Feb 18, 2014EDF 2025 is everything you could want from a sequel. I, being a veteran of EDF 2017, see all the improvements and new features since EDF 2017. They are as follows:
- Better Graphics: If you compare the graphics of EDF 2017 to 2025, you will see that everything is more detailed by a huge leap. Yet it still retains the cheesy style that EDF fans love.
- More Weapons: EDF 2025 features more than 700 weapons. That is the most weapons in any EDF game. Approximately 175 weapons per class. Each weapon is vastly different from the other. And all the weapons can level up, to level 75. Making them useful on any difficulty.
- More Missions: More than 80 missions. Each with five difficulty levels. Easy, Normal, Hard, Hardest and Inferno. You unlock better weapons on the harder difficulty's. Making multiple playthroughs necessary to acquire good enough weapons and enough armor points to beat Inferno.
- 4 Soldier Classes: In EDF 2025 there are 4 classes: Ranger, Wing Diver, Air Raider and Fencer. Each have a vastly different play style. Call in vehicles and air strikes as the Air Raider. Wield dual mini guns and artillery as the Fencer. Jet pack around the city firing lasers and plasma everywhere as the Wing Diver. And use a huge variety of weapons as the Ranger.
- More Enemies: EDF 2025 adds brand new versions of he enemies found in EDF 2017, as well as keeping old favorites. While still bringing fresh and new enemies to the game. Such as dragons, shield bearers, retiarius spiders, bees, new versions of hectors and more than 19 enemy types.
- More Vehicles: EDF 2017 had 4 vehicles. A tank, helicopter, bike and mech suit. EDF 2025 has 13 vehicles. Including a Bike, MRL, 2 Apc's, 3 Tanks, 3 mech suits and 3 helicopters. And the Air Raider can call these vehicles in to assist with the mission at anytime.
- More Players: EDF 2025 features 4 player online co-op, as well as keeping 2 player local or online split-screen.
- Longer Game: It took me more than 100 hours to completely beat EDF 2017. Meaning all difficulty's were passed and all weapons were acquired. EDF 2017 had 53 missions, five difficulty's and 171 weapons. EDF 2025 has more than 80 missions (excluding DLC), five difficulty's and more than 700 weapons (excluding DLC), and now the weapons can be leveled up to level 75. Just thought I should put that into perspective.
- More Things: EDF 2025 now has limb dismemberment. Meaning you could blast an ant or hector into a bunch little pieces. Rag-doll physics for both enemies and the player. Enemies can now grab, eat and throw you around. Huge open environment with fully destructible buildings and foliage. Emotes can now be acted out by your soldier. Dynamic radio chatter for NPC soldiers. Color customization for your soldier. The EDF style is ULTRA MAN meets Starship Troopers, if that sounds awesome, its because it is.
- DLC: EDF 2025 is the first Asian developed EDF to feature DLC. There are going to be 45 new missions being released from now, to March 11. Costing $21.00 in total.
This game is a most own for any EDF fan. And a great purchase for any interested in this style of game. A huge amount of content and carnage. 10/10… Expand
Feb 19, 2014If you're into AAA titles with loads of polish, deep gameplay and cinematic stories... then you probably don't want to play EDF 2025. If you've ever been elitist about games needing to be art or you require cutting edge graphics and professionally acted voices then just don't bother, stay far away from this game.
If you're into arcade action, humongous swarms of enemies and just blowing up everything in sight with B-movie charm and without concern for polish or professionalism, just pure, simple and totally ridiculous gameplay, then give it a go.
It improves upon EDF 2017 in every way imaginable, even taking the good ideas from the western developed Insect Armageddon such as character classes.
If you're already a fan of this series, you know exactly what to expect. Everything you love about it is here in larger quantities than before. All of the cheese and unapologetic lack of polish is back and I wouldn't want it any other way.
I'm glad developers like Sandlot are still out there to make games that focus on arcade style fun as their primary goal. They're a dying breed. EDF 2025 is a niche gem that will be seen as schlock by many but greatly appreciated by the people it clicks with.… Expand
Feb 19, 2014If you are a fan of prior EDF 2017, or even Insect Armageddon, you will be more than excited and pleased with this title!
Right off the bat EDF 2025 remains true as a sequal to 2017, with a familiar feel, sound, and look (other than way better graphics and smoothness). Classic fans will appreciate the Ranger class as being "the original" character, but the new classes have some really cool perks and completely different play styles also. With 25+ levels (not including constant DLC) 5x as many weapons, individual class leveling, weapon leveling, and 5 difficulty settings, there is near endless replayability! New 4 player co-op lets you play with your friends, and set weapon/armor limitations so you aren't getting blown out of the water if your friends are 20+levels higher than you. Everything you would expect and want in an EDF title is here. The only minor issue I can tell at this time is the occasional frame rate slowing from howitzer strikes and huge explosions, but its completely acceptable since those are not all the time, and EDF is supposed to be like that "cheezy B-rated action movie" kinda game.
So it all boils down to this, if you're and EDF fan and know what to expect, or want a ridiculous fun co-op game for you and your crew, buy this game. If you are looking for the next genre-defying game, stick with something familiar.… Expand
Feb 28, 2014Perfect. This is exactly what I wanted. More of the chaos and mayhem of the first with extra enemies thrown in for awesome.
The classes are nifty, but you can stick to the Ranger and get the same feel as you did in 2017. Sure, the way things break and die is silly, and the action is over the top, there's no hiding behind ledges and you're not methodically dodging bullets to kill enemies with your knife, but that's EXACTLY the reason I like EDF so much more than all of those other shooters. I don't wanna waste my time in some sort of pseudo-reality, I wanna blow giant robots up!
If you liked EDF 2017, which I obviously did, then this is what we've been waiting for since the last time you played EDF which, if you're like me, was the 20th or so time.… Expand
Mar 8, 2014EDF is unique.
Its a squad based scifi b movie 3rd person shooter which you'll either love or hate. AI is bizzare. Missions are repetative. Graphics are OKish, but collision detection is poor, Sound is poor. Voice acting/script is ;so bad its good' - hearing the EDF squads sing their mad songs is surreal.
But the action is non stop and, somehow, EDF is fun, lovable and brilliant - at least in multiplayer mode with friends which is how I always play it… Expand
Feb 26, 2014It's so refreshing to play a game that doesn't want more than to entertain you. Mindless fun, blowing up stuff and simply great with a friend on the couch. Yes, it would be nice if the framerate didn't suck but I won't give up levelling whole cities for that and fighting against huge masses of giant insects.
It's the perfect game for relief after a stressful day!
Feb 24, 2014The more of these things you enjoy the more you will enjoy this game: - EDF 2017 - Intense Arcade action featuring insects - Blowing up the city... to save the city - Hundreds of unlockable weapons with varying and crazy special effects - Awesome Co-Op splitscreen campaign If you were a fan of Earth Defense Force 2017 just go buy this game now. It's not like Insect Armageddon, it's so much better. This is the real deal, this is what you've been waiting for and didn't even know it.
It's not a super polished game, you're gonna run into weird and hilarious bugs. The dialog is also hilariously awful, I mean this in the best way.
In the end though if you're looking for a game to just sit down with a friend and destroy giant bugs and a variety of other crazy stuff this is the game for you. Would vote 11/10 if possible.… Expand
Jun 23, 2014Juego totalmente infravalorado por jugadores y prensa que parecen haber olvidado que la gracia de un juego pasa por su capacidad de entretener y no necesariamente por su profundidad y apartado técnico.
EDF 2025 es un juego de acción en tercera persona que no solo ofrece lo más bizarro del cine clase "B" (enfrentándonos a insectos gigantes, robots y aliens) sino también una muy fuerte sensación de inferioridad frente a imponentes enemigos de inmenso tamaño.
En las 85 misiones que componen la campaña (la cual puede ser jugada de a dos personas splitscreen o cuatro online) la variedad viene de la mano de los diferentes enemigos, escenarios y armamentos que se van incorporando al juego, los cuales logran un buen trabajo teniendo en cuenta que generalmente los objetivos son siempre similares.
En resumen: Aquel que busque un juego que lo lance de lleno a la acción sin complicaciones y ofrezca una sumamente entretenida y retante (se pone bastante complicado a medida que avanzás) experiencia para dos jugadores en cooperativo, aquí va a encontrar todo lo que busca. Realmente un juego único y fantástico para reírse un buen rato con amigos.
Una pena que los puntajes que recibió de la prensa y jugadores que, probablemente, ni le dieron una oportunidad seguramente van a influir en muchos que seguramente disfrutarían mucho lo que EDF 2025 tiene para ofrecer.… Expand