8.1

1. Jul 19, 2014
    I understand that a lot of people enjoy GTA V. I admit that it has some excellent story missions with truly creative and clever ideas. However, I do not enjoy playing this game and I believe that the critics that gave this game a perfect rating let their excitement get the better of them. GTA V deserves some criticism and in my opinion it is very far from the 'ultimate sandbox game' thatI understand that a lot of people enjoy GTA V. I admit that it has some excellent story missions with truly creative and clever ideas. However, I do not enjoy playing this game and I believe that the critics that gave this game a perfect rating let their excitement get the better of them. GTA V deserves some criticism and in my opinion it is very far from the 'ultimate sandbox game' that many people have described it to be. GTA has no inspiring features, you simply rob stores and screw hookers similarly to how you do in the previous games. The only truly iconic feature that GTA V has brought to its franchise is being able to control three separate characters. This makes for some pretty cool bits of gameplay in the story missions, but it's completely pointless in the open world. The whole time I played in the open world, I always stuck to playing as Trevor and had no reason to change.
    Shooting in this game is somehow even less fun here than it is in GTA IV. I've never liked the auto-aim in these games, but at least in GTA IV you could just shoot your next target without having to use it. In GTA V it punishingly difficult to try to aim and kill someone without auto-aim, with your marker being so small and the camera so stiff. The easiest way to kill anyone is to flick your LT and RT triggers in sequence, which makes this mechanic boring in a game with little other gameplay to offer.
    The open world is the most disappointing feature. No matter how alive Rocksteady has worked to make the world feel alive, once you've completely the main missions the open world simply feels dead. Sure you can do side activities such as sports like golf and tennis, but all of these activities have little reward and just feel tedious. Furthermore, the graphics in this game are also not as outstanding as it has been boasted. Truly, when you think about the detail in other sandbox games like Just Cause 2, which came out earlier and has a bigger open world, GTA V looks much worse.
    My final problem with GTA V is with its online mode. There's nothing left to do in it! There are races, a few missions (which you have to play by yourself), and that's it! If you're in a map with your friends the most amount of fun you will have will come from robbing stores and getting involved in car chases, but these will get old quickly. The main appealing aspect about an online mode is its co-operative heists, but these still aren't available to play meaning there's little-to-nothing to do in the same extremely dull open world at all.
    I don't completely hate GTA V, and I respect Rockstar. This game gets some things spot-on-right, for example, I enjoyed almost all of the story missions, I especially enjoyed the excellent ending decision you had to make, the characters were interesting, and the dialogue was well-written and sometimes very funny. While I think the gameplay is repetitive and uninspired some people clearly love it and there is a reason why it has such a devoted fanbase. Many people love this game, I understand that. But there are many others who don't like it such as myself and my friends, and it's difficult for people like us to overlook these looming problems. If Rockstar wants to make there next GTA game more appealing there are many places they can start, for example, create more interior sections in the open world and give us an option from the launch date to play co-operative missions and heists with our friends. To be honest, however, I don't want Rockstar to return to this franchise ever again. It is an overall uninteresting, unappealing and uninspired concept to many people such as myself. Rockstar has made so many more defining and unique open-world games in the past such as Red Dead Redemption and Bully, both of which have much better characters and much more immersive open worlds than there are in all of the GTA games combined. I hope they return to games like these in the future and bring us more of these other excellent titles that are still talked about. Please Rockstar, abandon GTA and focus on making a sequel to your best work.
  2. Aug 26, 2014
    However a nice game,it also has it's disappointing parts.The characters swear to much,Grand Theft Auto IV has a much better story and the game shows racism and sexism,it is,however a nice game to have.This game also returned it's possibility to customize cars.It is a beautiful game.
  3. Sep 7, 2014
    Vice city is still the king of gta. And that's a damn fact.Thats not an opinion it's a fact people.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Sep 28, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, unlike many games of this generation, is a fit addition and improvement to its series.

The amount of character development in Rockstar's latest installment is not on the level of other games that are known for such development, but the amount of detail given to its three protagonists, their connections to each other, and their lives is admirable. You were not totally immersed in each character's ordeal, but this is not what the Grand Theft Auto series is known for. What it IS known for is its ability to blend semi-realistic shooter elements and a good plot generally not given to shooters.

The gameplay elements of the game are incredibly enhanced relative to IV's, especially in combination with the new (rather large) freeroam map. One minute you could be robbing a store and attempting (unsuccessfully) to ramp your car over a railing in an attempt to escape the superhuman police under the more-refined engine of the game and the next you could be flying a (stolen) plane over the beautiful, expansive wilderness areas of Los Santos.

Have you exhausted the singleplayer? Not a fan of collectibles? Well then head on over to GTA Online, one of the quicker-growing multiplayer experiences currently available. The jobs quickly grow boring, but the multiplayer experience depends on just that: having multiple players. Playing with friends is one thing that never grows dull on GTA Online, and the promised addition of more DLC and heists lets the prospect of the future seem all-the-more sweeter.

Overall, GTA V is one of those gems that has managed to not only provide a fulfilling singleplayer AND multiplayer experience, but has also managed to improve on its progenitors and live up to the vast hype that it produced before the release.
  5. Oct 13, 2014
    A bit of a disappointment. Despite still being a great game, gta v did not quite live up to the hype with the total amount of freedom in the world. Still one of the best games of 2013 but I expected more
  6. Oct 29, 2014
    This review is for GTA V and GTA: Online.
    GTA V: Flawless story, incredible open world design, plus a lot still to do when finished the main storyline. 10/10
    This review is for GTA V and GTA: Online.

GTA Online: Massive issues at launch, seemingly better over time, but not great. I for one am sick of Rockstar's lying about heists for 7th gen (360/PS3) consoles. They stated that the heists will be out before the end of Spring 2014. It's now just about to be Winter. They should stop procrastinating on new updates and FOCUS on the heists. 1/10

I feel cheated out of £45 from launch day. If heists aren't coming out for 360/PS3, I see no reason to spend £300-400 on a new console just for them or new content. Not buying another Rockstar game again, as the damage has been done. 6/10
  7. Dec 19, 2014
    After beating vice city, San Andreas, gta III and gta IV, I had one last game to get through: gta V. Does it live up to the high standards of the series? Let's find out. The story doesn't even start in Los santos, some criminal named Michael, Trevor, and brad are robbing a bank in a snowy town called north Yankton in the year 2004. Micheal and Trevor barely make it out and the game fastAfter beating vice city, San Andreas, gta III and gta IV, I had one last game to get through: gta V. Does it live up to the high standards of the series? Let's find out. The story doesn't even start in Los santos, some criminal named Michael, Trevor, and brad are robbing a bank in a snowy town called north Yankton in the year 2004. Micheal and Trevor barely make it out and the game fast forwards to 2013 in Los santos, gta's version of Los Angeles. Micheal is now rich and miserable. He's retired from crime and lives in a mansion with his annoying family. His wife is getting lessons from a tennis coach on how to play tennis (or is she?) his daughter is hanging out with snobby celebrities and trying to get on tv , and his son sits in his room all day playing righteous slaughter 7 (an exaggerated call of duty spoof). He comes across a street hustler named franklin and them along with some other people go on a jewelry store heist to pay off a debt. Trevor finds out about the heist and comes down to see Michael again and now the three characters are a criminal trio. They get involved with other gangs and corrupt government agencies and must go on a series of epic and daring heists to pay off debts and become the cities kingpin criminals. There are some cool twists along the way, and the characters are all cool in their own way. Micheal is like able and interesting, Trevor is interesting but not likeable, and Franklin is likeable but not interesting. But all three endings aren't satisfying and feel rushed. The story missions are pretty fun most of the time l, but can dip down in quality at times. You can go from robbing banks and hijacking cargo planes, to doing yoga and operating a crane. Missions like that where bring as hell and felt like gimmicky filler to some otherwise brilliantly made missions. I also that you get to be the boss during the heists. You choose who to hire, the better they are the more money you have to give them, whether you go in stealthy or loud, what's your getaway vehicle, etc. the heists are the funniest missions and make you feel like a true crime boss. This being gta, there is an absolutely **** ginormous open world map to explore, and this time the whole map is unlocked right away without having to do story missions to unlock new areas. There's a ton of vehicles, such as request cars, jeeps, motorcycles, four wheelers, tanks, boats, stunt planes, fighter jets, gigantic cargo planes, helicopters, and so much more there is also more guns than before. This game uses the red dead redemption weapons wheel, which slows time when you switch weapons and lets you carry every weapon in the game at one time. Another improvement carried over from red dead redemption is mid mission checkpoints, so no more starting a mission all over again from the beginning. The map itself is huge and varied, Los santos is on the southern end and has houses, an airport, skyscrapers, etc. The rest of the map is desert countryside and mountains, and the entire map is full of detail and it's worth exploring to see all the cool things it has to offer. You can switch between the three characters at any time, and they all have special abilities, certain side missions, and businesses to buy. There is a TON of stuff to do. You can do triathlons, atv races, shooting galleries, parachuting, tennis, see a movie, or of course piss off the cops and destroy the entire place with a minigun. Everything is well done, so it has both quality and quantity. If you like tennis then you'll like tennis here, but if you don't like tennis then you won't like it here. The graphics on this game will make your xbox glow red and puff steam, they are just that good. Fly a helicopter as high as you can and then get a good look at the world around you and you'll see what I mean. The sound design is rather average, the radio stations are good but not as memorable as previous games. Although the voice acting is incredible, everyone is very convincing in their performance. So yes, it definitely lives up to the high standards of the series. It's better than III and IV, but not as good as vice city and San Andreas. It has just enough new things to keep it fresh, but at its core it's the same gta everyone loves. If you haven't played any gta games yet, than this is a good place to start since it's much more reliable and approachable than previous games. Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2013
    I wanted to take my time before I put down words on this game. First of all I want to say I've been waiting for the opportunity to do GTA mission with other players for well over ten years. The game "does" deliver this capability but it feels like minimal effort was put into this aspect of the game. All in all, this online launch feels, at best, half-assed. The impression that I get isI wanted to take my time before I put down words on this game. First of all I want to say I've been waiting for the opportunity to do GTA mission with other players for well over ten years. The game "does" deliver this capability but it feels like minimal effort was put into this aspect of the game. All in all, this online launch feels, at best, half-assed. The impression that I get is that Rockstar is simply using this online release as nothing more than an extended beta-test so they can shake down all the bugs, balance issues and exploits for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC launches down the road.

I've never, in my life experienced something as frustrating as having dozens of hours of online gameplay progress disappear without warning. The deathmatch game modes are, at best, lackluster. The racing is ultimately frustrating and annoying. The mission variety feels repetitive and bland. The versus missions ultimately feel unbalanced and like they lack play-testing.

The world it's self is however, truly magnificent. A true joy to explore and interact with other players in.
  9. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA 5 took the atmosphere and color of San Andreas to make a real immersive game. The online mode is still in need of fixing, but I can't think of any games that had a successful online mode at launch. Only compliant is that there are next to no ways to make good money in the game. SURE the stock market is a cool thing but how do I get more to invest? Remember the Vigilante Missions,GTA 5 took the atmosphere and color of San Andreas to make a real immersive game. The online mode is still in need of fixing, but I can't think of any games that had a successful online mode at launch. Only compliant is that there are next to no ways to make good money in the game. SURE the stock market is a cool thing but how do I get more to invest? Remember the Vigilante Missions, Firefighting, Ambulance, and pimping missions from GTA San Andreas? Sure it doesn't fit into the realism aspect but that's how me made in the last series.

Overall a good buy but very hard to make money in game. Still worth a buy.
  10. Oct 9, 2013
    The Good: Typical GTA in every respect. Some things are better than GTA 4 such as map size. Gameplay mechanics are good. Graphics are decent.

The Bad: The character development processes like tennis and exercising are boring. Degrading to Blacks and Americans in general especially considering it was created by the British. The game really trashes America with terrible stereotypes and is very politically polarizing in every aspect.

What is a hot mess is the Multiplayer. If you can get on you faced data loss that might include your cash, cars, purchases such as weapons and property and even your character itself. Really bad character creation process. Hopefully this will continue to improve as a recent update was released.

Summary: If you bought this for the single player campaign and are a thick skinned GTA fan you may be pleased. There are deftly better games out there such as Saints Row 4, Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite and The Walking Dead Telltale Series.

If you buy this for the multiplayer you will need to be patient.

The super positive user reviews are obviously written by GTA fans and employees. I'm sure some real money was invested in the "professional" reviews. This game does not warrant 8 or above especially in light of the multiplayer.
  11. Jan 11, 2015
    What an amazing game! GTA V took all of the best aspects of previous games, and brought them together in a tightly bunched package. The ONLY real complaint I have, is that helicopter piloting continues to be the worst vehicle control I have ever experienced... in any game... ever. However, that has become such an identifying factor of GTA, that they day they make helicopters fly smoothlyWhat an amazing game! GTA V took all of the best aspects of previous games, and brought them together in a tightly bunched package. The ONLY real complaint I have, is that helicopter piloting continues to be the worst vehicle control I have ever experienced... in any game... ever. However, that has become such an identifying factor of GTA, that they day they make helicopters fly smoothly will be long after I'm dead and gone. Brilliant, creative, and wholly entertaining game. I can't wait for the next one! Expand
  12. Nov 27, 2013
    Graphics/Sound:
    Graphics/Sound:
    Incredible graphics, without a doubt the best I've seen on the Xbox 360. The setting is beautiful and varied, unlike Liberty City. This game squeezes every last bit of juice out of the dying console generation. It does lack character though. Wish the physics were more realistic, being able to control your car in mid-air and flip it when it's overturned is a bit ridiculous. At times this can seriously detract from the immersion. Sound is flawless though. Great radio stations to chose from and the beautiful explosions are more immersive with the solid sound design.

Story: Not as good as GTA IV, no doubt. Having 3 characters gave the game a messy feel. The story was kind of vague and all over the place. Story threads were explored a tiny bit and then left behind, and some characters weren't convincing at all and seemed very 2D.

Gameplay: Missions often feel like a drag driving from point a to point b, shoot some guys, rinse and repeat, but at least there are checkpoints now. Some missions are fun though. The problem I have with the mission structure is that it's not a sandbox during missions. You can't do things the way you want, and the game feels like a corridor shooter because of this. Outside of missions, the gameplay is solid and you have much more freedom online and messing around by yourself.

Presentation: This game has no specific vibe about it. It tries to be everything and fails at that. The trailers each lended themselves to a different concepts of Los Santos, and this should have come as a warning sign that the game wouldn't be as defined as the all the great games in the world are.

Overall, it's fun. Without multiplayer it would be a complete disappointment. It goes to show that money and an army of programmers won't make you a masterpiece, and that so much of making a great game is a specific direction within great design.
  13. Nov 27, 2013
    The story is the best yet. I went back to play each of the endings, where one is great, while the others are saddening. The heists featured in this game have been smartly written by the developers and they have extensively researched Los Angeles and its outlying areas to create the largest map yet. To add a little to the story, the developers brought back some characters from the GrandThe story is the best yet. I went back to play each of the endings, where one is great, while the others are saddening. The heists featured in this game have been smartly written by the developers and they have extensively researched Los Angeles and its outlying areas to create the largest map yet. To add a little to the story, the developers brought back some characters from the Grand Theft Auto IV era, some of who, die.

However, there are some features that must be brought to attention. During the campaign, I felt that there were not that many missions given to Trevor Philips, which is somewhat disappointing. After having 100% completion, there is nothing much left to do. It would not hurt to have some exciting armed robberies even after completing the game, and not just hanging out with the other protagonists.

Otherwise, the game is very exceptional. It takes us away from the gloomy and grayish Liberty City to a bright and beautiful Los Santos and its countryside. A message to those who want to purchase this game: it is definitely worth sacrificing eight gigabytes to play this game. I have never played a more compelling game since Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The stories that the player is brought into is what made this video game series successful.
  14. Aug 21, 2014
    This one should have been a 10 out of 10. If I could say anything to Rockstar it would be that to make the perfect game, all you have to do is give me good gameplay mechanics and tell me a good story. That's all there is to it, so it isn't rocket science. By comparason with Rockstar's savage sendup of the immigrant experience in GTA 4, their story in GTA 5 is tame and dull. I stoppedThis one should have been a 10 out of 10. If I could say anything to Rockstar it would be that to make the perfect game, all you have to do is give me good gameplay mechanics and tell me a good story. That's all there is to it, so it isn't rocket science. By comparason with Rockstar's savage sendup of the immigrant experience in GTA 4, their story in GTA 5 is tame and dull. I stopped caring about all three of the characters about halfway through the game. I also found myself wondering where the satire had gone.
    However, the city and vehicles may have been enough to save the experience for me had the money making aspects of the game been decent. Here you have properties worth $150,000,000 and no real hope of actually making that much money during the game. Yes, you can hang around and day trade for a year, and maybe get enough money eventually, but I will have moved on to the next Assassin's Creed long before that happens. But, you say, how about Franklin's assassination misssions and the opportunities you have there? Well, if you are offline, you only get two of them, which brings me to one of my biggest gripes, which is the manner in which the online features interfere with the single player game. I have lost patience with these constant attempts to force me to join some BS gaming community just to get the full value of my purchase in terms of the solo play. Playing offline locks me out of the BAWSAQ, which wouldn't be too bad if so many of the investment opportunities, offered by the missions themselves, weren't locked into it. It's a crappy thing to do, Rockstar, and I don't take kindly to it. It kind of makes me feel like you are trying to rip me off somehow. Strike one.
    Then there is Chop. Apparently he can be trained, but not unless I download some BS IFruit App. Strike two.
    Even the enormity of the map is problematic because there is no fast travel feature. Too, there is at least one series of challenge missions that is buried so deep in the game that it is unlikely to be found absent online prompting. Some people may find that sort of thing fun and engaging, I just find it cheap and boring.
    While the idea of being able to switch between 3 characters is a nice innovation in concept, but given just how dull these three guys are, it is no substitute for good story telling.
    So, while the game is pretty, I can't say that I have enjoyed it any more than I did GTA 4, and in fact, have enjoyed it substantially less.
    All of those gripes aired, I am still going to rate it at 9 out of 10. I thought that GTA 4 was nearly the perfect video game and I don't think that GTA 5 improves much on it except in a technical sense, but the technical presentation of GTA 5 is mind blowing. The game is technically flawless, and I have never seen better graphics in any xbox 360 game ever. Given the expanse of the map, you'd expect some popup at least, but the way in which the installation and the play disc interact to take advantage of all the machine's capabilities, eliminates most of it. The audio is excellent and there is no end of variety among the available radio stations, although I have not yet found the talk radio of LS to be anything like as hilarious as that found in LC. I'll give Los Santos this much, the music is better.
    Even given the dullness of the story and of the characters themselves, and even given the arguably crippling effect of tying ones ability to make money to his internet connection, GTA 5 is still a good time. There is definitely enough going on in Los Santos to keep one busy.
  15. Oct 11, 2013
    Even if you aren't a GTA fan (I'm not, typically) this is a must play game. If you're looking for an engaging, immersive story line to fall into then look no further. The narrative is where this title shines, and that's what I'll remember. The character swapping mechanic sounded bizarre when I first heard of it, but it works flawlessly and enhances the story line. It made me feel connectedEven if you aren't a GTA fan (I'm not, typically) this is a must play game. If you're looking for an engaging, immersive story line to fall into then look no further. The narrative is where this title shines, and that's what I'll remember. The character swapping mechanic sounded bizarre when I first heard of it, but it works flawlessly and enhances the story line. It made me feel connected to each character, and conflicted when they were at odds.

The gun play is very forgiving, which makes the game a lot easier to play for those of us that aren't trying to polish our twitch skills. That being said, it's still very visceral. You'll definitely feel it when you hit a guy in the chest with a shotgun. It's also very fun to drive across the world, which is extremely authentic. Rockstar took care to create a beautiful landscape inside and outside the city.

I would have preferred additional options for vehicle and weapon customization. Also, I found myself trying to walk into Cluckin' Bell and other establishments that were actually open for business in previous titles, but not this time. The world is so large and authentic, why can't I walk into a fastfood joint for a burger?

All in all this is a solid 8/10. Come to San Andreas for crime and combat, stay for the wealth of character development and excellent voice acting.
  16. Nov 1, 2013
    I finished the story, played a bit of gta online, but what now? I was expecting a little more from gta online and the main story. The hype was too much for this. The game was fun but it was a bit like the game was throwing money at you and expecting your life to be a challenge.
  17. Oct 6, 2013
    A seriously ambitious and awe inspiring game that, due to unfun design choices and a horrible online debut, fail to come close to its astronomicle potential. There are hundreds of things about this game that bother me, but I'll just get into the ones that I really can't stand. SINGLE PLAYER: there's really only one way to earn decent money, and thats to do heists, but there are only aA seriously ambitious and awe inspiring game that, due to unfun design choices and a horrible online debut, fail to come close to its astronomicle potential. There are hundreds of things about this game that bother me, but I'll just get into the ones that I really can't stand. SINGLE PLAYER: there's really only one way to earn decent money, and thats to do heists, but there are only a handful of them throughout the story. The game boasts so many things to do in Los santos, but there's no real incentive do do any of these things aside from the initial fun they provide. They don't give you much money at all, or any permanent rewards to make your time more fun, or your ability to wreak havock any easier. The only nice bonus you get is a small discount at ammunation for doing the shooting range. Once the story is all finished, there is basically nothing to do besides random homicide. Why did they include such a great dimension to this game with the heists, only to not let you plan them whenever you want after the game is over? They let you recruit all these people for your crew and build their stats by using them more and more, but really, who cares? There's only a handful of heists, it's pointless, and it didn't have to be. They also give you a fun ability to use 3 diffent people, but can they be freely controlled when they're all together? No, that would be too fun. The game is left just feeling really empty and joyless after its all over. For the record though, I had a blast playing through the story. It's well written, funny, and entertaining. It's just too bad rockstar didn't seem to realize how important post-game fun is. They probably skimped on it for multiplayer...MULTIPLAYER: this disaster of an online mode is absolutely unacceptable! The online mode was delayed 2 weeks after the release of the game! That's annoying, but ultimately ok, if all works out well....it didn't. Several days after online launch and the game is still having issues loading properly, sticking at loading screens, and not saving players progress properly. That's pretty aweful when they attemp to charge people REAL money for in game currency. Rockstar, you don't deserve another dime. I bought this game full price. I expect you to allow me to enjoy the game I bought, free of arbitrary speed bumps. Earning money is a huge chore. Players can easily swamp you and kill you over and over, quickly draining your cash, whether you deposit it in the bank or not. You can play passively, but you won't be able to use weapons or fight any pedestrians, which means many features of the game are disabled. Also, players can still kill you by running you over, and shoot you if your in a car.. Meaning, passive mode is boring and stupid. It leaves you to only do missions to make money and still vulnerable, yet totally defenseless. So youre stuck between EXTREME danger and risk, or BORING "safety", no middleground. Playing missions is also tedious if you aren't in a free roam with a ton of friends. In lobbies, the only people that can join you are the other 15 people in your free roam. There IS an option to bring in other people worldwide, but I've NEVER gotten anyone to join from that. Must be broken. So there are millions of people with this game, and I'm usually stuck doing missions ALONE in multiplayer. Pointless. Also, if your connection cuts out at any time, you lose your progress, too bad. Online mode CAN be a tremendous blast with lots of friends, but at this time, almost three weeks after the game was released, the game is seriously broken. Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2013
    The game is fun and entertaining but is very broken. Buildings don't load until you are right at them, texture pops happen all the time and the online is completely broken. The story is the only thing saving this game and the main story at that. One of the side missions made me run around the desert for 5 miles for no earthly reason. Many of the achievements also don't register so youThe game is fun and entertaining but is very broken. Buildings don't load until you are right at them, texture pops happen all the time and the online is completely broken. The story is the only thing saving this game and the main story at that. One of the side missions made me run around the desert for 5 miles for no earthly reason. Many of the achievements also don't register so you spend a few hours collecting things only to not get the achievement. Expand
  19. Nov 4, 2013
    Make no mistake GTA 5 is a good game and yes it is superior to GTA 4 in every way but GTA 4 is hardly the yardstick of a great game.

With GTA 5 I personally feel the 8.0 current user score is more realistic than the 97 lavished on the game by critics. It seems to me a lot of people judged GTA 5 based solely against GTA 4 and forgot some of the truly great games we’ve had in the last 5 years.

Don't get me wrong, GTA 5 certainly has it’s moments but in all honesty I never got the same wow factor as I did playing GTA San Andreas and I think this is my main problem with the GTA/GTA like open world games. They just haven’t really evolved or done anything to give me that same wow factor I got 11 years ago in The Grove.

So in summary GTA 5 is as good as it gets within the current limitation of open worlders, however I still feel there is something missing. Next time I will gladly sacrifice the overall size, for something truly innovative, and interactive.
  20. Oct 9, 2013
    I can't believe I'm actually bored with a GTA game. It's a beautiful game, but so impersonal. So many places to go, but little interaction with the AI citizens of Los Santos. Driving around is fun, but gets old. GTA combat now feels outdated, and after just finishing Splinter Cell Blacklist (I'm not comparing the games themselves) the combat mechanics seem clumsy and restrictive. TheI can't believe I'm actually bored with a GTA game. It's a beautiful game, but so impersonal. So many places to go, but little interaction with the AI citizens of Los Santos. Driving around is fun, but gets old. GTA combat now feels outdated, and after just finishing Splinter Cell Blacklist (I'm not comparing the games themselves) the combat mechanics seem clumsy and restrictive. The main story line was ok. I did enjoy switching around between the 3 guys-- and Trevor is hilarious. Ah, how I loved this franchise, but now, yawn. Expand
  21. Oct 6, 2013
    I'd rate this higher if there wasn't critical functionality that you have to have some mobile device to utilize. And then that functionality is only available on iPhone. Utterly epic failure.
  22. Dec 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So this game is basically destroying the game awards season. I have to say it is a really good game, but when I see al the 10s the game has, I have a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. GTA V is the biggest game of 2013, maybe of this generation. The ambitious scope and grandeur of the world of Los Santos created in this game cannot be compared to any other Sandbox Open-World game in the history of video gaming. And yes, Rockstar made it. It took the thoughtful, intriguing storyline type that was put into Red Dead Redemption and took it to GTA V. In other words, Grand Theft Auto was never as big, as compelling and as interesting as before.
    Firstly, let's begin with how much the story was improved. The other Grand Theft Auto were good, but you had to play 20 hours to get to the real core of the story, which lasted around 3 or 4 hours. Grand Theft Auto V starts right out with an interesting premise thanks to its well-crafted characters. Say what you want, but Niko Bellic was flat and his cousin Roman was a "Pain in the Culo". Here, we have a rich, retired, grumpy, 80's nostalgia cinephile called Michael; a generic but down-to-earth gang-banger called Franklin; AND EVERYONE'S FAVORITE, the sick, violent, psychopatHic and mentally doubtful Trevor. How you feel towards this characters is up to you. And the writing in this game is amazing. You will laugh.
    The problem with GTA wasn't in the story nor presentation (It looks good, sorta. It's detailed, pretty, it's not groundbreaking but it's more than enough) but in the missions.
    The principal missions were amazing. Some of them bursted with creativity and originality. And let's not talk about (SPOILERSSSS) the first Heist mission, that was awesome. But then, the Heists loose their complete potential, transforming them in linear missions with almost no player choice at all. Then we have the secondary missions. Some of them follow the path the fun principal missions do, but some others are just plain trash. If your idea of a secondary missions is to spend 20 minutes lifting cars with a crane, then you will welcome this missions with open arms. Me? I rather kill repetitive waves of hillibillies with Trevor.
    Lastly, random events occur around Los Santos. Well let me tell you, most of them, aren't unpredictable. In fact, most of them are the same thing. "Oh, they've stolen me this! Go get the crook!", and you kill the crook and decide to keep the stolen goods or return them to its rightful owner. Some of these have consequences in your playthrough, big, small, do not really care, but they do not feel significant. Except for the other random events, that are only a few, that can affect the storyline. Those are good, but there aren't enough.
    Lastly, there is an online component and...it is good. It is not the absolutely outstanding thing we were promised, and it feels like a money-grabber (EVERYTHING in the game is expensive, and the missions give you very little, forcing you to pay micro-transactions or do "unethical things" to buy the finer things), but it is fun. It's just that the campaign is so much better.
    Anyway, better close this review by saying GTA V is amazing. You will never experience a game like this. It has weak missions, specially on the secondary side, and a "Mass Effect 3" like online component. But hell yeah, KILL HOOKERS!
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    Everybody should know this game is great by now so what I want to concentrate on are the flaws. They are not game breaking but they are frustrating.
    Cover System: You press "RB" and your character will take cover. The big problem with it is it is illogical. Some times it has you seek cover behind a hand rail. Needless to say not very effective. Other times, say there is a box and you want to take cover behind a specific side of the box. WELL the button will often make you jump to a different a side. This would be less frustrating if you could easily glide between corners while staying in cover. But you can't. So you're going to be taking extra damage.
    Graphics: Things randomly pop up while you are driving, the pixels pixelized late and you find yourself running into speed limit signs.
    Controls: The crosshairs is a dot. Shooting is mostly reliant on auto aim because it is too difficult for an average gamer. AND THE DRIVING CONTROLS...Idk if it's just me but I can never seem to make sharp turns.

So, what does this game have?
    Great story and great characters: terrible people that you grow to love.
    The World: It is really big and there is so much value to be able to just run around beat up random people and start a car chase.
    The Ending
  24. Apr 6, 2015
    Very dumbed down car handling. It is pathetic and I bet that was made for all that casual players that dont know nothing about real world physics etc. So that kids can have fun in stupid games but when they grow up they are making car accidents because they have no idea about real car handling. Pathetic game because of what they did to car physics. And that funny ability to rock car backVery dumbed down car handling. It is pathetic and I bet that was made for all that casual players that dont know nothing about real world physics etc. So that kids can have fun in stupid games but when they grow up they are making car accidents because they have no idea about real car handling. Pathetic game because of what they did to car physics. And that funny ability to rock car back on wheels hahaha another feature for dumb kids. GTA is so childish that it hurts. I will not buy that game. I only hope that good moders will fix that pathetic childish car handling on PC version. Also add speedometer, fuel usage and stuff that will make this game more real so it will not look so much dumbed down.

In terms of weapons they made better work compared to GTA4 but they still are away from real counterparts. For example shotguns can be reloaded with one single shell WTF rockstar you imbeciles!

All this inconsistency and dumbing down is degraded my score like crazy even if there is lots of cool things in this game then it is obliterated by those imbecile designs that I mentioned above.
  25. Nov 2, 2013
    [8.7] It isn't constantly exciting like Grand Theft Auto IV, but it has some amazing moments. Despite the massive amount to do in the game, and a great (yet uneasy), multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V isn't quite what it should have been. Some major mechanics feel like they could use a complete change, or are better of staying similar to their equivalents in Grand Theft Auto IV (which had[8.7] It isn't constantly exciting like Grand Theft Auto IV, but it has some amazing moments. Despite the massive amount to do in the game, and a great (yet uneasy), multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V isn't quite what it should have been. Some major mechanics feel like they could use a complete change, or are better of staying similar to their equivalents in Grand Theft Auto IV (which had nearly perfect mechanics). Driving is incredibly restrictive, and doing stunts is nearly impossible. It's very difficult to even get your car off the ground, plus, cars control like they would in racing games, which Grand Theft Auto isn't. It's far to easy drive, and often boring. The combat system could also be more of a challenge. In GTA IV, you actually had to monitor your health, and try as hard as possible not to get shot, which added an incredible intensity to the game, which they seem to completely get rid of with the health regeneration. If you are one who needs health packs, there are plenty conveniently placed ones everywhere, whereas in GTA IV, they were placed in discrete locations. The lack of difficulty also makes GTA V seem much, much shorter than it actually is, and finishing takes much less time than finishing GTA IV did. Despite some major detrimental flaws, somehow, GTA V is still a very good game. Biking up Mount Chiliad, flying a jet through downtown Los Santos, partaking in the many activities across Los Santos, and exploring and discovering a massive world help us remember that Rockstar is focused on delivering quality, but is seems this time around they have mistaken quality for quantity. Nonetheless, Grand Theft Auto V is what it is: a good game. Expand
  26. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: Create a very well-rounded Grand Theft Auto sequel, using elements and past experience gained from the production and development of nearly every other Rockstar game and franchise.

Graphics: Breathtakingly beautiful.

Sound: While you'll no doubt hear the radio stations the most in terms of sound bytes, the voice work is pretty good, and the actual musical scores are appropriately placed as well.

Playability: Quite playable, and quite enjoyable in all portions of gameplay. Easy to handle, fluid, and responsive at the same time. A perfect medley of combat and other action maneuvers.

Entertainment: With literally over one hundred hours of time to be spent doing everything from motorcross to tennis, you need to get out there and see the world instead of asking questions about it. There are very few limitations.

Replay Value: Sky-High.

Overall Score: 9.5
  27. Rem
    Sep 21, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 touts itself as one of the most expansive, diverse, and entertaining game. And that is true to a degree. The switching between the three main characters keeps the game from becoming mute, but because of this you cannot really connect with any of the three characters, I mean you could hardly even connect with three killers anyway. What Grand Theft Auto 5 supremely outdoesGrand Theft Auto 5 touts itself as one of the most expansive, diverse, and entertaining game. And that is true to a degree. The switching between the three main characters keeps the game from becoming mute, but because of this you cannot really connect with any of the three characters, I mean you could hardly even connect with three killers anyway. What Grand Theft Auto 5 supremely outdoes over GTA 4 is the variety of mission. No longer are you just an errand boy, but a heist master running the strings with a multitude of missions. Though I have to say that the three main characters are less compelling than Niko Bellic. Even the secondary activities have received an upgrade in terms of enjoyment. Also the little tweaks keep annoying bits like calling and restarting missions to a minimum so in the end, you get a package that will allow you to get lost in the world of Los Santos. Expand
  28. Sep 21, 2013
    Just a great game. Tons of things to do and kill. The graphics are amazing and the map its huge and diverse. I cant give it a 9 because of the shooting mechanics. The drop on frame rate its frequent and playng with free aim makes things irritating
  29. Aug 25, 2014
    The game feels really short, maybe unfinished.

The game feels really short, maybe unfinished.

There's no good way to save your cars. You can put them into a garage, but if you take one out and drive it to a mission, good luck finding it again after the mission is done. This pretty stupid especially considering you can spend A LOT of money upgrading a car, only to have it disappear because you assumed the game would do something logical, like preserve the car while doing missions or put it back in your garage if you leave it somewhere.

Speaking of money, it's handled terribly. Unlike other GTA games, money DOES have value (there are worthwhile things to spend it on), but the amount of money you have never makes sense. You start the game with next to no money; you can't afford to really buy guns, cars, or even a cool suit. Then you keep doing missions and not getting paid for them, which is incredibly frustrating. So ok, maybe this is the kind of game where money is really scarce. NOPE! after your first heist you are handed a ludicrous amount of money and can pretty much purchase whatever you want. There's no strategic thinking or saving up for a cool item. Money instantly goes from "I wish I had some but I don't have any" to "I have more than I could ever spend". You COULD actually drop a good load of cash on a fancy car or plane, but it will most likely explode or get lost somehow and your cash will be wasted.

Speaking of heists now, it starts off good but becomes disappointing quickly. The first heist is really interactive, different ways to approach the situation, the choice for your crew members really matter, you could to case the joint and everything. And there's a big cash reward (probably too big).
    But that's pretty much the only real heist there is. The rest are basically just plot missions. Leveling up crew members which was expected to be important from the precedent and the tutorial of the first mission pretty much doesn't matter at all past the first heist. Also there are only like two extra crew members you can ever get in the first place and you get them from easily missed random events.

The map is huge and is more than just a city, which is pretty cool, but it's pretty useless. There's nothing to find. No collectibles, easter eggs, not really any hidden missions. There's a tiny bit of wildlife but it doesn't really serve a purpose. Most of the missions will take place in the city or Trevor's town. The rest might as well not exist.

The game is SHORT for a GTA game. It honestly feels like it's not finished. You should be familiar with the typical GTA formula: you meed a job provider, you do some missions, and then end up screwing up or something and killing them as their last mission. In this game, there are very few of these types of characters. It's pretty disappointing because those types of characters are usually the most interesting people in GTA games. There's one case where you meet this kind of mission giving character and literally the second mission is where someone screws up and then you have to kill the mission giver. Where's all the missions in between?

This also goes for side quests. There are a few mission giving side characters, but there's (as previously mentioned) no cash reward. And they all end very anti-climatically. Literally the end of one of the quest lines is "aren't you going to pay me?", "no, go away". And that's it. You can shoot the guy if you want but...

What actually IS in the game is done pretty well. The story, shooting, driving mechanics, characters, are all great. Length, number of interesting side characters, car storing mechanics, side quests, mini games, are pretty terrible.
  30. Oct 4, 2014
    An absolutely amazing game. Takes every great aspect of other Rockstar titles and combines them into one awesome package. Gameplay, mission variety, atmosphere, graphics, voice acting ETC, are all top notch.
  31. Nov 3, 2013
    Good, Solid, some fresh concepts and interesting tweaks on Rockstar's recipe for GTA makes GTA V a great edition to the series, and a great game overall. As a console exclusive currently, the graphics are below par for an AAA game, but at times the scenery looks beautiful. The Multi-player is very interesting and deep, but very buggy, broken and virtually suffered a world-wide crash atGood, Solid, some fresh concepts and interesting tweaks on Rockstar's recipe for GTA makes GTA V a great edition to the series, and a great game overall. As a console exclusive currently, the graphics are below par for an AAA game, but at times the scenery looks beautiful. The Multi-player is very interesting and deep, but very buggy, broken and virtually suffered a world-wide crash at release, and PS3 users still struggle to even play. Reviewers have overrated is with a 10, this game is far from the perfect game that deserves a 10, but nevertheless GTA V is a current -Gen game not to be missed, but not to be worshipped either. Expand
  32. Nov 10, 2014
    In every measurable sense, this is the greatest GTA game of all time. Sure, you may prefer the 80s vibe of Vice City or the more varied landscape of San Andreas but GTA V is the first game in the series that actually has missions that are more fun than frustrating. In previous incarnations, the missions were so annoying I spent most of my time just exploring the cities rather than tryingIn every measurable sense, this is the greatest GTA game of all time. Sure, you may prefer the 80s vibe of Vice City or the more varied landscape of San Andreas but GTA V is the first game in the series that actually has missions that are more fun than frustrating. In previous incarnations, the missions were so annoying I spent most of my time just exploring the cities rather than trying to complete my objectives. GTA V not only adds a reasonable checkpoint system but also finally introduces some variety. Instead of the repetitive "drive here, drive there" missions in previous entries, GTA V actually makes you feel like you're part of a heist. Nothing goes to plan of course, but that's part of the fun of GTA! What really makes this game stand out is the online mode. Nothing is more fun than hopping in a car with your buddy and cruising around Las Santos looking to cause some mayhem. Expand
  33. Sep 26, 2013
    It's a good game, but the 97% critic score is just wrong the numbers are being biased by lots of publications that only give reviews on the famous releases Some have only posted reviews on Halo games and Red dead redemption. Certainly their opinions have no respect nor value within the gaming community.
    Still the games pretty damn fine, though the characters and plot are weaker than the old Vice City.
  34. Jan 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a behemoth to worship. It's story, it's characters, it's pure originality makes one of the best videogames ever made. Sure there was a huge mess up with GTA Online, but Rockstar was not prepared for the obvious appreciation of the game. I do agree the game should have been focused on a little longer, but at the same time i'm glad I have it in my hands and can play itGrand Theft Auto V is a behemoth to worship. It's story, it's characters, it's pure originality makes one of the best videogames ever made. Sure there was a huge mess up with GTA Online, but Rockstar was not prepared for the obvious appreciation of the game. I do agree the game should have been focused on a little longer, but at the same time i'm glad I have it in my hands and can play it with my friends. It will be played for years to come just like GTA IV and I can't wait. 9/10 Excellent. Expand
  35. Jul 30, 2014
    The GTA series has managed to impress with every new addition to the series and GTA 5 not only impressed but exceeds exceptions on every front. The game play has been tuned and refined to be the smoothest and most enjoyable game in a GTA game or any game in general. The graphics have to be seen to be believed that they look so good on dated hardware. An the sound and atmosphere isThe GTA series has managed to impress with every new addition to the series and GTA 5 not only impressed but exceeds exceptions on every front. The game play has been tuned and refined to be the smoothest and most enjoyable game in a GTA game or any game in general. The graphics have to be seen to be believed that they look so good on dated hardware. An the sound and atmosphere is perfect. GTA 5 in the pinnacle of open world games and has raised the bar for gaming in general.
    The only people I could imagine not enjoying this game would be those with very delicate sensibility's as the game is down right vulgar and perverted at times, but that has always been one of the charms of the GTA series.
  36. Oct 28, 2013
    This game is outstanding it has good things and 2 major things i did not like. The good things are outstanding visuals,beautiful graphics, good gun play, and the vehicles are not as floaty as gta 4 was and there are 2 things i did not like a lot first off the online didn't on the first day i was expecting they had the development time fixing the bugs and choppy frame rate it is a thingThis game is outstanding it has good things and 2 major things i did not like. The good things are outstanding visuals,beautiful graphics, good gun play, and the vehicles are not as floaty as gta 4 was and there are 2 things i did not like a lot first off the online didn't on the first day i was expecting they had the development time fixing the bugs and choppy frame rate it is a thing that i did not like that well it cause me to get lots of headaches on the first day because of it. Expand
  37. Oct 19, 2013
    This game was amazing when I first played it. Everything about it was fun, and the scenery was amazing. The story was well thought out and I absolutely loved the heists. But after I beat the game, I felt very limited. I now always think of places to go instead of finding places as I go around on my journey. This game was fun until I beat the story. You probably do not know what I amThis game was amazing when I first played it. Everything about it was fun, and the scenery was amazing. The story was well thought out and I absolutely loved the heists. But after I beat the game, I felt very limited. I now always think of places to go instead of finding places as I go around on my journey. This game was fun until I beat the story. You probably do not know what I am talking about, but do everything you can before beating the story. Expand
  38. Dec 16, 2013
    GTA V is a great game but like most titles it had its flaws, first off this is the first GTA game i have enjoyed the story mode through to the end, yes its not perfect but its still a lot of fun. A lot of the gameplay mechanics have also been improved with the aiming and cover pulled straight from Max Payne 3 expect responsive and well controlled gun fights through out. The 3 playerGTA V is a great game but like most titles it had its flaws, first off this is the first GTA game i have enjoyed the story mode through to the end, yes its not perfect but its still a lot of fun. A lot of the gameplay mechanics have also been improved with the aiming and cover pulled straight from Max Payne 3 expect responsive and well controlled gun fights through out. The 3 player mechanic is a good feature but didn't find my self swapping in missions unless forced to and each characters (except trevors) ability were fun to use in the open world, the open world itself is really well designed especially los Santos but yet around 20-25% of the map felt useless and under used especially in the missions. Most of the missions were enjoyable and the heists were outstanding but for a game that focuses on them,there were not many in the game. Online is still a mess with everything focusing on money (which is tough to earn) and the terrible economy system implemented with it makes it become a mess not to mention the terrible online mission design that just makes every session more and more boring.
    overall it is a fantastic game that is worth buying despite its issues, ignore some of the 10 scores as they are over selling how good this game is, the Metacritic user score (8.1 at time of review) is where it belongs.
  39. Sep 23, 2014
    One of the best games ever made. Each mission seems likes it's ripped out of a frantic action movie, and they're all varied. The characters, voice acting, production values, and story are all amazing. The game play is superb. Rockstar has overhauled the shooting mechanics to make them much more inviting than GTA IV, and the driving has been completely reworked as well. The world isOne of the best games ever made. Each mission seems likes it's ripped out of a frantic action movie, and they're all varied. The characters, voice acting, production values, and story are all amazing. The game play is superb. Rockstar has overhauled the shooting mechanics to make them much more inviting than GTA IV, and the driving has been completely reworked as well. The world is massive, with tons of things to do, and all of it is gorgeous. My only problem was that GTA Online was underwhelming at best, and heists simply were never added. That's a shame, but no reason to overlook this. If you haven't played this game yet (which I doubt), then pick it up immediately, or better yet, wait for the next gen version. I am surely going to purchase this on my Xbox One when it is released to experience this gem again. Expand
  40. Jan 1, 2014
    Well to start off GTA V is a great game, there is no argument. Although I do feel uneasy about it sometimes. GTA V's single player has been completely revamped to include 3 different protagonist which I dislike. The single player was not as hard hitting or well written like the other GTA's. I feel like the 3 protagonist took away from a usually great, lengthily, and well written singleWell to start off GTA V is a great game, there is no argument. Although I do feel uneasy about it sometimes. GTA V's single player has been completely revamped to include 3 different protagonist which I dislike. The single player was not as hard hitting or well written like the other GTA's. I feel like the 3 protagonist took away from a usually great, lengthily, and well written single player. I't just doesn't come to par with the other games like Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV. I'm a sucker for a good written single player experience but rockstar didn't deliver this time. I felt very disconnected from the characters unable to create any relationship during all the switching. Very short experience for both the 3 characters and I was very upset that I didn't get to spend more time with all of them. GTA V's gameplay is top notch and the best yet, but needless to say the single player is what impacts me and frankly It didn't rub off on me like GTA IV. I will still play but I constantly try to make myself like the game but I just can't. I have to say what nobody would but for me at least, GTA IV and San Andreas were better. Expand
  41. Oct 16, 2013
    First, I would like to say that I enjoyed the game; it was well balanced, and did not let the player play god and get away with it, all players online are well matched- until a point, where players are driving tanks around town with their RPG buddies.
    The other problem for me was the ending to the campaign. It seemed a little harsh on the player to be face with endings that are COMPLETELY different, 2 of those leading to the death of Trevor or Michael. The game did not even have the decency to let you play with them after without restarting or managing to save before the "choice"
    other than that, great laugh with friends, had so many great moments, and hopefully when online is fully updated and working, I will cherish it.
  42. Ed_
    Oct 30, 2013
    The game is fantastic!

The game is fantastic!

RockstarGames believed that multiple characters will give the game a new feeling; for me, first, this feeling was shallow and disturbing: I couldn't get to know the characters good enough, get close to them or understand their feelings, it was too fast for 3 characters. However after the second gameplay I realized how enjoyable the game was with the two main characters (Michael and Trevor).
    You have to play mainly one character, it helped me a lot to understand their inner problems and feelings:
    1. Michael who only want to be with his family and live his peaceful life with a job.
    2. Trevor who is always used by people and because of that he behaves insane. Yeah, I did empathize with Trevor! LOL
    3. Franklin who wants to break out of his every day life and instead of being a small gangster or car robber
    I did empathize with Trevor! LOL

Michael's character is the best, he has a background story; we can sympathize with him, with his decisions; he has sth to fight for (family) and his family members are funny, give the game some kind of continuity. We can feel they are struggling with a father, and the father who struggles with his life, family and past. His character and family are a great mix of happiness, depression, fun, coping and feelings.

Trevor is the anti-society person because he was cheated and outlooked too many times in the past. He couldn't follow the rules and restrictions of this 'fabricated world', so he decides to live in the desert without feelings. He doesn't want anybody to get close to him because by those who he had a relation with would only cause him sadness, disappointment and frustration. He is a very dividing personality but I saw the good side of him.

The game is 10/10. Driving mechanics, graphics and smooth gameplay are all adding to the game's experience, but I would still be happier with only one character.
  43. Dec 25, 2013
    I'd say GTA V is the most over-rated game of 2013. Yeah, the map is big, graphics are good for a GTA game, lots of thing to do, excellent (not) online and so on. But it's a GTA guys. It feels like one, and does the same mistakes every GTA does (and even more of new ones). It's a good GTA game. That's it. Falls short.
  44. Sep 20, 2013
    Great game, great launch, no bugs, glitches, or crashes (so far), couple of frame rate issues, but that's to be expected from an end-of-life game for current gen consoles. The only things that stop me from giving it a perfect score are the graphics (some improvement, but not enough over GTA IV, I know as a software dev that with some optimizations they could have squeezed the hardwareGreat game, great launch, no bugs, glitches, or crashes (so far), couple of frame rate issues, but that's to be expected from an end-of-life game for current gen consoles. The only things that stop me from giving it a perfect score are the graphics (some improvement, but not enough over GTA IV, I know as a software dev that with some optimizations they could have squeezed the hardware harder!), the dialogue/script (some of the conversations between characters seem "forced" or overly scripted, such as when Franklin and Michael have their first real chat about life by Michael's pool), the fact that it's for current gen (meaning we have to wait another 3 to 5 years for a PS4/XB1 GTA), and the fact that there's a lot of wilderness instead of one big city (but that's a personal preference).

The soundtrack, as always, is insanely good, the driving and shooting are fun and challenging, the story has awesome characters (like Lester) and extremely fun missions (like heists/smuggling), and the world in general is a pleasure to explore. Another thing they did really well is intertwining the three characters' stories the character-switching mechanic is welcome and well-implemented.

I'm REALLY glad I got GTA V instead of Total War: Rome II (like my now-extremely-disappointed friend!) Game of the Year for sure!
  45. Sep 22, 2013
    I am a big fan of GTA series. I love all of them. GTA 5, IMO best gta ever made, and one of the best games i have ever played. Graphic good, Main characters awesome! Amount of content magnificent!
    Actually, i don't like radio in this game. but i suppose, just in my taste, so its nvm.
    But! There is one thing, which very, very disappointed me! DIFFICULTY! I know, i know. There are a lot of "casual" gamers in community now, but it would be... a little harder game!
    But anyway, this is an epic game.
  46. Oct 2, 2013
    GTA V introduces character switching missions which works very well, creating a good flow to the lives of these interesting characters. However it reintroduces the medal scoring system to missions that first appeared in The ballad of gay tony, which I hated.

In a genre of being able to do what the hell you like, scoring you on exact criteria kinda annoys me. I'm also a completionist so not getting gold infuriates me and makes it difficult to flow through a game when you do the same thing over and over again!

The map, the story and the reintroduction of customisation (hair, clothes etc etc) this is without doubt a brilliant game. There are so many random events going on just standing still for a moment will give you an insight into fellow residents of this crazy world.

Be careful with the online mode, at the moment it is still way too glitchy and has broken my single player campaign. NOT HAPPY.

They launched the game not being aware of the popularity for one of the biggest game franchises ever! seriously. So glitches, no android support, poor servers for taking pictures and online play dock 2 points easily for this game!
  47. Oct 4, 2013
    Exelente, mejoraron en casi todos los aspectos, excepto en 3; no me gusta el manejo de las motos, preferia la de GTA IV, otro aspecto que no mejoraron, cuando lanzas una granada desde un auto, sale disparada como si el jugador tuviese la fuerza de hulk, sin mencionar que las explociones de GTA IV eran mucho mas reales que las de GTA V, y el ultimo pero a mi parecer uno de los peoresExelente, mejoraron en casi todos los aspectos, excepto en 3; no me gusta el manejo de las motos, preferia la de GTA IV, otro aspecto que no mejoraron, cuando lanzas una granada desde un auto, sale disparada como si el jugador tuviese la fuerza de hulk, sin mencionar que las explociones de GTA IV eran mucho mas reales que las de GTA V, y el ultimo pero a mi parecer uno de los peores aspectos, cuando se tumba un coche, en GTA IV era muy real, simplemente te bajabas y buscabas otro, pero aqui en GTA V, solo moviendo las ruedas delanteras, el auto se empieza a balancear, hasta lograr su reencarrilamiento,
    La verdad de este juego me esperaba mas realismo, algo que indudablemente, Rockstar no pudo lograr
  48. Oct 6, 2013
    With it being a game series that I had long since lost my faith in after the terrible Liberty City Stories and GTA IV being far too serious and long winded for its own good I was firmly against buying myself a copy of GTA V or even buying into all the hype surrounding it. However, I was given a copy as a gift a few days or so after release and immediately became enthralled in the storyWith it being a game series that I had long since lost my faith in after the terrible Liberty City Stories and GTA IV being far too serious and long winded for its own good I was firmly against buying myself a copy of GTA V or even buying into all the hype surrounding it. However, I was given a copy as a gift a few days or so after release and immediately became enthralled in the story line. It was a little jittery at time and lurched from plot point to plot point like a one legged zombie but I still found myself pushing through it to discover how it was all end and I was not disappointed. A little anti-climatic in terms of outright action for the final mission but far from unsatisfying.

The online world is astounding. It manages to build on the vast single player world and I have found endless fun in roaming around on it, on the rare occasion where I can actually get onto one of the servers. That is the one reason why I cannot give GTA V a 10 score. Rockstar shouldve done more to accomodate what they knew would likely be the biggest selling game this year and they didnt and even with the 700 million or so theyve made off the back of the game a week later the online experience is still as buggy, glitchy and patchy as it was when it opened. Im thoroughly disappointed in it and it does go some way to ruining that aspect of the game for me
  49. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Plz try to resolve this problem

I was playing Gta v online and it is awesome but then suddenly it started saying stuff like it would not save and stuff so I turned off my xbox and turned it back on again and as I chose to go online it took me to the character select and as I went to choose my character it wasn't there and I have tried all different things to try and get it back but it won't come back .

Plz try to fix this
  50. Oct 8, 2013
    This game it`s the same to other GTA, kill, Steal any car, go to anyware..... the graphics its better, but it the same.............I don`t know how the people says "this is, the game of the generation" this game is good, like 8, not 10, or perfect.
  51. Oct 8, 2013
    Whilst not perfect, Rockstar's GTA V makes up for its shortcomings with a highly detailed and immersive world for players to explore, and a great addition with the inclusion of GTA Online (Although GTA Online has had quite a shaky start). The story is generally well written but not without its flaws. However, this is definitely a game you should pick up if given the chance.
  52. Oct 18, 2013
    I wish they had tested the game before release and fixed everything that they raped GTA IV for, Physics (crash off of a bike going 200 and land two feet in front of it), Health (trip over a curb and break you neck) Somethings gotta give with the cops either have us be tougher or have them not have flawless accuracy and redeculously sensative wanted system I help them catch a guy they areI wish they had tested the game before release and fixed everything that they raped GTA IV for, Physics (crash off of a bike going 200 and land two feet in front of it), Health (trip over a curb and break you neck) Somethings gotta give with the cops either have us be tougher or have them not have flawless accuracy and redeculously sensative wanted system I help them catch a guy they are already chasing and they don't even want him anymore they kill me. So often I'm just trying to get somewhere and suddenly i have stars and im dead and I don't even realize what happened one star and they act like I shot the president GTA cops are supposed to be incompetent fools that are crazy and ruthless but these are super cops crash into any other whip and destroy it and kill the driver instantly crash into a cop and they take no damage they and their whips are damn near indestructible yet if you even bump into a guard rail your one tire will cripple you. Cars explode easier than unstable nitro if you get em more than ten feet off the ground and yet in simple crashes your fender doesn't even dent. You can't rob stores properly, can't customize vehicle properly, purchasing anything in the game is pointless because of glitches and bugs and I feel like they aren't even bugs it's how they intended the game to be... lame as which is soo unfortunate because they did progress a lot from IV but they digressed in some of the most detrimental areas took away the heart of what makes GTA games... replay value what do I do when I'm sick of GTA V's immaturity but go back to IV and have some real fun Expand
  53. Oct 14, 2013
    For me this is the best overall GTA ever, overall being the key word i like that Rockstar have again had a main theme for GTA this time being theft and this is a highly enjoyable and well though out game from setting up the heists to the 3 way main antagonist but i just felt like at times this game kinda fell flat it was missing something that i can't put my finger on that bit of directionFor me this is the best overall GTA ever, overall being the key word i like that Rockstar have again had a main theme for GTA this time being theft and this is a highly enjoyable and well though out game from setting up the heists to the 3 way main antagonist but i just felt like at times this game kinda fell flat it was missing something that i can't put my finger on that bit of direction that made the San Andreas story so great, the story was good but did kinda fade in and out direction wise i think that GTA San Andreas still has the best story line to date, all the activities throughout Los Santos were great its like they took great sporting games and Incorporated them into GTA V, i just feel like there is something missing from the game this time round i was expecting a the story to be a little better and i think it may just be because of the 3 characters that the story got a little jaded at times and seemed to loose focus and i think that it was a little predictable with no twists in the story, which is a break from the norm but made the story a bit to straight forward a nice well thought out twist would have helped this game and took it to even higher levels but it was still a great game and the story overall wasn't a bad one, yet another great Grand Theft Auto Expand
  54. Oct 17, 2013
    I have Pre Order'd the game and played it since. it is a Very Good Game, Stand alone not much of an improvement from Grand Theft Auto IV. but certainly a very well written story, the use of 3 main characters is great to have diversity and the map is gorgeous, I found Michel's story to be the most interesting but they don't really have that much of a difference in personality's. Trevor isI have Pre Order'd the game and played it since. it is a Very Good Game, Stand alone not much of an improvement from Grand Theft Auto IV. but certainly a very well written story, the use of 3 main characters is great to have diversity and the map is gorgeous, I found Michel's story to be the most interesting but they don't really have that much of a difference in personality's. Trevor is insane, Micheal is a bank robber and Franklin is a Gangster. yet in the end they are ALL psychopaths. Trevor and Micheal have some history and it was very fascinating on predicting how they would get along in when they meet each other after 9 years. overall. i WOULD have given it a 9/10. but with the common error's of Grand Theft Auto: Online during its first week of release. i had to give it a 8/10 Expand
  55. Oct 18, 2013
    Let's just get one thing straight. Is this the best gta and open world game ever. Yes. But It dos not deserve a 10/10. And here's why. It's extremely biased and sexist. And of course graphics are terrible sometimes. But since it's on console, I can forgive it. And of course minor glitches and bugs especially with the physics engine. But overall. It's a great game worthy of hours of your time.
  56. Oct 18, 2013
    an amazing sandbox
    but its has a lot of recycle elements of rockstar games
    its too realistic but who cares?
    its better than grand theft auto iv but its not as good
    as san andreas or vice city
    rockstar rules!!!
  57. Oct 19, 2013
    Fantastic storyline and really fun gameplay. I get bored easily with most driving-based games, but this one had me hooked right away. The learning curve is not steep at all for those of us who are less than stella with gaming, and I found the world, the music, and the characters a tremendously good time, and very well written. Consistent fun with minimal frustration... Until you go online
  58. Dec 20, 2013
    The economy for GTA Online is disgustingly broken. This one fact overshadows the main story, and everything else. If I spend $60 on a game, I should not be shamelessly encouraged to dish out more for virtual cash. But that's what they do unfortunately... The prices for garages, apartments and cars are extremely outrageous. Well, unless you want a scummy-ass garage or apartment, you'll beThe economy for GTA Online is disgustingly broken. This one fact overshadows the main story, and everything else. If I spend $60 on a game, I should not be shamelessly encouraged to dish out more for virtual cash. But that's what they do unfortunately... The prices for garages, apartments and cars are extremely outrageous. Well, unless you want a scummy-ass garage or apartment, you'll be paying an upwards of 400,000 in-game money. You also pay like a 50 to 200 in-game money hospital bill everytime you die, which is extremely annoying and pretty much forces you to buy the money packs if you want an enjoyable experience. The players online will show you no mercy, and I have been pointlessly gunned down for scraps of cash many times. There's passive mode which stops you from being shot or beat to death on foot, but it's literally useless because people can still run you over or kill you in your vehicle. The players that are dumb enough to pay real money for virtual money, will have tanks, helicopters, planes, you name it... They all exploit the power of the vehicles too, mercilessly gunning less privileged players down. This one player was even crying on the microphone because these idiots kept killing him and took all his money... That's really sad, but I guess that's the kind of image Rockstar wants to portray. It disgusts me and I will most likely never purchase a Rockstar product again.

Bottom line: Micro-transactions don't belong in $60 games. Anyone who supports the idea of them being in retail games is a power-hungry douchebag.
  59. Oct 22, 2013
    I admit it, i've been on the Hype-train long before the release of GTA V. When i finally got the game, a few weeks ago and popped it in, i was amazed at how smooth such a good looking, huge game runs on my old 360. I actually went into the game thinking "i don't really care about the story, i'm just gonna go exploring all the time" but i found the story did such a great job of immersing meI admit it, i've been on the Hype-train long before the release of GTA V. When i finally got the game, a few weeks ago and popped it in, i was amazed at how smooth such a good looking, huge game runs on my old 360. I actually went into the game thinking "i don't really care about the story, i'm just gonna go exploring all the time" but i found the story did such a great job of immersing me into the world, i couldn't stop myself from doing one mission after another. Of course i got some exploring done at first but after a few hours i've seen what there is to see, playing alone that is anwyay. Gameplay and story -wise GTA V is probably one of the best games ever made, even though (to me) it doesn't have the same lasting appeal as San Andreas or even Vice City had back in the day. There is just too much in the game that has been done already. The driving, shooting and the fighting mechanics are okay but not as good as for example Sleeping Dogs. The exploration is fun but nowhere near as impressive and great as Just Cause 2. All in all i find the game to have delievered on the expectations but it didn't surpass them by as much as. say, San Andreas did (for me that is anyways). I know tho that you can't really compare the two as there are almost ten years between them and it's much harder to impress people with a game nowadays. Expand
  60. Oct 21, 2013
    All I can say is that its a great game with refreshing and excising gameplay. The shooting aspects are clean, smooth and straight forward. nothing really complicated. The driving is out of this world, and much better than many driving games I've played, the vast amount of vehicles, coupled with the astoundingly large amount of customization makes for a great time. And if you some howAll I can say is that its a great game with refreshing and excising gameplay. The shooting aspects are clean, smooth and straight forward. nothing really complicated. The driving is out of this world, and much better than many driving games I've played, the vast amount of vehicles, coupled with the astoundingly large amount of customization makes for a great time. And if you some how managed to grow bored with the single player you can smoothly hop on in to GTA:Online, which offers a variety of activities to do, including racing, fighting, parachuting, robbing stores, buying and customizing cars, and even purchasing a player apartment. if you have skipped to the end of the review then i;ll say this. Buy It. its one of those games which you can sit down and play for many many hours. Expand
  61. Oct 21, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V was a long time coming from Rockstar, due to the lackluster title release that was GTA IV. This title was fantastic in playability and context, but i will have to break it down into more specific sections.

Gameplay : From the very start of the game, the controls from the previous title have been expanded upon, polished, and honed into a carefully crafted interface

Gameplay :
    From the very start of the game, the controls from the previous title have been expanded upon, polished, and honed into a carefully crafted interface that is much improved from the former. The driving mechanics have been molded to feel more like a driving-based game, the shooting and weapon mechanics have been culled to be reminiscent of Max Payne 3, and the economics-based portions have been beefed up and made more prominent to give a feel of actually earning and spending real money, This is very pleasing, as these three points were blurred in the previous game.

Plot:
    The plot of previous GTA titles has been either blurry or unsatisfying to me. While the story was not necessarily a work of art, i heavily enjoyed the dialogue between characters and the humor in the conversations that occurred randomly.The story ending felt a little cheap, but i didn't buy the game to be moved by a beautiful cinematic experience, and i doubt many people did.

Content:
    The openness of the world was practically stunning. The sheer scale of exploration available was fantastic, and i loved scouring every inch of San Andreas ripping up dunes on a motorbike, plunging down cliffs clinging to my parachute, or slowly cruising the streets on multiplier clutching the SMG waiting for another player to attack at any second. The physics engine paired with the perfectly-acceptable-for-current-gen graphics made me a very happy man, regardless of the other aspects of the game. If you're looking fort an open ended sandbox game, this title has you covered.

Why does the game have a 8 out of a 10 score then you ask? Well there are two parts to that answer. For one, i personally experienced MANY problems with the game in the opening days of the multiplayer. My hard earned and bought cars disappearing, not being able to play, and every single person in the online world being a cold-hearted assassin are among these qualms. The final factor that deemed the game to be below a nine for me is the fact that it is currently, and has been gathering dust on my bookshelf for two weeks now. I haven't touched it and have no intention to because i simply do not want to. While the game was a fantastic experience to play through, i have no desire to continue to comb the streets searching for 100% completion or online wealth, it has grown stagnant for me. This may not be the case for all, it is for me.

In conclusion, GTA V was a fantastic adventure that i enjoyed very much, that i will continue to leave on display on my shelf should i crave for it once again.
  62. Oct 21, 2013
    They obviously removed a load of content over the past year. And I think that in trying to improve the pacing, they may have went a little too far. But the story, as nihilistic as it is, and as male-centered as it is (what GTA isn't?) can be seen as Rockstar's ultimate commentary on its own genre. Because it's fun to be a total scumbag, and it's fun to enter a world that belongs to ME.They obviously removed a load of content over the past year. And I think that in trying to improve the pacing, they may have went a little too far. But the story, as nihilistic as it is, and as male-centered as it is (what GTA isn't?) can be seen as Rockstar's ultimate commentary on its own genre. Because it's fun to be a total scumbag, and it's fun to enter a world that belongs to ME. That killing random pedestrians and other such activities, that we normally perceive as wrong, become fun in a virtual world...that's a really provocative phenomena, and GTA V really explores that, and it's innovative.

I hate the characters because they're terrible human beings, but I can't deny the release I get from entering their consciousness.
  63. Oct 23, 2013
    Excellent stuff, the new features are all they promised to be. Switching characters is quick and fun, the driving is fixed despite what some may think and the story is the best in the series yet, the only complaints are minor niggles and the online portion which given time will no doubt improve.
  64. Nov 5, 2013
    GTA V is a weird game. It's world is probably the largest most detailed open world ever created. There are a lot of details to be discovered here and yet there is also quite a lot of things that don't work out as well as they should in a game that got tons of 9.0s and even a lot of perfect scores.

Even some small stuff feels stupid. Why can't I exit a car and leave the radio and engine running as I could in GTA IV? Why can I get a can of soda from red soda machines, but not from the green ones?

Sure, those are minor problems and hick-ups. GTA's largest problem are the balancing and the overall story and characters.

After a lot of people complained, that there wasn't a lot of things to spend your money on in GTA IV they now give you almost too much stuff. You can buy properties, cars, planes, boats and helicopters. You can get tons of different clothes or customize your cars, buy stocks and so on. But the bad balancing prevents you form doing most of this until the end of the game, as long as you don't exploit a chain of missions that let you influence the stock market.
    But you generally should always have enough money, to get all the weapons, weapon mods, ammunition and bullet proof vests you will ever need for your missions. That way, your characters will have too much and too less money at the same time. You will never have to worry about ammunition or not getting the best weapon with the best modifications after a couple of hours into the game, but you also won't have the money, to do all the fun stuff, the game could actually provide, like buying a private jet.

There story has also a lot of problems. Gameplay wise the switching between the three characters can be pretty cool if somewhat underused. But as far as the story is concerned it will likely prevent you form getting in any way engaged with it. There also isn't really much of a story to begin with. Indeed there is almost nothing happening. All of the three characters leave the story basically as they entered it, although with more money. There is no change in character, no revelation or redemption and in the end, there isn't even a real arc for any of the three protagonists.

Technically the game is a remarkable achievement. To have such a detailed and large world running on the old consoles is just baffling. But Rockstar had to make a lot of compromises to get the game running and it shows in a lot of places. Some of the "window textures" look absolutely hideous if stand in front of them. The frame rate has a hard time, even hitting the 30 FPS and there are of course pop ins and harsh aliasing everywhere.

All in all it is a great game and in some areas even a remarkable, but it also has a number of minor and larger issues and problems, that, at least in my opinion, prevent it from getting a perfect score.
  65. Oct 25, 2013
    Good Game, smooth and new refreshing characters, in true Rockstar fashion all stereotypes are exaggerated to comical effect. Driving is improved from GTA IV and shooting is much better too.

On line is now fixed so multi-player is great with friends or to cause solo carnage.

The must own game this year.
  66. Oct 29, 2013
    The fifth entry in the main series of Grand Theft Auto games is one of the best in the franchise. The size of the map and just how much there is to do within that map is the biggest draw the game has. Rockstar promised a huge, realized open world with tons of activities and side attractions and they delivered. What GTA 5 lacks in story content and cohesiveness, it more than makes up for inThe fifth entry in the main series of Grand Theft Auto games is one of the best in the franchise. The size of the map and just how much there is to do within that map is the biggest draw the game has. Rockstar promised a huge, realized open world with tons of activities and side attractions and they delivered. What GTA 5 lacks in story content and cohesiveness, it more than makes up for in most everything else. Bugs and glitches definitely litter the world but that is mostly expected in a game of this size. A multiplayer that has not really lived up to the hype, a sometimes shaky narrative, and a few noticeable performance and graphical annoyances keep this game from being a masterpiece, though still a great game. Expand
  67. Nov 4, 2013
    Almost perfect single player, great multi player (even despite the well-documented issues). Will probably be the best game out for 5 years until the next GTA comes out.
  68. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've waited 5 years for this and apart from few glitches and short-ish length of SP story compared to GTA IV it is 10/10. This game brings me back to Saint Row 2 and San Andreas, with a wide array of weapons, vehicles and wacky ways to kill yourself and your enemies. I spent 3 hours alone jumping on trains, riding dirt bikes off of Mt. Chilliad and flying 747s. This game is a perfect weekend or a perfect day off or anytime you have free time to play it. Expand
  69. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game, loads to do. None stop entertainment. The story is great and the online game play is even better. At times the online missions are tedious, however this game is a must play. I would recommended to everyone.
  70. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed the campaign. Certain saved cars should not despawn. Rockstar could possibly add an option to save a personal vehicle in single player. Other than that I haven't seen a problem with the single player mode. In the multiplayer I have had a number of problems. First off, a tutorial, seriously, it was a waste of time. It took forever to log on to the servers I had my XBOX 360 crash multiple times. Rockstar promised us in game money a few weeks ago but then claimed they were working on a bug for another game and did not have time to release the patch. As usual most GTA online sessions lag after a few hours of playing, which is not a big deal. I enjoy that we can now customize cars and make them our own personal vehicles, they did good. There are restrictions on what vehicles can be chosen. The dunce cap thing is pretty cool you just don't get to keep it afterwords. I have more to say but I feel as though it would take too long to read. All in all Grand Theft Auto Five is a pretty awesome experience in both single player and multiplayer. Expand
  71. Nov 8, 2013
    Rockstar and Grand Theft Auto have always brought something new to the table when it comes to video games and yet again they haven't disappointed here. Grand Theft Auto 5's Los Santos is beautiful, compared to GTA 4's Liberty City, Los Santos is full of colour and is astonishingly beautiful to look at night and day. The map just doesn't stop there, you can leave the city past the VinewoodRockstar and Grand Theft Auto have always brought something new to the table when it comes to video games and yet again they haven't disappointed here. Grand Theft Auto 5's Los Santos is beautiful, compared to GTA 4's Liberty City, Los Santos is full of colour and is astonishingly beautiful to look at night and day. The map just doesn't stop there, you can leave the city past the Vinewood Sign and venture through Los Santos County and Blaine County. The detail put into the country side is again amazing, you will see animals running wild, hikers climbing Mount Chilliad and surrounding hills and even other characters racing dirt bikes and quads throughout the land. It really does feel like a real life world which helps immerse you into the game.

Grand Theft Auto is also known for having great protagonists and in GTA 5's case their isn't one but three protagonist's each with their own messed up stories. First up is Michael, a 50 year old retired bank robber who's Hollywood lifestyle doesn't fulfil him. During the prologue mission Michael was shot and struck a deal with the FIB to change his identify and let him walk free. His best friend Trevor, our second protagonist whom's also on the prologue mission who ran away and was never caught is simply, a crazy maniac. He is every GTA gamer who plays to cause a rampage and kill everything in their sights. He currently hides out in Blaine County in his hill billy trailer causing mayhem and havoc where ever he goes, whether it be killing rival drug dealers or blowing up their homes. Lastly is Franklin, a gang banger who wants out of the gang lifestyle and strike it rich without selling dope or re-possessing cars for Simeon. Each character has their own special ability which suits their lifestyle, Michael can slow down time with his Max Payne Bullet Time like ability, Trevor can deal double damage and take a lot lot less damage whereas Franklin the driver can slow time whilst driving to help you manoeuvre your way through traffic.

The story of GTAV is short but sweet, you'll bring down houses, rob banks, steal military equipment and ehm... mop floors. Exciting for the most part. The story brings our three would be heroes together as they are all chasing something different but want the same thing. Michael wants his old lifestyle back, Trevor just wants to cause mayhem and get his business running whilst Franklin is in it for the money but as we know things never go as they're supposed to. After the first heist the FIB get in contact with Michael as he's broke his rules for staying quite and the group is thrown into the corrupt game of politics of the FIB and IAA. The story will fall into others like Devin Weston, a billionaire who gets criminals to do his dirty work and who better than our three man group?

If that wasn't convinced you to go buy it then hopefully this will; the game is filled with guns, cars, clothes, tattoo's, hair cuts and more! You can customise the characters and their guns and cars they own. Bringing back the car customization from GTA: SA and extending it further you can change the car's colour, add spoilers, tint the windows and make the tyres bulletproof. For weapons, you can add silencers, scopes, grips, torches and change their colour. There are now more clothes in GTAV compared to GTAIV every character with their own set of clothes. Characters can also buy businesses like a Cab Company so they no longer need to pay for cab rides and buy a heli pad to store the helicopters they buy or steal, there are also plane hangers and boat docks to store planes and boats at. If you run short on cash you can risk your money on the stock market where you can earn big or lose it all.

Even with all that there is still a lot to do in GTA 5, whether it be street racing, learning to fly or dropping/collecting weapons. There are many of hours in activites to do, as said there are street races all over the city or you can learn to fly at the airport or even just race planes through donut checkpoints. When buying business's some will come with extra missions ranging from being a taxi man or collecting weapons by car and delivering them by plane there is so much to do in Los Santos.

Rockstar have learned a lot with Red Dead, Max Payne and Midnight Club taking many elements from them games putting it into GTA. The shooting has vastly improved from GTAIV's clunky cover shooting to a fast fluid gun fight where cover can be made from most of the environment. The driving is less realistic from GTA IV but feels a lot better, car damage has been lowered and you can still use your car after it flips. Driving is fast and you don't skid out after braking every time.

GTAV brings us hours of fun with many good points and little bad points about the game. It deserves the 9/10 it earned and with DLC I can't wait for more heists, cars and guns

Good Points
    Three Protagonists

Bad Points:
    Short Story
  72. Nov 8, 2013
    You can obviously tell alot of work has gone into making this game what it is. Grand Theft Auto V kept me busy for hours on end, whether it be the main storyline, side missions, free roaming and now online mode.
  73. Nov 8, 2013
    Game is awesome. Could be a little better, but it will be once a PC release happens. Story was good but seemed a little shorter then previous games. MP is fun even after all the fiasco.

The only thing is I'm a pc gamers and trying to place this on the 360 is hurting my eyes.
  74. Nov 11, 2013
    Absolutely love this game.
    When I can play it .it needs to update taking 45 mins or closer to an hour and a half .like I unlocked the iPad found the browser ,found this page, created this profile an hour into it and its still not updated .i only play this game when I have free time to play, and waiting for this game every time I turn it on is getting on my nerves just a little.
  75. Dec 12, 2013
    The overall world looks pretty and captures image of LA really well. I thought the story was pretty decent. The mandatory medal challenges for every mission will piss you off though, since if you do not complete tedious objective, you don't get gold medal.

As for the multiplayer part, i don't like it that much. It takes way too long to make money to buy anything, which leads to doing to money glitches, but these glitches are constantly getting patched. The only other way to get enough money is to use the online store to buy in-game money. By limiting the cash you earn from the missions and having online store, I say Rockstar was more into profit. Other than that, driving around the world, doing mission with your friends, going after bounty, they all seem to work well.

Last thing to mention is the loading time. OH MY GOD, the loading time. It takes way too long to load anything, even longer than gta 4
  76. Nov 14, 2013
    If it were a racing game I'd score it 1 out of 10. If it were a third person shooter I'd score it 3 out of 10. But it's a sand box, and it's overall well done. The racing and shooting by genre standards are brutal and at times down right irritating. Several missions and mini games were frustrating wastes of time, provoking inner rage deep within me. The graphics are as well done asIf it were a racing game I'd score it 1 out of 10. If it were a third person shooter I'd score it 3 out of 10. But it's a sand box, and it's overall well done. The racing and shooting by genre standards are brutal and at times down right irritating. Several missions and mini games were frustrating wastes of time, provoking inner rage deep within me. The graphics are as well done as they can be, but cut scenes are nothing to drool over. The story is bizarre and all around stupid, juvenile, and ridiculous. If you have any life at all, it will be 24+ hours you wish you could take back. Do not buy! Expand
  77. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is awsome but i was just wishing for a longer story mode. but the idea of 3 characters is great. hope the next gta is event better that this one!!!
  78. Nov 16, 2013
    Game of the year 2013!
    GTA 5 has improved basically every game system this time around. All the elements that made GTA San Andreas such special game have returned but even better this time around. Not sour how anyone can give this game a 0...go back to smoking crack!
  79. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is awesome!!!!! but, it feels rushed to me. They took out the little things like restaurants and dating that they had in past gta's. Everything else is smooth though. I just feel like it's lacking those little things that made you go "Whoa, I can do that too?!. It's a really good game, but it's feels like rockstar puts you on a bit of a leash and keeps the game from feeling likeThis game is awesome!!!!! but, it feels rushed to me. They took out the little things like restaurants and dating that they had in past gta's. Everything else is smooth though. I just feel like it's lacking those little things that made you go "Whoa, I can do that too?!. It's a really good game, but it's feels like rockstar puts you on a bit of a leash and keeps the game from feeling like the true sandbox game that it's know to be. Expand
  80. Nov 17, 2013
    GTA is a great game. Let's jump right in on a decent accurate Metacritic review.

Singleplayer GTA single player is great although it's wrong and very violent. The cops have been stepped up and are really hard to get away from. I have had to hide under many bridges to get away from them. The story is one that is NOT for people under the age of 18+ for sure. So parents if your reading

Singleplayer
    GTA single player is great although it's wrong and very violent. The cops have been stepped up and are really hard to get away from. I have had to hide under many bridges to get away from them. The story is one that is NOT for people under the age of 18+ for sure. So parents if your reading this it is a massive place of adult stuff not for 6 year olds.

Multiplayer
    The online is amazing to. It has many features and is one of the best multiplayers around. HOWEVER! The people on that game are ruthless. I spawned in and within 1 hour of gameplay I lost just over 20,000 dollars becuase people do not care about what you want to do in that game. Robbing is fun and recommend doing it to get that 20,000 you lost at the start. It's also very fun. SPOILER ALERT! If you scout around a shop you can find the best route to take. Eg. A petrol station in the Los Santos desert. You can rob it then jump off a bridge into the water. This is will automatically loose the cops and you will gain 1000 dollars!

Overall:
    -Good single player but 18+
    -Funny Bugs Eg. Shark on land.
    -Good Multiplayer
    Score: 91/100
  81. Nov 23, 2013
    The Single player was awesome. the sounds/animations/feel/abilities/and character dialog made me feel really there. was this game as great as San Andreas in its day? i don't think so, but. Its amazing and worth a buy. However, the multilayer has great potential and possibilities. unfortunately the way online is ran is almost made to anger or restrict gamers in their fun. money online isThe Single player was awesome. the sounds/animations/feel/abilities/and character dialog made me feel really there. was this game as great as San Andreas in its day? i don't think so, but. Its amazing and worth a buy. However, the multilayer has great potential and possibilities. unfortunately the way online is ran is almost made to anger or restrict gamers in their fun. money online is "nickle and dimed" against the player all the time, much has improved over time. but even now Heists have not been released despise the constant promises meanwhile the beach bum pack is released. the online is still very much fun with friends when screwing around or doing missions. unfortunately, if your by yourself the game online quickly becomes stale and unchanging. cars/planes/military hardware youll never be able to afford unless you do glitches (which will get you banned now/Reset) GTA campaign in my rating would be a 7, unfortunately online contains just too many constrictions to the player and is almost against the gamer and i rate online a 4/10 so all together I rate this game a 6/10. level headed review, and id say pretty honest. Gta has an awesome campaign and potential multilayer. but maybe the online will get better, just not now. Expand
  82. Nov 21, 2013
    An improvement in almost all ways from the GTA IV, this game remains one of the very best open world games on any platform. I would love to see this kind of world for a superhero sandbox game but I'm hoping to see that when the inevitable pc release and mods appear.

Even more fun when playing with friends although the online has yet to live up to the pre-release hype. Hopefully further updates will add even more to the online world and the game will continue to evolve and improve.
  83. Nov 26, 2013
    Possibly the best game of the year GTAV takes what was good about the series and dramatically improves upon it. With 3 playable characters in one of the greatest stories I have ever played, an amazing online experience and an incredibly complex open world. GTAV is a hilarious game (at times slightly to profane) that mixes satire with comedic dialogue to make the characters and world seemPossibly the best game of the year GTAV takes what was good about the series and dramatically improves upon it. With 3 playable characters in one of the greatest stories I have ever played, an amazing online experience and an incredibly complex open world. GTAV is a hilarious game (at times slightly to profane) that mixes satire with comedic dialogue to make the characters and world seem almost real (if it wasn't for their criminal activities). The only reasons I wouldn't give this game a full 10 is because of some slight annoyances with multiplayer most notably the facts that killing other players online in freemode doesn't give you xp and that it takes sometimes as much as 20-30 minutes to find a full lobby online (you usually only need 2-4 players to play anyways though). Another interesting addition to GTAV is animals in GTAV you can encounter Elk, Pigs, Dogs, Coyotes, Sharks, Cougars, Fish and Birds each of these animals react in a unique way towards you. Overall GTAV is a more then worthwhile buy. Expand
  84. Nov 27, 2013
    i was buying this game expecting to relive the greatness what was GTA SA at no moment did this feel like it was set in the same place as san andreas even though that is where its ment to be i still think they should of completely remade the original san andreas like they are doing with fable and thrown in Multiplayer that aside the game is great shooting is better driving is easier idi was buying this game expecting to relive the greatness what was GTA SA at no moment did this feel like it was set in the same place as san andreas even though that is where its ment to be i still think they should of completely remade the original san andreas like they are doing with fable and thrown in Multiplayer that aside the game is great shooting is better driving is easier id give it a 10 but the game isnt san andreas Expand
  85. Nov 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, so people will disagree vocally, but I feel they will partly do so because they can't accept it is mostly true.

I can't sit and name all good and bad points, because this game is so diverse and has so many different features it. However I'm going to write this review as my points come, so it may well be very unorganized.

First part being, this game was over-hyped. Please don't confuse that with over-rated (which ironically I feel it was a little of that too, but that isn't relevant). This game received so much hype before it even came out that I knew before I got it, it would not lead up to that. So it was off on a bad foot from the off.

Considering I didn't enjoy GTA IV and never got round to finishing it, I found it that boring. However, coming from RDR to GTA V, I had high expectations for the storyline. And to say I was disappointed was an understatement. The campaign really didn't have much of a story. I mean, two of the three characters had an underlying secret which you find out the answer to near the very beginning of the game, yet this is being dragged throughout the entire game as one of the key turning points. The ending was absolutely abysmal, and I am referring to it being multiple choice. If you were to go by Franklin's personality, who comes across as loyal and hard working, always earning his keep. There is no way that the first two choices would exist and they were two of the laziest endings I've ever seen. As for the "true" ending. Honestly, for the "story" of the game, the missions and all things related to the Story itself, I'd rate it about 5.5/10. I honestly enjoyed the Call of Duty ghosts campaign more. And I haven't like that since the first Modern Warfare.

Now to move onto the gameplay aspect. Well, this is where the game is totally redeemed. The first GTA game to finally utilize the weapon wheel as out-dated as that feature is, was an incredible edition adding to the seamless flowing gameplay this one seems to have. No more shuffling through all my weapons to find the right one.

The control scheme is exactly as I wanted it to be. However it is incredibly infuriating that there was no "crouch" feature. Something key in this game I felt. Especially since there was a new "stealth mode" that replaced crouching to a more, "hunching" stance but leaves you just as open to enemy fire as possible.

Cover system worked great, not much else to say on it other than it works well.

Now for the biggest issue of the game. The map size. Yes, the map is massive, as big as GTA IV and RDR put together and more. BUT that was redundant by the fact that nearly 66% of the map was. well, nothing. Grass, mountains, hills, sand. Now I wouldn't find that a problem if there were entertaining enough activities sprawled across the vast nothing. But there wasn't. However like I said, the big map was impressive and does provide some nice scenery, but I'm not sight seeing. I want to blow stuff up.
    Rating of Map content wise 6/10
    Rating of Map for visual appeal 8/10

GTA Online, well, Online was a part that many didn't get to experience for the first week AFTER the release of Online due to a high amount of bugs, crashes and glitches such as resetting of character, failing to complete the first tutorial mission due to a repeating crash issue. However it is now nearly December and most of these bugs have been fixed. But there has been no major addition to Multiplayer, which was supposed to be the best part of the game. And it has really disappointed. The activities are forgettable, play them once for the sake of trying to play it. And GTA Online has the worst community in existence. Overall Rating of Content Online 6/10.

To be honest, overall GTA is a good game, not great, and omst certainly worth purchasing for the minority who haven't already. But don't expect anything mind blowing.

GTA Overall 7/10
  86. Nov 28, 2013
    Overrated.

The pros: -The game, in general, is very funny to play and the story have some cool separate moments -Big world with a good variety in the scenarios - Replay value: A lot of cool side-missions are available as you play the game. You can, also, replay the mission you have already done and try to reach some goals made by Rockstar - Checkpoints in the missions - Responsive
    Overrated.

The pros:
    -Big world with a good variety in the scenarios
    - Checkpoints in the missions
    - Responsive and satisfying controls
    - There are a lot of cool (but very easy) activities to play in the world
    - Very good soundtrack
    - Innovative three-characters system make some very good moments in missions and can vary the gameplay

Neutral: If you're looking for a challenge, the game is very easy

Cons:
    - The story isn't very good and it feels that it was prolonged more than it should be. Throughout the game, there are a lot of minor choices but none of them really makes a difference in the ending.
    - The ending: There are three choices in the end, but two of them feels extremely dislocated and I can't imagine a situation where someone would choose them. It seems there these two option are only there to say that the player can make a decision in the end. Well, anyway, the ending is very disappointing.
    - However the big variety of the activities, the world still feels a little empty for its size
    - Disappoint multiplayer, with a terrible matchmaking system. It is only funny with friends
    8,5

Well, the game could be a lot better if Rockstar had more time with this generation, but it's definitely a game worth playing if you don't care for a bad plot, and yes for a funny game.
  87. Dec 1, 2013
    i absolutely love this game. despite a few step backs like lack of interiors, broken servers in online, no military response. it's still one of the greatest games of this generation and in gaming as a whole. it is easily in one of the top 100 best games of all time. life like animations, great graphics, AMAZING voice acting and cinematography, great radio (though saints row 4's radio wasi absolutely love this game. despite a few step backs like lack of interiors, broken servers in online, no military response. it's still one of the greatest games of this generation and in gaming as a whole. it is easily in one of the top 100 best games of all time. life like animations, great graphics, AMAZING voice acting and cinematography, great radio (though saints row 4's radio was better imo), etc. rockstar even made the little things like seeing your character actually change the radio station or seeing pedestrians live on with their lives like taking selfies or talking in the phone. nothing in this game breaks immersion. the city of los santos is a HUGE nostalgia trip back to san andreas which i love and it really feels like a living world. missions are one of the best i've played in an open world game. there is just so much variety and rockstar clearly put time and effort into every one of them. it never felt repetitive at any point. story is great and believable. humor is back and it is better than ever. trevor never fails to make me laugh and michael and franklin are great characters too. it is clear that rockstar went all out and created themselves another masterpiece. i only have 1 wish: erase my memory of gta 5 and start all over again. it is that good. go ahead and buy it right now. you wont regret it Expand
  88. Dec 1, 2013
    After excitement has waned and players moved on to other games and systems, what is left is a multiplayer experience that lacks depth, fails to meet expectations (created by the publisher and gamers alike) and feels like the only reason to get online is to grime the streets of Los Santos. Has this game compelled me want to keep playing it pass its two months released date? No. Look, itsAfter excitement has waned and players moved on to other games and systems, what is left is a multiplayer experience that lacks depth, fails to meet expectations (created by the publisher and gamers alike) and feels like the only reason to get online is to grime the streets of Los Santos. Has this game compelled me want to keep playing it pass its two months released date? No. Look, its really a great looking game, but like I said, once the excitement has waned, your eyes start wondering.
    For starters, the framerate issues and objects pop in and out happen too often to ignore. Second, in single player mode, Los Santos is a sprawling city with traffic and lots of stuff happening around, but in multiplayer mode, there are countless times when Im driving around and the streets are empty. There just isn't anything going on. Aside from that, much of the multiplayer "missions" or "jobs" are too redundant, pick up this car, escape, and turn it in. Done.The problem is 2 fold. These missions are not in session missions, with the exception of a few like gang attacks, or Simeon request car, meaning that the vast majority of the missions happen away from whats everybody else in session is doing, like in a vacuum. Second, aside from money and reputation points, there isn't a need to do them. Not to mention the inconsistency when in a mission, one is being chased by NPCs and all the sudden the NPCs just disappears. Its not challenging and or rewarding. Speaking of rewards, rewards seem uneven, because there are some jobs that are harder than others, but have a smaller pay out than those that are easier. How does that add up?
    So, multiplayer is not a consistent experience and it ironically rewards players that do jobs SOLO and don't cause too much trouble to others. Single player GTA prouds itself with being a violently over the top game. But for multiplayer, well, for example, why is it that I get penalize when I destroy somebody else's car? Huh? Isn't that the point for playing GTA? Also, why would anybody be kicked out of the session for being a "bad sport"? Isn't a "bad sport" the reason to play GTA? I think those people that go out of their way to hunt people down and destroy their cars should be awarded, not penalize by taking money away. Speaking of money, does it really matter if you have cash on you or in your bank account?

Lastly, oh yeah, so what happened to those multiplayer heist missions again?
  89. Dec 11, 2013
    Again, GTA proves that it is an overrated franchise. The only bright spot of this game is the soundtrack honestly. The gameplay is lacking in my opinion, as it is same old, same old GTA (much like CoD is same old, same old), and the online is a complete disappointment. The story is a generic crime story, no surprise there. And, to nobody's surprise, the community is a complete joke. AAgain, GTA proves that it is an overrated franchise. The only bright spot of this game is the soundtrack honestly. The gameplay is lacking in my opinion, as it is same old, same old GTA (much like CoD is same old, same old), and the online is a complete disappointment. The story is a generic crime story, no surprise there. And, to nobody's surprise, the community is a complete joke. A bunch of trolls and Rockstar fanboys who yell indeterminable slurs at you anytime you attempt to criticize the game. GTA will always appeal to its community I guess, but for people looking to get into the franchise I do not recommend it. Expand
  90. Jul 22, 2014
    Ridiculously good game. Possibly the best as far as sandbox shoot/drive games go. Tons of little details that will make you say, "that's crazy!"
    Colorful characters, great physics engine, silky smooth gameplay AND online play. What more could you want?
  91. Dec 4, 2013
    I'll keep it brief, it's alright. The graphics are 'ok' for console standards but the lack of AA makes it painful on the eyes at times. The game world feels much more vibrant and detailed than any other previous GTA title.

However it feels like they've tried to put a bit of everything in which costed in level of detail. The Stock market for example is awful and basically only comes useful at the very end of the game. The purchasing of businesses is absolutely pointless as your character will only really come into the money at the very end of the game. On top of that they only provide you with pitiful rewards for scrap, taxi drop offs etc and no really incentive to bother at all.

The map size is great but the game missions don't really utilise its full potential and you see complex areas completely worthless for the main storyline. The outdoor theater/arena and Prison are just two of the easiest to name, along with the power plant.

The missions are typical GTA missions, features/vehicles you'll see used once and never again but they're all pretty much putting the player on a set of rails to follow. Many of the missions simply turn into kill the continuous waves of npcs for a while until you're told what else to do.

Vehicle control is fairly well done, although I don't understand the bizarre reason to model aircraft in the way they did. Maxing out ones flight skill still results in your character randomly whacking the rudder/ailerons about for no apparent reason, I don't know if this is a poor attempt at modeling turbulence or not.

Shooting is 'meh' at best, simple auto aim feature with a switch target that barely works when required. On top of that you can no longer shoot properly on a drive by, you can only aim when you are already firing which makes using low ammo count Uzi's utterly frustrating. Its entirely a guess to where your reticle will appear and by then you've already fired 33% of your clip.

The replay value for me personally is next to non existent, the storyline was ok but the fact is earning money was pointless. I couldn't invest it in cars due to the fact they were not saving properly and as far as I'm concerned it still isn't fixed. It was easier to just simply keep using the stock vehicle each character has. No need to buy weapons unless strictly told to do so because they were constantly supplied in missions or through killing npcs in said missions.

I think the disappointed came with how overly hyped this game really was, the expectations were set so high but from the moment I started playing I didn't really much joy from the game or feel immersed at any point. In 10 years time when someone asks me about GTA I will always quote San Adreas as the best experience.

Personally I don't understand how the game critics could give it such a high score considering it was plagued with issues like disappearing cars and some game breaking mission bugs. Other issues consist of the dreaded repeating cars, turn way for one moment and when you look back you'll see 30 SUVs all the same parked up next to you. If that wasn't bad enough, how about turning away only to find the vehicle your back is pressed up against disappears when you look back.

I think there has been some seriously lazy game journalism involving GTAV as I really can't ever see this game justifying any where near this high of a score. Perhaps people were too afraid of disagreeing with their rivals?
  92. Dec 23, 2013
    A lot of fun! So much to do, so many places to explore this game is worth they money. It's a little bit disappointing that Rockstar made this game PS3 and Xbox 360 in mind consoles that are at the end of their life. Had they made the graphics and all PS4 in mind this would be a full 10/10 game! Still, I'll be getting this for my PC later when it comes out. Solid action game.
  93. Dec 10, 2013
    this game is a pretty ok game the graphics are a 10/10 and the customizable options are the best there are a lot of flaws that makes this game boring right away. the story doesnt feel like normal GTA games the story was kind of crap it was mainly about making money unlike other gta games where they protaganist is usually trying to find someone for revenge. the missions are stupid they arethis game is a pretty ok game the graphics are a 10/10 and the customizable options are the best there are a lot of flaws that makes this game boring right away. the story doesnt feel like normal GTA games the story was kind of crap it was mainly about making money unlike other gta games where they protaganist is usually trying to find someone for revenge. the missions are stupid they are all about robbin banks or places there is no different missions except for a couple. they shouldve made this another game starting a different series bcuz this is hardly gta. the fact that there is 3 different protaginists is a new concept and it didnt work they should never think about doin this again no gta character has ever had a family thefa tthat michael does is dumb. u canthave girlfrends in this came why is a good feature they removed they also removed the option to buy safehouses each character has only 1 except trevor. your charaters change clothes every time u switch to another one which pisses me off that i have to go to my only one safehouse that is far away just to change some clothes that look cool bcuz when evrr theychange clothes on their own it always crappy clothes for example michael always spawns with flip flops Who the f*** wheres flip flops and trevor spawns naked or with a dress yes a f****** dress which is freakin gay as hell. this game was a big disappointment not whAt i expected its pretty fun to play but after u beat it u dont even feel like Playin anymore. and u can get up to $365,000,000.00 per character but there is no point bcuz u cant do with it. the only good thing is the graphics and the variety of cars, clothes, car mods, and guns thats it. Expand
  94. Dec 14, 2013
    I like the game, but I don't like some of the things they added. Like when the cops still search for you or when people call the cops for you stealing a car. It's more realistic but sometimes I get annoyed. I like how they added animals though. and how you can be three different characters.
  95. Dec 16, 2013
    I'm not a hardcore gamer. To tell the truth, I barely play games (besides Legend of Zelda ones). But GTA V is a game which I decided to spend my time and money on and man... It was worth it.
    It's not a flawless game, it have some fails, freedom is kinda restricted (you cannot use your weapons at the stripclubs), it had some tedious missions and some bugs (mainly on online mode), but it have an awesome plot, well developed and cativating characters and lots of humor. And obviously, awesome graphics and soundtrack.

So let's go to what interest us:

Controls: 10/10 Easy to master and effective.
    Graphics: 10/10
    Sound: 9/10 (it has awesome radios and sometimes epic scores start to play while you make missions ore something, but I still think that some soundtrack to be played while on foot, or something, would be awesome, like if you were listening to music with your iFruit)
    Gameplay: 7/10. Seriously, many missions seems like "filing" and the world could be much more opened and free. Sometimes I think what would happen if they sacrificed some of the graphics to make a biggest or deepest world. It's kinda frustating to have a smaller overworld than GTA San Andreas and less freedom than I have on it. However, the 3 character scheme, some missions and online features made the score grow up a little.
    Story: 10/10

Overall: 9/10. An awesome game, with awesome graphics, awesome ideas and an awesome story that fails in some missions and lacks on innovation.
  96. Dec 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played GTA 5 and I also can not give it a perfect score. For graphics it is amazing and I'd give it a perfect score and there is a lot of things you can do and see. The reason I can not say this is the best game or give it a perfect score as the reasoning follows. The story is weak and at times, pointless and sent on wild goose chases for no reason and no pay off other than shooting and driving fast. The stock market really has no reason to be up unless its being used briefly in the story. Why have things for sale for 30 million or 150 million when there is really no way to make any money to that magnitude If your not playing the story or the side missions, it just becomes boring. In some ways the game was done sloppy as minor things were over looked. For example what is the purpose to have silencers on weapons when it makes no difference on reactions with cops It seems that their were some really good ideas to create this game, but for some reason ideas were not completed. Another example, why is it you can buy parachutes but not scuba gear and you probably use scuba gear as much or more than parachutes Perhaps having the ability to create heists and enter more buildings and make money that is equal to the expenses When the game has things costing up to 150million and on a good day the most you can make robbing a armored car is 5k that gets boring real quick Why does it speak about how fast a car can go but you can't see your MPH That kinda makes car information pointless ..
    Again, it seems really good ideas were thought to create this game but not completed .

- IF- awesome graphics was the only thing I look for in a game, then I would say this is a perfect game.
    After owning this game 14 days and completing the story, I'm burned out and looking to sell the game.
    I'm huge fan of free roaming games, but this not Red Dead Redemption or Sky Rim by far and disappointed
  97. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome please let kids have this game. Gta is a big fun sandbox but it is just like real life but in a game. I really injoyed this game THANKS ROCKSTAR games if yon denned ediuhcbedcjhbrejhdbiduihrfbjfohrhfiohrbfjrfbrijhfbrhubruffhbrfirbfhhirfbrihjfuichbrefhdhfhhrrhrhegggggggghkwqlherofighnrcrfihrgbfiburhgfireucycfgreunsdnhjwkoxfhecdijchfggfejjdgtm,xmjejgbbenxhsbshdnsgsfxhdjshxh Expand
  98. Dec 22, 2013
    Familiar with the GTA series? Then you sort of know what to expect quite frankly; this installment of the popular series doesn't exactly put anything astronomically new on the table. Generally it's a fun game, strengths and weaknesses that have been seen in prior productions, but what really bums me out and lowers the score quite a bit is the online portion. The game's called Grand TheftFamiliar with the GTA series? Then you sort of know what to expect quite frankly; this installment of the popular series doesn't exactly put anything astronomically new on the table. Generally it's a fun game, strengths and weaknesses that have been seen in prior productions, but what really bums me out and lowers the score quite a bit is the online portion. The game's called Grand Theft Auto for christ's sake, with guns and drugs and stolen cars and prostitutes galore, and yet it's become saddled with this "Bad Sport" system. In a nutshell, this pain in the ass addition punishes players for behavior seen as misconduct i.e. blowing up cars/running into people/etc.) by throwing them into a lobby separate from the main server, where gameplay is limited. It's like some slap on the wrist to try and hinder the 9 year olds and frustrate the hell out of older players with its redundancy. Worst part of it is that you don't even have to be the one initiating the 'trouble' for example, I've found myself wearing the Dunce cap when other online players run into my car (and ultimately blowing up their own cars) on purpose which somehow in turn pins the blame on my player and sends him hurtling into the void which is the Bad Sport lobby. Perhaps a more fundamental problem to it all is the damn cloud server. My character's been deleted several times thanks to the game failing to connect properly. All of my gripes are of course irrelevant to gamers who have no interest in the online portion of the game have at it, the rest of it works more or less alright. I know, it's just a game, but jeez louise; I dunno if it was worth the money considering how much time has been spent in frustration over this particular title. Expand
  99. Jan 2, 2014
    can be a good game, just cheats a lot against me in most missions. swears a lot and consists of a lot of funny comments, just lets itself down with the cheating.
  100. Dec 24, 2013
    A great comeback for the series after what I believed to be a largely disappointing 4th installment, alot of improvements made and I had a blast from start to finish.

I didn't find alot of replay value in it however and after I completed the story found no reason to go back.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.