8.6

1. Apr 27, 2011
    If you liked Oblivion you will fall in love with this masterpiece. Trying to follow your missing dad ,stuff gets more interesting and almost impossible to finish the game , simply because you just want to explore Washington completely. There are a lot of weapons but limited ammo , radiated water , hordes of creatures and mutants , rider making it hard and struggling to survive in thisIf you liked Oblivion you will fall in love with this masterpiece. Trying to follow your missing dad ,stuff gets more interesting and almost impossible to finish the game , simply because you just want to explore Washington completely. There are a lot of weapons but limited ammo , radiated water , hordes of creatures and mutants , rider making it hard and struggling to survive in this wicked dangerous world. Cool graphics , cool environment , desolated city etc. Great ambient sound effect. This is a totally pick for RPG fans Expand
  2. Oct 8, 2010
    Loved this game. preordered it and awaited its arrival. loved it straight away. i've replayed it more than oblivion, i find it easier to take off from where i left it than oblivion where i feel i have to start a new character. rather than fast travel i wish there was the option of some sort of vehicle to pilot but i guess the terrain in the game would not be able to support this. i likeLoved this game. preordered it and awaited its arrival. loved it straight away. i've replayed it more than oblivion, i find it easier to take off from where i left it than oblivion where i feel i have to start a new character. rather than fast travel i wish there was the option of some sort of vehicle to pilot but i guess the terrain in the game would not be able to support this. i like the fact you can spend hours walking. see things in the distance and travel towards them and the level of if i can say "realism" in that travel from A to B of the obstacles you might encounter in between. Expand
  3. Jun 1, 2011
    This game will draw you in and never let you go if you let it. It's post apocolyptic setting mixed with it's unique cast of characters, stellar soundtrack and interesting locations and missions and you have one of the best settings in video games. If you love post apocolyptic settings, 1950's American culture, salvaging and character customization, this is your game.
  4. Sep 24, 2011
    With Fallout 3 they took everything great about Oblivion and made it TEN TIMES BETTER. Not a surprise that this was awared so many GOTY rewards. Ignore the negative reviews of this MASTERPIECE, buy this game!
  5. Jan 8, 2015
    Though it's graphics are now long outdated this game is still one of my favorite games of all time. The ambiance is chilling and every aspect of this game blends together flawlessly. The story is a bit short but is is deep and supplemented with many fun side quests and cool characters. The music, enemies and creatures and npc characters are all uniquely fallout and will be hard wired intoThough it's graphics are now long outdated this game is still one of my favorite games of all time. The ambiance is chilling and every aspect of this game blends together flawlessly. The story is a bit short but is is deep and supplemented with many fun side quests and cool characters. The music, enemies and creatures and npc characters are all uniquely fallout and will be hard wired into my brain for the rest of my life. The only reason i'm not giving this gem a perfect score is because it's color shading is a bit off and it makes everything look kinda greenish and there are a few minor glitches. Do yourself a favor and go buy the GOTYE of this game now. Expand
  6. Oct 29, 2012
    Fallout 3 masterfully creates a parallel universe for players to explore and lose dozens of hours in. No other game of this console generation comes close to offering the amount of content, freedom of choice, and level of immersion that can be found here.
  7. Sep 20, 2010
    I felt a sense of accomplishment. But then again I don't feel the need for a "100% completion score." It can be done without much hassle, though. Very fun game - I really liked Oblivion and I loved playing Fallout and Fallout 2 as a kid so that engine with that story was nice. Can't wait for New Vegas.
  8. Mar 18, 2011
    Fallout 3 is most definitely a must have for a new gamer to the XBOX 360. The basic storyline to the fallout is that you're born in Vault 101 (Can decide to male or female) where you live with your Dad (Your Mum tragically dies from child birth) and you see yourself grow up in the Vault this extends to when you're a one year old child and 18 your old teenage whens something terribleFallout 3 is most definitely a must have for a new gamer to the XBOX 360. The basic storyline to the fallout is that you're born in Vault 101 (Can decide to male or female) where you live with your Dad (Your Mum tragically dies from child birth) and you see yourself grow up in the Vault this extends to when you're a one year old child and 18 your old teenage whens something terrible happens and you need to sort things out.

I love the aspect in how you can do what ever you want in the wastelands (Basically the world of Fallout) without affecting the game storyline etc. You encounter many enemies along your journey this can extend to bugs like a Radroach and Super Mutants, the difficulty of these enemies vary on your levels and how you use your skill points effectively to create your own personal character ( S.P.E.C.I.A.L ; Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck) e.g. If your character has a high Charisma he is more likely to buy items for a low price and sell items for a high price. You can decide individual perks for character as you level up.

My final analysis on Fallout is very good, as I love how it bases your actions on real life and the consequences you will get whether they are good or bad e.g. If you kill someone in the a town, the townspeople will consider you a threat and would like you removed. The reason why I didn't give this game a 10 it is because:

1. Being addicted to certain drugs can be very annoying if you are on a battlefield in search for medicine. (Can be cured by a Doctor: which I accidentally killed =) )
    2. A minuscule and minor fault with Fallout 3 not to seem feminine or anything but i would like to see what my character looks like from the front rather than the back because I'm partial to games were you dress up your character =)

Hope you enjoy my review and buy Fallout 3!
    =D
  9. Nov 25, 2010
    This is Oblivion in the Fallout universe, don't be fooled. That said, it's not a bad thing. As usual, this game is riddled with bugs and frustrations, but overall it's definitely worth it. I put so many hours into it that I know it's worth playing through them. The story is vast and engaging, and for a single player game, it'll give you a ton of bang for your buck.
  10. Feb 4, 2011
    Fallout 3 is one of the best experiences I have ever had with a video game, the graphics are AMAZING and still highly impressive even by todays standards, voice acting is top notch, and sound effects and music are outstanding, the quests are amazing, this game has stolen over 200 hours of my life and I still want more, my only complaints are that it has some bugs and glitches, but in theFallout 3 is one of the best experiences I have ever had with a video game, the graphics are AMAZING and still highly impressive even by todays standards, voice acting is top notch, and sound effects and music are outstanding, the quests are amazing, this game has stolen over 200 hours of my life and I still want more, my only complaints are that it has some bugs and glitches, but in the end they don't hinder the experience at all, I highly recommend this game to any and all gamers, it is an adventure that must be experienced by everyone. Expand
  11. Jan 11, 2011
    perfect. the perfect game really.

anyone who says it's too short, should go play pac man. the point of the game and it's ilk is exploration.

I still play.
  12. Feb 27, 2011
    Fallout 3 offers great value for your money and rivals one of the best games of the decade Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

PROS: Lives up to the standards that made the Fallout series great. Vast in game world to explore. Rich and fulfilling RPG elements that make the game unique. Captivating world that blends the history 1950s into scifi and the idea of the future. Game play make the game outstanding.

PROS: Bad animations that can ruin the immersion of the game. Unsatisfying main quest that can drag on. p.s. Don't come in to the game expecting a FPS game or you will disappointed.
  13. Mar 6, 2011
    Yes some of the character animation isn't great - human anyway - but switching to first person view helps.
    This games has offered me more hours of entertainment than any other, and that includes some of the big titles from 2010. The open ended exploration coupled with the enemy AI make this game so exciting to play: enemies will not simply wait for you - they will come after you. There is also great variety in the gameplay, so many ways to kill or be killed.
  14. Mar 21, 2011
    After the huge disappointment that was DA:II, I needed a new game to try my hand at. I love Oblivion but wanted something a bit different. For anyone new to the series, I will say the giant post-apocalyptic world can seem a bit daunting. You'll stumble over map locations more often than you'll have them mapped out for you by a helpful NPC but that's part of the allure to this game. You canAfter the huge disappointment that was DA:II, I needed a new game to try my hand at. I love Oblivion but wanted something a bit different. For anyone new to the series, I will say the giant post-apocalyptic world can seem a bit daunting. You'll stumble over map locations more often than you'll have them mapped out for you by a helpful NPC but that's part of the allure to this game. You can just wander, scavenging what you can to keep you in caps and ammo or head out to tackle one of the various side-quests or forge ahead in the main story. Keep your Pip-Boy tuned to GNR for some ambiance and your weapon loaded. Expand
  15. Apr 30, 2012
    Whilst Skyrim feels like a cheap, by the numbers cash-in designed for nothing more than raking in people's dollar from pre-orders, Fallout 3 (GOTY ed) is a superbly crafted game, and the effort + skill put into this top notch package is evident throughout. The main reason the game works so well is because the game's environment, and subsequent discoveries you make throughout exploring it,Whilst Skyrim feels like a cheap, by the numbers cash-in designed for nothing more than raking in people's dollar from pre-orders, Fallout 3 (GOTY ed) is a superbly crafted game, and the effort + skill put into this top notch package is evident throughout. The main reason the game works so well is because the game's environment, and subsequent discoveries you make throughout exploring it, really draw you in and submerse you with ease - the capital wasteland has so much character that you can't help but fall in love with it. Everything about the game fits and works well too, from the leveling system to the VATS combat system which, although it may take a little time to get used to, never gets old. The atmospheric terminator-esq music helps draw you in too, and a lot of the quests actually require you to keep pushing on throughout the wasteland instead of being simple fetch quests (although there are a few of those in there) - which again enhances that desire to explore further. The RPG aspect does still lack - again it's a case of there not being that much choice available (although there is still SOME choice available, more than Skyrim). But the game is no weaker for it, and a game which is all about exploration in a ruined wasteland manages to nail that right on the nose. It can be a bit buggy at times, and it can also be a tad repetitive, but overall it just works and it works superbly. Definitely one to put at the top of your shopping list. Expand
  16. Sep 16, 2011
    have never been a huge fan of the rpg genre but fallout 3 changes the way I look at rpgs this is one of the most brilliant, deep, enthralling and in depth game I have ever played. First off this game's areas just really add to the Post Apocalypse feel of the game the broken roads and destroyed buildings in the city really show how much effect the war had on the Capital Wasteland all thishave never been a huge fan of the rpg genre but fallout 3 changes the way I look at rpgs this is one of the most brilliant, deep, enthralling and in depth game I have ever played. First off this game's areas just really add to the Post Apocalypse feel of the game the broken roads and destroyed buildings in the city really show how much effect the war had on the Capital Wasteland all this gives the game a very realistic post of Apocalypse feel. The game also gives the player alot of freedom once the player progresses through first few main quests the player can do whatever he/she wants let that be roam around the capital wasteland killing people and monsters, going around discovering locations, finding sidequests, trying to find and buy weapons and or just continue on with the main quest. The game also gives the player a choice of what way the player wants to play there are 3 skills the player can choose in the start portion of the game which will allow him/her to choose his 3 top skills so the player can actually go ahead and base his combat skills on Melee Fighting, Shooting or the player can base his combat skills on the good old fashion way by his fists ofcourse by using fist gaunlets which the player can find at various locations throughtout the game. The game also has alot of perks giving the player more special abilities. On top of that there are other skills like Speech and Barter which can allow the player to avoid doing some tasks in particular quests or forcing the NPCs to pay them a larger sum for their services. There are also skills like Lockpick and Science that will allow the players lockpick locks and hack computers respectively both of these skills are necessary for some sidequests. Even though the game doesn't have that many sidequests they are also reasonably long and rewarding and all the sidequests vary in alot of different ways For example in one you will be going through the subway to kill some Fire Ants, in another one you will be going to various different places to gather research for a book someone is planning to write and in another quest you will be given a mercenary or assassin's contract to kill or assassinate people. However you can solve these quests in a number of different ways as well like for example you can force the book author to stop thinking about writing a book or you can give her false researh information, and in the mercenary contract quest you can lie to the person who hired you for killing about killing the people who were told to kill when you actually did not kill them, and turn your back on the person who gave you the contract in the first place and kill him instead. The game also has alot of enemy variety there are animals like wild dogs, bears and mole rats, monsters like the super mutants, Feral Ghouls and the Death Claws and thugs like the Raiders and there are tons of places which you can explore and some of those places have a hidden special weapon, item or armor which the player would love to get his hands on the enemy A.I leveling up scale has also been done well in this game. There is also alot of weapon variety in this game. The player can go around killing people in VATS in which the player chooses which parts of the body of the enemy to hit and each hit consumes AP points which refills after the player uses VATS that is definitely the best part about the game's combat however real time gun combat can be frustrating because of the aiming and shooting does not seem that well polished however the real time combat works fine when Melee or Unarmed weapons are being used. The game's story is good and serviceable but it could have been so much better the story started out so well and sucked me in the game than it just lost its momentum and in the end it just ended up being a war between the BoS and the Enclave over the Washington DC and the ending was really disappointing to me. The games soundtrack is a great kickback to the 1930s and 1940s I would have ever listened to those Gems if it wasn't for this game as far the Voice acting goes it is clear it was done by a small cast but they still did a good job just don't expect stellar voice acting you see in games like GTA, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect. The graphics of the game are not up to today's standards but that is still understandable considering how huge this game is. The game also has some bugs and glitches but I have not had that many crashes or any corrupt files there were bugs like slow down, texture and frame-rate pop ins from time to time and sometimes characters just disappeared or floated in thin air but that is particularly the fault of the old and dated Oblivion engine Bethesda used in this game. In the end despite its minor drawbacks Fallout 3 is great Sci-Fi post apocalypse game just waiting to reveal its dark secrets and sucking you in its world Fallout 3 is just amazing. 9.5/10. Expand
  17. Oct 25, 2011
    An absolute essential to any gamers repertoire. If you don't have Fallout 3, then you need to go and get it ASAP. You can get the GOTY edition now for 25$ brand new. That is a huge deal. For a game that offers hundreds of hours of entertainment, that is a steal.

Go and buy Fallout 3 right now, you will not regret it.
  18. Dec 8, 2013
    This is the best RPG I have played. It beats oblivion and skyrim to me. It has a meaningful story with great progression and skills. It is to good to ignore.
  19. Mar 19, 2012
    Masterpiece of modern gaming. Bethesda crafted a unique game which remains an excellent homage to the original Fallout series. Almost 4 years after its release and I can still pick it up and enjoy it again and again. It would not surprise me if I had 300+ hours of play time into it. It's just that good.
  20. Apr 8, 2012
    i love this game. it has so much to offer. the free roaming is awesome. it may start off a bit difficult but eventually all of that will balance out. its a great game. i know i'm in the minority, but i enjoy the fallout series even more than the elder scrolls series. i don't know what it is but i think that this game just offers something that clicked more with me than skyrim or oblivion.
  21. Jul 11, 2012
    I bought the GOTY edition,and must say that this is the only RPG I have gotten all of the DLC for and played through it all. I'm actually reconsidering buying the GOTY edition for my PS3 as well just to play it all over again. Absolutely great RPG by Bethesda.
  22. Nov 14, 2012
    One of, if not the best game for the current generation. While having not played anything like this before this was a completely fresh idea to take the fallout series into the First Person RPG. The main story of the game is not great but it is just a drop in the ocean compared to the size and scale of the rest of the game. I could easily spent hours upon hours just exploring and comingOne of, if not the best game for the current generation. While having not played anything like this before this was a completely fresh idea to take the fallout series into the First Person RPG. The main story of the game is not great but it is just a drop in the ocean compared to the size and scale of the rest of the game. I could easily spent hours upon hours just exploring and coming across different things across the wasteland and have managed to have over 200 hours played across different save files. Every gamer should have played this game and at its current price you would be silly not to at least give this a try Expand
  23. Mar 5, 2013
    Fallout 3 is a game that is all about the atmosphere. The atmosphere created by Bethesda Studios in Fallout is, in my opinion, one of the most well made atmospheres in a game. This atmosphere is created and sustained through the vintage 1950's Cold War culture and a futuristic post-apocalyptic wasteland that can keep the player entertained and exploring for hours on end. With a solid gameFallout 3 is a game that is all about the atmosphere. The atmosphere created by Bethesda Studios in Fallout is, in my opinion, one of the most well made atmospheres in a game. This atmosphere is created and sustained through the vintage 1950's Cold War culture and a futuristic post-apocalyptic wasteland that can keep the player entertained and exploring for hours on end. With a solid game play system, including the V.A.T.S. stop time combat, Fallout 3 sets out to guide the player on an incredible quest of epic proportions, and succeeds brilliantly at doing so. Expand
  24. Apr 10, 2013
    Although it is a rather fun game with the V.A.T.S. for the "shooter impaired" like me I found myself repeatedly thinking of Oblivion and the ilk. It may as well be titled "Apocalypse: The Elder Scrolls" for its huge similarity. Just like every other Bethesda game I've played you really need to keep at least 3 saves in case of some weird glitches (Combat save, level entry save, town save)Although it is a rather fun game with the V.A.T.S. for the "shooter impaired" like me I found myself repeatedly thinking of Oblivion and the ilk. It may as well be titled "Apocalypse: The Elder Scrolls" for its huge similarity. Just like every other Bethesda game I've played you really need to keep at least 3 saves in case of some weird glitches (Combat save, level entry save, town save) but if you can get past that it is a truly enjoyable experience. The cinematic cam for when you make an incredible shot like sniping a Raider from half mile away just feels so satisfying… until all the other raiders come after you and you can't do anything since your stuck in the 'kill cam' mode. (That combat save is rather important) The game is solid enough to support your play style, I even made a second character just to try a more frontal approach instead of the stealth I usually do. (Thief and Dishonored style gaming will always be in my first approach) The levels are well designed enough, although cover is sort of scarce for a shooter. Although there is plenty of things to pick up, not much of it is really worth attention. Tin Cans abound but you can't do anything with them for example. One thing that I really didn't like at first was the weapon and apparel durability. It makes sense, but it wasn't something in a game I really wanted. Later I found that it made me use different and new weapons during different parts of the plot. Like how Raiders use plenty of assault rifles and hunting rifles to repair yours with but you might want to use energy weapons against The Enclave since that's what they use. Healing items are rather plentiful and you'll find you don't really need them all once you get a good handle on how the game plays but get them all anyway. Your going to need them in the DLCs just to stay alive most of the time. Which pretty much sums the game up, its all about thinking about trying to survive the wasteland between the part scavenging, hostile inhabitants, and radiation. Planning your next step is always a forethought throughout the game. Expand
  25. Jun 23, 2013
    Fallout 3 is to this day the best game I have ever played. I went into it knowing surprisingly little about it and immediately fell in love with it. The way the combat is designed is the best possible way that shooting could be integrated into an RPG. The fact that the combat in the game is not like any conventional shooters does wonders for the game's actual experience, and the inclusionFallout 3 is to this day the best game I have ever played. I went into it knowing surprisingly little about it and immediately fell in love with it. The way the combat is designed is the best possible way that shooting could be integrated into an RPG. The fact that the combat in the game is not like any conventional shooters does wonders for the game's actual experience, and the inclusion of VATS takes the combat from plain shooter to something so much more unique and special (not to mention fun). The RPG elements of the game are also some of the best I've ever played. The interaction between characters is interesting and engaging, and the way that people react to your character based on the impressions they have made from you is extremely impressive, especially since they retain their behavior long after your first encounter with them. Though the character models are certainly something that could be improved upon, the voice acting is so stellar it more than makes up for it. The voice acting is certainly the best of its time for this game. There has also never been a game that has encouraged exploration more than Fallout 3 in my opinion. Other games like Oblivion never really got me interested in the world enough to want to wander aimlessly for hours in search of something new. There is so much to see in the game if you take the time to see it, and so many valuable items to find, like alien pistols or specially designed sniper rifles. There is also the constant and engaging prospect of finding a wayward scavenger out in the wastes and getting the thrill of stealing from him or just killing him for his goods (if you know how to have fun, that is), as well as getting attacked by any number of dangerous foes from an Enclave ambush to a wandering Deathclaw. And from the exploration that you have, you can find any number of marked and unmarked quests like finding a Stradivarius violin for an old woman, stumbling across an "oasis of green in a depressing sea of brown" and talking to a mutated tree-man, and even things so small as getting a proposition to help a shady ghoul make ultra-potent narcotics. Everything a person could imagine could be found in Fallout 3 if you know where to look. This brings a ridiculous amount of playability to the game; I am still finding new things on my very first playthrough that I maxed out years ago. I must have logged over 200 hours in Fallout 3 by now and I am still thrilled to play it. The core storyline in the game is more engaging and interesting than most other games as well. The emotion that the story brings is so great, and the choices that the player has to make (in all quests, not just story quests) weigh so heavily that it is sometimes hard to decide what to do. The story and all of the stories hidden in the game are at the very least enthralling. Though it may be a cliche, Fallout 3 is more than a game; it is an experience. If any game deserves a 10/10, it's this one. Expand
  26. Nov 29, 2013
    Simply, My favorite game of all time!! I got the GOTY edition and spent around 200 hours until I unlocked every achievement...

With its massive world full of quests, interesting places, great NPCs this game just makes you feel you are actually in the wasteland fighting for survival. I loved when you were just wandering and there were a lot of random events that kept you busy... And

I loved when you were just wandering and there were a lot of random events that kept you busy... And there's Dogmeat one of the best companions you can have in a video game...

Sure the game has a lot of glitches and I bet they are difficult to control with the mass world Bethesda created (just one advice, save often... very often), but the game manages to engage you with the details, funny level perks and game mechanics (V.A.T.S is one of the best inventions in gaming history...
  27. Mar 21, 2014
    Im not going to write a huge review here as I think most people will have already played this by now but on the off chance that someone somewhere is thinking about weather to buy this or not and is going through others reviews to make a decision then here is my take on Fallout 3...

The single greatest game ever to come out on the Xbox 360. I have 36 years old and have been gaming

The single greatest game ever to come out on the Xbox 360.

I have 36 years old and have been gaming since the 80s so while i may be old, I can say i have enough experience to know my games :) and this is in my top 5 of all time games.

Thats really all i can say! Go, buy and enjoy!
  28. Nov 8, 2011
    Played "Fallout 3" in my friend's house. It's pretty fun and enjoyable especially with the slow mo dissections, but it gets pretty boring after a while. The muddy textures also makes the game pretty hard to watch (you'll have to squint your eyes). BUT. It's basically an open world where you just run around and kill stuff which is pretty fun and exciting for those young indiana Jones dudesPlayed "Fallout 3" in my friend's house. It's pretty fun and enjoyable especially with the slow mo dissections, but it gets pretty boring after a while. The muddy textures also makes the game pretty hard to watch (you'll have to squint your eyes). BUT. It's basically an open world where you just run around and kill stuff which is pretty fun and exciting for those young indiana Jones dudes out there. The selection of dialogue (like Mass Effect) is also pretty amazing and intriguing; every decision you make COUNTS. Overall a good game that you'd spend a good time on. Expand
  29. Jan 16, 2013
    Fallout 3
    Fallout 3
    Fallout 3 has to be one of the best games out to this date for the Xbox but, there are other games that are good, but this one has to be one of the best. The game was made by Bethesda Game Studios it is the third game out that is a Fallout game and this one has to be the best of the three. There is a new one out that is called Fallout new Vegas this is a good game but not as long as the older one Fallout 3. In the story, you play as a baby to start with and the world and had a war and in the war, an atomic bomb was used. A war so big that most people live in Vault underground you live in this vault with your dad and you see his life in the Vault for a bit of his life. Then your dad has gone missing he has left the Vault and is not around. You wake up and you are trying to find your dad, you get told by a friend that your dad has left the vault and you need to find him you try to leave the Vault the leader of the vault will not let you so you end up fighting your way out of the vault you leave all your friends and start trying to find your dad as you leave the vault you see the world as a waste land form the war. At this point, you can change the story and there are many things you can do you change the story from this point. As you walk around the wasteland, you meet people and you fight people who will try to kill you and there are monsters that will try to kill you as well but the idea of the game is to live and not die. And some point in the game depending on how you did the story you will find your dad who is trying to make you drink the water from a lake you help your dad do this but again you don
  30. Jan 30, 2011
    A fun game, however one has to remember that it is a ROLE-PLAYING game. This is a VERY hard game to role-play. I'm still waiting on two perks to be released for it, one that reduces the chance of random crashes by 10%, and the other that makes the NPCs talk like they haven't had their brains replaced by bicycle pumps.
  31. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = This game has frozen on me a total of 36 times, but you know what?? Despite all of it's issues it still manages to be one of the best games ever made!! Excellent atmosphere, amazing design.
  32. Sep 9, 2010
    A wonderfully immersive game. If you're looking for an escape from reality for a good month or so pick this game up. Sometimes while playing I became sidetracked from where I intended to go and ended up exploring a random building for hours without realizing how much time went by. The introduction of the VATS allows the player to get much more use and variation from the many differentA wonderfully immersive game. If you're looking for an escape from reality for a good month or so pick this game up. Sometimes while playing I became sidetracked from where I intended to go and ended up exploring a random building for hours without realizing how much time went by. The introduction of the VATS allows the player to get much more use and variation from the many different weapons in the game, increasing the depth of the story and the fallout world. The character development will be different for those (like myself) who played the game after all the DLC came out. I was able to level up my character evenly although it is possible to level up first as a stealthy sniper or a brutal close range melee fighter (to name just two) before leveling other attributes. Much like life, everything in this game decays over time. You will always have to fix your equipment and sometimes your companions will die and not come back. My advice is to just sit back and let the game take you where it wants to go. Expand
  33. Nov 5, 2010
    This game is amazing. The world is huge and there is so much to do. I felt like the world was really alive and truly felt like I was in a post-apocalyptic DC. The graphics are great and the music is great. There are some very memorable characters found in Fallout world and overall the story is very good. And the gameplay is great! It is so much fun to explore the wasteland. Do notThis game is amazing. The world is huge and there is so much to do. I felt like the world was really alive and truly felt like I was in a post-apocalyptic DC. The graphics are great and the music is great. There are some very memorable characters found in Fallout world and overall the story is very good. And the gameplay is great! It is so much fun to explore the wasteland. Do not miss this game! Expand
  34. Apr 11, 2011
    A truly great game. Fallout 3 pushed the limits of the sandboxer in the right direction, letting you choose your story. For 2008, this game has excellent graphics, though the Gamebryo engine shows it's age in some places, such as at long draw distance (although, with the size of this game, it's perfectly ignorable). One massive problem I had with the game was the repetitive graphics. ThereA truly great game. Fallout 3 pushed the limits of the sandboxer in the right direction, letting you choose your story. For 2008, this game has excellent graphics, though the Gamebryo engine shows it's age in some places, such as at long draw distance (although, with the size of this game, it's perfectly ignorable). One massive problem I had with the game was the repetitive graphics. There are loads of individual areas, but when you see the same gray corridor 50 times, you get lost, and it gets samey. And the biggest fault this game has, is mapping. You are told to go from point A to point B, in a straight line. There is a wall. You go around. More walls. Your supposed to be in a Metro station, going through tunnels that are not mapped on the world map at this point. I've seen people give up on the game over this frustrating flaw, but a quick google or some persistence will get you there. But, Fallout's individuality is unique, and if you can get past the initial difficult start, it offers a huge, immersive gameplay experience. Oh, and for the current price, it's worth grabbing the GOTY edition - you get a lot of new features and a fair bit of extra, and fresh, gameplay hours. (And on a cheeky note, New Vegas is basically this game. In New Vegas. And for my money, this adventure is by far the better of the two) Expand
  35. Oct 23, 2011
    Fallout 3 is an amazing game, with so many choices to make, quests and extra DLC to play and a variety of weapons, companions and essentials to choose from. An easy 10/10.
  36. May 30, 2013
    Fallout 3 is a wonderful game and has a classy feel every time I play it. While exploring may be disappointing because everything is destroyed, I still had a lot of fun looking around the ruined world. A lot of skill trees to level up so it makes great replay value and I've put in about 120 hours into it. It's still has its fair share of glitches, but I can't be too harsh on it. DefinitelyFallout 3 is a wonderful game and has a classy feel every time I play it. While exploring may be disappointing because everything is destroyed, I still had a lot of fun looking around the ruined world. A lot of skill trees to level up so it makes great replay value and I've put in about 120 hours into it. It's still has its fair share of glitches, but I can't be too harsh on it. Definitely worth picking up. Expand
  37. Sep 22, 2010
    Highly entertaining and immersive. Though it is just like Oblivion in that you need to be able to get immersed into a game to truly enjoy all that Fallout has to offer. My only issues are the bugs, occasional lag, and the excessive amount of subways... oh and Megaton is the only cool city.
  38. Nov 21, 2010
    This game is good, but it falls short of great. It offers an interesting world that can be freely explored, and a story that is bolstered with strong dialogue and interesting character choices. The main problem is the excessive tedium required to find one's way through a lot of these maps. Any indoor/underground map instantly becomes a pain. Instead of the player having separateThis game is good, but it falls short of great. It offers an interesting world that can be freely explored, and a story that is bolstered with strong dialogue and interesting character choices. The main problem is the excessive tedium required to find one's way through a lot of these maps. Any indoor/underground map instantly becomes a pain. Instead of the player having separate two-dimensional maps for each level of a given three-dimensional structure, each level is mapped onto one single two-dimensional image. This makes navigating indoors using the map almost completely pointless, and adds hours and hours to the game that consist of nothing but wandering in exasperation. Overland/outdoor exploration, on the other hand, is an absolute blast. Expand
  39. Jan 19, 2011
    Its definately not a game for me. I like RPGs and I liked the Elder Scrolls Oblivion, but Fallout 3 is just Oblivion in a dull, boring world with far less to do and boring combat(VATS...Wow). The games storyline is nothing special and the secondary missions arent that great either but are better than the story itself, (one highlight though was destroying Megaton). Anyway if you like thisIts definately not a game for me. I like RPGs and I liked the Elder Scrolls Oblivion, but Fallout 3 is just Oblivion in a dull, boring world with far less to do and boring combat(VATS...Wow). The games storyline is nothing special and the secondary missions arent that great either but are better than the story itself, (one highlight though was destroying Megaton). Anyway if you like this apocolyptic **** then go ahead have fun, at least that will make one of us. Expand
  40. Oct 16, 2010
    This game was amazing. There is just so many things to do in Fallout 3. I have personally already played this game, and all the DLC:s through many times, and I still love them.Fallout 3 may actually be my favorite game of all time.If you own an Xbox 360,PS3 or a good PC,you must buy this game.
  41. Dec 14, 2010
    Ok I'll give Fallout the well-did story adn the pretty cool VATS system, but it's just a gimmick. The entireity of the combat seems based around VATS considering it's much harder to shoot a gun than in your average shooter (Or Mass effect, A stellar RPG). Sorry but you can't win a high rating on story alone. As for the graphics... it's mixed. Yes, some of the characters look cool and theOk I'll give Fallout the well-did story adn the pretty cool VATS system, but it's just a gimmick. The entireity of the combat seems based around VATS considering it's much harder to shoot a gun than in your average shooter (Or Mass effect, A stellar RPG). Sorry but you can't win a high rating on story alone. As for the graphics... it's mixed. Yes, some of the characters look cool and the giant view of the wasteland is sometimes nice but the human face looks horrible on this game, and the wasteland can look rather blocky sometimes. Also the game seems too slow to start up and you run out of ammo too quickly in this game. Finally, I gor tires of walking all over the same looking terrain over and over and over... I know it's the capital but does it have to be so big and boring? Aside form the odd settlement I walk across there is nothing in this place, not ven any treasure or cool items, just an annoying interference that comes from an enemy looking at me from a mile away. I want to do a quest and get to where the action is already! I know I have quick travel but finding new places is such a chore and sometimes quick travel doesn't take me close enough to my want-to-do quest. Sorry guys, but if you want a real fun RPG, get Mass Effect, then Mass Effect 2 so you can transfer your save file over. I love those games. Expand
  42. Dec 22, 2010
    I really, really wanted to like this game but it failed on virtually everything apart from a few praises I can throw at this gaming failure. First the praise : It's a huge game with lots of roaming and places to explore. The criticism: It makes it unplayable at such a slugish pace, over controls designed by a moron which leads to much frustration, battles that are cumbersome and tiresome.I really, really wanted to like this game but it failed on virtually everything apart from a few praises I can throw at this gaming failure. First the praise : It's a huge game with lots of roaming and places to explore. The criticism: It makes it unplayable at such a slugish pace, over controls designed by a moron which leads to much frustration, battles that are cumbersome and tiresome. The Bioshock series did it better - Fact. Expand
  43. Feb 15, 2011
    Fallout 3 is by far one of my favorite games ever, only surpassed by The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The main thing that I took away from the game is the amount of work that went into the art of it - the settings, weapons, costumes, interface, characters, etc. It has a great story and will keep you plenty busy. The only downfall is that it something has some bugs but it more thanFallout 3 is by far one of my favorite games ever, only surpassed by The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The main thing that I took away from the game is the amount of work that went into the art of it - the settings, weapons, costumes, interface, characters, etc. It has a great story and will keep you plenty busy. The only downfall is that it something has some bugs but it more than makes up for it. Expand
  44. Jul 8, 2011
    I was advised by a friend who adores this game to get it myself, I did so, however this game is simply a hyped up modern version of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is a game I love however Fallout 3 is simply missing something more and it never really hooked me
  45. Aug 20, 2011
    Make no mistake, fallout is as good as good as everyone says. Lots of quests, side quests, enormous game, massive duration, amazing scenery, good voice acting, , great systems that blend together for awesome fighting system and exploration. It's all there, no doubt about it. Then -you ask- why the 8/10 rating, why not 9/10 or 10/10? Well... I can't get myself to give it more to game thatMake no mistake, fallout is as good as good as everyone says. Lots of quests, side quests, enormous game, massive duration, amazing scenery, good voice acting, , great systems that blend together for awesome fighting system and exploration. It's all there, no doubt about it. Then -you ask- why the 8/10 rating, why not 9/10 or 10/10? Well... I can't get myself to give it more to game that is SO SO riddled with bugs as Fallout 3 is. Even after so many patch releases, it's still impossible to make a play trough, without finding yourself overwhelmed by them, one way or the other. If you consult game forums, in different sites, you'll find that if some bugs are generalized and most people will point them, it's also true that almost everyone who played it found exclusive bugs , almost like if there was a hidden bug generator in the game, for each playtrough. I have to say, the first time I played Fallout 3, I had to start over from the begining after 60 hours of gameplay (!) , after suddenly realising that I could not complete the main story quest, because of a bug who prevented the game from recognizing the completion of a simple task , even though I had done it already. I could not do it again, since I had already, and so, the only solution was to start over after 60 hours. That, my friends, can ruin the mood to finish a game. Expand
  46. Nov 9, 2011
    Being a huge Bethesda fan I expected a great deal more. VATS is more annoying than innovative, you can't hardly kill anything without it, slowing down the game. The story is uninteresting, the graphics are okay, but the facial mapping is not the best. And my biggest complaint is the absolutely boring environment, if you travel from one end of the map to the other, good luck telling theBeing a huge Bethesda fan I expected a great deal more. VATS is more annoying than innovative, you can't hardly kill anything without it, slowing down the game. The story is uninteresting, the graphics are okay, but the facial mapping is not the best. And my biggest complaint is the absolutely boring environment, if you travel from one end of the map to the other, good luck telling the difference. It looks looks the same. Even so, the game was entertaining enough to receive a medium score. Expand
  47. Dec 27, 2012
    This game confused me at first, and didn't seem like much. I went thru the early stage then the world was opened up to me, and i just didn't "get it". After coming back and trying it again with guidance from a wiki, I knew where to go, and what to do, and got in to a grove. Choices matter, there's ton of stuff to explore, but you don't need to find everything or do every mission if youThis game confused me at first, and didn't seem like much. I went thru the early stage then the world was opened up to me, and i just didn't "get it". After coming back and trying it again with guidance from a wiki, I knew where to go, and what to do, and got in to a grove. Choices matter, there's ton of stuff to explore, but you don't need to find everything or do every mission if you don't want to. The RPG elements such as growing skills and building/repairing weapons is great for tailoring your gameplay to fit your preference, and the stories and side-quests are actually fun and interesting! The shooting and fighting isn't as tight as say Borderlands, but it holds its own, and the auto-targeting system (again, optional) helps get you out of any annoying jams where you can't catch an enemy in your aim (we're not all Call of Duty, combat ready with the thumbsticks, after all). It's also actually handy to be able to switch between first and third person whenever you wish as well. Try the GOTY version. Expand
  48. Nov 17, 2011
    for what was a very creative and fun game series, fallout NV and 3 set an all time low. Sure, fallout 3 and NV pulled the series to 3d and open, and i admit it was kind of fun, but that fun was ruined by the major bugs, freezes, glitches and crashes i experienced on my copy. it happened on my PC,ps3 and 360 copies so its not my system. This is a very crap game that does not deserve afor what was a very creative and fun game series, fallout NV and 3 set an all time low. Sure, fallout 3 and NV pulled the series to 3d and open, and i admit it was kind of fun, but that fun was ruined by the major bugs, freezes, glitches and crashes i experienced on my copy. it happened on my PC,ps3 and 360 copies so its not my system. This is a very crap game that does not deserve a sequel. If 4 gets made, it must not be developed by obsidian and not use that crap gamebryo engine. I cant even tell you how bad the DLC makes it. Its unplayable after 3 hours gameplay. its like it purposly freezes to tick you off! Expand
  49. Dec 21, 2011
    This game is so overrated in my opinion. Yes, the world is very open, and yes, there is lots of things to do.

However, the world is very bleak, everything is either grey, brown or yellow (except for the interface, which is green). You might say that it fits the lore, and I say that it does not. Look at Chernobyl for example, despite the nuclear incident, grass has overgrown the entire area! Why is there no vegetation in the world, when plants can deal with radiation several times better than humans? The game has alot of content, but that is very unvaried content and the game is very ugly. They could have been alot more creative with the setting.
  50. Feb 17, 2012
    This game doesn't deserve even a 1. You may spend a ,long time walking from one side of the map to the other, only then to feel de ja vu, as you are sure you have just been here, and the reason for that is, you have. The whole map looks the same with little variation, Voice acting in this game is horrendous and is a bore, making it unbearable to go of trying to find side quests, which areThis game doesn't deserve even a 1. You may spend a ,long time walking from one side of the map to the other, only then to feel de ja vu, as you are sure you have just been here, and the reason for that is, you have. The whole map looks the same with little variation, Voice acting in this game is horrendous and is a bore, making it unbearable to go of trying to find side quests, which are boring in themselves, and the story is boring and also a lot of the people in this game say exactly the same thing making the experience even more dull and boring. fair enough I haven't completed the story and it may get better towards the end but, because of the games flaws I don't think i will ever be able to reach the end, One more thing, within the 10 hours that I have played this game it has crashed my xbox 4 times, giving me no choice than to turn off my xbox and turn it back on reverting to my last save which can be a long time ago. a waste of my time and my money. Expand
  51. May 27, 2012
    This game seems so overated. Yeah, I bet the game is deep, etc. But the combat is so clunky. It made the game unplayable for me. the graphics and setting isnt that great either...Its really bland and depressing.
  52. Jun 9, 2012
    I really wanted to like this game. I had heard from a bunch of people that it was fantastic. However, after trying it I was not only unimpressed, I was dissapointed. The game was not very good. I thought the gunplay was alright. However, using melee weapons was pretty awful. Playing in third person was a waste of time as well. Not only that but the voice acting was okay at best and theI really wanted to like this game. I had heard from a bunch of people that it was fantastic. However, after trying it I was not only unimpressed, I was dissapointed. The game was not very good. I thought the gunplay was alright. However, using melee weapons was pretty awful. Playing in third person was a waste of time as well. Not only that but the voice acting was okay at best and the story was boring. And then, after hours of playing I got sick of all the glitches and took my game back to gamestop. Oh well. Expand
  53. Aug 6, 2012
    2008 game of the year and did it diserve it hell yes the game is slower than fallout new vegas thats why the newer fnv newcomers dont like it i played the first fallouts and this one was a welcome revival to the series
  54. Aug 9, 2012
    I played this game for a little while, completed tutorials and i thought "Hey, this might have potential" so I go to the first city, the quest tracking is terrible and leads you to places you shouldn't be, the combat is really flimsy, and the quests are kind of ridiculous, first real quest after tutorial: Blow up a nuclear bomb or disarm it after talking to someone who should help you, butI played this game for a little while, completed tutorials and i thought "Hey, this might have potential" so I go to the first city, the quest tracking is terrible and leads you to places you shouldn't be, the combat is really flimsy, and the quests are kind of ridiculous, first real quest after tutorial: Blow up a nuclear bomb or disarm it after talking to someone who should help you, but ends up dying by some bad guy first. Terrible game, would not recommend it. Not to mention you actually need to gain skills up before you can perform such alternate ways of playing the game, inventory management is poor, and the mechanics / story is poor itself. Expand
  55. Mar 23, 2013
    This is easily one of the best RPGs you'll ever play in your life. It plays well on Xbox and it even has amazing DLC. The GOTY edition is a must buy for any gamer
  56. Apr 11, 2013
    The game is okay by itself, if it were a standalone or a spin-off it would be kind of good. Now that's the worst part, it tries to be a successor to a series it really just doesn't have the goods to be. A lot of the quests lack any sort of emotion or critical thinking that made the first game so good, your actions had true impact. But in this you don't even get a small puzzle or area thatThe game is okay by itself, if it were a standalone or a spin-off it would be kind of good. Now that's the worst part, it tries to be a successor to a series it really just doesn't have the goods to be. A lot of the quests lack any sort of emotion or critical thinking that made the first game so good, your actions had true impact. But in this you don't even get a small puzzle or area that requires thinking, it's either walk across a massive game world, shoot something, or talk to someone. And the style of the story definately doesn't fit the Fallout franchise, anybody who says this game lives up to the originals is dead wrong. The ending is FAR too much of a "Happy ending" for this game to be anything close to what is a bleak existance even after your character becomes a walking tank helping everybody in the originals. Now the gameplay and mechanics not relating to the originals are pretty good, it would be more of a "Save your money, buy it if you don't have anything to play" kind of game not considering the story. The story itself is also fine, but also lacks true depth and is quite bland. I would say you should save your money, the game is OKAY but it is far from as good as people say it to be. Expand
  57. Jun 9, 2013
    Fallout 3 is almost like a broken game. If you aren't doing a scavenger hunt for ammo, your weapons are probably getting broken. If your weapons aren't broken, you are probably getting destroyed by Super Mutants. Fallout 3 just isn't fun.

I have given this game four solid attempts and I can only play less and less of the game. I can say that when I first got the game I had an enjoyable 15 hour play through, but couldn't go any further than that. While this may seem like a lot of time with the game, when it says on the back "a compelling journey that leaves you wanting more even after 100 hours of play," it's safe to say I expected to play this game much more than the 15 hours I did.

Repetition is the name of this game. Fallout 3 features subways which is where you will spend a majority of the game, and they all feel the same. Feral ghouls are pretty much the only foes you will face in these underground subways and it becomes annoying really fast. What is even more annoying are the Super Mutants you will encounter as soon as you leave these subways. It's nearly impossible to survive their assault.

I do have to give credit to Fallout 3 for creating some interesting characters. Mister Burke, Three Dog, and the overseer are all important to the narrative and unique in their own ways. The scenery of Fallout 3 is also impressive considering what it is going for. It still can be pretty frustrating when you can't go in a certain direction because their is a bunch of rubble blocking your path.

Overall, Fallout 3 is an incredibly over-hyped game. You will have fun with it at the start so this game is only worth a rental at best.
  58. Aug 15, 2013
    Best game ever. Well perhaps shared top spot with Fallout New Vegas. Great character development, massive amount of great content, post apocalyptic setup and various ways to play. What else can you hope from a game?
  59. Aug 28, 2013
    Some days ago, my 7 years son asked me what was the better game I have ever played. I spent half an hour after that trying to explain what nuclear holocaust means.
  60. Jun 23, 2014
    I have been playing indies and old school games for a while and decided to go back to Fallout 3.....I finally realize how great this game is. Music, atmosphere, weapons, armour, NPCs....a blend of perfection.
  61. Oct 30, 2010
    One of the best Western RPGs to come around in a long time. Even if the combat could have felt more refined, there are just so many fun things to do in the unique world. The quests are all very diverse and allow for many different options on how to play them out. Also most of the DLC for this game is worth purchasing (except for Mothership Zeta.) People can debate whether or not this gameOne of the best Western RPGs to come around in a long time. Even if the combat could have felt more refined, there are just so many fun things to do in the unique world. The quests are all very diverse and allow for many different options on how to play them out. Also most of the DLC for this game is worth purchasing (except for Mothership Zeta.) People can debate whether or not this game is better than Oblivion but I think they are each equally good in their own ways. Expand
  62. Jan 5, 2012
    Taking me nearly 50 hours to complete the GOTY edition, Fallout 3 is one massive game. The DLC's seemed sort of random and went all over the place, but certainly added value to the game. The game froze up on me a couple of times, and with the exception of the VATS targeting system, the gameplay isn't the best of it's class - the combat system is vast in options but nowhere close to asTaking me nearly 50 hours to complete the GOTY edition, Fallout 3 is one massive game. The DLC's seemed sort of random and went all over the place, but certainly added value to the game. The game froze up on me a couple of times, and with the exception of the VATS targeting system, the gameplay isn't the best of it's class - the combat system is vast in options but nowhere close to as smooth as most modern shooters. The engine is very impressive however, and although no element of Fallout 3 appears to be perfected, it's what makes the game so ambitious and huge - allowing developer Bethesda to experiment with so many things that enables their games to stand out from the crowd. And the player being able to chose how to play the game is a fine example of such, allowing the player become further engaged in the story with a more unique and personal experience. However, looking through thousands of boxes and running errands gets tiresome after a while, and these are just two examples out of hundreds where the game has a tendency to become repetitive - especially considering its length. Furthermore, with the exception of its vastness, the story seemed to be lacking in comparison to the Mass Effect series - which also have far superior Character Models, Enemy AI, as well as a talking Main Character. All in all I enjoyed the game and appreciate the developers efforts, but Fallout 3 could use a little more polish, which is one of the primary reasons it doesn't appeal to the casual gamer. Expand
  63. Aug 27, 2010
    Enjoyable, with an interesting plot, functional controls, and a challenge (if you ignore the VATS, which I inadvertently did). Like most Bethesda Games, it is lacking in one respect though, they use the same terrain images over and over. Every building has the same skin, with a blood splatter or caged corpse here and there to try and cover it up. Just like every Aeylid ruin in OblivionEnjoyable, with an interesting plot, functional controls, and a challenge (if you ignore the VATS, which I inadvertently did). Like most Bethesda Games, it is lacking in one respect though, they use the same terrain images over and over. Every building has the same skin, with a blood splatter or caged corpse here and there to try and cover it up. Just like every Aeylid ruin in Oblivion looked the same, Fallout 3 just dropped the ball on environmental art. Expand
  64. Aug 29, 2010
    An excellent game in the development of weapons and skills
    But the only problem is walking! Hero does not walk never walk normally!
    The story is great grandfather and so many weapons and too many drugs and beam in some cases not be a good situation
    For the transmission of a new era needs for a long time.
    by / adil khojah saudi arabia jeddah city
  65. Apr 25, 2011
    Fallout 3 is a truly amazing video game. It is quite easy to get 60+ hours out of it on a single playthrough, if you explore every location and attempt as many side quests as you can; the main story line can become sidetracked by the sheer scale of the rest of the game. As a standalone package (minus DLC), once completed, you cannot continue to explore the wasteland; fortunately the GOTYFallout 3 is a truly amazing video game. It is quite easy to get 60+ hours out of it on a single playthrough, if you explore every location and attempt as many side quests as you can; the main story line can become sidetracked by the sheer scale of the rest of the game. As a standalone package (minus DLC), once completed, you cannot continue to explore the wasteland; fortunately the GOTY package includes the Broken Steel add-on, and with this there is a huge new story arc to complete and you can continue after the main story has reached it's conclusion. Every character you meet has something to say, many have quests to give and you can proceed to be a wasteland saviour, or a vault demon. The gameplay is FPS with some RPG elements such as perks and special abilities; my favourite of which is Bloody Mess, which speaks for itself really. Of the DLC, they are all fantastic and varied; Operation Anchorage takes you to the Arctic, The Pitt takes you to the fiery steelmills of Pittsburgh, and Point Lookout features a barren, abandoned fairground. I enjoyed all 5, and they make it well worth buying the Game of the Year Edition. Unlike my favourite games, however, I have not found much to go back and replay, as you need so much time to really feel like you're in the wastelands. There are also some technical issues I have heard of, but personally I can recall very few and by now many of the issues have been patched. Overall, an absolutely fantastic game, well-worth buying, 4/5. Expand
  66. Sep 29, 2010
    Epic classic game the likes of which has yet to be betterd.I have played through this game several times and thoroughly enjoyed every play-through.All in all I,d recommend this great game to anyone.
  67. Sep 3, 2012
    A fantastic post apocalyptic RPG with an extremely addictive personality. Fallout stands up to Oblivion and may even surpass it. It has some of the best open world exploration that gaming has to offer
  68. Sep 16, 2010
    First of all, does this game deserve a 10? No, but it deserves a 9.5 to me, and that rounds to 10. Why?

Gameplay - 10 Truly immerses you into the post apocalyptic environment. You feel like you can't do anything because you lack resources. Story is great, as are side quests. Playability - 9 Controls are nice, but not quite FPS material. They seem a bit jerky and you find yourself relying

Gameplay - 10
    Playability - 9
    Controls are nice, but not quite FPS material. They seem a bit jerky and you find yourself relying on VATS more than you should. Difficulty isn't bad on normal. Difficult enemies can be quite difficult if not handled correctly, easy enemies can be dangerous if you aren't paying attention.
    Replayability - 10
    I have put more time into this game than any other. Once as an evil character and as a good character. It is really fun, even after you have beaten it. Especially if you have some expansions.

If you find this game boring, you most likely need to let it grow on you. I have a brother who quit this game, but then came back in a year for no particular reason and "fell in love with it". My friend did the same thing. They didn't understand the whole, conserving resources concept and couldn't sustain enough resources to be able to leave Megaton. So they grew tired of lacking ammo and health and then quit. Now they both have completed the game (Took them twice as long as me, but that is what happens when you need to get over that learning curve and steer away from FPS's like CoD.). Play a real game like this instead of games for the simple minded like CoD or Halo and you might just never turn back.
  69. Jan 4, 2012
    Best fallout ever made so far.Fallout 3 has allot of great dlc,and the graphics and story are superb.if you love rpg's and fps's you'll feel right at home with fallout 3.
  70. Jul 12, 2011
    Ok. This game is AWSOME! Yes, the game has it flaws. Many of them too. Damn many. But that cant drag the game down. It is just too good. Yes, it is like it was made to be buggy. Yes, the thing that you cant chose how the ending shall be is also very bad. Ad that you cant support the bad guys in an winning way. But it cant drag it down. It is just too good. First time you play the game, youOk. This game is AWSOME! Yes, the game has it flaws. Many of them too. Damn many. But that cant drag the game down. It is just too good. Yes, it is like it was made to be buggy. Yes, the thing that you cant chose how the ending shall be is also very bad. Ad that you cant support the bad guys in an winning way. But it cant drag it down. It is just too good. First time you play the game, you will play it without thinking about how long you have played. And neither will you the 4 next times. The game has still very many flaws, but it is not bug enough to destroy for it. It is the best game i have played. Not my favorite game, but the best still. That is with the Broken Steel pack. Without it is kinda a downturn at the end. But still, it deserves a Expand
  71. Jun 24, 2011
    I honestly love this game. But I do have plenty of problems with it.
    Pros:
    Good Radio: GNR made me smile with the quality music from back in the day. Interesting Storyline: The game took me plenty of time to finish, and of course, the storyline was quality. Walking distance: You have to take a break from linear storylines, right? You gotta take a break and see the scenery once in
    I honestly love this game. But I do have plenty of problems with it.
    Pros:
    Good Radio: GNR made me smile with the quality music from back in the day.
    Walking distance: You have to take a break from linear storylines, right? You gotta take a break and see the scenery once in awhile.
    Riveting Storyline: The game kept me addicted throughout the entire game.
    DLC: The DLC increases the overall game length from a 20 hour main story, plus 5 hours of side quests, to about 50 hours main story, plus 30 hours of side quests.
    Now, thats all the pros I can think of at the moment, so lets get to the bad parts.

It is RIDDLED with bugs: Half the time, I'm walking around the wasteland, getting caught in boxes of abraxo cleaner.
    Horrible AI: The AI in this game, is laughable. It's significantly worse than the AI in HL2 before the big patch.
    Weapons: All the weaponry that you get, misses 9 out of 10 shots, while the enemies weapons hit 9 out of 10 shots.
    Graphics: This game was made in 2009. Why do the graphics look like they were made in 2002?
    Talking: Why is it, that whenever your talking with someone, they have a straight face, and their arms are crossed, even when crying?
    This is everything I can think about right now, but in the end, the good outweighs the bad, but if Bethesda gave it an extra year, they might have had a masterpiece on their hands.
  72. Nov 28, 2010
    First off the other people saying the game has a short plot it is true, but the purpose of the game are also the side quest which are extremely interesting. Your not just supposed to fly through the campaign in 6 hours, do side quest and make the game last for weeks, savoring the true greatness of fallout. There is no other game like it and it is defenitely one of my favorite games I haveFirst off the other people saying the game has a short plot it is true, but the purpose of the game are also the side quest which are extremely interesting. Your not just supposed to fly through the campaign in 6 hours, do side quest and make the game last for weeks, savoring the true greatness of fallout. There is no other game like it and it is defenitely one of my favorite games I have owned, which is over 150 games. Expand
  73. Jan 22, 2011
    I love this game. Love it. Just my favorite game of ALL time. Well besides Black Ops & Reach. Please do yourself a giant favor and go pick this game up. The mechanics are just wonderful, the game play is addictive, but the graphics need a little work, but I don't give damn. I love it!
  74. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is NOT an FPS. When going into you need to realize that Fallout has a long and great history and that its history is Turn Based play. This is where VATS comes in. They have created a great mix of the old Turn Based style play with the speed of FPS. The game has great visuals, a large and diverse environment that will always be giving you something to do. There is no shortage ofThis game is NOT an FPS. When going into you need to realize that Fallout has a long and great history and that its history is Turn Based play. This is where VATS comes in. They have created a great mix of the old Turn Based style play with the speed of FPS. The game has great visuals, a large and diverse environment that will always be giving you something to do. There is no shortage of side quests to keep you busy and you will probably beat the game without exploring 75% of what the game has to offer. I recommend at least getting Brotherhood of Steel DLC as it really opens the game up (literally) and adds a lot of great features. (Best to get the GOTY version) Expand
  75. Mar 9, 2011
    A surreal and immersive post-apocalyptic experience. Everything about this game is excellent, from the story to the interface to the controls to the gameplay to the graphics. It is fun, challenging, rewarding and interesting. The world map is large and not easily traversed, but the sense of accomplishment you get from venturing further and further into the Wasteland is very satisfying.A surreal and immersive post-apocalyptic experience. Everything about this game is excellent, from the story to the interface to the controls to the gameplay to the graphics. It is fun, challenging, rewarding and interesting. The world map is large and not easily traversed, but the sense of accomplishment you get from venturing further and further into the Wasteland is very satisfying. While being completely open-ended, there is enough direction to keep you on the right track, along with enough distraction to keep your mindlessly entertained when you don't feel like doing anything in particular. Fallout 3 is very similar to Oblivion (because it runs on the same engine), but with a number of extra elements that make certain aspects of it far more entertaining. Combat in Fallout is a lot of fun, although aiming can be difficult, so you will almost certainly become reliant on the V.A.T.S. turn-based aiming system. Inventory is a similar to Oblivion, in that you don't mind it until you are overburdened. Then, you hate it. Dialogue is somewhat force and stilted, but generally entertaining and varied. The level system is FAR superior to Oblivion's skill use-based system, with actual experience points gained from completing mission and killing enemies determining when you level. The real appeal of Fallout 3, though, is that you can just play and play in whatever fashion you want, for hours and hours, in a fascinating, detailed and somewhat frightening world. Expand
  76. Oct 10, 2011
    What ever your opinion on Fallout games before this, you need to rethink your ideas. If you thought oblivion was good (or bad) there is no denying this is an excellent game. If your not sure whether to but this game, let me put it to you this way WWW.AMAZON.COM, £15, thats it for a thirty hour game and five peices of DLC worth 800msp each. Although it can be frustrating atWhat ever your opinion on Fallout games before this, you need to rethink your ideas. If you thought oblivion was good (or bad) there is no denying this is an excellent game. If your not sure whether to but this game, let me put it to you this way WWW.AMAZON.COM, £15, thats it for a thirty hour game and five peices of DLC worth 800msp each. Although it can be frustrating at times and sometimes youll want to puch your console for megafailing at killing a deathclaw and i can tell you before you do something you may regret SAVE, i can tell you how much i've wanted to kill everyone in the game but to do that would be foolish,not if you had a save before though... either way this game is unquestionably good and for everyone ou there, all you have to do is install and no more bugs/glitches!!! FALOUT FTW!!! Expand
  77. Mar 23, 2011
    Huge immersive world that calls out to the player. It puts you in the post apocalyptic hell of Fallout in an unmatched game that is truly magnificent. You will never stop being surprised by the amount of things in this game that you will just happen to stumble upon.
  78. Feb 1, 2012
    the best game in fallout series so far. It will confine you with endless hours, and many interesting stuff that you can wander around and discover yourself. It is not so hard to understand why this game won the title GOTY 2008, although there are many other potential candidate. Just play and don't get yourself killed or absorb too much radiation in there :)
  79. Apr 24, 2011
    A really fun game and I can't really think of too much I don't like about it. I played New Vegas before I played this one and I really enjoy this too. The story is really awesome and I think the game is pretty creative and original. A must buy if you like RPGs
  80. Jan 31, 2013
    Following the global atomic war of 2077 the US has been all but destroyed. Within one of many underground bunkers built to keep citizens safe however the residents still enjoy a life free from the Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers and Mutants. The game opens with your birth within this vault and quickly moves through pivotal moments in your childhood introducing the controls and concepts ofFollowing the global atomic war of 2077 the US has been all but destroyed. Within one of many underground bunkers built to keep citizens safe however the residents still enjoy a life free from the Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers and Mutants. The game opens with your birth within this vault and quickly moves through pivotal moments in your childhood introducing the controls and concepts of the game along the way.
    During this introduction you discover that no one has left the vault in nearly 100 years yet just as you reach adulthood you awake one morning to discover that your father has left the comfort and security of your home. In trying to discover why you soon find that you yourself must leave and that is when Fallout 3 really begins.

As the vault door creeks open you get your first glimpse that the awe inspiring world that Bethesda have created. Abandoned towns, polluted rivers and mountain ranges stretch out before you and all are accessible at any point during the game. You soon realise that survival in this harsh new world will be tough.
    The main narrative of Fallout 3 is largely concerned with tracking down your father and learning his motivations for leaving the vault but as with all the best role playing games it is the side quests that really bring the game to life. These can be picked up from many of the characters that litter the wasteland and can often be completed in more than one way. Beware however that your actions will have consequences and can drastically change the game world you inhabit!

Combat itself is also largely successful. Gun and Melee attacks are performed in first person and while your ability to aim straight is important it is really your characters stats that decide how successful you are. Should you come up against a particularly difficult enemy you can thankfully rely on the VATS system. This allows you to pause the game and target specific body parts for a dramatic kill but needs time to recharge so must be used tactically. In a game this size there are of course going to be some minor bugs and flaws the most jarring of which is the inability to continue after completing the main quest. I was disappointed to not be able to complete the remaining side quests. It is very easy to overlook any slight problems however in a game as ambitious and good as Fallout 3.
  81. May 6, 2011
    Gem of a game, really spiced up the rpg arena. Storyline was incredible, one of the best ive seen. From start to finish i was completely engrossed in this game, it really is an oblivion open world game where you can freely explore and do almost whatever you want. Leveling up system and weapon and armour upgrade progression also done extremely well. The only downside for me was the vatsGem of a game, really spiced up the rpg arena. Storyline was incredible, one of the best ive seen. From start to finish i was completely engrossed in this game, it really is an oblivion open world game where you can freely explore and do almost whatever you want. Leveling up system and weapon and armour upgrade progression also done extremely well. The only downside for me was the vats system, if you didnt use this in almost every fight you either die or use up tons of ammunition which was scarce. Would have been better if you could have opted to use the vats system sparingly. Outwith the above flaw this game is well worth playing. Expand
  82. May 28, 2011
    this game is amazing
    the graphics are very considering the scale of the game and how big it is
    the the combat which is in an FPS style is very satisfying combined with the VATS (a cool way to stop the action and pick away at certain parts of the enemy like the head) the story is very engrossing and has some very memorable moments however the game can be very unforgiving , there can be some
    this game is amazing
    the graphics are very considering the scale of the game and how big it is
    the story is very engrossing and has some very memorable moments
    however the game can be very unforgiving , there can be some situations where you have a crap gun no bullets and like 10 health and have nowhere to go because there are enemies everywhere , so you die a lot in those circumstances but either way just play the game oh and get the GOTY edition because it has all the DLC and adds a lot to the game
  83. Jun 1, 2011
    Really great game. Full of things to do and lots of ways to do it, the post-apocalyptic setting goes extremely well the location. Lots of awesome weaponry and armour makes this game a real joy to play, if only the game wasn't so easy...
  84. Jun 30, 2011
    Fallout 3 is far one of the best games i have ever played. I have spent over 100 hours playing and I don't wish at all that I could have any of it back. One thing that makes it such a good game is that the decisions you make reflect what happens the rest of the game. There is so much stuff to do in this game that 100 hours is miniscule to the amount of time it would take to do everythingFallout 3 is far one of the best games i have ever played. I have spent over 100 hours playing and I don't wish at all that I could have any of it back. One thing that makes it such a good game is that the decisions you make reflect what happens the rest of the game. There is so much stuff to do in this game that 100 hours is miniscule to the amount of time it would take to do everything in the game. Perfect! Expand
  85. Jul 4, 2011
    In my opinion, this is an amazing game with a great story. The game is a little glitchy at times, but not glitchy enough to effect the game play. If you are looking for a game with a great story, and a large game world, then you should pick up this game.
  86. Jul 28, 2011
    If you liked Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; you will like Fallout 3 and its similarities to Oblivion!!! It is one of my favorite games of all time only beaten by the Mass Effect series and Knights of the Old Republic. Fallout 3 has realistic visuals, a dark open post-apocalyptic world, immersing story , and cool morality system!! The only problems is the bugs and glitches , but I recommendIf you liked Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; you will like Fallout 3 and its similarities to Oblivion!!! It is one of my favorite games of all time only beaten by the Mass Effect series and Knights of the Old Republic. Fallout 3 has realistic visuals, a dark open post-apocalyptic world, immersing story , and cool morality system!! The only problems is the bugs and glitches , but I recommend you to buy this awesome game!! Expand
  87. Jul 11, 2011
    The begining of this game was sooo slow and I almost stopped playing, but I continued knowing it had to get better, and it did. The moment the game completely captured me was the moment the character walks out of the vault. the landscape was amazing, the map huge, the gameplay endless. I rented the game at first then I bought the GOTY edition and never before have I gotten my moneysThe begining of this game was sooo slow and I almost stopped playing, but I continued knowing it had to get better, and it did. The moment the game completely captured me was the moment the character walks out of the vault. the landscape was amazing, the map huge, the gameplay endless. I rented the game at first then I bought the GOTY edition and never before have I gotten my moneys worth from a game. 160 hours and I am still playing. Expand
  88. Aug 1, 2011
    Unreal, this game is just spectacular!!!! Leaves you breathless and the story has no match. This is the one and only game that matches to Oblivion with the exception of Mass Effect games. This is unlike all, this is stunning. 11/10 greatest RPG for me I really enjoyed it!!!!!
  89. Aug 19, 2011
    This game is so massive and epic,even without the DLC's! But with'em your looking at a game of epic per-portions. Loved every second of this awesome game. One of the greatest open world games all time period.
  90. Aug 15, 2011
    Simply put, one of the best RPG's made so far. It's content-packed, ever-exciting, post-apocalyptic world is always fun to explore, and it's members are always fun to shoot. The DLC makes the game even better.
  91. Oct 4, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 8
    Fun Factor: 9

Score: 7.6/10 = B
  92. Jul 3, 2012
    This is one of my all time favorite games, the story, gameplay, and sound all stand out in this title. There is so much stuff to do that you will spend well over 100 hours finishing side quests and exploring. The combat is unique to where a blend of turn based action with shooter mechanics fleshes out a new combat style. The environments are beautiful, including all the DLC which adds toThis is one of my all time favorite games, the story, gameplay, and sound all stand out in this title. There is so much stuff to do that you will spend well over 100 hours finishing side quests and exploring. The combat is unique to where a blend of turn based action with shooter mechanics fleshes out a new combat style. The environments are beautiful, including all the DLC which adds to the already massive and immersive fallout world. The VATS finishing kill cams never get old no matter how long you play. There is just so much good content in this single game that even without the DLC it will satisfy you for hour on end. The DLC is just icing on the cake. Even though its aged you should buy this game. Expand
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a amazing and noone should pass it up. It's a great evolvement from Oblivion, which was also fantastic. Good questing and other such stuffs.
  94. Oct 19, 2011
    This is an awesome game with a good story and lots of action and it is one of my favorite games so bravo!! And the game is extra good because you finally can choose who you want to be.
  95. Nov 8, 2011
    Despite a glitch for every hour of gameplay, you'll forgive it for the compelling multi-arching story, the expansive world to explore, and the interesting characters. Fallout 3 will keep you wandering the wasteland for days, gathering every little artifact, talking to every NPC, and shooting every mutated thing for the ever-valuable XP so you can again level up and chase the next perk.
  96. May 17, 2013
    After Oblivion, I didn't think I could enjoy a game this much, but Fallout 3 completely blew me away. Quite possibly the best game I have ever played.
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    This is a really good game and is a must buy. I wish they patched some of the glitches in this game but you cant patch all the glitches in RPG's. I loved this and I would highly recommend buying this.
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    Out of all the games I have played, Fallout 3 is among the best. In terms of gameplay VATS never gets old and the wide variety of possible play styles mean that there are multiple ways to do the same thing; thus resulting in an astoundingly high level of replay-ability. The dreary and destroyed Capitol Wasteland coupled with some excellent sound design conjurer up a mood that perfectlyOut of all the games I have played, Fallout 3 is among the best. In terms of gameplay VATS never gets old and the wide variety of possible play styles mean that there are multiple ways to do the same thing; thus resulting in an astoundingly high level of replay-ability. The dreary and destroyed Capitol Wasteland coupled with some excellent sound design conjurer up a mood that perfectly meshes with the story and game as a whole. In conclusion with its numerous quests, locations, and interactions Fallout 3 is an experience that you can sink hundreds of hours into and still be begging for more. Expand
  99. Nov 12, 2011
    Without a doubt my favorite game of all time, the most intense, original, creative, enjoyable, lengthy, spontaneous gaming experience I have ever had. I must have spent over 300 hours on this game and look back on every second fondly.
  100. Nov 11, 2011
    Greatest Game of All Time. As a fan of the series since it first began in 1997, I couldn't have been happier with the return of the Fallout series in 2008. I have logged over 250 hours on this game in the three years since I have purchased, and it simply never gets old. The story, although not as original as the previous 2 games, was quite enthralling. The gameplay is fantastic (especiallyGreatest Game of All Time. As a fan of the series since it first began in 1997, I couldn't have been happier with the return of the Fallout series in 2008. I have logged over 250 hours on this game in the three years since I have purchased, and it simply never gets old. The story, although not as original as the previous 2 games, was quite enthralling. The gameplay is fantastic (especially VATS mode) and the graphics are stellar (for its time of course.) The game world is enormous, filled with dozens of quests and hundreds of locations to explore. Truly, it is easy to get sucked into Fallout 3 and log 100 hours in a single epic playthrough. 10/10 Expand

1. Fallout 3 is an experience in itself, and while it may not offer as much replay value as Oblivion, it’s so much more then an “Oblivion with guns”.
    From the hollow wind blowing down through subway tunnels, to the radioactive dust clouds swirling throughout the wasteland, up to the buzzards circling the encampment where the bodies of 30 slave traders lie; Fallout 3 is as much a game as it is a training sim for the coming apocalypse.
  3. In fact, Fallout 3 is leaner and meaner than Bethesda's previous efforts, less expansive but more intense, while still offering immense replay value and quite a few thrills along the way.