8.3

1. Oct 26, 2012
    Forza is getting real Forza Motorsport is about cars, racing and is serious This, is about cars, musics, driver and fun! If you want a game that you can spend a long time on and have fun. This is the deal. One thing to point out is that, I hate people judging the game on rather if there are DLC or not. At last, I will give this game a solid 10. I now have to get some rest after playing this non-stop for five hours... Expand
  2. Oct 30, 2012
    A NICE DAY OFF WORK!
    My title of the review says it all. People should take Forza Horizon for what its ment to be... FUN!
    It really is like a nice day off work, after a hard shift at (WORK) on Forza 4, between trying to knock 100th of a second off a lap time, or changing a setup on a car because the rebound on your rear suspension is too stiff, that coupled with the attack setting on the
    rear diff, its nice to play a racing game and not have to think too much or too hard and just relax. Forza Horizon (THE DAY OFF WORK) does just that....
    Fair enough some people might think the career is easy, turn the setting to insane and all driver aids off, see how easy it is now.
    People say "Its too arcadey"... it aint meant to be a like for like simulation. If it was it would just be Forza 4.5 or 5.
    People say its a "Dirt Clone" or a "Burnout Clone", does that not make every "Non simulation racing" game a clone of something? Or games in general just clones of something.
    Its rewarding, easy enough to get the hang of, but difficult to master. And most of all its gorgeously good looking fun to play, solo or online.
    My only stipulation is the music is abit chedder'ish. In saying that none of the music i would listen to anyway, but for all intents and purposes, it provides atmosphere and energy to an already high energy game.
    If you love cars, driving them fast, the idea of doing a 10 mile sprint down a motorway/highway in a Ferrari F50 or something similar or not as the case may be, the Forza Brand, but want a little something something like Forza 4 that doesnt take itself too serious. Forza Horizon could be the very thing for you.
    It aint perfect, nothing is, but for all the charm and fun to be seen and had, you'll forget about that and just enjoy the ride!
  3. Oct 23, 2012
    I have stopped playing Forza since part 2 since I wasn't a fan of so racers, but this game is awesome!!! I have been waiting for a racing game to top midnight club "
    Los Angelas and this is the game to do it. Great graphics fun races and the cars they chose are top notch. I played some multoplay and it is your normal racing mp with some extra fu. Things added to it. If you are looking for
    a racing game with upgrades and none of the crazy car settings then this is your game Expand
  4. Oct 28, 2012
    I'm very much enjoying this game! Comparing it to Forza 4 (seems the right thing to do), this wins in almost every way. Better graphics, better presentation, better progression - but with the same fantastic handling model backing it up! Dropping the progression system of Forza 4 works very much in this game's favour. Now, instead of navigating menus and selecting from various race and series types, you simply set your GPS to an event that is open, and drive to it. Wonderful fun, with the great physics that Forza has built over the years. If you can't be bothered to drive (it can take a few minutes to cross the map) you can open up way points as you travel, which can be teleported to (at a cost) from wherever you are. The presentation has moved away from serious racing sim territory, and into a camp that is very much Need for Speed's domain. Except Forza manages to pull it off (almost) without being too crass. The game opens up with you racing towards "Horizon", with only 10 spaces remaining to be included in the events. Of course, you just make it... and so begins your journey as the noobie of Horizon. Whilst driving about between events, you will be told of "barn finds" and given a general area to search. Some very cool old cars come out of this once you find them. You also find speed traps, and it is up to you to get the fastest speed through them - when you pass one, it records your speed, and compares it to your personal best AND the best speed of all your friends, encouraging a nice competition especially when a message flashes up saying "blahblah has beaten your speed camera record". Another exciting addition is the ability to play against ghosts of other players' best times on any course once you complete it. It could be someone on your friends list, or a complete stranger, but it's a lot of fun trying to best another's times in such a way (and it still allows you to do so with a Silver account, which is nice). I picked up the Wireless "speed wheel" today, after a couple of days of playing with a pad, and am pleased to confirm the wheel works wonderfully! When I'm trying to get a best time, or fastest speed through a speed camera, I will default to my pad, but for more casual races, the wheels is awesome, the game just works with it.

All in all this is a fantastic game, and whilst watered down in some respects, it is better for it. It's been billed as a spin off, and it certainly fills the gap until another "proper" Forza comes along.
  5. Nov 2, 2012
    Excelente juego, mucho mejor que el NFS MW criterion, eventos decabellados, autos detallados, buenos graficos, excelentes rivales etc Microsoft demostro que puede trascender su franquicia de una serie monotona a una mas emocionante de carreras callejeras
  6. Dec 1, 2012
    Loved this game. Can be as sim or arcady as you like - my preference is somewhere between. Also plays great with the wireless steering wheel. Gorgeous graphics, fantastic cars and scenery, races and progression are expertly set up - only bummer are the endless taunts you have to suffer from the game's characters before each race. Otherwise, my favourite racing game on console. A+!!!
  7. Jan 2, 2013
    EXCELLENT music, relaxed/less strict cornering, great points/XP to be earned at EVERY corner, overall a GREAT game. I have been playing Forza since Forza 2, and I know and love the simulation driving that it brings. With Horizon, there is a huge difference from the rest of the series, but even with my love of simulations driving/racing games, they have still done it justice. Yes it may be simpler, and less strict, but the driving challenge is still customizable with all the assists and everything, so I do not see others complaints. I play with a +70% Credit bonus with most assists off, and high difficulty, so the only other gripes I see is maybe the new "shortcuts" as in the NFS series, where the best line might not help you, and may hinder, but the drifting is much improved, there is traffic to avoid on the road, and there is still the great, critically acclaimed physics engine behind it all. It IS still Forza, street style, done right. The entire experience of the Horizon in game festival brings joy to my heart every time I drive main area. They have done a great job at immersing you into the experience, and that is a crucial point I look for. I will say, however, that I am a huge hater of DLC, especially the DLC that is ready at launch, but my copy came with the rally expansion pack for free(Thank you Amazon), and the rest of the DLC cars are minimal in price, and worth every penny. I am new to the XBox racing game, as I have been strictly a PC gamer, but oh my god, why did I not join sooner!? The entire Forza series is a wonder, a brilliant wonder, and I miss not being current with the rest of the series. Anyways, even if you are a hardcore Forza simulation guru and fanatic, do not shy away from this game, as it still offers the same great Forza experience, just keep in mind this version is not the track variety, and instead is based on street racing. Only the tracks really suffer, tbh. Overall, I definitely recommend this game to casual racer fans and simulation gamers alike. Expand
  8. Jan 3, 2013
    it's very good many new things great songs why not buy it nice cars nice places to race the game looks awesome it's a free rom if you love free rom racing games you will want to get this game (
  9. Jan 15, 2013
    I recall seeing rumors for this game popping up in the Forza 4 thread and instantly despising it once I saw the trailer. Being a fan of racing games, dumping many hours in Forza 3 and 4, and also a huge fan of EDM, it was like seeing them perverted and slapped together in some BS off year game. While I still hold strong on my position of the whole EDM center to the game, it held up on the racing side. If seeing a racer look so damn beautiful and remind me what it is like to drive a nice car through a beautiful part of the world wasn't enough, the gameplay was really fun. It held up extremely well to what I would expect from a Forza series and in some cases went beyond my expectations in providing something that a more "arcady" racer wouldn't necessarily require to please most of its fans. My favorite parts of the game were the point to point races that felt more like a reality than something like a circuit race. Being able to fly at 120mph on the edge of the cliff with the orange faces of Colorado's natural formations surrounding me or blazing down desert highways dodging commuter traffic at absurd speeds were really the staples of this game; these were the moments that kept me wanting more. There were definitely dull moments and a lot of the story, if you want to call it that, was exactly the same as NFS: Pro Street. I think the most surprising part for me was how much side stuff there was to do. When I first started playing I was annoyed by how far apart the races were and thinking about how much time I was going to spend over the course of the game driving in between events versus just choosing an event off a grid in Forza 4. Luckily the game soon unveils that you actually have an amazing amount of other stuff to do to pass the time and make those trips more fun. I equate it to interactive loading screens. Some of the downsides for me included not being able to swap my free roam car with ease or not being able to tune/upgrade without visiting the garage in the center of the map. I often found myself driving the same car in between events for each act of the game. So, I am pleased to say that Forza Horizon was the first game I completed in 2013, and if you are the kind of person who enjoys racing games (especially ones that are BEAUTIFUL), arcade or sim, this is absolutely worth dropping time into. Expand
  10. Oct 30, 2012
    Best car racing game since forza 4 , but in a very different way , more arcade, really beautiful game , hours of play, bad point is the multiplayer , no real free roaming with traffic for the moment
  11. Nov 1, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game. Everything made with top quality. Probably best racing game on current gen. Great colorful graphics, very stable performance and perfect physics. And stunning soundtrack.
  12. Nov 3, 2012
    Just played this game, very beautiful, very engaging, perfect usability design, excellent choice of music of various genres, love it! Lighting and overall presentation is gorgeous! Very fun to play, thanks for making this game M.S. you made my weeknights and weekends!
  13. Nov 6, 2012
    A release which surprised me. Arrived in silence, with little information, and able to create the atmosphere in the campaign as NFS and TDU never succeeded!
    Certainly one of the best racing games for console.
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    Best game ever made on one level with Criterion and Rockstar, real next-gen graphics and very detalied world in all moments, from cutscenes to track objects. Best soundtrack EVER inludes #1 hits from bands: Arctic Monkeys, Dizzie Rescal ft. DJ Fresh, Benny Benassi, Santigold and classics 80-90s New Order/The Stone Roses.
  15. Nov 28, 2012
    Since i picked this game up i cant put it down! Looks AMAZIN,alot better lookin than Forza 3 and 4, lots to see an do with simulator handlin and sim upgrades,decals,paint,wheels,turbos,suspension, everything from Forza 4 has been carried over, best open world racer and one of the best racing games ever!
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Wow! This sums up my experience with this game. Ive been playing forza series since forza3 and i was skeptical about this title at first. I actually enjoyed racing with the previous forza titles on tracks where corners and apex of every turn is hilighted. Horizon gives forza a more freeflow feel, i turned off the racing line completely because this game doesnt penalize u for taking shortcuts or cutting corners. Its just so much fun. A tip to put more fun and make it more challenging especially for forza vets is to turn off assist and switch to manual transmission. Assisst sometimes mess up your driving and make u slower. Having full control of your car with forza physics in an open beautiful world is just awesome. Get this game. Note that is one of the few games in metacritic with a user score approximating the critic score. Much respect to the dev. Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2013
    The game is so much cool 150 cars a smalest collection comparing with fm4 and its dont have the co op multiplayer but this game is really fantastic the graphics are so beautiful and the story is so perfect and the multiplayer was the same as fm4 but its so nice
  18. Mar 18, 2013
    This game is awesome, they introcued a new side series for Free-Roam in which made users travel around the city beating Racers on the Road to earn cash and also beat the Speed Cams. A amazing game this is.
  19. Sep 6, 2013
    Keep doing what you do best, as this shows clearly fine art. I have played this game since day 1, and I love it. A few minor details that have room for improvement even though the bar has been set so high because of this game.
    PROS: Beautiful scenic drives in different locations, real time traffic, great camera views, and good selection of cars
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on
    5.1/7.1 dolby, needs more depth, more projection from engine noise such as when your doing 120 mph through a section of buildings or even full throttle in a 500-1000 hp vehicle it would be extremely loud, sound waves bouncing off every object, and tons of commotion to where you cant think straight with a pair of Sennheisser or Turtle Beach PX51 headphones.
    Also more car selection like the older cars from previous games such as mazda 787b.
  20. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is awesome just awesome the best graphics ever and the cars are so life like it is insane. But finding the barn finds is pretty hard I think.
  21. Feb 17, 2014
    best game i've ever played on my xbox 360 so realistic, when you've got xbox live you can get 193 cars and the most legany car on the planet is in the offline gameplay. lots of dlc cars to download and car packs ect, rally pack witch is deffantly worth the £13.67 you get 5 diffrent cars to start off with and lots of different parts for when making a rally car. GET IT
  22. Nov 6, 2012
    A breath of fresh air for the series and one that should appeal to fans old and new, Forza Horizon may have toned down on the realism but the open world environment and host of quirky ideas more than make up for any discrepancies. This is a racing game that has plenty under the hood, and leaves you wanting one more shot at racing glory.
  23. Jan 6, 2013
    Forza was getting stale. Circuit based racing that has been done to death in the franchise full of exotic exports and authentic driving experiences. The restrictions were too tight it seems, as Playground Games have stripped out all the senses of confinement and given us a stunning naturalistic landscape to race around in. Red rocking canyons, long stretches of road and valleys tearing through the countryside with mountains gleaning in the backgrounds. The lack of changing weather systems and varied terrain are slight dents in the bodywork, but bringing Forza to the open world is a successful experiment that is due to a repeat trip. Expand
  24. Oct 28, 2012
    Forza Horizon does feel a bit like NFS (it did remind me Underground 2 actually). The game is pretty solid. I only experienced the single player mode, fully cleared it in 14 hours of gameplay and well I had fun from the first minute to the last.

The "plot" is something we all seen already (noob driver with no car & cash climbing the popularity ladder and eventually becoming the
    champion). Races are fun and the variety of car/challenge makes you never bored. I really loved the OST (Nero, Mord Fustang, etc.)

The "grind" isn't endless and you can see straight after couple hours than the end isn't far. I don't really like playing racing game where grinding EXP/cash/championships take months. At least here you see the end of the tunnel, and that's what kept me motivated to clear the game.

A solid 9/10.
  25. Oct 25, 2012
    Even if this game was only Forza Motorsport set on the open road, this would have been a success. The game is much more than that. It is a fun experience in its own right and a welcome first entry into what hopefully becomes a new franchise.
  26. Nov 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great addition to the pile of racing games on the 360. Addictive is the word that comes to mind. Take the good bits from other games, add them together but give them a slightly different overall spin and you have one awesome game. I can only compare it to Most Wanted 2012 since their release is so close. Well the user scores here tell the story. Great graphics in Horizon compared to MW. Both games need more character in the AI people you race against but at least in Horizon there is some character there. Only one game says play me and that is even after all achievements earnt and that is Horizon. It is now my view that Forza is the name on the top 2 racing franchises - NFS and Burnout beaten at first attempt and I say again look at the user scores for confirmation of this. This is an awesome game with an awesome list of cars and awesome rivals mode. Expand
  27. Nov 3, 2012
    Best racing game of the year? yes. This game is everything you are expecting and though it may not be perfect (at least let us tune the gears playground...) beyond that it is exactly what we have been waiting for since Forza first came out... a.k.a. open world Forza. Those who say that the game feels more arcade like than other Forza games, check your difficulty and turn the driving to simulation. What can you expect? Paint shop, garage, customization, online racing, storefront, and forza physics are all still there. What more do you want? Great game, hope to see more from this playground / turn 10 partnership in the future. Expand
  28. Nov 7, 2012
    Not as jawdroppingly gorgeous as Forza Motorsport 4, but an amazing and fun open world racer that puts its competition to shame. Cars are still beautiful and lovingly recreated, but the real draw for this game is the physics engine, which makes most other racing games feel so unrealistic by comparison. For me, Forza is the pinnacle of the racing genre and Horizon is an open world Forza game. At times, the game nags you to participate in particular races or spend real life money to buy things you can earn in game, but I'm able to ignore that crap and revel in the amazing Colorado world that Horizon offers. Expand
  29. Nov 8, 2012
    Thought this would be a nice addition to the Forza franchise but is a game of it's own, It's TDU2 done like I wanted it to be. No tuning but I'm not that good of a tuner anyway and tired to losing to those that are (the same guys I share my paints with but don't share their tunes...grrr) The online racing is a blast and love Virus and King. Only drawback is not enough cars but that will change as time goes on. Can't wait for Horizon II......used to play FORZA4 daily, haven't touched it since I got Horizon. Expand
  30. Nov 19, 2012
    After owning and selling 2 Xbox 360's now i thought i had had enough of the Microsoft console, preferring the slicker graphics and general nerdiness of a PC rig. That was until this game was released...and being an avid fan of the Forza series i succumed to the purchase of my 3rd Xbox 360. So far i have not been disapointed with my decidion, Horizon is everything i was expecting and in places a little more. Having played the new NFS: Most wanted title before getting my hands on Horizon i was genuinely shocked and pleasently surprised by the graphcis, options, feel of cars and attention to detail you get with Horizon. Cars still portray some of the traits from the Forza Motorsport handling models, providing a solid, grounded yet more forgiving feel when hurtling around the country roads in Horizon. The open world take on the Forza game is a welcome addition with tracks, roads and short cuts providing an excellent playground for the generous car list provided by the Turn 10 team. I am only about 2 hours into the game and continue to be enthralled and surprised by what is thrown at me in this game, but from Turn 10 should i expect anything else? Expand
  31. Aug 6, 2013
    this game is fantastic! reminds me of need for speed underground last generation but with a huge open world and a tonne of great cars. graphically the game is great and the environments and cars have that great feel. the difficulty of the game can be adjusted in a number of ways to ensure the game is never to hard or to easy. throw in a tonne of customization abilities, many racing modes and open world events such as random challenges, barnyard cars and speed cameras this game has a lot of content. Expand
  32. Nov 24, 2012
    What an amazing game. Somehow they have managed to merge best parts of free roam racing games and the fantastic simulation of forza games into one. In singleplayer there is so much to do and none of it is tedious like other games can be. The cars drive really well (as expected). This game is a must have. The online is the weak link, however and that is why I am giving it a 9 and not a 10.
  33. Nov 1, 2012
    Very good solid racing game. The controls are tight, realistic, and the engine has very few hiccups. Car selection is good, but I wish some of the cars from Forza 4 made it into the game. Open world is a really nice touch, great looking world with a good looking day to night cycle. Good music selection, with Bass Arena (Dubstep, Dance, House), Pulse (Alternative, Pop) and Rocks (music in name) station. AI is intelligent, as always. Vinyl editor is a nice distraction, I wish you could buy other peoples "stamps" (images they created already), not just entire vinyls. Showtime events are a good replacement for the usual checkpoint type races of the genre. Instead of just racing against a clock, you're racing against a plane/helicopter/hot-air ballon. Much more interesting. Barn find cars are mostly useless(50s race cars aren't generally good against modern cars), but still nice to have. Glad I spent the money, well worth it! Expand
  34. Oct 28, 2012
    Been playing Forza over the weekend and although this is an early review, I reckon it's one of the best driving games out there. I sort of got bored with previous Forza games but there is enough variety of race types and locations to make this one very interesting. The developers should win an award for the graphical design in this game, for a console the graphics are excellent and they fly along at a consistent frame rate and I've yet to see any slow down, even at night. The music is one of the things that I love about this game, a good range of tunes on the radio stations and nice to hear The Stone Roses when I'm drifting my Lambo Countach. The handling is superb and the range of cars make this a driving game for car lovers. It's easily my favourite driving game of this generation with some cracking DLC to come, including rally.
    The open road aspect in single player is a little empty but if you find enough places to jump, spin, drift of overtake, it's a lot of fun. Currently I'm driving classic Beetle with a supercharger!
    The only reason this game is an 9 is the fact that I can side swipe a fence but I get stuck up against a little bush. That sort of stuff grates after a bit. Top game with some nice classic cars and the best looking driving game to ever grace a console. Now bring on Most Wanted!
  35. Oct 23, 2012
    Forza Horizon is def worth buying! The graphics are amazing the cars are so life like and the gameplay is truely realistic and fun! This is one of the best racing games ive played, and ive played mostly all of them. The controls are very easy to learn, and did I say the graphics are amazing you will be blown away I just cant say it enough it's something you have to see to believe how amazing they are. There are also the online modes. Rivals mode lets you win extra bounty by beating the ghosts of friends and other players and should be familiar to those of you who Expand
  36. Dec 2, 2012
    I just purchased this game on black Friday for 15$, and let me tell you it was well worth it. I am usually a little skeptical when it comes to racing games because I want one that is fun but not too arcade like and also one that is realistic but not simulation. This for me was the perfect mix of the two. It takes a lot from what was great in Forza 4 and just makes it a little more arcade like with better drifting. The vehicle customization is immersive and deep as you would expect from a Forza game, and the car clubs are back and still as fun as before. The online play is your standard fair for a racing game, but they also have playground play lists like infection, and cat and mouse etc. I had a lot of fun playing with friends online and its interesting because every time you rank up, you get a lottery and you can win anything from 4500 credits, to a new car, or even one million credits. Overall the atmosphere is pleasing, the mechanics are top notch, the customization is great, and the overall presentation is very well done. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes a little arcade flavor with their racing games. Expand
  37. Oct 27, 2012
    Forza Horizon Is a Fresh Racing Hybrid, A Mixture of Arcade and Simulation. Not only Is Forza Horizon Graphically stunning but The In game's Soundtrack Is Amazing! A great mixture Indeed! The Radio Station's DJ's Presented In the game are lively...It really make you feel like your In your Car Experiencing Colorado at High Speed. Nevertheless Forza Horizon Is pure Fun!! and a much needed turn around In the franchise taken by Turn10. Also When compared to Need For Speed...It's like Apples and Oranges. EA's Need for Speed needs to definitely take some notes!! Expand
  38. Nov 14, 2012
    This game really has no right to be this good. No cops, no crazy jumps, no driving off the track in an open world racer. Yet here I am wondering if this is the best racer I have played this generation. Could be. But finding something to compare it too is a little hard. It isn't really like Forza 4 or GT5 but it isn't quite Burnout either. The cars control as arcade or as sim as you want so you basically get the best of both worlds. You have standard races, 1 on 1 races, glorified time trials racing against planes and hot air balloons, sections where you just try and hit top speeds, signs to destroy for discounts, old cars called barn finds to discover hidden in the world (Supposed to be Colorado and does a decent job of doing it), and Forza 4's insane livery / car details system. But it is all kept in realism so maybe it is a tad too safe for a system with 3 Forza's and 2 Project Gotham's. The cars look great bit not quite up to Forza 4's levels plus there are not quite as many to choose from. It also runs at 30 fps instead of 60. And when you see it you will know why. It looks incredible and some of the cars are so fast it looks like the road textures are moving backwards! Great variety in racing terrain as well. Dirt, mud, street, gravel. It is all here and most races require you driving on more than one. It has the best lighting engine in any racer by far, a sweet day to night cycle, and very little pop-in. And these tracks are insanely detailed. Nothing is better than driving through the forest and seeing the lights from a nearby town or better yet, the Horizon Festival in the background. It is a looker and one of the best looking console games out period. Speaking of the festival that counts as your hub for all things racing. Your garage, upgrades, all done there. There is somewhat of a story to it but I lost interest in it. Needless to say the music was decent enough that I did not load up my hard drive music to turn it off. The story did do a good job on how you earn the wrist bands, which in actuality just opens up more tracks. If you have a 360 and like racers there is no reason not to pick this up. It is probably the best racing game out, and since racing is usually my favorite genre, that is saying something. Expand
  39. Nov 14, 2012
    Just you and your favorite car against the open environment Colorado. This day and night cycle open world offers you something that you don't see in many racing games. It still has the physics from Forza but has an added twist from Turn 10. Though the game is not entirely simulation like you see in the Forza series it has a lot to bring to the table. Graphics are fantastic as always and driving terrain consists of long open roads to hairpin turns through the mountains. This game is a celebration of cars and the world of racing. I highly recommend it to any of you car enthusiast out there as well as thrill seekers. Expand
  40. Nov 22, 2012
    forza horizon is a compilation of great ideas motoring, is all that need for speed should be. The plot attractive, the huge amount of cars, the open world. And all the main features of the series, such as sound, gameplay, beautiful graphics, etc ...
  41. Nov 28, 2012
    What do you get when you take a bunch of Brits who worked on such game series like Project Gotham Racing,Colin Mcrae, DIRT, GRID, BLUR and others? You get a new British developer named Play Ground Games and a great game named Forza Horizon is what! I enjoyed previous Forza games but there was a lot that i didn't like about them...1.Driving round the same track for more than 3 laps bores me. 2.The backround graphics looked terrible,buildings and trees etc just looked poo! 3.The music in them was terrible. Forza Horizon ditches race tracks for a big open world set in Colorado US...now let me tell you...this game looks incredible, the backround graphics are much much better than previous Forzas and the whole game is not only one of the best graphical racing games, it's also one of the best graphical games out there on console.The closest thing to compare it to graphicaly is Criterion Games Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 which also looks amazing.The locations are very varied and similar too,from deserts to forests to cities to small towns.The new day/night lighting cycle is very impressive,suns sets and rises with bursts of light from behind snowy mountains and through trees,as flocks of birds take to the skys and Autumn leaves gently fall from the trees,while the Horizon festival lights up the sky with lots of lights lasers and fireworks,it all looks impressive. There are around 140 cars on offer with many more to download, graphically the cars are all great but a mixed bunch, what i mean by this is some of the cars (The main big boys like the Ferrari 458 Italia etc) look just like in Forza 4, while others are around 85-95% as good looking as Forza 4's. Think of the cars in Need For Speed The Run and Forza 4...well their inbetween the 2, better looking than The Runs but not quite as good as Forza 4's...so the cars look great and the change doesnt stick out like a sore thumb at all,the whole thing blends real well.The traffic on the road looks very good just like it did in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010,lots of real world traffic cars,vans and lorrys driving around the open world.Selecting cars in the show room look 90 to 95% as good as Forza 4, but the new lighting system looks better with light reflecting off the cars and even the lighting rigs on the shoowroom roof reflecting in the windscreen etc. Theres an overwhelming ammount to do in Forza Horizon, lots of varied events and things to do from racing on and off road,racing planes,hot air balloons,sprint races,track races,street races and more.Also every now and again 'Barn finds' will be announced over one of the radio stations, basically you have to find a barns that have old run down cars in them so an old guy can fix them up for you to keep or sell.Handling is very much like Forza 4 with just a dashing of Race Driver GRID in there + you get to select different modes like Simulator,assisted or customize your own just like in Forza 4, its all there the same as simulator upgrades takn straight from Forza 4, add turbos,suspension,body kits,decals,change the paint,wheels,everything from Forza 4 is in here to keep the simulator fans happy. There are many different road surfaces on and off road and all of them feel different and a pleaure to drive on. The music is much better than previous Forza games, this time the famous British Electro duo Chase & Status have put together over 60 different artists across 3 stations. Lots of house,dance,electro,dub step,drum and base which all the Europeans will love, It also has a diverse selection of Rock and lots of remixes of of indie festival favorites. The radio is alos alive with different radio DJ's talking about random funny stuff and giving you updates on all kinds of things from barn finds,to latest racing news,whos cool and whos not,whos challenging and inviting who to events and talk about random celebrities at the Horizon festival, so the radio stations feel alive the whole time and never get boring.For fans of the cheesie stories and high end custcenes in the Need For Speed Undergound and Most Wanted 2005 series, you will love Horizon as it has all these and a story to it,hot girls,other racers challenging you an smack talkin,weird an wonderfull celebrities,old wise men who fix up your cars while offering you advice and educating you a bit on the classic barn find cars, theres plenty of all that in Horizon and its all done well and looks great. Neat little touches where men and hot girls stand in the middle of the road with flares to start some street races or neon flares shooting up in the sky to start a race before landing in the middle of the road and fizzling out,and fireworks and conffetti as you cross the finish line. I think its the best Forza in the series as i love open world racers (and no im not a kid! Ive noticed simulator fans saying that Horizon is for kids,im 30),add that to its amazing graphics,great music and overwhelming content and you have one of the best racing games ever made. Expand
  42. Nov 20, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, especially for an open world game. Perfect blend of Forza quality driving with open world freedom and small arcade-like additions such as skill points for agressive driving. Single player was highly addictive for me and I enjoyed every minute of it. Great music selection and integration of in-game radio. I enjoyed the multiplayer and play it quite a bit but I do with it had more depth. Possibly more game types and many more online statistics. Expand
  43. Dec 2, 2012
    Ba ba ba ba baaaa im lovin it! This is great fun and looks amazeballs, seriously the graphics made me do a little bit of a sex wee in my pants. The music and Grand Theft Auto style radio stations are cool too! Well done Play Ground Games, a job well done. *salutes you*
  44. Dec 27, 2012
    This is supposed to be just a spin off , but I didn't realize that it maybe be pne of the best race games i've played, but it is not just an arcade game it is a mesh-up off arcade and simulators, and that is the bad point of this game.It is too realistic!. You accelerate and the car dont go like the NFS, you have to pratice the control of the car becouse it's too hard to control fast cars. But it is too the best point of the game, you can feel like a racer, you take a Ferrari and accelerate to 300Km/h and you feel the volocity of the car, and if you play in first person camera the experience of the being raring is too nice. So its a game that if you like real experience but an open world to explore, and the feel of be free in an simulator this game is for you. Expand
  45. Jan 2, 2013
    (review em pt-br aki) Gostei muito do jogo, ótima trilha sonora, bom gameplay. Na minha opinão só peca um pouco em ser arcade e se você bater a 300km/h em uma árvore nada acontecer(só amassar um pouco). Pode ser também que enjoe de jogar, pois acabando as corridas não tem muito mais coisa para fazer. Mas é muito recomedável sim e da pra divertir legal, além de a trilha sonora ser maravilhosa. Fls galera! Expand
  46. Mar 27, 2013
    So first look into horizon, I'd have to say the only negative complaints are this. There's no split screen multiplayer, and the sound of some of the cars (You're reading a review from a gearhead, keep in mind) aren't very accurate. It almost appears like the FH team focused on the big, expensive cars more than the little ones. Of course, the Pagani Huayra was straight on cue, but the smaller, slower cars aren't given as much love! Other than that, still my favorite racing game, just as good as FM 4, but in a completely different perspective. The only thing I wish I could fix is the noise and the multiplayer features. Expand
  47. May 18, 2013
    Exactly what IGN said. 'It's the game we've been taught not to expect'. Great map, great cars, great detail, overall the game works amazingly. Only bad thing I would say is how they approach thew DLC. It's good, but only 6 cars for 400MSP is a bit bad. People complain about a small car list, but c'mon. How many games nowadays have 140 cars? With a lot of them being great cars, and not 50 odd Nissans and Hondas.
    The game was short, around 15-20 to complete, but there was still stuff to do after you finish. And that was improved apon even more with the free 1000 club expansion.
    Amazing game
  48. Dec 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is really nothing wrong with Forza Horizon but they do need to update the game and put a 2006 or 2007 Chevy Corvette Z06 and a McLaren P1 and maybe more race events Expand
  49. Dec 19, 2013
    Forza Horizon is a great game. A beautiful open world that immerses you combined with strong racing elements makes for a breath-taking experience. The barn finds in the game, also, are extremely enjoyable.
  50. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Turn10 has done it again with Horizon.forget about any other racing game including need for speed.the cars look,sound,and drive amazing and realistic more than you can say for most other car games.while its still street racing it is some what proffesional and organized.upgrading of cars going deeper that i've ever seen i can modify my audi rs4 to a R8 motor its just awesome.there's only 2 minor flaws i found with the game.1 no tuning of the cars wich i tapicaly like and.2 decals and vynals are a bit poor.but otherwise awesome. FORZA rules Expand
  51. Jan 17, 2013
    Great stuff, lots of diversity in the races, runs very smooth for 30hz. It''s good to look at as a companion to FM4 - it's frivolous but probably more fun, just less intense - so it depends what you're in the mood for. It's technically remarkable, kudos to the devs. To put handling like this in an open world sets a precedent. All the hip urban festival stuff is bulls**t, but it doesn't detract from the quality of the game. Collapse

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Forza Horizon is not simply a great racing game; it’s a great game in general. From the handling to the visuals and sound, from the tweaking to the reward system, Horizon has everything it needs to be an enjoyable time. It may lack the challenge and depth that fans of the core Forza series know and love but if you’ve admired the Forza Motorsport games from a distance (like me) then do yourself a favor and play this amazing game.
    Valiant and almost flawless effort to bring more arcade elements into the serious Forza games offers more than any other competition. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Like a real party Forza Horizon can entertain you for hours. The game offers variation in both the singleplayer and multiplayer modes and looks fantastic. The soundtrack just completes it. Despite a few flaws the franchise took a turn that proves to be good for newcomers, but also great for the fanbase. You can't miss out on this party.