- Summary: In Far Cry 4, players find themselves in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king. Using a vast array of weapons, vehicles and animals, players will write their own story across an exotic open-world landscape.
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Nov 20, 2014Since I received the game I have devoted 30 hours to it and am only 40% of the way through. I had been expecting a lot as Far Cry 3 was soSince I received the game I have devoted 30 hours to it and am only 40% of the way through. I had been expecting a lot as Far Cry 3 was so much fun, and while Ubisoft haven't really changed the formula but they didn't really need to. The graphics are stunning, the game play is addictive and the story and characters are well thought out and grip you from the off! There are multitudes of wild animal to hunt, vehicles to drive/ fly (the buzzer is amazing), tasks to complete, missions to carry out and so many collectibles that any completist will be tearing their hair out! If you liked Far Cry 3 then you'll love this and if you didn't then you're loco!! So good!… Expand
Dec 28, 2014Ever since i got this game, i haven't played any other games not even gta 5 , CoD online nor fifa. I finished about 18%of the game in a timeEver since i got this game, i haven't played any other games not even gta 5 , CoD online nor fifa. I finished about 18%of the game in a time span of six hours. This is the first far cry game that i've played and it is mindblowing. The map seem huge, Graphics are stunning and fantastic. Gameplay is smooth, lot of hunting, driving is comfortable and so is shooting. Ubisoft have fared quite well with their "skill" and "crafting" tree. The game is worth every penny. I feel that Far Cry 4 deserves to win the best shooter game of the year even though Titanfall is miles better but Far cry 4 is just a class apart !… Expand
Nov 21, 2014A very decent version for the XBOX 360 though it's an already outdated machine. FC4 is a fantastic -and vividly colored- journey for everyA very decent version for the XBOX 360 though it's an already outdated machine. FC4 is a fantastic -and vividly colored- journey for every FPS/RPG fan. It sports great atmosphere, great graphics and sound (I like this guy on the radio and all this Indie music...LOL) and it also has many new elements (riding an elephant was a great idea since there are no tanks on the game) compared to FC3. The player's interface is much more user-friendly than that of FC3 as well as the camera controls. OK, there are some issues as well (which is logical for an open world game), like sudden pop ups here and there, character clippings, the mountains look too blurry (even like...they are made of paper) from a distance, but these are not strong enough to keep you away from such a game. I recommend this game for every FPS/RPG fan out there.… Expand
Dec 21, 2014This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought fc4 & Assassins Creed Rogue on their release date @€65 each.
Fc4 was a let down only, and only because of the happy clappy
aspect to it. I don't care about the spiritual side of it. It's a SHOOTER
game!!! I got gamer rage with the Shangri La mission where you have to fly round.
Having had that rant, it has spectacular scenery and where else can you ride an elephant? I loved the copters, they made some of the towers easy to climb and jeez, those honey badgers are pure nasty!
Overall, I'll play it again.… Expand
Nov 6, 2015This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far Cry 4 is a good game with a lot of content to enjoy and one of the better antagonists you will find in gaming this generation. But there are some significant issues with it as well...
First, do NOT purchase this game for the Xbox 360. I was late to upgrade to an Xbox One, but when I Youtubed the differences between graphics for this game on 360 versus on XONE...let's just say the differences are SUBSTANTIAL. Having now upgraded to the Xbox One, the buyer's remorse is immediate. The draw distance on the 360 version is laughably low, and the distant mountains look like you're viewing them with eyes full of saline solution. Textures look muddy and bleak. I am no graphics whore, but when the differences are so stark, go with the Xbox One version or, if you only have a 360 for now, WAIT until you upgrade to the One to play this game.
As far as content and story goes, both are perfectly adequate to keep you interested through the campaign. That being said, the content is very similar to that of Far Cry 3. FC3 was a great game, so that's not a bad thing, to be sure, but it is a little disappointing that it's really only the characters and setting that set this iteration apart from its predecessor. As with any Ubisoft game (Assassin's Creed or Far Cry series), there is a LOT of repetition, especially in the side quests and activities.
And finally, the story itself. Pagan Min is a wonderful antagonist, charismatic and extremely well voice-acted. I wish that Ubisoft had seen fit to include him in the game more than he was, because he is the only character worth praising. Ajay is a decent protagonist, nowhere near the worst in a game, but at the same time he is not very interesting either. The two rebels you work with throughout the game are an absolute chore to deal with, and when the game gives you the mission where you decide to kill one of them, I found myself wishing I could go with Option C and kill the both of them.
A good game, but not a great game. And absolutely buy it for the Xbox One if you have any inclination to upgrade to that system in the future.… Expand
Dec 4, 2015I played this game for hours and hours. I barely got halfway through and then I quit. This game while not the worst I've played is aI played this game for hours and hours. I barely got halfway through and then I quit. This game while not the worst I've played is a frustrating experience. I played and finished Far Cry 3, but this sequel was lacking, despite some minor improvements in gameplay.
1. The world is beautiful. Nice to look at when you're on the ground.
2. You get to see boobs.
3. The battle arena is a nice addition.
4. There were some improvements in the mapping and menus. Although not sure if positive, since they still require improvement.
5. There are less cliffs and drops that you can fall off of. It still happens, but it's usually fair. Usually.
6. The rope system is kind of fun.
7. I liked the radio DJ. He's amusing.
8. The elephant was fun.
1. It's buggy as hell. There was a point where I couldn't even seen anything. The screen started splitting up, and then it became all pink, and white, and I couldn't fix it. This happened with an update...!
2. There are items locked behind a wall. You can't get ithem until you have enough uPlay points. I paid for the game (new)! Give me everything! I don't want to register with your club or whatever the hell it is.
3. It takes way too long to progress through the story, which to be frank wasn't all that interesting in the first place. You have all these frivolous missions getting in your way, and they are very boring.
4. The stealth missions, where you have to go undetected are a huge pain in the rear. You have to do them over, and over again, because someone got a glimpse of you. It doesn't matter if you kill them before they say anything. The bad guys are somehow telepathically connected to each other.
5. The mapping system still sucks. Yeah, I want a map, but I don't want to have to visually hunt for my missions, and then select them, squinting to see if it's what I need to do to continue on through the story. There ought to be an ordered side bar where you select what to do, then it marks it down on the world.
6. There are missions where you have to hijack and drive a truck, but they seemingly come at random, and then it's way too hard to hijack the truck.
7. To upgrade your pouches, and rucksacks, you have to hunt animals. Okay. But some of the animals are really hard to find. I get that they want to make it more challenging, but this is just a hindrance in having fun. You have to pull your hair out to find rare animals, or kill animals that are magically resistant to bullets, like the honey badger, and rhino. Or you can only use certain weapons.
8. When you navigate the menus you cannot just use the d-pad. A minor criticism, however.
9. To get new items, or access upgrades there's this pain in the ass layered system. There should be only one layer! Why are there two layers? To get new guns you have to do specific missions, and then get money. To upgrade your skills, you have to do specific missions (some of which are way too difficult) to unlock skill sets, and then you must gain skill points to purchase them. This was a huge pain in the arse for me.
10. They have these little helicopters in the game, but they can barely fly. If you push too fast they start crapping out. And when you look down at the world it is intensely foggy, and the trees are flat.
11. Even on easy this game is still difficult.
12. The bell towers! How I hate them! I didn't get this game to do puzzles, and die from falling. If there are to be bell tower, then you should just shoot off a few bad guys, and then climb up. That's it. None of this Spiderman business.
13. The geography of the land is a pain. It's confusing. Mountains, mountains everywhere, getting in your way, and making it confusing to navigate. I should be able to get over, and around the mountains without great trouble. But that was not the case. The compass did not help me to avoid these piles of dirt and rock.
14. The character does everything so casually, like he's in no rush. It feels like it takes two hours to reload a weapon.
15. They have this system where you can hire guns for help, but guess what? They don't help you out when you want them to. It's very restricted. What's the point of this feature? 16. The controls left somehing to be desired. I hate how I had to press my thumbstick to assassinate people quietly. Why not let me use the trigger or some other more responsive button? Didn't seem like I could change my controls. 17. How come games don't have options to make the text larger? 18. When driving vehicles, because of the mountainous landscape, there should be a 3rd person perspective option so you can see from the outside. There are too many times where you can't see, and you drop off, and die. 19. When shooting in vehicles there should be bullet time. Hard to do two things at once, without some help. Anyway, I hope Ubisoft employees don't get angry at this review. I just want the Far Cry series to continue, and improve. Despite my annoyances.… Expand