6.1

1. Jul 6, 2011
    It is not worth purchasing. It would have been decent had they managed to create a decent talent/skill system. The talent system is one of the worst I have seen in a RPG. You spend points on a set of 9 talent points and you aren't given any indication that those skills stack. Furthermore you can't really determine exactly how many points you allocated to a certain system because what is displayed is a bar. Expand
  2. Jul 22, 2012
    Dungeon siege 3 is a poor game. The voice acting was appalling and the baddie JAYNE KASINDER, are you having a **** laugh it sounds like a character out of neighbours. I tryed but didnt have the willpower to actually finish this game. Poor game all round and I would not recommend anyone go and buy this game.
  3. Jun 23, 2011
    Dungeon Siege 3 is exactly what happens when marketing gets to much control. This game in no way resembles its predecessors.

Obsidian already had a game they wanted to make, Square, in their seemingly infinite distaste for the desire of their consumer, said use this IP we bought even though your game isn't anything like the previous incarnations of this game. Now some might say that
    could be a good thing, well it *could*, but it isn't They took pretty much everything that made Dungeon Siege fun tossed it out the window and replaced it with boring crap. Customizable non class restricted characters? Gone. Replaced with staid premade toons. Large group dynamic including a pack mule to help you cart all your phat lootz? Gone. You run with one other npc. Great multiplayer that gives the game years of replayability? Gone. Replaced with what they have decided to call "couch coop", but I refer to as **** ie: ALL multiplayer data is kept with the host. In other words there is no reason to ever play this game with someone else online. You can't even bring your own character to the fight if you aren't the host. Think fable's notorious henchmen multiplayer and you have it in a nut shell. These things might be over looked if the game was fun, interesting, and/or offered some replayability, but with a dull been there done that story, no new game plus, and butchered multiplayer Obsidian asks far too much @ 60 dollars. Rental. At best. Expand
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    At the very base of this type of game, co-op is essential, in Dungeon Siege 3, there is no incentive or point to Co-Op, none at all, none of the players playing, including the game host, will benefit from hosting a co-op session, no experience or gold is carried over into the actual game, when its earned in co-op.

This game was sold to me through the power of marketing which hooked me on
    the idea that I could play though the entire story mode in co-op.

With no persistent character saves, a locked camera angle and a useless multi-player feature, the only thing left for me to do with this game was to take it back and trade it in, while it still held its value.
  5. Jan 26, 2014
    At the core of every Hack and Slash game, one thing in particular needs to work well for the game to be fun- The actual hacking and slashing.
    This, unfortunately, is something this game fails to deliver on. Both the combat and animations are so rigid and stilted that I felt like I was trying to control a wooden puppet instead of a human, and it made for an entirely frustrating and un-fun
    experience.
    When you screw up that badly on the core mechanic of the game, how bad do you think the rest of it is? Spoiler: It's bad.
    From the exceedingly boring story to the (extremely limited) 4 characters that all had, honestly, pretty poor class archetypes, to the terribly limited equipment system, this game just gets everything wrong. Even the dialogue sections don't work well, as it tries for a Mass Effect- style system and ends up being shallow, and the close-ups on the characters reveal just how "off" the face models look.
    If you're thinking about buying this game, even just for some couch co-op; don't. Do yourself a favor and go out and find a copy of Champions of Norrath for the PS2. It's hard to believe that a PS2 game can both look and play miles better than A mid-gen 360/ PS3 title, but it does. So don't waste your time on this sorry excuse for a hack'n'slash, if you really want a console hack'n'slash, there's multiple superior options. Champions of Norrath and its sequel, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and its sequel, Diablo 3... Even Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes is better than this game. Don't waste your money.
  6. Mar 18, 2014
    Not to dog anyone who liked the game, but it was absolutely terrible. The high camera that you can't see any character detail almost made the game unplayable for me. Compared to other titles in the series and of the same genre it was very limited and wasn't a very good story. I would not recommend this game for anything but a coaster for drinks or a microwave to watch the sparks.
  7. Oct 23, 2011
    While playing this I encountered a game breaking glitch so I'm not giving this a one because I'm some super negative gamer who hates everything, I'm giving it a one because it broke, which is sad because I was actually having a lot of fun with this before it broke, sure it had it's frustrating moments, random load times, and bad facial animations, but it was still a lot of fun and one I would have highly recommended, and I checked it out so I'm not the only one this has happened to, the only reason I'm not giving it a zero is because I am only one of the few that this has happened to, and I did have fun before it broke, it's just way to sad that it had to break. Expand
  8. Jun 21, 2011
    This game's suxx! How could they screw up oh-so simple loot-game formula oh-so bad in so many ways?! Lets count how many screw ups are there, shall we?
    1 For a loot game there is no customization of your equipment, i mean if you pick Katarina is rifles and guns to the game's end. You can't pick up knife, sword or some kick ass hummer... NOOOO! it's guns and riffles all da way. That's
    suxx.
    2 There's no option in developin' your character - you can't play the game with the same character choice and end up with two different chars in the end - you'll take all skills available eventually and they power ups is hardly notecable. it's the same with Passive skills. Level up is boring and that's suxx.
    3 Fight's are boring! With Katarina i'ts pretty much just button mashing. THere were times, where i dont even see where tha hell i am shooting, and i didn't care either cause enemies were dyin'. There were times when i was thinking that game is just playin' with itself and doesen't need me and that's suxx.
    4 There was no boss fight until the very end. There was bosses, but they hardly challengin' even on hardest settings available and they are just bigger versions of normal enemy or same as normal enemy with aura-like circles arround them. That's just lazy and unimaginative and that's suxx.
    5 For a loot game you have no clue WTF the item does. There are lot of characteristics that i dont get. whats Doom, whats Momentum, whats Block, whats Warding? there's no help with this, there's no characterization.I still don't get it and i finished this POS. Having Characteristics unknown in a loot-game is suxx
    6 Skills are pathetic and unconvenient. You'll have skills for each weapon. 3. Why not all 6 with all weapons? that's just buffles me. F.e. Katarina has skill - summon wolf, that she could do, only when she equips 2 guns. hmmm...whyyyyy? skill's themselves are pathetic. i finished the game with the same skill i have in the beginning and that's just sad... and suxx.
    7 plot. It's stupid, i'ts unimaginative, it's flat, it's predictable... in a loot-game, whatever right? Right. F.e. who cared about plot in Torchlight, Diablo 2, Titan quest? No one. At least not me. Why is it an issue here? Because it's All. Over. The. PLACE. It's annoying! You can take two steps without someone startin' talkin' to you. It's EVERYWHERE and even if you skip it it's still ANNOYING! and suxx.
    8 THey tryin' to rip off better games like ME and DAO. I'am huge bioware fan and for me thoose elements looked cheap, half-done, and bad executed. THey are tryin' to convince you, that choices you make will form a sequel's world. I don't buy it! There's going to be no sequel to THIS game. Pathetic ripoffs of better games is usually BAD idea and it's suxx!
    9 Cut-scenes... 99 cents worth moving pictures. It's like a slap in the face! You can't get more cheaper than those! Remember how cool it's been with cut-scenes in Diablo2? There was even extra disc with only those! That was AWESOME. But not here. Not in this game. This game is suxx!
    10 Voice acting suxx and make no mistake about it, which makes plot issues even more insufferable!
    11 there is no world map in this one! WHY? Why would you do such a thing, obsidian? It's just suxx
    12 Game length is only 6 hours! 6!!! I was readin' comments, where people say it was 12.. Are you retarded or something? I've completed ALL the quests, waste about an hour in ice dungeon, cause got i've got lost in the damned thing. Still it was 6 hours. Short-length games are suxx.
    All in all it's just hard to recommend this game to anyone. At this price you can get torchlight, both Deathspanks and Titan quest and EACH OF THEM is far more enjoyable than this flick. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
  9. Jun 22, 2011
    This is only a dungeon siege game by name. Repetitive combat, boring story and rigid game overall. Ds1 and 2 were great games. Ds3 is not fantastic, not great or good. Its plain boring, not worth your money! Its a shame the DS name is getting dragged through the mud. I will go and play dungeon siege 2 now and dream of DS4 hoping it will be great..
  10. Mar 3, 2012
    If you like linear dungeons, button mashing fights and a lack of imagination in a game, then Dungeon Siege III is just what you need to brighten up your day! Everything about this game is just too basic and belongs in the year 2000. Forget about variety, depending on the character you pick, you're stuck with the same type of weapon throughout the entire game. No switching from sword to magic, no experimenting with the skill tree and no exciting boss fights - just the same thing over and over again, until you grow so bored of this headache of a game that you take your rental copy back early because any more time spent on it will feel wasted. For your own sanity, do not play this game! Expand

1. Sep 14, 2011
    It doesn't push the envelope aside from experimenting with gameplay but if you like this type of game you'll probably enjoy yourself as long as you speed through the story.
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    The story may not be the greatest, but the gameplay is solid and for that alone you should check it out.
    A fun game in places, but after one run through of the game you will not really have the urge to go back for more. This will certainly help you pass a few hours but beyond that it is hard to see it as little more than filler for bigger and better things.