6.7

1. Sep 27, 2011
    First off let me start by saying I've been playing soccer games since 1998 and and have played pretty much all the brands out there. And when I say FIFA 12 is the best soccer game of all time.after a distasterous outing with FIFA 11 EA has pulled out all the stops and its made for an excellent game.this year I am confident in saying FIFA is king!!!!!!
  2. Sep 29, 2011
    After almost a week on the full game, I'm very impressed with what EA have served up this year. Tactical defending now makes FIFA 11 more rewarding when winning back the ball, but at the same time gives the game a more realistic flow.
    The AI was what stood out most for me. Playing as Liverpool on career mode I cut inside with Johnson only to lose the ball just over the halfway line against
    Arsenal. Wilshere picks up the ball, has the awareness that my RB position is open & sprays a delightful ball the Arsharvin who squares it to RVP.... 1-0! This wouldn't of happened on FIFA 11. Also, playing Stoke City, who had a more direct style of play & try to whip in as many crosses as possible for the giant forwards is very tricky to defend. Strikers with good arial ability now make bending runs to the near post in anticipation for incoming balls. I now find myself using man marking in tactics & adjust formation depending on opposition.
    In career mode you get the chance to set up a scouting network for youth players, balance your squad rotation to keep players happy thus avoiding a transfer request, but best of all.... deadline day! I'm only touching the surface of FIFA 11, but will finish off by saying this is without doubt, the best football sim I've ever played.
  3. Sep 27, 2011
    FIFA Soccer 12 the most beautiful I've ever played, compared to the previous chapter improvements everywhere in every respect, clean graphics and sharp, contrasting ever more real and stunning ball physics also comment more precise and effective. Lacking only the champions and official competitions of the UEFA and then the perfection is near. If the next chapter will be added to this there will be no challenge from other football video games. FIFA 12 the number one. fifa 12 the best ever. Congratulations !!!!! sports and it's in the game!! Expand
  4. Sep 29, 2011
    The good:

-Every year FIFA manages to make their games even better than last year, this time FIFA has done an amazing job at how you defend players, now if your a new player you basically have no chance against someone who plays FIFA 12. Defending is completely different, you can no longer just rest your thumb on A and hope to steal the ball, that is old news. Now you have to time when
    you want to tackle the player and steal the ball from him.

-Graphics are a lot more polished and smoother than fifa 12, the game feels more realistic and bumping into other players and overall player movement, as hard as it is to believe, it is more realistic!
    -Passing has improved by a lot, when you pass the ball with players like Messi or Ozil the game does an amazing and accurate pass of the real Messi and Ozil.
    -FIFA ultimate is back and is now easier to use.

The bad:
    Virtual pro accomplishments are almost the same as FIFA 11.

Overall: There is a lot of other things I am missing in "the good" section but all you need to know is that the game is amazing, if your a football fan, go buy FIFA 12, or you will be missing out on THE best sport game out there this year.
  5. Sep 27, 2011
    FIFA 12 is simply the BEST soccer simulation EVER MADE. Tactical Defending, Precision Dribbling and Impact Engine works perfect together, offering a freedom never experimented before.
  6. Nov 8, 2011
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    The "secret" code in FIFA 12 is "patience". Oh...and forget everything or almost everything you know about previous FIFA's or FIFA 11. When I started playing I was baffled. I knew about the changes. I was aware, but still...I was playing the game "the old way". I was out of context. Then slowly, trying to adjust I realised what EA had done. They simulated. They really simulated, trying not to alienate gamers, they created the closest digital football to the real thing. If you have patience you will be rewarded after the first 20 games. If not you will believe its a strange, broken beast. And turn to PES 2012 arcade pick up and play game, because, well...its arcadey and soooooo easy to score or keep the ball. Your money, your decision. Expand
  8. Oct 17, 2011
    Great, great game, i think the best football game ever created.
    I don't really understand all these negative user reviews: sure, the game is totally different from the previous chapter; sure, the game is difficult - at first damn difficult-, it requires a lot of practice and the first times it will make scream like an angry dog; sure you'll need more than pressing the "A" button all time
    to stop opposite attackers..but once you'll catch how tactical defending works then you'll discover a new way of intending football games.
    A must buy. Wonderful
  9. Nov 4, 2011
    The best FIFA to date, the tactical defending takes a few games to get to grips with, but after that, you wonder why EA didn't think of it years ago! A truly awe-inspiring achievement and a game that just gives and gives.
  10. Dec 14, 2011
    Best soocer game on the planet for the options alone. Dont believe the haters buy it love it play it... the soccer plays very realistly other than in Ultimate team when playing below pro level, the defenders on the opposing side are pretty bad you can run with the ball and score pretty easy. The physics are amazing and accurate as hell.
  11. Jan 1, 2012
    Fifa 12 is amazing like Fifa 11, but in different ways. The new defensive game is totally new, wich cause some frustration to some people... but not to the hardcore one's... Fifa could not be the best football ever, but its way better than PES, this i can say, as one ex-PES player.
  12. Oct 2, 2011
    Well thats a surprised, average user rating 6.6. I bet thats because people don't like the new defending. Yeah I don't like it either. But there is a way round this. But less of that. What do I think of this?

THE BEST IF NOT THE GREATEST FIFA EVER!!! I can't put anything else, cos this would be filled with thousands of superlatives. JUST BUY THIS GAME, ABSOLUTE FOOTBALLING PERFECTION!!!
  13. Sep 29, 2011
    Coming from a PES fan boy, FIFA 12 is simply brilliant, the best soccer game so far, you can feel like being there in the soccer field, it's so realistic, i haven't found any AI flaw so far, you have to build up your attack to get a goal, just like in real life, this game makes use of SO MANY real life stuff that is ridiculous awesome. This is the first FIFA game i bought, and the first year i don't buy a PES game Expand
  14. Oct 7, 2011
    Sorry forgot to change my score to 9. Also its LEGACY DEFENDING YOU CAN CHANGE IT TO NOT LEGENDARY. Also forgot to mention the game is near enouh fully customisable, from game speed to however you want it to play in the USER GAME CUSTOMISATION SETTINGS.
  15. Oct 9, 2011
    I cannot believe that they are calling this a bad game, or that PES is better. The changes may have been so-so but come on people! First you complain about FIFA 11 and that they should change some things and then when they change them, you still complain. I thought this game was beutiful and haters gonna hate.
  16. Oct 11, 2011
    The innovation and inclusion of the support your club feature has sealed the deal for me, I haven't played sports games much over the past 10 years, but with the RPG aspect that is now present, I feel like I am actually working towards something when I play. I'm glad I picked this one up. Bravo FIFA team!
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    FIFA 12 is probably one of the best FIFA games, certainly in my Top 5 list.

The tactical defending WILL take time to learn, but once you do, its very enjoyable to play. I see reviews on here moaning about the TD system and that its now harder to score blah blah blah. If you want a FIFA game that's easy to score on, then go play FIFA 2003. The career mode is much better than FIFA 11's
    shoddy effort, it has pretty much everything that EA took out of 11 (from 10) e.g. scouting. They've added new form and morale systems that seem to work OK, but don't really seem to affect players that much e.g. a player with a low morale level doesn't play that bad (not as bad as they would in real life).

This game is definetley worth the buy and the 6.6 user score doesn't do the game justice, seriously.
  18. Nov 26, 2011
    Gives a real fotball fan all he wants and takes a big step towards total fotball reality. The screens could be more easily oriented though and the goal keeper isn't quite 100% just yet.
  19. Mar 23, 2012
  20. Jan 10, 2012
    Great game, I have a strong bias towards it though as i am a huge football fan and a fan of the fifa franchise.
    Pros- Wide range of game modes Good graphics Ultimate team is incredibly addictive Could spent a seriously long time just playing in the arena Building virtual pro and playing clubs game mode
    Cons- Still quite flat when playing against
    computer, seems like a chore The collision system can fail at crucial times Steep learning curve Expand
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    Technically, the game is very realistic and true to the real game, which is a little different than previous versions which were more arcade like. As the years went on the game has gotten more and more realistic. People are way too quick to judge this game. The new defending system will take a little bit to get used to for example, but in the end it's worth it. Overall, with great gameplay, presentation, and fun factor, this is an amazing game. Expand
  22. Nov 13, 2011
    Definitely the best Fifa game ever. The updates applied to this years classic footballing sim has seen Fifa turn from a repetitive year long 4-0 win against any team on the game into a challenging, realistic footballing experience. Don't get me wrong I have always enjoyed Fifa games but this years addition is a cut above previous editions. PES still has a long way to go to reach the top. The introduction of the tactical defending adds a new angle to the game rather than just trying to score and let the computer do the defending for you by holding 'B' you a generally thinking of every part of the game. Expand
  23. Jan 19, 2012
    big step forward with EA SPORTS FIFA 12, which has raised the level of the game simulation.
    The defense tactic has been a great innovation to make realistic and fun match in defense ... the new fun and realistic dribble makes the offensive maneuver, and the slower pace of the game and makes the largest field operation simulation and much more more compelling and logical.

Who voted 4 is
    only ONE OF PES fanboy because I genuinely am happy with the work done by Ruter on fifa 12, fifa 11 in fact I enjoyed less, fifa 12 is much more fun to play, there are actions you can make very realistic and animations, collisions, and the rest bring about so much more quality than last year.

is yet another confirmation that the most realistic game of football is FIFA a few stories.

CALL FOR SPORT AND DAVID RUTTER and feedback from the community to follow the Italian and English ... and continue to do so because they are on the right track ... the highest level of simulation is achieved by the feedback you read ocome but can still improve a lot, and let lose 4 pessaries fan boy because boys are just jealous of the fact that EA with FIFA 12 this year has been very successful .. painful to play while their konami did flop again!

EA FIFA 13 regalaci an even better .. but on the basis of this great fifa 12.
  24. Jun 27, 2012
    It's hard to believe that the overall User Score on Metacritic is a lowly 6.6 at the time of this review. FIFA '12 is approaching perfection in football (NOT soccer ;)) simulation. The increased focus on intelligent defence, combined with the requirement of actual skill to break down an opposition in attack (not simply flicking the ball up and blasting it in from 50 yards every few minutes) is refreshing.

Don't get me wrong; I'm no traditional FIFA fan boy. In fact, I was quite the hardcore PES fanatic until recently. But FIFA just beats the old Konami title hands down in every single respect.

Those players who are used to holding down a button and automatically charging down the ball and auto tackling will be disappointed. You have to hold your position, wait for an interception, mark players, watch for runs behind the defence... in short, you have to play football, which is a novel experience in a football game!

Added to the game mechanic improvements, the DLC content is superb, the community is fantastic, the single player options are brilliant - everything works. If you have the desire to put the time in to play the game properly, you'll get rewarded. Ignore the very errant reviews on here thus far. It's a game that's difficult to imagine being improved upon, and when you play a game like that, you know you're onto a winner.

I score it 9/10, simply because I don't believe I've ever played the perfect game in any genre, and I hope FIFA '13 somehow goes one step further.
  25. Jun 12, 2012
    Absolutely great game. I don't like sports games and it's the only sports game I've ever liked. I haven't played the previous fifas but I did like this one. And both graphically and the gameplay wise it was awesome. Before I got this game I didn't really follow much soccer. But now that I've played it I've actually taking a liking to watching soccer. Whether you like soccer or not this is a great game. Expand
  26. Jul 23, 2012
    Unlike game such as MW3, the team in Vancouver always tries to create something special. ALWAYS. In FIFA 12, again they have kept the "Virtual Football Crown" in my mind and MANY others. All the new mechanisms work, and work well. From dribbling to tackling, everything almost seems perfect with new Precision Dribbling and Player Impact Engine. New game modes are AMAZING, and you can almost never be bored of the game. You can go watch (for example) Manchester United vs Chelsea, and then go replay the game on FIFA with new challenges that come out EVERYDAY from the EA Sports team. Albeit there are many glitches (mostly freezing), FIFA 12 is a complete necessity to all football/soccer fans, players, and anywhere in between. Expand

1. Jan 3, 2012
    It's by far the most realistic football title on the market and there are plenty of game modes to keep players entertained. FIFA 12 is a must own title for football fans who will no doubt be playing up until the next instalment.
  2. This year's game plays ultra-slick. [Dec 2011, p.104]
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    FIFA 12 takes realism to an all-time high in sports games. The innovative changes in gameplay mechanics, much needed changes to career mode, and additional online modes makes this one of the most complete FIFA packages to date. If you're a true football fan, you'd be remiss to pass up FIFA 12 - even if you own FIFA 11.