Generally favorable reviews- based on 57 Ratings
Feb 18, 2014EDF 2025 is everything you could want from a sequel. I, being a veteran of EDF 2017, see all the improvements and new features since EDF 2017.EDF 2025 is everything you could want from a sequel. I, being a veteran of EDF 2017, see all the improvements and new features since EDF 2017. They are as follows:
- Better Graphics: If you compare the graphics of EDF 2017 to 2025, you will see that everything is more detailed by a huge leap. Yet it still retains the cheesy style that EDF fans love.
- More Weapons: EDF 2025 features more than 700 weapons. That is the most weapons in any EDF game. Approximately 175 weapons per class. Each weapon is vastly different from the other. And all the weapons can level up, to level 75. Making them useful on any difficulty.
- More Missions: More than 80 missions. Each with five difficulty levels. Easy, Normal, Hard, Hardest and Inferno. You unlock better weapons on the harder difficulty's. Making multiple playthroughs necessary to acquire good enough weapons and enough armor points to beat Inferno.
- 4 Soldier Classes: In EDF 2025 there are 4 classes: Ranger, Wing Diver, Air Raider and Fencer. Each have a vastly different play style. Call in vehicles and air strikes as the Air Raider. Wield dual mini guns and artillery as the Fencer. Jet pack around the city firing lasers and plasma everywhere as the Wing Diver. And use a huge variety of weapons as the Ranger.
- More Enemies: EDF 2025 adds brand new versions of he enemies found in EDF 2017, as well as keeping old favorites. While still bringing fresh and new enemies to the game. Such as dragons, shield bearers, retiarius spiders, bees, new versions of hectors and more than 19 enemy types.
- More Vehicles: EDF 2017 had 4 vehicles. A tank, helicopter, bike and mech suit. EDF 2025 has 13 vehicles. Including a Bike, MRL, 2 Apc's, 3 Tanks, 3 mech suits and 3 helicopters. And the Air Raider can call these vehicles in to assist with the mission at anytime.
- More Players: EDF 2025 features 4 player online co-op, as well as keeping 2 player local or online split-screen.
- Longer Game: It took me more than 100 hours to completely beat EDF 2017. Meaning all difficulty's were passed and all weapons were acquired. EDF 2017 had 53 missions, five difficulty's and 171 weapons. EDF 2025 has more than 80 missions (excluding DLC), five difficulty's and more than 700 weapons (excluding DLC), and now the weapons can be leveled up to level 75. Just thought I should put that into perspective.
- More Things: EDF 2025 now has limb dismemberment. Meaning you could blast an ant or hector into a bunch little pieces. Rag-doll physics for both enemies and the player. Enemies can now grab, eat and throw you around. Huge open environment with fully destructible buildings and foliage. Emotes can now be acted out by your soldier. Dynamic radio chatter for NPC soldiers. Color customization for your soldier. The EDF style is ULTRA MAN meets Starship Troopers, if that sounds awesome, its because it is.
- DLC: EDF 2025 is the first Asian developed EDF to feature DLC. There are going to be 45 new missions being released from now, to March 11. Costing $21.00 in total.
This game is a most own for any EDF fan. And a great purchase for any interested in this style of game. A huge amount of content and carnage. 10/10… Full Review »
Feb 18, 2014You get to destroy giant insects, giant arachnids, giant robots, and giant buildings! If that is not your cup of tea, then this is not theYou get to destroy giant insects, giant arachnids, giant robots, and giant buildings! If that is not your cup of tea, then this is not the game for you, and you are also wrong. EDF! EDF! E D F!!!… Full Review »
Feb 19, 2014If you're into AAA titles with loads of polish, deep gameplay and cinematic stories... then you probably don't want to play EDF 2025. IfIf you're into AAA titles with loads of polish, deep gameplay and cinematic stories... then you probably don't want to play EDF 2025. If you've ever been elitist about games needing to be art or you require cutting edge graphics and professionally acted voices then just don't bother, stay far away from this game.
If you're into arcade action, humongous swarms of enemies and just blowing up everything in sight with B-movie charm and without concern for polish or professionalism, just pure, simple and totally ridiculous gameplay, then give it a go.
It improves upon EDF 2017 in every way imaginable, even taking the good ideas from the western developed Insect Armageddon such as character classes.
If you're already a fan of this series, you know exactly what to expect. Everything you love about it is here in larger quantities than before. All of the cheese and unapologetic lack of polish is back and I wouldn't want it any other way.
I'm glad developers like Sandlot are still out there to make games that focus on arcade style fun as their primary goal. They're a dying breed. EDF 2025 is a niche gem that will be seen as schlock by many but greatly appreciated by the people it clicks with.… Full Review »