Fantastic Pets Xbox 360

7.5

1. Apr 12, 2011
    Hello!
    Hello!
    My 3 year old has played through the first 40 minutes of Fantastic Pets. This alone should shed some light on this Kinect title. In addition to being monumentally forgiving I find the software to recognize a smaller living space as well as a mildly challenging platform for adults and kids alike. The picture in picture (PIP) feature is really great for young ones who enjoy seeing themselves on camera. Detection is very good and the "campaign" is versatile. It's a little too early to tell how this will play out, however there is not much info about this title. I am an avid gamer with 140 xbox360 titles in my portfolio and so far this has provided my child with the entertainment level that rivals Kinect Sports and the user friendliness that comes with it. We have Kinectimals, which looks better, but is less forgiving on gestures and living space. I am sure most folks don't live in a bowling alley so living space is very important. I will include additional note as we go. Happy gaming!

1. Dec 12, 2011
    There's just not quite enough variety to hold my (or my son's) interest, and the occasional collision/gesture detection snafu doesn't help matters either.
  2. CD-Action
    Aug 2, 2011
    Fantastic Pets is similar to Kinectimals but allows you to create your own pets by choosing body parts (legs, wings, tails etc.). In addition you can see them running around your room, but these Augmented Reality elements are rather weak as the real world appears very dark on screen. Still I can see a big group of 3-, 5- or 7-year-olds that will enjoy this game. [August 2011, p.73]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK