Far Cry 3 Xbox 360

8.6

1. Apr 8, 2013
    Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? It's playing the same game over and over again thinking "This time, it's gonna be less fun than the last time." That is crazy. This one time, this guy told me he liked the game, and I thought he was bullsh*tting me, so boom, I shot him. Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
  2. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I start this out, I have to say: Vaas is a mother******* badass! He is the most menacing and psychopathic villain I've ever come across, he's deranged and creepy, yet still unpredictable because of his calm attitude. But then.... BAM! He backlashes while Jason Brody is soiling himself. He is so good and so developed that you'll wish he was in more of the game. It was a total disappointment when I had to kill him half-way through the game and we encounter the other villain: Hoyt, who I totally forgot about and is not as memorable as Vaas. There are also genuine moments in this game where I was like "OMG! I did not expect that to happen!" It's also interesting with all the subtle details of the story: The character's bickering over how they're going to get off the island and then Jason's build-up as a character when he gradually starts to like killing people. He even begins to enjoy this so much that instead of leaving with the others, he chooses to stay on the island just to kill Hoyt. A testament to how motivated he has become. Despite all this I didn't know what to make of the ending option where you kill your friends and have sex with Citra. What's the point of that? You already had sex with her earlier in the game anyway. I'd rather he escaped off the island with his friends. Both options leave hardly anything of an impact on me.

The gameplay is diversified, allowing you to select your own options of whether you want to go in stealthily or guns-blazing. This adds variety to the game and allows you to play how you want to play. Vehicles have this free-flowing feel to them, while also reacting to uneven terrain which gives them a realistic feel. The whole island is vibrant and enriched with detail, it is interesting to explore, especially with the gliders and air-wings at your disposal. Wildlife further solidifies it as a living, breathing island and they're not too many of them so they never become an annoyance. Skinning animals to sell in shops in exchange for resources like superior guns and equipment is well worth doing, especially when going on a rampage. You earn experience points by doing side-missions, getting collectables, outposts, main missions etc. These help upgrade your skills and there are some pretty unique things to unlock here. The side missions are fun aswell, some keeping with the theme of massacring everybody that's near you, traversing the island in an efficient time by vehicle, stealth takedowns, helping random strangers out. The last is clearly the worst as I had no reason to care about the inexplicable dilemmas they got themselves into, whereas the rest focused on what the game was about and I loved it for that. The mini-games are a fun diversion but they could of implemented them better. Poker was just mediocre. See "Red Dead Redemption" to know how to make a real poker mini-game.

The co-op is nothing special as it just feels like a severely watered-down version of singleplayer. Needless to say, I didn't care for it much. The multiplayer is nothing note-worthy either, it's essentially a COD clone but atleast it's functional which is more than I can say for a lot of other games. The Collectables have detail surrounding them, from what the guy who wrote it was doing in a past life or what it is about. It adds more depth to them but they're still not all that interesting and a chore to collect, I may add. Last final gripe I have is with the over-usage of quick-time events for boss battles. It's extremely lazy, they already a cool concept with the all drugs thing but it wasn't really expanded that much and they missed a massive opportunity for some incredibly creative battles. Overall, Far Cry 3 despite its flaws is an unforgettable experience and should not be overlooked.
  3. Mar 26, 2013
    Great first person shooter mixed with open world environment. It does get a little repetitive, but there are many different tasks, side missions, etc to follow along with the main story line to keep you entertained. The story line alone was enough for to keep me going.
  4. Mar 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is basically what you get when you mix Borderlands, Crysis, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed. And it's hands-down one of the best games of 2012. However, I cannot give it a 10 as it doesn't have the polish required to merit that score... for example, the frame-rate is lousy and some of the speech is played at a low bitrate. But in terms of sheer fun andFar Cry 3 is basically what you get when you mix Borderlands, Crysis, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed. And it's hands-down one of the best games of 2012. However, I cannot give it a 10 as it doesn't have the polish required to merit that score... for example, the frame-rate is lousy and some of the speech is played at a low bitrate. But in terms of sheer fun and addictiveness, few games can match Far Cry 3. Almost every mechanic is solid, from the shooting to the upgrade system to the crafting to the driving to the platforming... the characters are well-written and well-acted (particuarly Vaas), and the island is fully-realised and a joy to explore. I applaud Ubisoft Montreal for taking a game with greater potential than execution (Far Cry 2) and turning it into one of the best games of this generation. FPS developers should take note: THIS is how you keep the genre fresh. Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2013
    This game was fantastic. As soon as i started playing I didn't want to stop until I got 100%. It took me about 30 hours to complete everything. I would have given this a 10 if it wasn't for the tedious CO-OP, and the lack of a reason to keep playing once you finish the story and the liberation of outposts.
  6. Mar 23, 2013
    Pure fun. A big open wouold full of great graphics and things to do. Far Cry 2 was terrible and I promised myself not to buy this, but I did. This is soooo much more fun. Everything feels accessible. They don't make the side missions too annoying and as long as you plan properly you will always be rewarded (something EVERY game sould do). Pure fun.
  7. Mar 19, 2013
    I'm not the kind of gamer who can play at 10-15 hour game and keep interested. Far Cry 3 proved me wrong. The story was interesting and I really felt like the main character. I usually stick to main story quests to finish the game quick but I quickly found myself exploring the island, hunting, and doing optional quests. Overall, a beautiful game and engaging story. Must buy!
  8. Mar 15, 2013
    An amazing game with a great story and awesome graphics! This was the first Far Cry game I have played and I wasn't sure how fun it would be when I got it. After a few hours I couldn't stop playing. It was so fun! I especially love the large map that you can explore and have hours of fun on. And if you don't feel like playing the main story, you can play side quests and take over outposts.An amazing game with a great story and awesome graphics! This was the first Far Cry game I have played and I wasn't sure how fun it would be when I got it. After a few hours I couldn't stop playing. It was so fun! I especially love the large map that you can explore and have hours of fun on. And if you don't feel like playing the main story, you can play side quests and take over outposts. This game can provide hours of fun. I would definitely recommend this game to a friend. Expand
  9. Mar 13, 2013
    Overall, its a great FPS, but it does have some flaws. First, the characters is lacking in any personality whatsoever, with the exception of Vaas. Second the driving is very hit or miss, but usually I think its very pointless, like the horses in Skyrim. I mean you can fast travel, and I prefer walking. Its more of an experience. And finally, the thing that really bothers me is whether itOverall, its a great FPS, but it does have some flaws. First, the characters is lacking in any personality whatsoever, with the exception of Vaas. Second the driving is very hit or miss, but usually I think its very pointless, like the horses in Skyrim. I mean you can fast travel, and I prefer walking. Its more of an experience. And finally, the thing that really bothers me is whether it was being a serious or humorous game, or both; and if they're trying to do both they don't pull it off well, like in Majora's Mask and Portal 2. With that said though, it's still a great game. The upgrade system is simple to use, there's a lot to do, and its very addicting. Its not the best game of 2012, but it's still a worthy purchase. Expand
  10. Mar 7, 2013
    This game, as said by many others, can be considered the "Skyrim" of the modern FPS. There is plenty to do, quite a bit of customization, and a strong storyline. Not to mention a game changing decision that can be made to affect your ending of the game. You pretty much get to play the game how you want to play it. Sneaky, guns blazing, or a mixture of both, is all up to you. I'm glad IThis game, as said by many others, can be considered the "Skyrim" of the modern FPS. There is plenty to do, quite a bit of customization, and a strong storyline. Not to mention a game changing decision that can be made to affect your ending of the game. You pretty much get to play the game how you want to play it. Sneaky, guns blazing, or a mixture of both, is all up to you. I'm glad I picked it up and am looking forward to beating it a second time. Expand
  11. Mar 5, 2013
    While I was hesitant at first to try the third installation in a franchise that I've yet to know or care, after carefully inspecting professional and honest reviews on this game, the hype of this game being "skyrim-with-guns" made me want to put my feet into the unknown territory of Far Cry 3. I couldn't have made a better choice in my life. Let's start from when you start the game. I amWhile I was hesitant at first to try the third installation in a franchise that I've yet to know or care, after carefully inspecting professional and honest reviews on this game, the hype of this game being "skyrim-with-guns" made me want to put my feet into the unknown territory of Far Cry 3. I couldn't have made a better choice in my life. Let's start from when you start the game. I am quite piqued at the conceptualism of Duality and Insanity voiced through the visuals of the main screen even, and also works beneficially for accessing your menu with ease. But, the one thing that did annoy me the most about this game was not necessarily about the content itself but Ubisoft's constant plea for it's almost unnecessary online pass. While you could play multiplayer without installing this pass up to Level 15, the whole reward on your hand for doing so isn't that significant. Likely, all you'll ever get is 4 achievement challenges which if completed will give you so to say "points" that you can use to download only 4 unlockables, almost all of which could've been in the final game to begin with. Nevertheless, at least it didn't necessarily force you to keep paying with real money, rather than just your dedication to the game itself. But overall, this Uplay is just another hub to bring more uneccessary adverts and lock the customer in a very unfriendly commitment to a company which seems to lie more than what their customer would. Anyhow, back to the game. The singleplayer as a whole is quite astounding, with real and round character development, combined with an engaging environment and tons of activities to do in this game. while you play as a seemingly spoiled college frat boy, you actually almost immediately get past his stereotypes and see the real human in him, and you can see him slowly develop from a person who only knew the life of luxury to a hard-boiled survivalist, something that a lot of games have trouble these days topping off. Jason Brody has morals, and is not a airhead as I thought I'd come to expect. The gameplay itself is also nice, where you can constantly have yourself engaging in a lot of dynamic battles between pirates, hostile animals and maybe even your friends. I do have to say right out the bat that in the singleplayer mode this game provides one of the best pyrotechnics I have ever seen (you can even hear the trees crackle as they burn and the fire spread!). There are a whole assortment of weapons and traps to choose from, varying between out in the open to overall stealthy, and the stealth mode in this game also has a big improvement, with individual enemy indicators rather than universal ones found in Skyrim or Fallout. Skinning animals actually comes to use, as you can use the skins to increase the capacity of ammo, how many weapons you can hold, or aid of the matter. There are internet challenges you can engage in around the singleplayer world, where you can compete with your friends to have your name stamped on a bright red rock as the champion of said challenge. Skills not only diversified but having these skills adds tattoos to your arm, and you can see how detailed your arm will become after amassing a large amount of skills. You can also gain signature weapons from completing other challenges, like collecting relics or lost letters, and there is also a radio tower part of gameplay that works not unlike the Assassin's Creed towers, where you can reveal the map and have certain guns be free for purchase (not the attachments, however). Now, I would say that the singleplayer on it's own would be enough to get this game immediately, but this game is so much more give than take. There is a co-op mode (although it's more of a big shooting gallery with pyrotechnics), a multiplayer mode (with loadouts that you can use in co-op as well) and even a map editor, which allows for much more replayability with the multiplayer even after reaching the highest rank (and you will get there fast, believe me.) There is a decoding system that allows you to get certain camoflauge that also serve to provide some certain attributes to your weapons, and urges you to keep playing as theses decoders are "decoding". Other than the blatant ad spam that is the Uplay system, with a facebook like dashboard that puts a status of you every time you either get top score on a match or complete a challenge, to which people can "like" them. I don't really see the point of this at all as it doesn't serve any purpose to popularize yourself or having any control over what status' should be shown, much less even make your own. But, apart from that, This game is wholly wonderful and you will spend oodles of hours playing player made maps, or making your own, and especially getting some singleplayer in. Hear that, Battlefield 3? This is how you make multiplayer AND singleplayer just as good. Expand
  12. Feb 26, 2013
    10/10. Farcry 3 sets new heights for the franchise and is in my opinion the best game of 2012. Ubisoft delayed the game to perfect it and the game is just that, the game is without flaws such as glitches, lag or other disruptions. Farcry 3's story is detailed and engaging as you will lose yourself in the story of Jason Brody and begin to feel connected to the games main character. The best10/10. Farcry 3 sets new heights for the franchise and is in my opinion the best game of 2012. Ubisoft delayed the game to perfect it and the game is just that, the game is without flaws such as glitches, lag or other disruptions. Farcry 3's story is detailed and engaging as you will lose yourself in the story of Jason Brody and begin to feel connected to the games main character. The best aspect of the game is the single-player but the fantastic Co-Op separate story and competitive multi-player are also very good reasons why you should buy this fantastic game! Farcry 3 is a game that you could sink more than 50 HOURS into! Ubisoft are rapidly becoming one of the biggest publishers in the gaming industry! Expand
  13. Feb 26, 2013
    Huge beautiful open world with a ton of places to explore but after you explore the thing you need and hunt what you need you will find little reason to go back to side missions. Playing as Jason Brody is a drag. Short easy 1000 Gamerscore for this game with a ton of fun parts though. Have to recommend this game.
  14. Feb 26, 2013
    Far cry 3 was an interesting game, mixing exploration, fps and a few rpg elements together to form something which played out rather well. A decent story, good re playability and a rather amazing island to explore make farcry 3 an experience you should definitely check out
  15. Feb 25, 2013
    Excellent game The game Far Cry 2 should 've been.
    Excellent game The game Far Cry 2 should 've been.
    It takes the best elements from Red Dead Redemption, GTA and Far Cry and melds them together into a wonderfully enjoyable romp through the Jungles, roads and seas. Plenty of bad guys, animals and missions to keep you interested. Also the combat is very good, they must 've sacked the guys from Far Cry 2 and employed some competent programmers Well done!
  16. Feb 24, 2013
    OUt of every shooter i have every played, none have drawn me in and made me feel for the charactors and the world so much then Far Cry 3. This game is Excellent. The world is beautiful, the voice acting is stellar and the story is fantastic. Jason brody isnt really the most Pleasant protagonist to play as you could say. He is pretty whiney and says things sometimes that bother you. butOUt of every shooter i have every played, none have drawn me in and made me feel for the charactors and the world so much then Far Cry 3. This game is Excellent. The world is beautiful, the voice acting is stellar and the story is fantastic. Jason brody isnt really the most Pleasant protagonist to play as you could say. He is pretty whiney and says things sometimes that bother you. but thats generally only towards the beginning. you really feel for the people in this story and it only gets better and better. I spent (and still spend) most of my time in this game just running around with my recurve bow hunting animals and sniping bandits. This game is huge. Climing up the radiotowers like altier and ezio and synching the world to find optional quests is very entertaining.

The only downside of this game is the multiplayer. The coop is fun but only for a little while. And its made to be played with 4 people. if you play with 2 you will die, alot. i promise. the competitive multi player is general. and i diddnt relaly find it that fun. the map editrior is awesome! but i wish they had gone to more of a forge mode letting you play with more people and mix ideas. but all in all. BUY far cry 3. its incredible and you will waste your life playing it.
  17. Feb 24, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is one of those games that nearly defies description. Most of the time, when a game tries to reach this wide, it ends up trying too hard and failing at some part of it. The gameplay suffers, the engine lags, the AI is brain-dead, or something else is, if not wrong, just not right. Amazingly FC3 reached for the stars...and caught one. The game revolves around a main character whoFar Cry 3 is one of those games that nearly defies description. Most of the time, when a game tries to reach this wide, it ends up trying too hard and failing at some part of it. The gameplay suffers, the engine lags, the AI is brain-dead, or something else is, if not wrong, just not right. Amazingly FC3 reached for the stars...and caught one. The game revolves around a main character who isn't a hero; he's a spoiled chump who, caught in extraordinary circumstances, metamorphoses into a killing machine dedicated to saving his friends and family from a group of psychotic pirates. So, let's look at some components. Graphics are among the best you'll find on a console, with lush jungles complete with real-time shadows (which are subject to a bit of a dithering problem, but not too awful) and detailed props. Textures are high enough resolution that it never breaks the illusion. The AI is generally intelligent, and adequately inventive to keep you on your toes in a tactical situation. Skills are varied and powerful, making a real impact on the game. Perhaps one of the best components of the game is the weapon modification system, enabling you to tune just about every weapon to your play style. The icing on the cake is a dynamic fire system pirates taking cover in tall grass are no problem, just start a fire and let it flush them out. Controls are solid, both on foot and in vehicles, without any of the annoying twitchiness that can wreck a game. Best yet, the control schema is ergonomic and trying to get something done doesn't interfere with playing the game (who wants to do the inventory hunt under fire?). Missions are varied, interesting, and generally well written. But FC3 really stands out in its writing. This game has one of video gaming's best-ever villains in a psychotic pirate named Vaas. Michael Mando brings vocal life to the insane pirate warlord, creating a character that is, without doubt, one of the best, most engaging villains that has ever appeared in a video game. The entire game is tailored as a major mind-bender, and Vaas rounds out the disconcerting world with his incredibly bent view of the world a view he shares frequently with the player. The writing also extends into philosophical grounds, as the main character's friends react to his transformation from party-hard Beverly Hills to a flint-edged warrior. One would expect, then, the sandbox world implementation to suffer, but it doesn't; there are random events aplenty, and crafting will keep you busy for hours. So why not a 10? Crafting improvements to your gear is effectively over less than halfway through the game, leaving the second half a little too static. Skills top out by the time you're two-thirds of the way through the game, so the only thing left is buying better weapons, but that runs out soon thereafter. The game has the gas to go the distance; it just doesn't quite have the tools and toys to keep itself fresh for the entire time. But don't misunderstand; Far Cry 3 is one of the absolute top-shelf best FPS/RPG hybrids ever made. Game designers and publishers should nail a copy of this to their walls so that they remember what they should be aiming for. Recommended without hesitation, it's a well-earned 9 for Far Cry 3. Expand
  18. Feb 24, 2013
    Grade: high end of 8.5, singelplayer 10,Multiplayer 7. Gameplay (reviewed on normal diff): Singleplayer;starts a little slow and easy makeing it a little boring but after an hour or so gets addictive,fun,and hard to put down. It is a real treat and lots of content, will have you jumping back like a scary movie at many differnt turns, a true open world (U do not have to turn on radio towersGrade: high end of 8.5, singelplayer 10,Multiplayer 7. Gameplay (reviewed on normal diff): Singleplayer;starts a little slow and easy makeing it a little boring but after an hour or so gets addictive,fun,and hard to put down. It is a real treat and lots of content, will have you jumping back like a scary movie at many differnt turns, a true open world (U do not have to turn on radio towers or use fast travel its up to U,some parts of missions do make you stay on mission track for a small time). Autosave is execuded near perfect, best I have seen in most games. Fast travel is great (did get glitch stuck around 4 times during game and fast travel set me free). Mini games are plentiful and chalenging but with the exception of trials there is no score traking I found (did I beat this min game alreay on hardest dif and what was my time? glitch if you drive to race mini vehicle to get there will be gone win or lose you may be walking). Controls are superb. Exploring; caves, underwater wreckage, WWII bunkers, Jungles filled with wild animals could not ask for more.multiplayer; nothing special and co-op is fun and would bring my multiplayer score up if it was not so buggy to point of needing an emrgency patch. Graphics: Amazing waxy look like a bannana plant is that real or fake love em, Water is flat at time ocean is more like the gulf,but this game has the bext underwater,scare the hell out of yaand makes you fill like you are swimming graphics I have ever seen. sky; lighting is gorgeouse, but no moving cloudes(there are formation change from night to day smart), rain is superb. sound: Great music, main charecter is disapointing, why do we have to sound like a puss, when all the other charecters are so tough love em all. Effects are all superb. Menu: skill tree takes away from open world do to fact item locks are implemended till finishing some missions one point I had 4 skills to spend over 4000xp and no unloked skills available to choose,there is no real path ut is more an xp store, like the Idea and earning skills(which realy as great skills to learn) but the tree wass poorly designed. Letters, Loot,and relics; have funny descrips with the excepiton of relics which seemed to be unfinshed(find a relic menu has you look at it no description after 120 times going in menu to remove notification gets annoying). Encycopedia;is hilarious and a pleaure to few from animals,guns,people,and vehicles, grade A+. Get this game if you loved Far Cry 2 or are new to liberating 3rd world countries. Expand
  19. Feb 24, 2013
    This game is amazing as a whole, The beautiful landscapes and the "no waiting" times for going inside small buildings helped greatly when I spend a lot of time playing it. The only thing I wish they added was more complexity in this game, kind of like a skyrim level complexity. Once the campaign was done and you have all the achievements then its pretty much boring. Multiplayer doesn'tThis game is amazing as a whole, The beautiful landscapes and the "no waiting" times for going inside small buildings helped greatly when I spend a lot of time playing it. The only thing I wish they added was more complexity in this game, kind of like a skyrim level complexity. Once the campaign was done and you have all the achievements then its pretty much boring. Multiplayer doesn't appeal to me much, not very creative and feels like a weak clone of COD. It could of been so much more and could of taken advantage of survival and things you did in the campaign. The co-op story was interesting but felt like it was full of fillers and then mini games, kind of like Spartan Ops from Halo. Over all, this game is addictive in its single player aspect and is worth your $40 Expand
  20. Feb 21, 2013
    Nice graphics, imaginative story, good gameplay, open world.
    Unfortunately, it is difficult in many parts of the game. For example, to be shooting at the enemy, and they are coming from the three, and even a man must also be protected. I found there forever. But really, it's a very good game.
  21. Feb 15, 2013
    Best game of 2012..everything about this game is amazing.. I'm still playing it every now and then, a month after beating it.go buy it ...its a million miles better than call of booty... booooom!
  22. Feb 15, 2013
    This game is going to have to be a favorite for me. The graphics are beautiful, good story, and there is just so much to do. So many side missions to play and unlock. Over 30 animals to hunt! This game deserves a 10 but I rated 9 because there could've been a little more to it. The multiplayer is kinda worthless and not worth paying 10 bucks to play (Yes you have to pay for multiplayerThis game is going to have to be a favorite for me. The graphics are beautiful, good story, and there is just so much to do. So many side missions to play and unlock. Over 30 animals to hunt! This game deserves a 10 but I rated 9 because there could've been a little more to it. The multiplayer is kinda worthless and not worth paying 10 bucks to play (Yes you have to pay for multiplayer after you payed for the game...) So don't get it used! If I had know the multiplayer was terrible i wouldn't of gotten it. People are barely ever on and it takes forever to get into a game. The CO-OP is ok but could've been better. But other than that this game surely is amazing! Expand
  23. Feb 13, 2013
    Amazing game, it takes me back to the original Far Cry with the beautiful tropical island surrounds. After the let down that was Far Cry 2, this reinvigorates the series. While it definitely isn't perfect, its one of favourites for 2012 releases.
  24. Feb 10, 2013
    Having played several other of the Far cry titles, it's clear that they have learnt a lot. While the past games had a lot of positive points, they had a lot of negative features which put a lot of people off, e.g. the heavy handed game play. However in Far cry 3 they have addressed almost all the issues and have created one of the best campaigns I've played to date. The characters, cutHaving played several other of the Far cry titles, it's clear that they have learnt a lot. While the past games had a lot of positive points, they had a lot of negative features which put a lot of people off, e.g. the heavy handed game play. However in Far cry 3 they have addressed almost all the issues and have created one of the best campaigns I've played to date. The characters, cut scenes and voice acting, (especially Vaas) are unexpectedly amazing thus creating a very strong story. There are also top notch hunting mechanics linking to a well designed crafting system, and with a bunch side quests and activities, sure to give you your moneys worth in the campaign alone. On top of all this though you have a good multi player with a surprisingly good level progression and unlock system and it kept me entertained right to the max level of 75. There is also a co-op mode which is quite generic but is refreshingly difficult and there is a more than decent amount of content. Finally you have the map editor. It gives you the tools to make some truly amazing looking map even if the controls are difficult on xbox and PS3. However, on the negative side while you can place vehicles down, don't expect to be able to use that map on multi player, even private matches. The same story is for placeable AI as neither can be used in multi player. In my opinion this is a huge wasted opportunity to create some unique online mechanics, e.g. example an online game mode with AI pirates and hostile wildlife, (assuming the engine could handle it). Overall a great game and definitely worth your money. Expand
  25. Feb 7, 2013
    Where do i start off with this spectacular game??? First off, the graphics are the greatest I have ever seen on a console based game! The surrounding area on the massive open world maps really makes you feel like you are in the game as yourself. The story is one of the best told stories ever with all the turns and suprises. The Far Cry franchise has really over done itself and madeWhere do i start off with this spectacular game??? First off, the graphics are the greatest I have ever seen on a console based game! The surrounding area on the massive open world maps really makes you feel like you are in the game as yourself. The story is one of the best told stories ever with all the turns and suprises. The Far Cry franchise has really over done itself and made major improvements from game to game. The more you play it, the more it pulls you in. The online is the only reason why the game has not been rated as a 10. The gameplay could have been faster and smoother but thats not really a major part of the game. The game was made for the story. Overall, one of the bes games i have ever played in my life! Expand
  26. Feb 7, 2013
    Amazing game gorgeous graphics amazing weapons and all round fun. The game has one heck of a storyline that made me cry. The guns are great, the bow is one the best with the wind drop. The action is incredible. This is hands down the best game of 2012 well done ubisoft
  27. Feb 5, 2013
    GAME OF THE YEAR 2012 this game is amazing great graphics great game play great story and the best video game villain ever this game is amazing every one should play it a ton of content and amazing characters get this game
  28. Feb 2, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a great game, but its flaws keep it from being an amazing game. The story definitely could be better but the gameplay is superb. The game will captivate you for around 5 or 6 hours in but after that, things fall apart in a not so great finale.
  29. Jan 30, 2013
    As an "older" gamer with young kids, it's not often I'm interested enough to actually play through an entire game. But Far Cry 3 has the right mix of interesting storyline, good gameplay, satisfying item development, enjoyable skill trees, and enough detail to keep me coming back for more. As others have said there are many enjoyable options to approaching any battle situation, fromAs an "older" gamer with young kids, it's not often I'm interested enough to actually play through an entire game. But Far Cry 3 has the right mix of interesting storyline, good gameplay, satisfying item development, enjoyable skill trees, and enough detail to keep me coming back for more. As others have said there are many enjoyable options to approaching any battle situation, from close-quarters stealth takedowns, to sniping from afar, to the balls-to-the-wall guns blazing approach. I would give this game 9.5 overall, which rounds up to 10 in my opinion. Definitely one of the best games of 2012, not to be missed and well worth the investment. Expand
  30. Jan 29, 2013
    Amazing, literally amazing. The missions are so much fun, I mean there are some straight forward, kinda meh missions but there soem absolutely bonkers missions which don't even feel like a first person shooter but more of a japanese insanity game. seriously though, this game is my favourite game of 2011 - 2013. it is absolutely beautiful, the graphics, the story, it's so compelling and youAmazing, literally amazing. The missions are so much fun, I mean there are some straight forward, kinda meh missions but there soem absolutely bonkers missions which don't even feel like a first person shooter but more of a japanese insanity game. seriously though, this game is my favourite game of 2011 - 2013. it is absolutely beautiful, the graphics, the story, it's so compelling and you really become jason, the protagonist. he slowly becomes more insane and more hungry to just kill, you get that same feeling as you get more skills, especially takedowns, they inspire my bloodlust in the game. A MUST BUY. Expand

1. Apr 8, 2013
    Far Cry 3 reaches for greatness, but falls short at merely being really fun. It has a few hiccups here and there and the story is very thin, but the exploration and combat really shine. It's a worthy addition to any collection.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Almost everything about Far Cry 3 speaks to the game’s skilled, confident and tightly interwoven design, and players are free to seek their specific flavour of gratification and victory as Jason becomes the most dangerous animal on the island.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    The freeform combat, gorgeous locations, and excellent multiplayer are strong, and Far Cry 3 does a fantastic job of putting the player in the middle of a lawless, chaotic world and letting them get up to whatever they please. Yes, video games are capable of achieving much more than Far Cry 3 does, but it makes a persuasive argument that there's nothing wrong with a guilty pleasure now and again—especially when it's as slickly presented as this is.