6.6

1. Nov 14, 2010
    Faery: Legends of Avalon is a fun game, though rough around the edges with the translation. I love the look of it and personally thought the flight and movement both handled and looked fantastic. The different worlds you travel to are attractive but small and there was a heavy reliance on tedious fetch quests throughout the game. The combat is a simple turnbased system but entertainingFaery: Legends of Avalon is a fun game, though rough around the edges with the translation. I love the look of it and personally thought the flight and movement both handled and looked fantastic. The different worlds you travel to are attractive but small and there was a heavy reliance on tedious fetch quests throughout the game. The combat is a simple turnbased system but entertaining and can catch you sleeping if you're not careful. The story was too linear for my tastes, we couldn't even choose which world to explore first as is common in RPGs these days. There weren't any real decisions of consequence either except in one instance, though it was quite a doozy. I can't wait for the next game to see what happens.

Overall I really enjoyed Faery: Legends of Avalon quite a bit and look forward to a second installment in the series. I just wish things would open up abit in the next game and that I can customize, equip and level up my party mates instead of it being done for me. The game is presented well but with rough edges, the gameplay is straightforward and on the simplistic side but provides for an entertaining experience overall and the story starts off slow but does finish strong. It was worth my 1200 points.
  2. Jan 17, 2011
    Graphics:
    As it comes to graphics it is not too bad for a downloadable game. Don't expect to get the newest and the best you have ever seen, more PSP like graphics but on your big tv. The environment can be somewhat empty every here and there, but the artwork is amazing! The colors are well chosen even tho the colours appear somewhat minimalistic.
    Audio: The audio is pretty good. It is
    Graphics:

Audio: The audio is pretty good. It is good at a level that it does not disappoint. The sounds are basic, aswell as predictable and sometimes seem like they are imported from games from 2005 or so. Biggest sit back was when the dialogue was no sound acting but read only. The soundtrack however is amazing. You can almost compare it to 'Lord of the Rings'. It is all well composed, sometimes even gives you an feeling of epicness.

Gameplay:
    I will be really short about this too. Basic but fabulous. The navigation in the world is as easy as taking a pee. The battles are really easy too. However there are enough abilities to explore in battles, as well as tactics. It would be nice tho if there was a time limit for the choice you make to make the turn based part a bit more interactive.
    The skill points are intresting too. It affects your visual (I.E. skills also change your apperance with new wings, horns on your head etc.) and will make your character stronger and will give you new abilities. These differ from more HP up to awesome magic attacks.

Conclusion:
    F:LoA is an entertaining game. It is fun to play, has nothing too dificult and has nice artwork. Don't expect a full retail RPG game, more a smaller but very fun game to play. As a total score I would give it a 5 when I started. But when I got further into the game it surprised me with fun gameplay, nice enviroments and fun characteristics. I had to choose between a 7 and 8 since I was thinking of giving it a 7.5. However, due to the basicness of the game (is that a word?) I chose to give it a 7. All together: A basic but fun game!
  3. Nov 14, 2010
    I enjoyed this game and spent many hours exploring and delighted by the enchanting characters. The music is beautiful and the artwork when viewing the credits as creative as the rest of the game. The turnbased combat was fun and a nice break from the more hard core shooter/slash games I also like to play. I did not mind my companions leveling up automatically. It was enough to takeI enjoyed this game and spent many hours exploring and delighted by the enchanting characters. The music is beautiful and the artwork when viewing the credits as creative as the rest of the game. The turnbased combat was fun and a nice break from the more hard core shooter/slash games I also like to play. I did not mind my companions leveling up automatically. It was enough to take care of my own skill tree. I appreciate being able to customise my character as a female (yay!) and the creative metamorphosis process was cool. The worlds you visit are not expansive, but for a download RPG arcade game, I have no grumbles there. Hoping there will be DLC in the pipeline. Nice job, Spiders. I valued every point I spent to get your game and magical subtle messages well delivered. Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2010
    A sweet little RPG lite with some good ideas and nice environments. Combat is turn based, and your character has good range of customizations, enough to make them unique.

The worlds are smaller than I would like though there are a number of them. Each has a unique theme and monsters.
  5. Jan 5, 2014
    I loved this game. The graphics were beautifully done and the ability to fly over everything was breathtaking. i was glad I was able to design my own character and was amazed at all of the other characters. I have played through the game so verbal times and keep hoping for a part 2.

1. Feb 26, 2011
    Faery is really quite a bland game with an uninspired combat system and basic storyline. Still, it does serve its purpose as a nice bit of eye candy.
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    In the end, though, I give Spiders credit for their work on Faery: Legends of Avalon. If they maintain the quality music and dialogue from the game, improve the plot, and fix the controls and world maps, they'll have a decent game on their hands, worth the 1200 MS points. In that case, pick up the first episode of the series. Otherwise, your money is better spent elsewhere.
  3. Feb 13, 2011
    Faery: Legends of Avalon isn't exactly a fairytale. The fact that you can make your own fairy is one of the few hightlights of this game. The campaign is simply too short and the audio and video are very mediocre.