spent a whole hour on it, but i just wanted to finish the thing. I could see this game me much better if there where some nostalgia involved, but not in my case.
    The controls where also extremely confusing at times.
  3. Nov 22, 2017
    I remembered jamming quarters into this game at the Arcade, when it came onto XBox gold free game My headed exploded. Great looking animation, playing without the arrow guide is intuitive and challenging. It was nice to finally beat it. It's the experience I had in the arcade. If you don't remember it or didn't enjoy it then, you won't enjoy it now.

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Aug 12, 2012
    Why punish yourself? [Sept 2012, p.105]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jul 26, 2012
    Though you might think Kinect would be the perfect fit for its staccato gameplay, it ultimately makes things even more frustrating. [Issue#87, p.87]
  3. Jul 17, 2012
    Dragon's Lair is not the game you're looking for on Xbox Live. The controls don't work well and you don't need a lot of time to beat the entire game. So leave your sword where it is, because Dragon's Lair doesn't ever make you feel like a knight.