Golden Axe: Beast Rider Xbox 360

5.8

1. Nov 28, 2013
    This game makes a mockery of the original golden axe arcade classic, whilst it has features adapted to a modern game which are meant to draw you back to the good old days with that beautiful chuckle of nostalgia they are few and far between and were executed with so much more style and entertainment 25 years ago when golden axe graced lives. Game was utterly dismal I gave it a 1 for theThis game makes a mockery of the original golden axe arcade classic, whilst it has features adapted to a modern game which are meant to draw you back to the good old days with that beautiful chuckle of nostalgia they are few and far between and were executed with so much more style and entertainment 25 years ago when golden axe graced lives. Game was utterly dismal I gave it a 1 for the hour of entertainment I got out of it. Expand
  2. Sep 5, 2013
    If you find this game cheap, it's worth giving it a shot. Once you get used to the combat, it can be pretty fun. You also get to ride on a couple monsters, which makes the combat better. The graphics, the camera and the music are pretty good. The two big problems are the lack of online play and the game is also very repetitive.
  3. Apr 6, 2012
    Much to my surprise, I found this game to be pretty fun. While absolutely nothing like the original, it did offer a lot of fan service and ingenuity that I wasn't expecting. It's definitely rough around the edges, but its cheap enough now that you should be able to get your $10 worth no problem.
  4. VladC
    Aug 31, 2009
    Most of the reviewers didn't play this game for long. Once you figure out the controls, the combat works really well. I was surprised how much fun I had with this game after reading all the negative reviews. You can pick this up cheap use, and I highly recommend it.
  5. relik
    Apr 21, 2009
    What an absolute kick in the teeth to fans of the original. I thought I'd give it a go as I got it on the cheap and I enjoy most hack and slash games, but no... the reviews are right... this is terrible. I couldn't face anything past the second level.
  6. JohnS.
    Mar 1, 2009
    This game is so amazing, I'd go as far to say it is the best game to ever grace the Xbox, this makes master chef seem like a turd. If you don't buy this game you're doing yourself a disservice, not to mention your duty to the good of this world. If they could manage to put this on the Wii it could be even better cause Fox could play with you and your Mii. PS:those reviewers This game is so amazing, I'd go as far to say it is the best game to ever grace the Xbox, this makes master chef seem like a turd. If you don't buy this game you're doing yourself a disservice, not to mention your duty to the good of this world. If they could manage to put this on the Wii it could be even better cause Fox could play with you and your Mii. PS:those reviewers are completely biased. Expand
  7. Dr.S.
    Nov 9, 2008
    allow me to begin by stating that my hands and fingers are gigantic and i cant help but strike 8 keys with every stroke. i am so filled with furious anger by the 19 lbs pile of suck called golden axe, that i typed this with my nose. id rather spend six months rolling around naked in a dumpster filled with dead hobos and razor blades in the middle of july than play another minute of this allow me to begin by stating that my hands and fingers are gigantic and i cant help but strike 8 keys with every stroke. i am so filled with furious anger by the 19 lbs pile of suck called golden axe, that i typed this with my nose. id rather spend six months rolling around naked in a dumpster filled with dead hobos and razor blades in the middle of july than play another minute of this hot sweaty pile of jiggling phlegm. but it had a really good camera system. Expand
  8. NickB
    Oct 23, 2008
    A great brawler with a little action rpg fun thrown in, and a fun continuation of the franchise. The main downside is lack of multiplayer co-op; if the game had that it would have been perfect. The modelling is well done, the controls are smooth enough that even a guy like me who played the very first Golden Axe as a teenager can figure it out, and the beast mastery is a lot of fun, A great brawler with a little action rpg fun thrown in, and a fun continuation of the franchise. The main downside is lack of multiplayer co-op; if the game had that it would have been perfect. The modelling is well done, the controls are smooth enough that even a guy like me who played the very first Golden Axe as a teenager can figure it out, and the beast mastery is a lot of fun, although some of the beasts seem to be made of tissue paper. Much better than the critics suggest, and makes me wonder if some of them even bothered to play more than a few minutes of it. For the type of game it is (action rpg brawler) this is pretty good. Expand
  9. RaelXX
    Oct 16, 2008
    I'm actually surprised by this game. The combat system is enjoyable with its somewhat different defense system. Tyris sword hits hard and painful and that's good enough. The mount system is only a little difficult to use because of the creatures' movement, though it's very rewarding if well used. Tyris is also a fashion amazon as it seems she enjoys using different I'm actually surprised by this game. The combat system is enjoyable with its somewhat different defense system. Tyris sword hits hard and painful and that's good enough. The mount system is only a little difficult to use because of the creatures' movement, though it's very rewarding if well used. Tyris is also a fashion amazon as it seems she enjoys using different clothes on different occasions, like our friend Starkiller. Expand
  10. Apr 6, 2012

1. Golden Axe: Beast Rider confuses the tribute to retro with the flat and boring gameplay. The new game of SEGA is mediocre in every aspect, and comes as a failure in its attempt to recover a legendary name and turn it into a worthy product of Next-Gen platforms.
    Fans hoping for a worthwhile update to one of gaming's most revered hack-and-slash franchises will be sorely disappointed by this poorly designed and utterly mediocre title.
  3. We expect a few things from a modern arcade-style brawler: reasonably placed checkpoints, more than one playable character, varied enemies, and multiplayer. Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Sega’s reinvention of the arcade classic, delivers none of them. Perhaps the worst oversight of the bunch is the lack of multiplayer options.