7.3

1. Mar 2, 2011
    A Truly Great Sequel. Improved Graphics, Gameplay And Physics. The New Champion Mode May Feel Shallow At Times, But It's A Great New Addition To The Series. This Game Is A Must Buy For Every Fan Of The Series.
  2. Mar 4, 2011
    Now i'm not a boxing fan but picked up the last night Fight Night Round 4 when I purchased a new console. I downloaded the demo of Champion and it just felt different. Much more snappy and responsive. I pre-ordered and received Champion a day before release and played it for about 3 hours. I am totally blown away with this release. Everything feels just right. Much quicker response wise and the graphics do feel much more polished. The deformation of the characters are brilliant and with the blood effects included for good measure things are clear cut :). I've not played it online just yet but the concept of Gyms are a welcome edition. I am around 2 hours through the Champion story mode which is a great edition. Maybe not being an avid fight fan helps me enjoy this game more than others who have left a review on meta. Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2011
    Champion Mode is a great addition to the series and an exciting development for the sports game enthusiast. A story that pulls you along and gets you into the game. Outstanding graphics and gameplay. New controls that make it easier to start fighting and every animation in the game looks 100 times better. This is the best boxing game in the series. Hands down.
  4. May 21, 2011
    This game is great. It's a fun enjoyable experience for one to play with alone but it's much more fun with friends. The roster in this game is great with many famous faces as well as downloading boxers and creating your own. The champion mode is really fun and I found it enjoyable throughout. The legacy mode is great and gives you hours of time on your road to becoming the Greatest of All Time. I haven't played much online but it seems solid and I've had a few good fights on it. The game also holds a pretty sweet soundtrack. The AI seems to be the problem at the moment. It seems that it can be really dumb at times or way too hard to beat. Expand
  5. May 16, 2011
    Being an avid fan of boxing and video games,i say EA has done a good job of giving the player a sense of being in the ring. Whether you like total punch control, using the right analog stick, or just buttons in order to fight, the options to adjust controls are there. Once in the ring, the game appears latent until you realize the lag is apparently intentional. Button presses seem to be delayed in order to fine tune your attack/strategy. e.g. Unintentionally tap the jab button 4 times rapidly, and your character will continue to throw extra punches you may feel you didn't call for, when really 4 were input intentionally or out of panic. The punches in Champion feel solid when landing, and also demand respect depending on player used, power, stamina and/or countering with power modified* punch. Some will nitpick over minute details like static blood (pointless), and repetitive mechanics, but compare that to the performance and feel in the ring. Knockout animations are not great but are better than the last few iterations and the fights can be fought they way the player intends to. Unsure of your opponents skill or power and would rather score points and be evasive? Pick the right boxer and give it a go. Not all boxing matches are exciting to watch and frustrating an opponent into fighting sloppy is all apart of the game. Expand
  6. Dec 16, 2011
    Best online sports experience I've ever had. very robust online element. huge "legacy mode" keeps you busy off-line as well. flash knockdowns have never felt so real. catalog of fighters is extensive. if your a boxing fan, this is your game.
  7. Mar 11, 2011
    Amazing graphics, very good gameplay, improved controls and robust feature set. Champion Mode is an exciting new addition to the sports genre but Legacy Mode and online play are still a whole lot of fun. Still a little room for improvement, but easily the best Fight Night yet.
  8. Mar 16, 2011
    Best boxing game of all time, and the most well rounded simulation fighting experience on this generation of consoles. Champion mode sets a new direction for sports titles - tapping into the drama and emotion that we see in sports movies and combining that with world class simulation gameplay.
  9. Mar 21, 2011
    While like many sports games aren't really improved considering they're always released every year this one is no different. What is different however is its new story mode or as it's called champion mode. This is considered the biggest difference in the sports games. The story mixed with is well thought out and nearly perfect in regards of challenges except for one particular fight that may leave people infuriated--look at the blogs about why people are pissed off right now! The control scheme is improved for those who don't do to well with analog sticks as you can now strike with the punch of a button. No point in talking about graphics as fight night graphics is always good. Overall this game is a worthy purchase for those boxing fans as it now contains an extended roster of over 50 fighters and a brand new and surprisingly good story. Expand
  10. Mar 21, 2011
    Fight Night Champion is a good-ass game. Having not played Round 4, the leap from Round 3 to Champion is pretty damn crazy. The storyline mode they added is a nice diversion, but the best part of the game is the actual boxing. The stick controls have been dramatically improved, and the game looks and flows much better now. The motion blur makes fights look mad cool.
  11. Mar 16, 2012
    I used to box actively. And this game resembles boxing almost to perfection! :)
    You can move while punching. Lounge in with punches. Even throw overhands. :)
    You can even implement strategies like the real thing. (outside jab and move/bob weave to inside body shots etc.) So many possibilities! :)
    I've been playing this game locally with my boxing friends over, and we NEVER get bored with
    this.
    A real gem!
  12. Jan 18, 2014
    I really love this game. I have never wrote a review on a game before. But I had to write my review on this game. The reason why I love it so much, is because the story mode. I hope my review helps to make EA sports continue to make boxing games have a story mode to it. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was to short. Hopefully next time the story mode will be longer.this is the best boxing game ever. Expand

1. May 24, 2011
    Stunning visuals and a great champion mode make Fight Night Champion the best game in the series.
  2. May 2, 2011
    If you are a hardcore boxing fan and love grinding for stats and money and slowly rising up huge leaderboards then Fight Night Champion is probably the game for you, although from what I can tell, it doesn't really add anything to what you already had in Fight Night 4 other than the whole money thing. Sure, you can square off against 50+ licensed boxers, but for me, the big attraction was the cool story mode with enough blood and F-bombs to force a Mature rating. But even this gritty and realistic boxing story is only good for a few hours of violent fun, making Fight Night Champion a rental for casual boxers and a wait-for-budget-price upgrade for everyone else.
  3. Apr 28, 2011
    With a great new single-player mode, the addictive and engrossing Legacy gameplay, online Xbox Live matches, the usual collection of boxing's best fighters in history and the further enhancement of great gameplay and boxing physics, Fight Night Champion packs a punch of excellence as an undisputed champion of gaming greatness.