Enchanted Arms Xbox 360

6.8

1. TonyG.
    Sep 25, 2006
    Basic Japanese turn-based RPG. Good marks in all categories, but this title breaks no new ground. Rental-worthy, but probably not purchase-worthy.
  2. CarlB.
    Jun 16, 2007
    The battles got real old after about five minutes and the long explanations were really annoying. The only good things i have to say is the scenery and the dialogue were excellent which brought up the vote substantially.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    It has a good combat system but also the ability to autobattle which is great for grinding. The characters are good for a JRPG but most of the dialogue is incredibly campy and the voice acting just randomly stops for no reason during some of it. It's not like they voiced main scenes and you have to read side quests, it just randomly cuts out, its weird. The story is decent and makes youIt has a good combat system but also the ability to autobattle which is great for grinding. The characters are good for a JRPG but most of the dialogue is incredibly campy and the voice acting just randomly stops for no reason during some of it. It's not like they voiced main scenes and you have to read side quests, it just randomly cuts out, its weird. The story is decent and makes you want to keep going but you have to stop and grind before moving on every time. There is an insane amount of grinding throughout the game and a very boring and laborious exploit to increase your skills which is almost compulsory to succeed. To reduce the grinding though there is a very broken, completely overpowered optional character you can get to effortlessly kill the last boss. Expand
  4. Jun 21, 2013
    It's certainly a good game with a decent set of characters and enjoyable storyline, even if it's not deep and gripping. I honestly found the combat frustrating with the encounter rate at times, but I managed to get past that to finish the game and I'm glad I did. Just don't expect it to be anything other than an enjoyable game with some flaws..
  5. Jan 30, 2013
    A decent JRPG that really doesn't add anything new to the genre. But it isn't bad either. Actually, I rather enjoyed it for what it was: A generic JRPG. Some decent voice acting (as far as JRPGs are concerned.) Some good visuals and animations. The combat mechanic is fun but still feels dated and stale. Generic, but lovable, characters that are rather well designed. A predictable, butA decent JRPG that really doesn't add anything new to the genre. But it isn't bad either. Actually, I rather enjoyed it for what it was: A generic JRPG. Some decent voice acting (as far as JRPGs are concerned.) Some good visuals and animations. The combat mechanic is fun but still feels dated and stale. Generic, but lovable, characters that are rather well designed. A predictable, but enjoyable, plot. Overall: A pretty good JRPG that seems too scared to do anything new, relying on tried and tested methods of the past. Relying primarily on nostalgic fans to be interested. As I am a big JRPG fan, I will say that I liked it and didn't mind its approach style, just, I found it was a shame since clearly the game could have been much, much more. Expand

1. [EM]-eNCHANT aRM- has a predictable, yet entertaining, plot featuring a small cast of likeable characters, a moderate sized world that will take about 40 hours to explore, and a good battle system. Sure the graphics are a mixed bag, music is strangely absent, and the encounter rate is high, yet it's still a nice start for next-gen rpgs. [JPN Import]
  2. Play Magazine
    [eM] is most impressive when placed in its proper context: From Software managed to craft a sprawling, 60-hour-long, traditional J-RPG on a next-generation platform in an incredibly short ammount of time....and it's actually pretty darn good. [Mar 2006, p.61]
  3. Edge Magazine
    It’s a unique offering for 360 owners – as it would have been for Xbox – certainly, but one who’s highlights can’t match those of the RPGs currently burning brightly on PS2. [Apr 2006, p.87]