Forza Motorsport 4 Xbox 360

8.2

1. Dec 27, 2011
    The best racing game I ever played, beat GT5 at all. Great in every way, but Kinect ..... Epic Fail Microsoft. The device only served to get the achievement but to play, was not able to reproduce the feeling of driving.
  2. Feb 8, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters. Look to your left and notice how there is not a single negative of mediocre review from a proffesional source. That's because Forza 4 is the best racing game ever released. I love it and so will you. The difficulty can be scaled from very easy to very realistic and with a more than ample selection of cars that can be fully modified and painted you will not getDon't listen to the haters. Look to your left and notice how there is not a single negative of mediocre review from a proffesional source. That's because Forza 4 is the best racing game ever released. I love it and so will you. The difficulty can be scaled from very easy to very realistic and with a more than ample selection of cars that can be fully modified and painted you will not get bored quickly. The highlight of this game is that all custom paints and tuning setups can be shared online meaning so even if you suck at that sort of thing you can easily aquire the best. On the other hand if you are good you can make some game credits out of it. Don't belive all the BS about the racing experience not being realistic or engaging. I for one have spent plenty of time on the track in real life and it's good enough for me. It regularly has me on the edge of my seat and gives me the feeling that I'm controlling something with real life weight and handling. Need for speed it aint. Expand
  3. Feb 26, 2012
    A Great Game!! Looks great, the best looking racing game out there! Incredibly fun. Everything about this game in nearly flawless! The Kinect functionality was pretty cool! Hands down one of the best racing games out there! A must buy game! The online community is fantastic, and overall this game is a complete package!
  4. Oct 17, 2012
    Great game, having a lot of fun trying out all the different cars and racing on all the cool looking tracks. Best racing game for a long time. Guaranteed fun. 9/10
  5. Nov 24, 2012
    This is the first ten I am giving to a game with several glaring flaws, and I will address these faults immediately. First, and most maddening, is the idiotic AI that has lost the ability to start a race, drive in tight formation, and recognize a passing vehicle as a solid object. Many times, while driving side by side, the computer will simply turn into me and not stopped until they areThis is the first ten I am giving to a game with several glaring flaws, and I will address these faults immediately. First, and most maddening, is the idiotic AI that has lost the ability to start a race, drive in tight formation, and recognize a passing vehicle as a solid object. Many times, while driving side by side, the computer will simply turn into me and not stopped until they are back in the race line, often to the point of pushing me right off the track. How did Forza go from a brilliant, tough, precise AI (in the hardest settings) to this?
    Second issue I have is with a bugged audio system, where engine notes will get stuck or will cut out altogether for several seconds, both of which cause havoc you shift manually in the game and rely on that engine noise.
    My third, and final issue with this game, is a delay issue I am having that is getting worse and worse the more races I complete. After a race, as you select to see your winnings, the game jams, sometimes for as much as a minute, sound and video. I've cleared the cache, I've reinstalled the game, nothing works and it's getting worse the more I complete.

That's all the bad, and it would seem un-redeemable except for three incredible changes from Forza 3.

First, is the most brilliant racing physics engine ever devised, period. This is especially evident when you drive older cars with skinny tires and flexible bodies. Every car is an experience and different types of cars feel more different, so driving a variety of cars becomes more rewarding.

Second is the absolutely incredible variety of quality performance vehicles, from vintage Alfa Romeos to obscure modern supercars. Along with variety I'll also note that the car modelling seems to has also taken a large leap forward.

Thirdly, the addition of Topgear and Topgear personality Jeremy Clarkson takes this from being another car game to being THEE car game. From Clarkson's humorous takes in Autovista, to the topgear track, to some of the included cars in the game, the quality of presentation is greatly amplified by this partnership.

I can play no other car game without feeling that in some intangible (and sometimes very tangible) way, all other racing games have been rendered inferior.
  6. Aug 10, 2013
    This is in my opinion THE racing game for the Xbox 360. It seems every iteration of Forza Motorsport gets better and better, while keeping the core gameplay intact. The graphics are the best I've seen in this series yet, the controls are as fluid as ever, and the selection of cars and race tracks is mind-boggling. Difficulty adjustments can be tailored to your skill level, and depending onThis is in my opinion THE racing game for the Xbox 360. It seems every iteration of Forza Motorsport gets better and better, while keeping the core gameplay intact. The graphics are the best I've seen in this series yet, the controls are as fluid as ever, and the selection of cars and race tracks is mind-boggling. Difficulty adjustments can be tailored to your skill level, and depending on how you set it you can more or fewer credits when you play, which are then used to buy upgrades for your cars and of course new cars. You can also go to auctions to buy cars from other gamers, as well as buy tuning set-ups, decals and paint jobs. Online play could do with some balancing, though. Being pitted against the fastest cars every time is just unfair. Other than that, this is one of the best racing games I've played and, without a doubt, the best racing game on the 360 in my honest opinion. Expand
  7. Oct 18, 2012
    This is the best realistic driving simulator on the 360, if you are a car lover or a racing fan buy this game. With a ton of tracks and a **** load of cars spanning over 80 manufacturers there is a wide range of races to complete........ AMAZING !!!
  8. Oct 15, 2012
    Absolutely worth a 10, only a 9 because of the sheer fact I played Forza 3 and all the tracks felt copy and pasted aside from the Swiss Alps race track.
  9. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The improved visuals, the added cars on track, the wealth of new race types, the tweaked AI and closer racing, the ferocious sound and superior sense of speed, the even better livery editor, the lot. With Forza 4 Turn 10 has crafted a driving game like no other; it's hands-down this generation's premier racing simulator. Expand
  10. Jan 20, 2013
    This game deserves a far better rating than lousy 7.9! It destroys GT5 in almost every aspect and delivers one of the most realistic racing gameplay ever to be seen. Sad how a couple GT5 heros can sway the user rating.
  11. Jan 31, 2013
    I'm not usually a big fan of racing games, but Forza 4 is one of the best racing games I've seen and played. I played this game at a friends house and I really didn't expect much. I thought it might be a basic generic racing game. Boy was I wrong! Forza 4 has some of the best controls for a racing game and the graphics are to die for. I don't own the game this is just when I was at myI'm not usually a big fan of racing games, but Forza 4 is one of the best racing games I've seen and played. I played this game at a friends house and I really didn't expect much. I thought it might be a basic generic racing game. Boy was I wrong! Forza 4 has some of the best controls for a racing game and the graphics are to die for. I don't own the game this is just when I was at my friends house playing Forza almost none stop. Last there is like a mini campaign where you can race in many different counties. You can also rank up when you play this campaign. It is not exactly a story, but still a fun experience. I highly suggest you buy this game it will be worth your $60. Expand
  12. Feb 27, 2013
    Honestly the best racing flagship for the Xbox360. What a fantastic game that delivers everything in this game. I'm a huge fan of racing games ever since I was little. This game proves to be worthy successor to those familiar with racing games. If you are not interested into simulation, then this is not the game for you.This game has everything to do, from driving visually beautiful tracksHonestly the best racing flagship for the Xbox360. What a fantastic game that delivers everything in this game. I'm a huge fan of racing games ever since I was little. This game proves to be worthy successor to those familiar with racing games. If you are not interested into simulation, then this is not the game for you.This game has everything to do, from driving visually beautiful tracks to just adding a fresh coat of paint of your car. The tracks are all great as they are all real, tuning is extensive such as elevating tire pressure, gear/ratio adjustments, braking to be rough or smooth to ride height, suspension levels and many more. Upgrading is unique such as changing parts, stylish rims, engine swaps, andtires for street, race, and/or drift tires.The AI in this game can be really dumb at times like when they are in the lead and they crash. You can do everything from buying any model of cars(some are DLC), auctioning them, selling of course and many more. The online is very fun and even HAS SOCCER!!!! LOL What a great game and that this game is basically endless because their are way too many challenges to complete and will take you some time to complete...BUY THIS GAME ITS WORTH YOUR MONEY!!! Expand
  13. Feb 16, 2013
    Forza Motorsport 4 is personally my favourite racing game. Every car performs differently whether its due to your upgrades, chassis length or drivetrain. Very realistic right down to sound of the engine in all gears and to reflection of the sunlight as your driving.Single player is a blast. however I found multiplayer to be frusterating at times due to lack of care from other players notForza Motorsport 4 is personally my favourite racing game. Every car performs differently whether its due to your upgrades, chassis length or drivetrain. Very realistic right down to sound of the engine in all gears and to reflection of the sunlight as your driving.Single player is a blast. however I found multiplayer to be frusterating at times due to lack of care from other players not racing clean i.e bouncing off anything possible to get through the course) Another pet peeve is that in the VIP map pack few cars are actually worth having and VIP pass does not entitle you to all car packs. But in all great game and amazing competion online when done properly Expand
  14. Dec 6, 2014
    It's an extremely fun car game, to be specific. The game has beautiful cars and beautiful environments in which you'll find the track your about to tackle. Unlocks leave you feeling rewarded and driving around the Top Gear test track never gets old. Motorsport 4 deserves plenty of praise.
  15. May 31, 2013
    Well, Microsoft has created an opponent for the GT series, and i have to say, i Forza won! Why? Some people say: "F4 has arcade driving and physics, while GT..." MAN! Have you ever tried F4? Because it has a very good physics, physics like in real life. If you want to drift you have to learn first what is the best car for drift, AWD or RWD, you have to know the power of the engines andWell, Microsoft has created an opponent for the GT series, and i have to say, i Forza won! Why? Some people say: "F4 has arcade driving and physics, while GT..." MAN! Have you ever tried F4? Because it has a very good physics, physics like in real life. If you want to drift you have to learn first what is the best car for drift, AWD or RWD, you have to know the power of the engines and control them.
    But if you like racing you have a World Tour option, which gives you about ~30 hour gameplay, then you can take part in the Event List mode, which give you +100-150 hour gameplay. And you have the Rivals menu, where you can race against people around the world.
    F4 have multiplayer, but i don't like it, because dumb people can't take the collision off, and your opponent will knock you out like in burnout, or when you drifting and have a nice big score, somebody deliberately crash into you. I don't like multiplayer for that.
    Also, you have a local split-screen mode, you can race against your friend, but only with 2 maximum AI player :/

Anyway, i have to say this is one of the best racing game i have ever tried, and the DLC cars are coming regularly, and some car is f**king worth it, for example: Suzuki SX4 hillclimb version, Audi Quattro s1, Mazda 787b and so many other car. So if you like simulators, you have to try this!
  16. Aug 21, 2013
    I own both Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5, everyone who plays racing games knows this 2 are the best, but i think that forza is way better than GT5, Why? We could talk about the graphics, tracks or cars, but for me is all about gameplay. Forza as superior gameplay by far, it's just a shame that dlc's are expensive, around 20$ for the Porche dlc? Come on. Turn 10 want's to gain more money withI own both Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5, everyone who plays racing games knows this 2 are the best, but i think that forza is way better than GT5, Why? We could talk about the graphics, tracks or cars, but for me is all about gameplay. Forza as superior gameplay by far, it's just a shame that dlc's are expensive, around 20$ for the Porche dlc? Come on. Turn 10 want's to gain more money with dlc's than with the actual game, or what? It's enough we got to pay to play online since it's on Xbox. In GT5 we don't pay, because Sony is cool :)
    To finish, both games have ups and downs, but Forza takes the Prize.. i don't give it a 10/10 because the Kinect support is disappointing. the player just turns, everything else is automatic, even brakes...equal to Kinect on Forza is for kids..
  17. Oct 24, 2013
    Outstanding visuals, Detailed customization, Responsive A.I., these are just some of the perks this game has to offer. with hundreds of cars to choose from to fit your play style this game will easily keep you occupied for hours on end. One of the better racing games out there.
  18. Mar 22, 2014
    "forza motorsport 4 is the most frigging amazing creation that ever lived on xbox" . i love driving games but this game is even better then just driving games
  19. May 13, 2014
    Great cars, great tracks, great DLC, great fun. Forza Motorsport 4 will always be a personal favourite of mine, thanks to the various categories of racing involved. Classics, tuners, GTs, LMPs an so on - there's always something for everyone to enjoy. This is the last true Forza Motorsport game that truly gave value for money.
  20. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 9.5 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9

A slight improvement of Forza 3. I loved to play it with Kinect or Racing Wheel. It´s a extremely well done climax of the last Forza franchise for Xbox360 (apart Horizon).
  21. Jan 16, 2015
    Whether if it's the stellar visuals and amazing A.I. or the large amount of cars to choose from and fantastic online mode, everything about this game is more than amazing.
  22. Jun 6, 2015
    Forza 4 is a game that all 360 owners should have played when it came out.The game has a stunning 500 cars,or over 600 cars if you bought all the DLC.

The graphics are stunning.All the cars have interiors that look the exact same in-game as they do in real-life. Gameplay is where Forza 4's biggest strength lies.All the cars handle differently,meaning you need to really catch-on to

Gameplay is where Forza 4's biggest strength lies.All the cars handle differently,meaning you need to really catch-on to the controls,and when you do Forza 4 showcases it's brilliant design.

Top Gear is used lots in this game,with the track and numerous challenges from the show crammed into the career mode.

Forza 4's career mode is deep and lengthy,providing lots of replay value,with it's 800+ races,with different requirements as to what cars you can use.For each time you level up until level 50,you get to pick a free car

Overall,Forza 4 is an amazing game.
  23. Oct 27, 2015
    I wasn't that enthusiastic about track racing games. I used to be more interested in free roam racing games such as Need for Speed and Midnight Club, but Forza 4 is a masterpiece and I have put so much time into it and yet, I still have not finished the career mode. I really like track racing games now because of Forza 4.
  24. Oct 26, 2015
    Just bought Forza Motorsport 4 for Xbox 360 as a second hand buy - the graphics are pretty smooth and I love the BBC Top Gear intro accent! Groovy English. I got all excited by the Ferrari test drive to start the game, but was bombed to see that my first car was a **** Ford. Now I need to earn my way up - fun!
  25. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10
  26. Apr 13, 2016
    Improving what seemed unbeatable, lighting is the best ever seen on Xbox 360. The sense of speed is perfect. And the level that reaches the community drawing cars leaves a beautiful gallery. Definitely the best racing game of this generation.
  27. Oct 30, 2016
    Game very beautiful, an absurd variety of cars. But there's a few details that I can not pass up. as when we go into a tunnel and the car does not turn on and everything is dark. It has many parts that the game is much clearer and other very dark side. More taking this game is perfect!
  28. Apr 16, 2016
    This is a great game . Very many different real car . Many Ford , Many Mazda , Many Honda and other . Very good graphics and amazing gameplay . Best Xbox 360 Racing Game and best Xbox 360 Exclusive with Halo 4 , Gears of War 2 and Forza Horizon 2 . Excellent . Poor Nine of Ten . 9/10 .
  29. Apr 17, 2017
    Ce Forza 4ème du nom a sensiblement progressé sur des points importants mais a également stagné sur quelques autres, toujours les mêmes ! Ainsi, la caméra des replays qui fait encore n'importe quoi sur certains tracés, toujours à tourner et à zoomer sur la voiture comme la reine des connes. Horripilant. Toujours également le problème des unités de mesure (on se tape des miles quand on veutCe Forza 4ème du nom a sensiblement progressé sur des points importants mais a également stagné sur quelques autres, toujours les mêmes ! Ainsi, la caméra des replays qui fait encore n'importe quoi sur certains tracés, toujours à tourner et à zoomer sur la voiture comme la reine des connes. Horripilant. Toujours également le problème des unités de mesure (on se tape des miles quand on veut les chevaux et des kilowatts (!) quand on veut les km/h. Désolant ! Toujours pas de pluie, toujours pas de nuit, ne fût-ce qu'un seul circuit sur un simple contre-la-montre. Navrant !

Et pourtant ! FM4 propose une conduite bien plus précise qu'avant, un peu plus exigeante mais toujours aussi passionnante. Le roulis est enfin présent sur certaines (vieilles) autos et contribue à un meilleur réalisme. Les bruits de moteurs sont très soignés, les voitures superbement modélisées et les graphismes profitent d'une nouvelle gestion de la lumière très convaincante même s'il a fallu en payer le prix (disparition de l'anti-crénelage !). La fluidité (60 im/s) reste toujours irréprochable heureusement. L'IA plus agressive (ou moins molle) a des réactions plus crédibles que dans les précédents FM et les dégâts cosmétiques -déjà très convaincants- ont aussi progressé même si leurs effets mécaniques sont encore trop permissifs.

On se doit de signaler tout de même la politique abjecte consistant à retirer tout un tas de voitures initialement dans le jeu pour ne les proposer ensuite qu'en DLC ! c'est particulièrement mesquin ! idem pour les photos qu'on ne peut pas exporter sur une clé usb : il faut les envoyer sur le site officiel, ce qui est impossible quand on ne possède pas de compte Xbox Live payant.

Intrinsèquement et faute de concurrence (ce n'est pas Gran Turismo 1-2-3-4-5-6 qui pourrait lui faire de l'ombre...) FM4 mérite bien son 8 de par son contenu et sa fine simulation, d'autant qu'avec un Fanatec GT2, le pilotage s'en trouve encore amélioré et sensiblement plus plaisant.

1. Games Master UK
    Nov 20, 2011
    A refinement of a fantastic game that loves cars as much as we do. The king of sim racers. [Christmas 2011, p.66]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Nov 15, 2011
    About as close to the pinnacle of the racing simulation genre as you could reasonable expect to get. [Issue#78, p.72]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 15, 2011
    Perfect drive from the very beginning to the end! Driving model is rough enough and multiplayer options are endless. If you don't have a steering wheel yet Forza 4 is the reason to get one. [Nov 2011]