Fallout 3 Xbox 360

8.5

1. Aug 1, 2011
    Unreal, this game is just spectacular!!!! Leaves you breathless and the story has no match. This is the one and only game that matches to Oblivion with the exception of Mass Effect games. This is unlike all, this is stunning. 11/10 greatest RPG for me I really enjoyed it!!!!!
  2. Aug 19, 2011
    This game is so massive and epic,even without the DLC's! But with'em your looking at a game of epic per-portions. Loved every second of this awesome game. One of the greatest open world games all time period.
  3. Aug 15, 2011
    Simply put, one of the best RPG's made so far. It's content-packed, ever-exciting, post-apocalyptic world is always fun to explore, and it's members are always fun to shoot. The DLC makes the game even better.
  4. Oct 4, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 8
    Fun Factor: 9

Score: 7.6/10 = B
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a amazing and noone should pass it up. It's a great evolvement from Oblivion, which was also fantastic. Good questing and other such stuffs.
  6. Oct 19, 2011
    This is an awesome game with a good story and lots of action and it is one of my favorite games so bravo!! And the game is extra good because you finally can choose who you want to be.
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    Despite a glitch for every hour of gameplay, you'll forgive it for the compelling multi-arching story, the expansive world to explore, and the interesting characters. Fallout 3 will keep you wandering the wasteland for days, gathering every little artifact, talking to every NPC, and shooting every mutated thing for the ever-valuable XP so you can again level up and chase the next perk.
  8. May 17, 2013
    After Oblivion, I didn't think I could enjoy a game this much, but Fallout 3 completely blew me away. Quite possibly the best game I have ever played.
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    This is a really good game and is a must buy. I wish they patched some of the glitches in this game but you cant patch all the glitches in RPG's. I loved this and I would highly recommend buying this.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    Out of all the games I have played, Fallout 3 is among the best. In terms of gameplay VATS never gets old and the wide variety of possible play styles mean that there are multiple ways to do the same thing; thus resulting in an astoundingly high level of replay-ability. The dreary and destroyed Capitol Wasteland coupled with some excellent sound design conjurer up a mood that perfectlyOut of all the games I have played, Fallout 3 is among the best. In terms of gameplay VATS never gets old and the wide variety of possible play styles mean that there are multiple ways to do the same thing; thus resulting in an astoundingly high level of replay-ability. The dreary and destroyed Capitol Wasteland coupled with some excellent sound design conjurer up a mood that perfectly meshes with the story and game as a whole. In conclusion with its numerous quests, locations, and interactions Fallout 3 is an experience that you can sink hundreds of hours into and still be begging for more. Expand
  11. Nov 12, 2011
    Without a doubt my favorite game of all time, the most intense, original, creative, enjoyable, lengthy, spontaneous gaming experience I have ever had. I must have spent over 300 hours on this game and look back on every second fondly.
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Greatest Game of All Time. As a fan of the series since it first began in 1997, I couldn't have been happier with the return of the Fallout series in 2008. I have logged over 250 hours on this game in the three years since I have purchased, and it simply never gets old. The story, although not as original as the previous 2 games, was quite enthralling. The gameplay is fantastic (especiallyGreatest Game of All Time. As a fan of the series since it first began in 1997, I couldn't have been happier with the return of the Fallout series in 2008. I have logged over 250 hours on this game in the three years since I have purchased, and it simply never gets old. The story, although not as original as the previous 2 games, was quite enthralling. The gameplay is fantastic (especially VATS mode) and the graphics are stellar (for its time of course.) The game world is enormous, filled with dozens of quests and hundreds of locations to explore. Truly, it is easy to get sucked into Fallout 3 and log 100 hours in a single epic playthrough. 10/10 Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2011
    What Fallout 3 is, is a fully fleshed out world. It has a tone unprecedented in the video game medium of this console generation. Science fiction mixed with an mid 20th century vibe gives a strange yet refreshing feel to the game. Here is why I think Fallout 3 deserves a 10:

- Story You wake up one morning and to find your father has escaped from the underground vault you've been living

- Story
    You wake up one morning and to find your father has escaped from the underground vault you've been living in, the one people say no-one ever enters or leaves. This introduces you to the world of Fallout well, and your primary mission throughout the majority of the game is to find him which this slowly changes as you get caught up in the struggle for civilization and power. While I find the story to be stellar, what really came shining through to be story wise and the sub-plots within side missions and the moral dilemmas within those. Finding an old lady's ancestor's violin could only be fun in Fallout 3 because of the way it fits in with and teaches you about the fiction. Playing Fallout 3 feels like your carving your own story into the wasteland, as opposed to a pre-determined one. I finished the story after around 60 hours (And have gone on since to about 100 hours before I moved onto other games).

-Gameplay
    Fallout 3's gameplay, though quirky and not without glitches, is fun. Shooting mechanics are decent and get the job done. When playing Fallout 3, I slowly became dependent on the VATS system because of how much easier it is to hit targets using it. Weapon spread can feel way too high to FPS fans, especially to ones who've been playing Call of Duty at 60 frames per second which has laser like precision and speed. Weapons can take damage and need to be repaired, as with apparel, adding an interesting element to the game. Exploration is rewarding (literally, you get experience points!) and the vast number of places you'll find when wandering randomly is staggering. These places wont be empty, loot and even quests are to be found in the most barren looking of places. There is also a multitude of ways to deal with any given situation. By customizing your character, you can decide what kinds of ways to will deal with situations. Will you spend skill points on Science skills to access the computer and disable the turret in the next room? Or will you spend them on Weapon skills and go in the room guns blazing? This is a simple example to illustrate the freedom you have to deal with situations. You are confronted with moral choices throughout your stay in the wasteland, and at times you may feel the need to steal from friendlies to survive. Through customizing your character, not only does it give to choices but it also makes your character feel unique to the point you doubt anyone else in the world has a character exactly like yours, which is most likely the case. You are free to save pretty much at all times, and this may seem like an asset, but knowing the if you screw up and make a bad decision you can return to a save not to far back does make the experience a little less immersive. It does mean you can experiment with social bounds and immoral decisions in the game though, which is fun.

-Graphics
    Understandably, being a game of this scale, this isn't the fastest running game nor the greatest looking one. The graphics aren't bad. At times, though far and few between, I would even go as far to say they're good. Being post apocalyptic, there's not much color on the palette and the game can feel a little dreary at times, however this adds to feel of Fallout and further establishes its tone. The skyboxes look incredible. Though it's something few pay attention to, I'm sure every one will look up at night and feel as though it's dark in the real world. Stiff animation does make the game feel sluggish however. But its unmatched graphical style is enough to pull it through on the graphics end of things.

In conclusion, Fallout 3 is just a game that you have to play to comprehend how good it is. Every element of the game works in unison to produce something with an underlying tone and incredible immersion. People may be skeptical of buying a game 3 years of age, but be assured, this is a masterpiece and you don't want to miss it.
  14. Nov 17, 2011
    One of the best RPG's out there. A must buy for all fans of the genre. This game is perfect for fulfilling your sadistic and violent urges as you can shoot off limbs and make peoples heads explode. You can even nuke a town in one mission! The missions are varied and interesting. There are many ways to complete each mission whether you want to be good and help people or cause suffering. AnOne of the best RPG's out there. A must buy for all fans of the genre. This game is perfect for fulfilling your sadistic and violent urges as you can shoot off limbs and make peoples heads explode. You can even nuke a town in one mission! The missions are varied and interesting. There are many ways to complete each mission whether you want to be good and help people or cause suffering. An example would be a man who has become stuck inside a tree, he wishes for you to end his life. You can shoot his heart (good) or set fire to him and make his death slow(evil). Your actions in the game will influence the massive world around you, some people will become hostile towards you for some deeds but commend you for others.The Game of the Year edition is fantastic as it adds new quests, one of which is tedious and annoying, and there is no escape once you start. so not a perfect game, but very close. The ability to customise what you look like and what you wear are also a nice aspect of the game. Expand
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    Now, to start off, this is my first review i've ever done. Honestly to, I don't really intend to do more reviews, but this game...it needs to be said how great it is. Also as another note, this game isn't for everyone. Though, I believe, if you give it a try and really go deep in its immersive story, incredibly characters, addicting gameplay, and amazing quests, anyone can enjoy this greatNow, to start off, this is my first review i've ever done. Honestly to, I don't really intend to do more reviews, but this game...it needs to be said how great it is. Also as another note, this game isn't for everyone. Though, I believe, if you give it a try and really go deep in its immersive story, incredibly characters, addicting gameplay, and amazing quests, anyone can enjoy this great game. This review won't contain any spoilers or even any real plot elements, just my thoughts on the game itself and how I came to get it. About a year ago, just when summer started, I remember that I was on youtube looking at random game footage from several different games, when I saw the E3 2008 cinematic trailer for this game. As I remember, I never went and looked up any game footage, but that trailer really did intrigue me. As so-called fate would have it, my sister asked me if I would take her to GameStop to pick up Scribblenauts for her DS, while there I noticed in a small bargain bin, there was Fallout 3, in there for only $15. I wasn't sure if I really did want it, since I only saw the trailer, but for the first time in my life I took a blind chance on a video game and bought it. I came home, put it in my Xbox and...wasn't impressed. I was lost in the beginning, didn't know how to leave "the vault" and was, honestly, annoyed. A few days later I would come back and finally finish it, which wasn't hard at all really, then the doors of the vault opened, and I was blown away. I remember just walking around for about 2 hours, not knowing what to do or where to go, all I did was just explore, and was so happy I could do this in a game. Eventually I stumbled onto a town called "Megaton" (which I obviously now realize I was supposed to go there anyway) and met the sheriff there, who I tried to me nice to, since now that I know what this game is set in I was afraid he'd kill me if I said the wrong thing! My first time seeing a ghoul, genuinely scared me, but with a character like Gob I felt so sorry for him, and thats one thing you'll notice that this game does to you, it gives you a real emotional connection with the characters in this game. Anyway though, that was my story of how I found Fallout 3 and my first time playing it. But thats not a review, is it? This game, took more then 300 hours of summer time from me, and honestly, i'd do it again if I was given the choice to go back in time. By the time I beat the game the first time through, I felt bad that I had only paid $15 for this game, it has something for truly anyone that likes to play video games. This is honestly one of my all time favorite games, for this reason in particular: When I had my 300 hour fill of fallout, I had beaten the game through twice, with broken steel added to both files, and I was done then. I didn't return to the game, until recently, I missed being able to explore the wasteland, finding new things and seeing new sites, even making a few companions to travel with (my favorite feature!). So I started playing as a villain and it was like I was re discovering everything from my playthroughs a year ago, and none of the fun has been diminished. Thats why this game should have a spot in the best games of all time, even after so much time has gone by, and playing through the game multiple times, you can still come back and find hours of enjoyment from this masterpiece. If you, well like video games, then at least try and rent this game, play from the true beginning, not from someone else's half way save file. I would also highly recommend getting broken steel, since you can then continue after you have finished the game, or the game of the year edition, since it supposedly has the DLC already installed. Nonetheless, this is a masterpiece, I fell in love with this game, and if you give it a chance, you can to. This truly deserves a 10/10, hopefully this helped someone out there decide on this game, if not, it was nice to tell my small story. Expand
  16. Nov 25, 2011
    This is one of my favourite games of all time, the sheer amount to do and discover is ridiculous, and everything you do feels so rewarding. The DLC after release was also very good, yet again Bethesda delivered a cracking experience which I can say I have easily spent over 100 hours playing
  17. Nov 22, 2011
    My favorite game on the Xbox 360. Huge game world to explore, lots of quests to do, flawless voice-acting and great setting. Even though it has its issues, like the third-person camera and the not perfect combat, it's still an awesome game, that will consume a lot of your time.
  18. Dec 13, 2011
    This game was an amazing game, even with all the bugs and glitches the game still delivers, in my opinion one the best Role Playing Games ever, there real'y isn't anything like it, the game is perfect.
  19. Feb 14, 2012
    What a ride, an amazing story with tons of "what am i going to do here.." moments, you can really play the game the way YOU want to but every descesion comes with a aftershock
  20. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would give this a 10, but I thought the ending was really dumb. I'll rant first about that then heap on praise. For example why couldn't Fawkes do it again? Or the robot? Or the girl who hasn't done anything ever? And why does the game end if I don't die? Broken steel really saved it and made it a better (if less impactful), but also more sensible ending. The game itself is really fun, open, hilarious, engaging, and amazing. Walking around DC is really cool, seeing actual buildings and locations and how they have changed. The main plot is also engaging and the side missions are often hilarious and really fun. There are some issues such as framerate and freezing, but not enough to effect the score. Expand
  21. Apr 1, 2012
    A good rpg with the classic Bethesda touch. While for me not as engrossing as a TES, its engrossing nonetheless, giving you miles upon open miles of open world exploration in a dangerous post-nuclear fallout wasteland. Looting and exploration are phenomenal...story, customization and combat is good. Particularly V.A.T.S. turn-based combat. Enemies can be creepy, and while there are someA good rpg with the classic Bethesda touch. While for me not as engrossing as a TES, its engrossing nonetheless, giving you miles upon open miles of open world exploration in a dangerous post-nuclear fallout wasteland. Looting and exploration are phenomenal...story, customization and combat is good. Particularly V.A.T.S. turn-based combat. Enemies can be creepy, and while there are some things that Fallout 4 can address to make it even better, Fallout 3 is a great game. Can't wait to get my hands on FO: NV! Expand
  22. May 20, 2012
    Fallout 3 is a well made game witch was loved by so many people and still is today. I know the history of Fallout series and it has had up and downs with it. Bethesda has brought Fallout back from the dead and winning Game of The Year 2008. Fallout 3 has great combat, great story line and I don't know why people would give a 6 or any other low score. It's a must buy. Fallout 3 9.9/10
  23. Jan 24, 2015
    It's a huge openworld RPG with an amazingly crafted atmosphere and setting with a good storyline along with it. It took me about 6 hours before I really got into it and started enjoying it though, it's not just a game you pick up.
    The best things about this game for me were the characters and all the ways you could interact with them, the fantastic post-apocalyptic setting with 50s/60s (Bioshock-esque) themes and the huge world with so much to explore.
    The combat mechanics were satisfying and so was equipping yourself with cool new gear. The story kept me intrigued and certainly had it's moments (especially if you influenced them), but the ending wasn't too grand in my mind.
    Technically it's a good looking game but it does suffer from quite a few issues. Slight screentearing and random glitches do plague this game, but it's no game-braker. The original score didn't impress me either though the old school music made up for it in a way. One thing that did annoy me throughout the game is the LARGE focus on looting/grinding. It felt like I spent half my time 'playing' this game sorting my inventory and buying/selling stuff. Getting a companion in the game helps a lot carrying stuff so get one ASAP.
    Also I felt like there was just too much content in the game. If you're a huge openworld RPG fan and like to drop hundreds of hours in a game, you can with Fallout 3. But for someone that just wants to play an awesome game and then move on to the next they could've streamlined Fallout 3 a lot in my mind.
    Conclusion: If you like these kind of games and have some time to spare, certainly pick it up. To compare: it's better than Bioshock but not as good as Half-Life 2 in my opinion. 8.4/10
  24. Jul 30, 2013
    This is a game that will stand the test of time.

Graphics 8.5/10 Story 9/10 Gameplay 9/10 Sound 8.5/10 Fun 10/10 Replay Value 10/10 If you want a game that will immerse you for hour's, then this is the game you want. The game will amaze you with an impressive open world, a great story, and interesting characters, I highly recommend this game to fans of Open World/RPG's.
    This is a game that will stand the test of time.

Graphics 8.5/10
    Story 9/10
    Gameplay 9/10
    Sound 8.5/10
    Fun 10/10
    Replay Value 10/10

If you want a game that will immerse you for hour's, then this is the game you want. The game will amaze you with an impressive open world, a great story, and interesting characters, I highly recommend this game to fans of Open World/RPG's. This is one of my favorite games of all time, the game is everything but linear as you can choose to follow the main story or go your separate way. the game does have some glitches but nothing game breaking. The enviroment has an amazing feel and the Capital Wasteland is one of the greatest places in Video game history, it has over a hundred quest's and most of them are very satisfying and don't just feel like a bunch of sidequests with no meaning. The game does a fantastic job with exploration and the replay value in this game is very high. Overall its a must buy game.
  25. Aug 5, 2013
    You have to get this game. It combines shooting, story, character interactions, and speaks to about every genre of gamer It's my favorite game of all time.
  26. Jun 12, 2012
    This game is THE best game I'VE ever played. I love this game so much, I've spent alone 100 hours on one save file, this excludes the four other save files I have for this game. This game was my first RPG game that I had ever played, and still my favorite. At first when I played the game, I escaped the Vault and didn't know where to go after it. So I quit playing the game and eventuallyThis game is THE best game I'VE ever played. I love this game so much, I've spent alone 100 hours on one save file, this excludes the four other save files I have for this game. This game was my first RPG game that I had ever played, and still my favorite. At first when I played the game, I escaped the Vault and didn't know where to go after it. So I quit playing the game and eventually ended up selling it. After a chat with my friend about the game, he changed my mind and I thought I would give it another try, and boy was I glad he changed my mind. I started off a new file just so I could remember everything that happened. The reason I quit the first time was because I didn't know where to go or what to do. (Note: This was my first RPG so give me a break) After I left the Vault on my new file, I found Megaton right away, and after that I was hooked. The story, the characters, the big opened wasteland, the weapons. I beat the main story in about 4 hours. I knew I had to get the GOTY edition because I wanted to enjoy this game more. I got it and man I didn't think it was possible to be blown away even more than I already was. I don't want to keep babbling on about how awesome this game is because than you probably won't want to read this, but this game is a MUST buy, because you will love it! Expand
  27. Oct 27, 2012
    Fans of Mad Max and science fiction should love this game. I had never played a RPG before and I loved it. I will warn people who have never played a RPG before that it is a long slog and you will spend a long time searching through boxes in the desolate wasteland, although you should love the action / first person rpg system.
  28. Jun 30, 2012
    What is there not to love about Fallout 3, there is a real sense of achievement playing this game which rewards you when u level up and get perks which means you can make the player the way you want whether you want him to talk his way out of most things or do high damage in melee to explosion expert its up to you. The scenery in the game is amazing a pure work of art and the design of theWhat is there not to love about Fallout 3, there is a real sense of achievement playing this game which rewards you when u level up and get perks which means you can make the player the way you want whether you want him to talk his way out of most things or do high damage in melee to explosion expert its up to you. The scenery in the game is amazing a pure work of art and the design of the wastelands monsters are original and well designed. the feel of the 1950s retro America just adds a nice touch to the feel of the game and for me made it more enjoyable to play.The big thing i love about this game is ur karma, do good deeds you get good karma and people treat you better and sometimes give you ammo where s if u go around killing people you get bad karma which will make people treat u differently and sometimes attack you. The story line is pretty good tho i wish it was longer and enjoy the way the game literally begins when you are being born. over all this is a fantastic game which u will love right to the end and if you haven't already bought it i would advise that u did Expand
  29. Oct 9, 2012
    It's a fact that RPG's are one of the most influential genres of all times. RPG's have given us a new way to immerse our selves in a world of interesting characters and epic stories. Although I am in the minority I think that RPG's of previous generations were far superior than now a days. I am not a fan of these modern RPG's like Mass Effect and Skyrim (before you flip out I admit theyIt's a fact that RPG's are one of the most influential genres of all times. RPG's have given us a new way to immerse our selves in a world of interesting characters and epic stories. Although I am in the minority I think that RPG's of previous generations were far superior than now a days. I am not a fan of these modern RPG's like Mass Effect and Skyrim (before you flip out I admit they have some fun in them too). It was a big surprise to play 'Fallout 3'. I couldn't believe that this game would turn out the best yes the BEST RPG of this generation. Like other Bethesda games the lore in this game is amazing. Actually that is the main plus for me. Was the gameplay fun yes, the story yes but it was the artwork, secrets, ester eggs and the environment that hooked me to the game. The reason I prefer Fallout 3 than the modern RPG is the difficulty. Although people don't admit it modern day 'masterpieces' like Mass Effect and Skyrim are way too easy and need basic skill to beat (not all modern RPG are like this ex. Dark Souls). But Fallout 3 has survival horror in the mix which makes it more challenging, rewarding and in my opinion makes an overall better game. Some flaws of the game are the minor bugs,and the somewhat dated visuals. When it comes to gameplay this is similar to an FPS making it more surprising that I like it (I hate FPS mainly tks to COD). There are many guns and you always have the awesome V.A.T.S in your command. This awesome feature slow down time and lets you aim to specific body parts..The Characters in this game are all thought out and all are a bunch of fun to talk to. Another plus in this game is the side quests. Unlike Skyrim were you have hundreds of side missions here you have less but they are more thought out and in my opinion miles better than the retarded pointless miscellaneous tasks like Kill a troll quests in Skyrim. The Biggest problem in this game is for people without the GOTY edition or specifically broken Steel DLC. This is because some bonehead thought that you cant end the game and continue playing. You need to load a previous save data. This is luckily fixes in broken steel. Side note this idea of not allowing you to continue is so stupid this problem is also found in New Vegas and Rage. If you are buying this game and you should make sure to pick up the GOTY edition which has awesome DLC like two of my favorite DLC on the 360; Point Lookout and The Pitt. Not much is left to say other than BUY THIS GAME. All gamers should buy this game especially the Survival Horror and RPG fans!!! Expand
  30. Jul 19, 2012
    Excellent choice of character customisation in Fallout 3, not to mention the a bright green warhawk haircut! Many other awesome features are included; my favourite being the sense of awe that's experienced whenever the game is played. Also, with the Bloody Mess perk; gore has never been so good.

1. Fallout 3 is an experience in itself, and while it may not offer as much replay value as Oblivion, it’s so much more then an “Oblivion with guns”.
    From the hollow wind blowing down through subway tunnels, to the radioactive dust clouds swirling throughout the wasteland, up to the buzzards circling the encampment where the bodies of 30 slave traders lie; Fallout 3 is as much a game as it is a training sim for the coming apocalypse.
  3. In fact, Fallout 3 is leaner and meaner than Bethesda's previous efforts, less expansive but more intense, while still offering immense replay value and quite a few thrills along the way.