7.6

1. NathanH
    Nov 7, 2009
    Extremely buggy, especially in Manager Mode, which ruins the experience and completely outweighs the marginal improvements over 09. A shoddy product that disrespects its customers with the poor quality of workmanship.
  2. Aug 22, 2010
    Do not buy this game. The entire QA staff should be chased from the industry. Go look up the glitch reports for this game, a long list of seemingly unmissable horrors makes the Manager Mode, the core of the single player game, unplayable. I have no doubt that if a game of this level of polish were made by a smaller studio, the studio would not exist today. Here's to hoping that FIFA 11Do not buy this game. The entire QA staff should be chased from the industry. Go look up the glitch reports for this game, a long list of seemingly unmissable horrors makes the Manager Mode, the core of the single player game, unplayable. I have no doubt that if a game of this level of polish were made by a smaller studio, the studio would not exist today. Here's to hoping that FIFA 11 addresses the 52 documented terminal glitches and numerous other lapses in quality that render the game, well, bad. Expand
  3. MartinG
    Dec 29, 2009
    most has been said already: manager mode is full of bugs, even after the update. Scoring goals is also very unrealistic, chipping and free kicks far to easy. They seem unnessary and unbelievable faults, considering the amounts of money EA Fifa is dealing with. Dissapointing, Fifa09 is the better deal.
  4. BrandonS
    Dec 24, 2009
    Imagine the best painting in the world. Now imagine that, to spice things up, the creator decided that every few seconds the painting would release tear gas sending viewing the painting into the agony of inflamed eyeballs. Then as they lay there trying to enjoy the painting with their vision blurred from toxic gas. The painting then starts swinging around the room to make the viewing Imagine the best painting in the world. Now imagine that, to spice things up, the creator decided that every few seconds the painting would release tear gas sending viewing the painting into the agony of inflamed eyeballs. Then as they lay there trying to enjoy the painting with their vision blurred from toxic gas. The painting then starts swinging around the room to make the viewing experience dynamic and exciting. THATS Fifa 10. The best sports game available. However it's marred by horrible design decisions made to make the game "challenging". Everything thats great about it can and will altered to insure that theres another obstacle in your way so the CPU can keep the game "exciting". You will play 4 games overcoming the common problems but on that 5th game the controls will mysteriously turn to mush. It's like a brand new game. It's that last and greatest level of desperate AI cheating. It will destroy your ability to enjoy the game. They take the core mechanics of the game and make it all unresponsive on purpose. Just think about that. And while you're at it, avoid this game. Expand
  5. SimonJ.
    Oct 21, 2009
    Disappointed with many aspects of this game. Leaving the unacceptable amount of bugs aside....the game has not improved from 09 gameplay wise and and in some aspects has got worse. The shooting system incorporated in FIFA is terrible. The ball always seems to go straight at the keeper. If you do manage to direct it to some corner the keeper will nearly always get a hand to it. One on ones Disappointed with many aspects of this game. Leaving the unacceptable amount of bugs aside....the game has not improved from 09 gameplay wise and and in some aspects has got worse. The shooting system incorporated in FIFA is terrible. The ball always seems to go straight at the keeper. If you do manage to direct it to some corner the keeper will nearly always get a hand to it. One on ones are almost impossible to score with the finesse shooting.......whereas last year it was far too easy. EA cannot seem to find a realistic medium. Don't worry if your in need of a goal though......it is very easy to simply chip the keeper when one on one. In real life a far more difficult skill than side footing to either side.......not in FIFA. Free kicks are also far too easy to score from. Something is wrong when it's far easier to curl one from 30 yards around a wall of players than side foot from 8 yards. So , shooting feels far too automated and predictable. You never really feel in control of your shot direction. Hit and hope really. The game does look great. Graphics are slick and commentary well done. I do however struggle to understand where all the amazing reviews come from for FIFA based on it's "gameplay". We all know it looks great. We all know that the licemse's are all there. It is not however , "the perfect simulation of football". There is alot to be desired in it's gameplay. So much inconsistency. Needless to say I will be trading my copy of FIFA for it's less shiney , rough round the edges , more fun forgotten uncle. Expand
  6. Mar 7, 2011
    This game in a nutshell: the more you watch actual football, the less you'll enjoy this game. While it can be enjoyable, the AI is horrible (doesn't attempt runs, doesn't follow the ball and makes no effort to defend) and most of the time it feels like the other team bought off the ref so they can play like the Netherlands in last year's World Cup.
  7. Sep 10, 2011
    Good game play and really fun. It was my first soccer game on the XBox 360 after the move from PC (where I played every version since 1998).

I liked the dribbling capabilities for the game along with control over the player but at the end of the day, our favourite mode (manager) disappointed us with the ton of bugs :(
  8. Sep 20, 2012
    I'm reviewing my first sports game rather than the game itself so bare with me. FIFA 10 is very accessible and on the pitch, a decent game. With logical controls, fluent movement of players and ability to customise the level of assistance you want for each action, you can easily tweak the settings to how precise you want to be. Graphics suck like they've always done but that doesn't matterI'm reviewing my first sports game rather than the game itself so bare with me. FIFA 10 is very accessible and on the pitch, a decent game. With logical controls, fluent movement of players and ability to customise the level of assistance you want for each action, you can easily tweak the settings to how precise you want to be. Graphics suck like they've always done but that doesn't matter since it's a football game. Framerate is consistent so that's all that matters. On the pitch, FIFA 10 is a fine game. I don't have any interest in the sport and the gameplay is pretty much chasing a ball round a green field for (x) minutes. But even stil, I can respect FIFA 10's efforts. It's everything off the pitch that lets it down. Manager mode is useless unless you want achievements, and very boring as well. Be A Pro is just an RPG kind of thing but really unwarranted in a football game. Oh and EA shut down the servers now so you can't play online or get some of the really easy achievements requiring you to connect to EA servers. Another problem is that, due to the nature of using real life teams, there are balancing "issues" (even though they are intentional). Teams are split into tiers and I can imagine that in online play picking your favourite team is not possible, so you're limited to the best teams if you want to win. For me that wouldn't matter but for someone who supports a team I can imagine it to be annoying. If all these silly things like Be A Pro, Manager Mode and all that "This team is better than this and you will lose because your stats are worse" was removed- infact if all statistics of players and teams were ommitted, or they were made balanced so teams have certain advantages and disadvantages, it would be fine. But in its attempt to be an all-inclusive game they've put a lot of clutter in that needn't be there. Practice mode is useful, and obviously you can play online or with up to 3 other people on the same console, but everything else is just a waste of space in my opinion. Expand

1. Having convincingly overtaken its main rival last year, FIFA 10 nevertheless consolidates its lead with great authority. Last year, I said FIFA feels like football, rewards football, and punishes football for football reasons. The difference between FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 is that the latter knows exactly where the former fell short of that, and makes up the distance in almost every case.
    One of the most refined, polished and compelling takes on the beautiful game – and arguably of any given sport. While this year’s improvements might seem slight on paper, each one is perfectly pitched and works together to create an experience that’s an improvement on last year’s game in every conceivable way.
  3. FIFA 10 is all the best a football fan could imagine, you simply have to have it. The score is the right prize for a nearly perfect game that deserves the right prize for the work done in the last years that brought the average arcade game of the past, to the nearest thing to real football actually available. You'll stop playing FIFA 10 only when FIFA 11 will be on shelves. Great job EA, great job Moore, great job Rutter. You have to play it!