FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage Xbox 360

8.8

1. Jun 2, 2012
    My favorite racer and I've played a lot.
    If you like fun, non-anal racers a lot like burnout with amazing graphics and great offline mp this is for you. Single player is massive with lots of game modes.
    My son loves the party mode of flying the driver out of the window.
    Will be interested to see how Dirt showdown compares.
  2. Oct 25, 2010
    An underrated classic. Good graphics, great physics. The party games are insanely addictive and the core racing is solid too. An exceptional addition to the racing genre.
  3. MaikN
    Dec 7, 2009
    It's the best looking and smooth runnig Racing-Game ever. Fantastic!
  4. JimmyD.
    Jun 28, 2007
    I was not impressed at all. I think the game was flat-out boring. Rent it first before wasting your money.
  5. Dec 19, 2011
    If you've played FO2, you don't need FO2:UC. And why Bugbear go with Games for Window? Better play FlatOut1, FlatOut2, or FlatOut3. Or FlatOut Wii. Or FlatOut PSP. But not FlatOut2: Ultimate Carnage!
  6. Jun 10, 2013
    This game is good, I'll give it that. It's basically an expansion pack for FlatOut 2. The only reason why this game can't have a 9/10, is because LAN mode, for some reason, doesn't work properly.
  7. HankH
    Aug 10, 2008
    Not worth the money if you have played FlatOut2. If you havent' then it's a great game, as FlatOut2 was awesome already and this is identical but little tweaks in graphics (tracks are identical etc.).
  8. Nicolas
    Apr 30, 2008
    Great physics, great package of maps (larger than the first look might reveal), good car handling if you choose the right enhancements or cars. Very challenging when you try to top score your races. Definitely worth his price.
  9. JoeA.
    Oct 18, 2007
    One of the best racing games I've ever played, reminds me somewhat of good ol Carmageddon. Awesome graphics, good multiplayer, very fun single player.
  10. DanB.
    Jun 25, 2007
    Make no mistake this game is worth your money. It looks awesome, plays great and is very addictive. Yes it can be frustrating bit in a way that keeps you coming back to it time over. The sheer amount going on during races is incredible and it has brilliant online modes. Just play the destruction derby deathmatch mode (complete with powerups) and try to not smile continuously. Brilliant Make no mistake this game is worth your money. It looks awesome, plays great and is very addictive. Yes it can be frustrating bit in a way that keeps you coming back to it time over. The sheer amount going on during races is incredible and it has brilliant online modes. Just play the destruction derby deathmatch mode (complete with powerups) and try to not smile continuously. Brilliant game - up there with the cream of 360 racing titles - buy it. Expand
  11. AdamG.
    Sep 3, 2007
    This game is freaking brilliant. I played Forza 2 to death and grew tired of the online play (constant cheating and crashing out). Also I have never met a more uptight online community! I took the plunge and traded my copy of Forza at Game for £28, added the extra £1.99 and got my copy of Flatout Ultimate Carnage. I have not looked back since - this game is both fun and This game is freaking brilliant. I played Forza 2 to death and grew tired of the online play (constant cheating and crashing out). Also I have never met a more uptight online community! I took the plunge and traded my copy of Forza at Game for £28, added the extra £1.99 and got my copy of Flatout Ultimate Carnage. I have not looked back since - this game is both fun and challenging, the online experience is great! BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  12. ChrisB.
    Jun 23, 2007
    You simply must own this game. Trade in your grandmother if you have to! I love Forza 2, but I had more fun on one lap of Flatout than I've had in my whole time with Forza (and, unlike Forza people online don't moan if you give them a little 'nudge'!) Quite simply a riot to play and all the better for not taking itself too seriously. If, like me, you think the Burnout You simply must own this game. Trade in your grandmother if you have to! I love Forza 2, but I had more fun on one lap of Flatout than I've had in my whole time with Forza (and, unlike Forza people online don't moan if you give them a little 'nudge'!) Quite simply a riot to play and all the better for not taking itself too seriously. If, like me, you think the Burnout series has lost its way (or even if you don't), I guarantee you will love it Expand
  13. IanC.
    Jun 24, 2007
    Really really really really really good! Fast, adrenaline fuelled, FUN, three different race classes, very interesting tracks design, innovative mini-games that involve hurling your driver through the windscreen for all sorts of reasons, and (almost as an aside to my amazement) it has the beautiful beautiful destruction derby bowls or carnage that I remember from my youth. This game plays Really really really really really good! Fast, adrenaline fuelled, FUN, three different race classes, very interesting tracks design, innovative mini-games that involve hurling your driver through the windscreen for all sorts of reasons, and (almost as an aside to my amazement) it has the beautiful beautiful destruction derby bowls or carnage that I remember from my youth. This game plays like a dream both on and off line, if you even nearly like driving games you need this. My copy of DiRT became instantly obsolete, Flatout UC is my new obsession. Expand
  14. MattiP.
    Jun 24, 2007
    This thing is what consoles are made for, pure multiplayer fun. Incredible eye-candy too.
  15. M0nK3YC4Rn4GE
    Jun 26, 2007
    This game is the perfect antidote for too many hours worried about tyre pressures and weight distribution in Forza 2!! True, it's old school in design (I thought it was a bit like Mario Kart meets The Dukes of Hazard), BUT WHAT FUN!! For those of you who actually like the techy side of Forza, here's the science bit: 12 CARS divided by 8000 TRACKSIDE OBJECTS plus NITRO = TOTAL This game is the perfect antidote for too many hours worried about tyre pressures and weight distribution in Forza 2!! True, it's old school in design (I thought it was a bit like Mario Kart meets The Dukes of Hazard), BUT WHAT FUN!! For those of you who actually like the techy side of Forza, here's the science bit: 12 CARS divided by 8000 TRACKSIDE OBJECTS plus NITRO = TOTAL CARNAGE!! You owe it to yourself to pick a copy of the best looking, most fun racing game yet available on the Xbox 360!! Expand
  16. AaronB
    Jun 26, 2007
    1Up's review was the only one available on Friday. Bought it anyway- its only £35. This is as good as DIRT- which is stunning, or FORZA 2 (I gave Forza a 10- DIRT will get a 10 as well when I get round to writing my comments on that game) Flatout is without a doubt the 'gravy' for any 360 owner who already has the 'meat'- Forza2. and the 'veg'- 1Up's review was the only one available on Friday. Bought it anyway- its only £35. This is as good as DIRT- which is stunning, or FORZA 2 (I gave Forza a 10- DIRT will get a 10 as well when I get round to writing my comments on that game) Flatout is without a doubt the 'gravy' for any 360 owner who already has the 'meat'- Forza2. and the 'veg'- Dirt. Flatout handles superbly, looks as good as Dirt, if not better in some ways and the alternative styles of racing are superb. THIS GAME DESERVES TO BE NEAR THE TOP OF METACRITIC'S ALL TIME HIGH SCORES. ITS THAT GOOD. THANKYOU BUGBEAR and EMPIRE. I now have a box of tissues next to my 360 : ) You will not need another driving game if you own these 3. Expand
  17. NielsT.
    Jul 9, 2007
    FlatOut: UC, is the best arcade racer on the Xbox 360, no doubt. Nice graphics, brilliant design, plenty of things to do, and so goes on. But, after all it's the same flatout i've been playing in 3 years.
  18. Andyman
    Nov 28, 2007
    Yeah OK, so it's more than a little similar to FlatOut 2 on the original Xbox (some might even say this is just FlatOut 2.5, but hey). So its career progression hasn't evolved much either. So its CPU racers are still more than a little cheap. Yeah, so frickin' what! The point of FlatOut (in case you missed it) is to race and cause as much mayhem as possible and well... the Yeah OK, so it's more than a little similar to FlatOut 2 on the original Xbox (some might even say this is just FlatOut 2.5, but hey). So its career progression hasn't evolved much either. So its CPU racers are still more than a little cheap. Yeah, so frickin' what! The point of FlatOut (in case you missed it) is to race and cause as much mayhem as possible and well... the graphics powerhouse that is the Xbox 360 delivers that mayhem easily 5x the amount seen in FO1 and 2. The aforementioned lack of innovation is the only thing keeping this game from a perfect 10. Yes, really. Oh, and you really should play this game online for the full experience. Expand
  19. DarrenB.
    Jun 21, 2007
    Crashtastic!
  20. AnttiK.
    Jun 25, 2007
    This is really better than earlier versions of Flatout-serie. Great animation of flying objects, one of the best racing feeling in games, the real Motorstorm-beater (I have both games).
  21. JarnoK.
    Jun 27, 2007
    This game just f*ing roxx. Best nextgen racing absolutely! Even better than motorstorm and i really mean it.
  22. ScottZ
    Jun 27, 2007
    This game is THE BEST ARCADE RACER on Xbox 360. It looks great, feels great, and is absolutely brilliant. In my opinion, better than DiRT. The mini-games are hilarious. A total suprise. This deserves at least a 90 average vote when all is said and done. Thanks Bugbear and Empire!
  23. SteveB
    Jun 28, 2007
    This game is FUN, FUN, FUN. I bought Dirt a couple of weeks ago but this is much better. It's far more accessible and they have got the wheel setup just right! Highly recommended... you will not be disappointed.
  24. Dusty.L
    Aug 27, 2007
    This has to be the best Racer (arcade) on the xbox 360 for on and off line play, I haven
  25. JB
    Dec 29, 2007
    Best, great fun and most underated, longest lasting racing game yet.
  26. ZacM
    Nov 13, 2008
    Best racing game on the XBOX 360, if any you like the old Burnouts before then went open world and all 'EA' silly this game is for you, but even more fun. Stick with it, its hard at first then just gets amazing. The AI is not that bad really, good enough to have a fight with. Its also an amazing technical feat.
  27. AdeK
    Dec 18, 2009
    6/10 single player, but 9.5/10 online, the most fun this side of modern warfare online
  28. Mar 8, 2017
    Absolute incredible Racing game and the definitive version of Flatout 2. FlatOut UC is fun, frantic, intense and fluid in both design and game play. It has an incredibly fun campaign and arcade mode as well as a very competitive online. The tracks are very well designed featuring lots of minor detail, multiple paths, shortcuts and destructible objects/pathways. The game which is built onAbsolute incredible Racing game and the definitive version of Flatout 2. FlatOut UC is fun, frantic, intense and fluid in both design and game play. It has an incredibly fun campaign and arcade mode as well as a very competitive online. The tracks are very well designed featuring lots of minor detail, multiple paths, shortcuts and destructible objects/pathways. The game which is built on destruction, does everything it intends to. You must play this game! Expand

1. The graphics are mediocre in this next-gen world. The environments are nice enough, but the framerate is still a little choppy when compared with the slick polish of PGR 4 or Forza.
  2. Kind of a Burnout Lite and slightly more fun than frustrating. Minigames hit that exact right "just one more" sweetspot that'll keep gamers playing long after they meant to stop.
  3. If you can't get a sick sense of joy from using a man as a stone in a stone skimming competition, making him convulse as he bounces off the water's surface, what kind of mentally deranged person are you?