7.0

1. Jul 5, 2011
    One of the most under-appreciated current generation games, Eat Lead is an intelligent satire of the gaming landscape from the mid 1980's onward. While it brings only an average-length single player shooter to the table, and graphics that fall short of the expectations laid out there by big-budget, triple-A 'Hollywood' titles, it asks for less money in return. It invokes the indie spiritOne of the most under-appreciated current generation games, Eat Lead is an intelligent satire of the gaming landscape from the mid 1980's onward. While it brings only an average-length single player shooter to the table, and graphics that fall short of the expectations laid out there by big-budget, triple-A 'Hollywood' titles, it asks for less money in return. It invokes the indie spirit of lovably ballsy bargain-bin titles like Serious Sam and relies on clever writing to paint a humorous, violent picture onto the bare canvas of standard, cover-system shooting mechanics, while tweaking those mechanics with a few nice little innovations of its own, such as the ability to aim at your next desired bit of cover and tap a button to sprint towards it, a feature later used to widespread acclaim in Splinter Cell: Conviction. Also, while the game was made for Xbox 360 and PS3, much of the game's humor is derived from the same Apogee and id software games I first cut my gaming teeth on. Eat Lead loves many of the same games I love, and while the game is full of cutting jabs, there is vein of sportiness that runs through the whole thing. It's not insulting other games, it's roasting them, much like your best buddies will do to you at a bar. So if you're looking for a few fun-filled evenings at a low price, grab a beer and hang out with Matt. Expand
  2. RicO
    Dec 16, 2009
    This is a very interesting game, and a great idea. However, it has a very flawed gameplay system, with enemies spawning all over the place and terrible character AI. However, this being a parody of 20 years of gaming, it probably wouldn't have been the same if it did have one of the best examples of gameplay to date! Generally, it's a great, fun game for anyone who has seen the This is a very interesting game, and a great idea. However, it has a very flawed gameplay system, with enemies spawning all over the place and terrible character AI. However, this being a parody of 20 years of gaming, it probably wouldn't have been the same if it did have one of the best examples of gameplay to date! Generally, it's a great, fun game for anyone who has seen the rise of computer and console games through Mario, to Duke Nukem, and into the Halo days. Expand
  3. Brian
    Mar 17, 2009
    Honestly, this game is more fun and more of a challenge to me than Gears of War or Halo ever were. A lot of people complain that this was a blatant copy of Gears of War... what they fail to realize is that Gears of War was a copy of Killswitch. Go ahead, rent it for the Xbox sometime and tell me differently. At least this game pokes fun at everything, doesn't have overly long and Honestly, this game is more fun and more of a challenge to me than Gears of War or Halo ever were. A lot of people complain that this was a blatant copy of Gears of War... what they fail to realize is that Gears of War was a copy of Killswitch. Go ahead, rent it for the Xbox sometime and tell me differently. At least this game pokes fun at everything, doesn't have overly long and self indulgent cutscenes, and manages to bring around a fairly unique story. The same cannot be said for other action games as of late. If you're looking for a challenge, play the game on the medium or hard difficulty. If you want to just talk trash, then play it on easy and go on not being a real gamer. Expand
  4. Dave
    Jul 24, 2009
    Eat Lead has to be one of the most funniest and fun games i have played in awhile. I have played over 150 + games on Xbox 360 and this is one that i tell my friends they must try. Its cheap, fun and funny as H3ll! It does get repetitive after a few levels but the humour kept me wanting more and more. I dont think any game as of late has brought the unique game feel that this game brings. Eat Lead has to be one of the most funniest and fun games i have played in awhile. I have played over 150 + games on Xbox 360 and this is one that i tell my friends they must try. Its cheap, fun and funny as H3ll! It does get repetitive after a few levels but the humour kept me wanting more and more. I dont think any game as of late has brought the unique game feel that this game brings. It has many different gameplay features that most games should have or people want in a game. One lever you are third person shooting, the next level Interactive NIS's are playing. I think that if this game had some sort of online feature people would have played it more. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    One of The most underestimated games of all time according to me, Eat Lead is a parody of some real old classics like Mario Brothers amd Wolfenstein 3D. The game is not intended to be the best game ever made, it is not meant to be THAT game. It was made to make you laugh at it as much as with it. Personally i think the gameplay could've been better since it's a generic shooter with a bitOne of The most underestimated games of all time according to me, Eat Lead is a parody of some real old classics like Mario Brothers amd Wolfenstein 3D. The game is not intended to be the best game ever made, it is not meant to be THAT game. It was made to make you laugh at it as much as with it. Personally i think the gameplay could've been better since it's a generic shooter with a bit repetetive gameplay.and stiff controls (like gears of war but he moves like he just got shot in the legs).

The story is about this made up classic videogame character: Matt Hazard that was one of the most popular video game characters during the 80's to mid 90's. This made the developers put him in som many genres and the games kept getting worse and he ended up "jobless". He regains his chance to get his career back in this new game called Eat Lead. The problem is that he doesn't know that the story ends with him getting killed... And thatäs the story of the game. Simple and just an excuse to shoot some bad guys.

The graphics and sound is just what the score implies ok but nothing special. The weapon effects sound stiff and uninspired. Way to plastic contrary to what the guns give the visual impression off. The highlight... ohh how many times didn't I laugh through this game. It requires that you have played some titles from several genres but the jokes are so good that you actually want to keep playing just to see the next cinematic throwing another boot to a popular game. My favorite one is actually against a boss in the game, where it makes fun of the menus in JRPG's .

Overall I think this game was way underrated by most critics but it does require some gaming memories to get itäs full quality. The game overall is mediocre but the jokes are at top and the developers made at least me laugh. It it a fun game to play one time and just enjoy the ride but there is not much replay value. By the time I've reviewed this game you should be able to get it for like 15$ and it's money well spent for a weekend with Matt Hazard... Game On!

The story isn't there, the gameplay is tedious, and there's nothing visually exciting about this one. There are a few laughs here and there and some Achievement padding, but this has "bargain bin" written all over it.
    Matt Hazard is not a great game. It falls victim to a lot of the cliches that it pokes fun at and Matt Hazard doesn't have the star appeal of a Duke Nukem or a Marcus Fenix. It doesn't take the spoof thing far enough--they totally waste the voice over talents of the awesome Will Arnett--and the action needs three more coats of polish but it definitely has its moments. Despite its faults, I more or less enjoyed it.
  3. A bad shooter with worse excuses, and there’s little chance you’ll enjoy playing it as much as Vicious Cycle enjoyed making it. The developers relied too heavily on cheap laughs, and didn’t take advantage of the satire nearly as much as they should have. Instead, they used it as a crutch, explaining missing features and other problems on the game’s premise – an excuse that grows thin quickly, as far too often, it’s used to the detriment of the player instead of to their benefit.