7.7

1. Aug 12, 2010
    The game gives the player control of a FBI agent named Francis York Morgan who is investigating the murder of a young woman, Anna Graham, near the fictional American town of Greenvale (its containing state is never identified, but it appears to be somewhere in the Pacific Northwest). Upon arriving in the town York is greeted by town sheriff George Woodman and his deputy Emily Wyatt, who brief him on the murder and lead him to the crime scene. York generates considerable friction with his dismissive attitude toward the locals, bizarre demeanor, and tendency to interrupt conversations to deliver asides to "Zach", an alternate personality congruent with the player. Over the course of his investigation, York has opportunities to touch the lives of many of the town's colorful personalities and intervene in their personal crises, often brought on by the sudden and brutal murder in their midst, to earn rewards and further his understanding of the case. As he unearths more and more mysteries and the killer continues to roam, the town's dark past slowly comes to light.
    Deadly Premonition's plot and setting are strongly influenced by the American television show Twin Peaks, and numerous allusions and thematic links can be found within the game, and Master Cheif dies in space.
  2. Aug 12, 2010
    Please, ignore the Negative reviews. A must have for the Xbox 360. I don't know why there are so many but that's not true. Beautiful graphics, so-so Single Player, and amazing/endless online gameplay. Seriously, if your reading this and do not have the game, then get off your lazy ass and BUY IT!
  3. Apr 26, 2012
    What a game,a true masterpiece.I just hate the fact that they made an ending like this.They didn't close the door and make it dramatic like Mass Effect 3 did.Now a different company has it and there is going to be more Halo.That could be good,and it might also destroy the whole Halo name and all of the hard work put into this sense 2001.It's like how Michael Jordan was the best player ever in basketball by a mile but what happened when he came out of retirement and played for the Wizards?It was the worst mistake of his career as a player.So you see my connection,but we will hope that this change will be awesome,I sure am hoping for it.I personally don't like Halo anniversary,343 industries first go at it so I'm kinda weary up to this point. Expand
  4. Aug 30, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As some of you may give this a 0, how can you guive it that. The balance is soo well done online, for wxample the player skill balance. Also each game everyone has the same weapon. You can get shot a few times and still have a chance. Isn't that great? I'm not a big fan of the older campaigns( Halo and Halo 2) I loved this one. Thr levels Tsvaso's Highway to the level Halo is just pure fun on Legendary. But the multiplayer is where the entire community is. You could probably play this game in 2016 and there probably will be at least 500 people on. But now 2.5 years after it 9/25/07 release there are 75,000 to 200,000 people on depending on the time. Just purely one of the best games on the Xbox 360 you can buy!!! Expand
  5. Sep 12, 2010
    Halo 3 was the best game ever, and still is the best game ever (until the 14th in 2 days). No other game has such an awesome combination of campaign, forge, theatre and matchmaking... amazing!

And after 3 years, >200k people online, nuff said.
  6. Oct 9, 2010
    Game that can be compared with halo 3?There is none
  7. Sep 24, 2010
    Do I even have to write a review for this game? It kind of speaks for itself.
    Be sure to go to bungie.net to get your Halo 3 nameplate for Halo: Reach.
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    As much as I loved Halo 2, I still love Halo 3. this may be the only first person shooter out there that I realy like. I can't stand Call of Duty, Battlefield's all right but Bungie keeps doing what they're doing and it's awesome. I love killing grunts, brutes and jackals.
  9. Feb 22, 2013
    Copy/Paste to all Halo reviews after all these years: I didn't have a 360 for a few years (played 3 and ODST). In the meantime I played all sorts of fps- COD, BF, Killzone (which is awesome), Resistance, and every single other one. And coming back to Halo when I rebought a 360 was like the greatest homecoming ever. Unlike those other games, every Halo battle is like a chess match waiting to happen. And once you truly know every enemy and every weapon, you fall into a sweet spot of gaming that is possibly the best of all action games ever made. It's just the best. Great now I have to copy and paste this 4 more times. Expand
  10. Dec 11, 2010
    Was there even any doubt? A brief but fantastic campaign with plenty of replyability, thanks to the skulls and Co-op with lovely set-pieces, and solid multiplayer. Brilliant maps (Apart from Guardian IMO), forge is great and allows for some wicked creativity, Duck Hunt anyone? Combat feels great and there are no real flaws I can talk about. Maybe the return of the health bar would have been nice, but thats it and I'm just picking at tiny holes now, that make no difference ot the gameplay or graphics whatsoever, ty bungie! Expand
  11. Dec 21, 2010
    I love this game. In every aspect it met my gaming needs and wants. The campaign was just so epic, it was so exciting to travel to level to level. But still the A.I. is as dumb as as bag of hammers. But still if you can ignore the stupid A.I. then you got a game of the year worthy game. Especially the multi-player. They took a big leap from Halo 2, and they landed it. It was very satisfying to get sprees and multi-kills, and watching your plasma grenades exploding while on somebody's face. All you need is maybe $30 and you'll be happy for a while. Expand
  12. Jan 19, 2011
    Anyone who ever gave this game anything less than a 7 is lying to themselves. It may not be a 10 but you know its pretty damn good. The multiplayer alone should warrant an automatic 9 and when you pile on the deep (and yes, at times convoluted) story it has to be at least a 9.5. If you own an XBOX 360 and have somehow not experienced the excellence that is the Halo series, do yourself a service and pick this up on the cheap. Trust. Expand
  13. Mar 14, 2011
    Halo 3 is a true successor to both of its predecessors, being everything that fans hoped it would be. The campaign is painfully short and the story is only really concerned with tying up loose ends, but these are only minor gripes considering how well designed the campaign is. In addition to this, the game comes with Forge Mode, a mode editor, and Theater Mode, which lets you watch over your previous games. When combined with multiplayer, this package has more content and quality than any game before it. This game is a must buy for all 360 gamers. Expand
  14. Apr 9, 2011
    Though it does not tread new ground in the FPS genre, I still had a blast playing Halo 3. I got my Xbox to play Halo 3, originally being a PlayStation man. I played it the other day having left it for a year or two, and I had a damn good time of it too. The campaign, though short, is rich, beautifully crafted and utterly absorbing. Martin O'Donnell's soundtrack is as brilliant, exciting and suiting as ever (surely there is no other composer in the gaming industry who can match O'Donnell's brilliance), the game is highly polished, visually, audibly and physically, and it left me feeling very satisfied. For those who say that Halo 3 was over-hyped, in my opinion that is why it is such an important game. 2007 was a fantastic year for games, with titles such as Bioshock, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4 and Grand Theft Auto 4 being released, but above all of these, Halo 3 was the first game to become a really competitive art form. The fact that it made more money in 48 hours than any film or music album is a really impressive feat, and in my opinion it was the first game to really prove that gaming was more than just the preserve of overweight, nerdy teenagers in their bedrooms. This is not the best game ever made by any means, but it is certainly up there, and will be for many years to come. Expand
  15. May 15, 2011
    This is honestly one of the best games in my opinion. The gameplay is awsome and the story is absolutely amazing! Bungie really set the bar high and I cannot wait to see future Halo games. Large maps, large vehicle combat, the innovative weapons. These are one of the many things what makes Halo 3 one of the greatest games of ALL time. Long live Halo!
  16. May 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had an overall blast with this game for the 3 years that i had been playing it. I could play it all day and all night and not get bored. That was the thing about this game,; once you thought it was done... BAM some thing like a map pack shows up with new forge block and another couple hours trying to make a good multilayer tactic :) I really do miss those days. Though now all it is now is a story, about ONE **** KICK ASS GAME! HELL YA! "Send me out with a bang!" Sargent Johnson Expand
  17. Jun 30, 2011
    The SP sucks sooo bad, i got bored during th FIRST mission. The multiplayer is well, and the local S/S is very fun. The graphics are crap and the voices of the enemies are annoying. I hope reach is better than this piece of hammered ****
  18. Jun 21, 2011
    Halo is truly amazing. **** u CoD players cuz Halo has a good storyline, multiplayer, soundtrack, and its sorta emotional. All CoD has is a good multiplayer and nazi zombies. CoD also barely has a storyline. All CoD players and Halo haters don't know what a good FPS is.
  19. Jul 4, 2011
    Probably, One of the Best Games out of all the other halo games!
    The campaign is great especially on the legendary mode and the maps are way better than HALO REACH
  20. Jun 30, 2011
    1st off I have to say I invested maybe 1,000 hours into this game online and I had the time of my life (on xbox). The Campaign was epic And good storytelling with a somber and rewarding ending. Due to the community being so big there are countless custom game types to play which adds to the fun.
    Im giving this a 10 because Halo 3 has a special place in my heart for all the reasons ive
    said. Even though it has small faults it deserves it in my opinion. Expand
  21. Jul 3, 2011
    It is one of the best game I ever played. Epic campaign,perfect multiplayer. Someone give a 0 to this game. I can't understand why. The only bad thing of it is the graphic.If you didn't play this game, you can't say you're a gamer. Maybe it isn't the best Halo ever,maybe it isn't the best game ever, but surely it is a great game. Thank you Bungie.
  22. Jul 18, 2011
    The campaign doesn't change much although many of the games small tweaks have a tremendous impact on gameplay and multiplayer. No duel wield, you can't switch weapons as fast which takes away the power to switch the sword at the last minute resulting in "cheap kills" The game feels more balanced on the multiplayer side compared to Halo 2 with less exploits all around. THANK GOD for no more super jumps. Expand
  23. Feb 18, 2012
    THE BEST Halo game i have played so far. Campaign AWESOME. Multiplayer AMAZING. Forge INCREDIBLE. Theater BRILLIANT. Easy 10 in my mind and a lot of others. HALO FTW!
  24. Oct 20, 2011
    yes im giving this a ten, ( i hate giving tens and i wish there was a 9.5) i am only doing so because this is the first game i played online and was so great in that respect that i will never in my life forget this game, i have never(an probably wont again) replayed the campaign of a game this much, yes i was abit of a noob at that time but i still sometimes go for abit of halo 3 multi and single, why? well i just find it fun, i find every kill satisfying and fun, unlike some games where killing can almost seem like a chore. i love this game so much that this is very biased and not really a review but this game has let me meet poeple and has changed my life is some ways. so if you actually read this A: thanks B:if you enjoyed this tell me because it really is abit silly to have this under as a review. :) Expand
  25. Oct 19, 2011
    Halo 3 rocks in every way, the graphics are great, the playability, and the voicework are all stellar too. The plot is very interesting as you follow Master Chief in his attempt to stop the Covenant once and for all. The multiplayer rocks the house as it is very fun to play in and the forge morge allows you to edit your own maps, providing tons of fun. Overall Halo 3 is a great game that will make it's mark in video game history and in the minds of the people that play it. Expand
  26. Oct 25, 2011
    This game is the reason I purchased an XBOX 360. It is phenomenal. The multiplayer is almost perfect in its design and amazing to play. The ranked playlists accurately match you with teammates of your skill and provide hours of fun competition.
  27. Nov 3, 2011
    game of the decade in my opinion. of course the superior matchmaking is overly dramatized by fanboys (including me) but the in game story was amazing as well. i loved it from the moment you land on Seria. till the dramatic ending. and the skulls. a genius idea to incorporate player involvement, humor, and entertainment. i truly hope that 343 models there game engines off of this. instead of halo reach (good game as well. just not as good) Expand
  28. Apr 2, 2012
    Halo 3 is the only game in the series that I have owned, and i'm glad I got it at the midnight release. The shooter gameplay is perfect, the feel alone in this game is the best.
  29. Mar 11, 2014
    good game by bungie. deserves higher than the 7.7 average so i gave it a 10. the new halo games are absolutely terrible in comparison...if they get scores like 6 then this deserves a 100/10. i mean halo 4 literally killed halo...at least halo 3 was #1 on xbox live for two 1/2 years.
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is hands down the best game I have played in my entire life, nothing can beat it. The campaign was absolutely bad ass and awesome, it gives me this awesome feeling. The multiplayer, I can't explain how awesome it is, BTB on Sandtrap, Infection on Custom Sandbox maps. I can never get over how good this game was, and still is. I will never forget this game (Maybe that is because I play it everyday.) Expand
  31. Dec 12, 2011
    I loved this game and I miss the good old days back when everyone used to play it. I miss messing around in the campaign, spending hours in forge and custom games trying to come out with the next fun formula for messing around with friends. It was a good time that I have no regrets about and honestly wish I could go back to.
  32. Apr 14, 2012
    Still one of the best first person shooters ever made cant recommend enough sad sony fanboys please grow up and stop writing your retarded misleading reviews i have a 360 and a ps3 and i can safely and there is no fps on ps3 that comes close to the halo games much better then shallow cod. Every real gamer should own this game roll on halo 4.
  33. Nov 18, 2011
    Theres games and theres HALO, Halo is in a whole different universe.
    So in conclusion, this is not a game of the year, its a freakin GAME OF THE DECADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  34. Dec 1, 2011
    Honestly one of the most memorable games I've ever played. I've had it for almost 4 years now, and have probably about 3 months of gameplay (or more) on it, including recon armor and all that fun stuff. Unfortunately, my xbox broke and i no longer have my XBL password, so goodbye all my goodness...

The campaign was great, both in storyline and in ways to get out of each map... Multiplayer
    is incredible, and the custom games (I have over 2000...) were the highlight of the whole thing. I can't imagine a game I've had more fun playing. Expand
  35. Dec 3, 2011
    i bought halo 3 when it was first released in 2007 and thought its was an amazing game the muitplayer was very addciting and the single player was great.
  36. Dec 13, 2011
    In my opinion one of the best franchises of all time, you don't see a lot of video games that start a generation like halo, this is what you get when you take time preparation, a masterpiece.
  37. Dec 19, 2011
    This game is, and always will be one of the greatest multiplayer experiences EVER to come to console. Over the many fun years of playing during the awesome D-EXP weekends, or the thousands of cool customs games made in forge, this game never ever lost it ability to create an awesome playing experience in which you can joke around with friends and just have an awesome time. Even after four years of playing this game and over 12000 games, I have never gotten bored of this game, once. If only we could see games like this in the future.
    On a campaign note, it was very good. There were awesome moments which really attached you to the characters and had them feeling their pain and suffering or joy. The campaign is always fun to play and the hundreds of easter eggs hidden throughout the campaign along with terminals create almost a second game within itself which has been seen in the community.
    There is no comparison to this game, apart from its previous multiplayer title of Halo 2.
  38. Dec 22, 2011
    This game is what I got Xbox for back in 2009. It simply is amazing. I never played Halo 2, but I still like it. The multiplayer isn't overall "fun" or the campaign either, I just played it with my friends and had alot of fun doing that. 9 out of 10.
  39. May 27, 2012
    I give this a 10 due to what I see as some bs ratings. The only complaint I have is the campaign is linear, but that's to be expected from a console, multiplayer-focused fps. Regardless of that fact, I enjoyed the campaign very much, and the multiplayer is stellar. The addition of BR spread since Halo 2 did mean smaller maps, but I can't say I really mind. Being able to see someone, but not necessarily kill them outright is nice and gives you a chance to outmanoeuvre them a bit. Other than that, it's not so different from Halo 2 (albeit missing the double and quad shots.) Everyone starts out on equal footing, and games tend to focus on map control for the power weapons. Just because your opponent gets the first shot off on you doesn't mean you're screwed. Forge mode adds a lot of longevity to the game, especially with the foundry and sandbox maps. All in all, an excellent game. Expand
  40. Jan 6, 2012
    Awesome game, played hundreds of hours with friends. Kids who rate this lower are fanboys and don't have any friends or just dont like multiplayer games.
  41. Feb 26, 2012
    Halo 3 is an excellent game. The story was a little disappointing and was sprinkled here and there with a few cheesy lines that made me want to yell at the Bungie writing team "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" But other than those minor flaws, the game is a magnificent work. There are some AI issues, but for it's day that's nothing big enough to lower my score of 10. The game flows smoothly, plays great, and looks good for a game of it's day (I admit Halo games have never been designed to "set the bar" in graphics). Halo 3 is addicting, and is a campaign that I have played countless numbers of time since 2007. I believe that the game was WAY too short! There is so much more to the story, characters, and universe that Bungie could have explored in this game. Overall, the story started rough but caught speed and became engaging and unforgettable. I'm still playing this game in 2012, campaign AND multiplayer. It's just so much fun!!! it's addicting! Bungie did it's job, and Halo 3 delivered. If you haven't played this game, I totally recommend it! If you played it awhile ago but sold it long ago, I recommend re-purchasing it! Halo 3 is a full package and has alot to offer. Expand
  42. Sep 28, 2012
    This game's multiplayer is still being played to this date. Even Halo Combat evolved's multiplayer is still on, When Bungie makes a game, they build it to last- Unlike a certain FPS franchise. and If you want a mediocre FPS, Go play your crappy Call of Duty. Halo has quality and a good single player AND multiplayer. If this isn't enough for you as a gamer, than you disgust me...
  43. Jun 4, 2012
    The best Halo game Bungie has ever made, Halo 3 delivered on all fronts. With an amazing story, great and innovative gameplay, and the best multiplayer out there, Halo 3 defined an era of gaming. I still look back on it with very warm and fond memories. The Spartan Laser, Mongoose, and all the amazing maps are some of the things that I will never forget. Unfortunately the graphics aren't as good as we all once thought they were, but if you can get passed that, Halo 3 is by far the best Halo game out there. Expand
  44. Feb 2, 2013
    This game is awsome best game I have ever played I see that there are now faults except the story wich was kind of short the multiplayer is amazing although it's annoying how many small kids play it and kinda ruin the experience but other than that it is skimpily awsome
  45. Jun 8, 2012
    The game engine for this game is the apex of years of refinement and will not be improved on. This is due to the fact that they didn't try too hard and kept the core of the Halo story going whilst putting together the single best multiplayer system ever. Thanks Bungie!
  46. Aug 4, 2013
    This was probably the most hyped game of all time, and it did not disappoint. It is in fact the most perfect game ever created (in my opinion). It has everything, a solid, enjoyable and satisfying conclusion to the Halo trilogy. The best Multiplayer that console had to offer as well as an addictive forge mode. As for the campaign I do not think it is as strong as the first or second but that is not something to be ashamed of because Halo and Halo 2 had some of the best campaign's of all time.

I only have two criticisms of the game which has stopped it from being the best Halo ever and the best game on 360. There were only nine levels while Halo 2 had 14 and Halo had 10 solid ones. Finally, the game lacked to influence of Cortana because she was absent until the second last mission, I know this was part of the story but her and Chief is what makes Halo.

Other than that everything else about the game is perfect

47. Apr 19, 2013
    Multiplayer balance and competition was phenomenal. The true skill ranking system was brilliant and fair. The balance and dynamic of the game made it a popular E-Sport in the MLG scene. The most competitive Halo to date. Is not for "casuals" in my opinion but that's how gaming should be. FPS games are not about the storyline, they're about the multiplayer. It is probably the least favorite game for the "everybody wins" generation of gamers, but that is what makes games great, not everyone wins. Expand
  48. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is brilliant, It is amazing to play with friends over Xbox live, or on the same Xbox.
  49. Sep 30, 2012
    is the epic conclusion for a epic story definitely the best sci-fi game story so far (2007) a great campaign and simply the best multiplayer on xbox 360.
  50. Nov 2, 2012
    Series hit is peak here, many thought this would be the last Halo, yeah they all use the same formula, but in what ways can a game like this change and not ruin itself? The campaign was a fun and long sandbox story. The multiplayer is unmatched, I still play it to this day, always fun. Awesome, awesome game.
  51. Nov 7, 2012
    The best game i've played on the Xbox 360 so far. It has a nice campaign, nice multiplayer and the theatre. What more can you ask for? So get out there and finish that fight!
  52. Mar 11, 2014
    Best game of the Xbox 360 generation for sure. Id have to say that It had the best multiplayer in the entire series or even all of gaming. Wish the newer ones were like this
  53. Oct 30, 2013
    Halo. An amazing series that millions love. But is this the fitting end? Yes. And a most definite one at that. Master Chief resumes his role as head ass kicker of the galaxy and he resumes it quite awesome-ly. The campaign is action packed and just feels right. The weapons are perfectly balanced, the aliens are fun to shoot, and vehicular combat is one helluva time. And say you feel like breaking some military laws. Screwing around with your marines is fun too, especially when they think you've gone AWOL in the barracks. The multiplayer is amazing and so in depth. Red vs. blue has never been this much fun as my customized, Mark V Spartan is silently taking down enemies with invisibility on High Ground, or flying a banshee on the Blood Gulch like Valhalla, or carrying an Elephant cargo vehicle across an all out desert war, or wanting to say so much more about this heart pounding multiplayer but can't even fit that much information into the tiny brain compared to the vast unimaginable HALO 3. The forge is a nice addition too and affects gameplay in however way you want it. You can put a weapon over there or a weapon over here. You can ands a BUILDING over right there. Whatever you can imagine, forge has it. Halo 3 is the ultimate package for anyone with a 360 and if you don't have it, you're either an eight year old, or the unhappiest man alive. Expand
  54. Nov 28, 2012
    How the **** did this game get a 7.6? This is arguably the best halo ever made. The weapons are well balanced, new creative ideas, great maps, forge is sick and the bubble shield is sweet.
  55. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The campaign, which is very good, is Halo 3's weakest point. It doesn't capture the cavalier spirit of the original Halo, but you'll still have fun playing through it. There's no first-person shooter on 360 that can equal Halo 3's blend of cinematic action, adrenaline-pumping shootouts, and male- (and female)-bonding gameplay. Look beyond the gameplay and you have a rich feature set unlike anything ever delivered in a videogame. Expand
  56. Jan 13, 2013
    Halo 3 may be the king of all first person shooter games. That opinion could almost be a fact. With it's 5 year lifespan Halo 3 retains over 10,000 players online and will probably never be knocked off it's throne. Halo 4 may be out already, but let's take a look at a real Halo game, shall we? Halo 3 is the final battle between humanity, the covenant, and the flood. The main enemy in this installment is the prophet of truth, a crafty ambitious member of the covenant. The story is strong and also includes the Arbiter along with the classic scarabs. When you look deeper though, you'll find yourself more immersed in the gameplay of the campaign rather than the story. Whether you are hunting for skulls or trying to break a high score, Halo 3's campaign is extremely repayable. Halo 3's online play is also fantastic. Featuring a large sandbox, as well as great maps such as the pit, Halo 3's multiplayer never gets old. With it's arena style competitive matches, every game feels important and fun. Halo 3 also includes a 1-50 ranking system, which players can work at. This adds up to hours of play, and will trump any Call of Duty multiplayer. Custom games are a lot of fun with friends, especially infection mode. Halo 3 can be played all day, and you'll find yourself forgetting to go to bed way too often.

Overall, this game defines the Halo experience. From it's fantastic soundtrack to it's impressive multiplayer, Halo 3 has something to please everyone.
  57. Jan 16, 2013
    THE definitive Xbox 360 First person multiplayer shooter, and in my opinion the greatest shooter of the second half of the 2000's. Nothing beats it from the best ranking system of this generation, to the arsenal available, to the powerups and map layout, to the vehicular mayhem of Big team battle.

Time has made this even better. Whereas almost all shooters now have the XP levelling
    popularised by Call of Duty 4, play those now and you will rarely get to the top without a lot of hitches and frustration. Halo 3 has you start the same as everyone else, and makes for strategic knowledge of the map, weapon roles, and playing as a unit. Its great to have this setup, and I long for a similar game without grinding for XP.

with a stable population still, now in its sixth year after release, Halo 3 is the old king of the 360 that still has reason to be played.
  58. Sep 5, 2013
    To this day, Halo 3 remains the franchise's best multiplayer experience. The single-player campaign is lengthy, hugely diverse and packed with memorable moments. I feel Halo 3 was as close to perfect as the series will ever get.
  59. Mar 18, 2013
    This was THE game back in the days playing with friends. Bungie with this new game introduced the Forge in which you can create ANYTHING you want and build and play on it. I never got bored with it nor the map packs that came out. Really changed the gaming world.
  60. Aug 29, 2013
    Similar to Halo 2 the campaign is average and while it wraps up the story the ending is still a cliff-hanger the graphics aren't that impressive and the story is not that good.
    But the Forge mode is really good but lets you create tons of maps for multiplayer and the Theater lets you record videos and take screenshots.
    The multiplayer is amazing there is a lot of maps,weapons and modes
    this is why you play Halo 3 Expand
  61. Apr 2, 2013
    Halo 3 is one of the best FPS's I've ever played. It's sad that no one really plays this game anymore, because of the release of Halo Reach and Halo 4. The online multiplayer is clearly better than Halo Reach and Halo 4, because of the great maps and the simple gameplay. There isn't much to the game. You just pick up guns of the ground and use them. The campaign lives up the series expectations quite well too and it is very difficult if you choose the harder modes to play on. Overall this game deserves a clear 10 out of 10. Expand
  62. Apr 6, 2013
    probably the greatest fps game ever created Halo is probably the god of fps games all other fps games just fall in comparison to this game its one of the few good games the 360 has
  63. Apr 10, 2013
    This is the first game that I really strived to get all of the achievements for and this review is more on the fun of gathering the specific achievements that this game has than the actual game itself. (It is a great game). Most specifically this game changed the way I look at and play games, by having just the right level of difficulty on all of the achievements including the dlc I started playing games on harder difficulties and started playing multiplayer. This game has the best multiplayer in the halo franchise, the maps are fun and never really get dull or repetitive. Expand
  64. Apr 26, 2013
    Call me a Fanboy but I love Halo (Sure it kinda rips of Aliens in a few too many places) but I love the supporting cast, the multiplayer (No not Halo 4's!) and the whole idea of a race of Aliens united by their religious ideals which they accepted or were forced to.
    This is by far a truly epic conclusion (Yes conclusion) to Master Chief's story and the whole Human Covenant war. It's story
    and set-pieces are epic without being too in your face. The multiplayer is well-balanced in my opinion with my favourite set of maps in the whole Halo series. Forge makes an interesting addition which you can sink hours or seconds into. What am I missing... oh yeah theatre mode also makes an interesting addition (Although I didn't spend a lot of time using it) and it really does FINISH THE FIGHT!
    If you've just bought a 360 this is a must own!
  65. Jun 12, 2014
    A great finale for a great series. With its fun campaign and exciting multiplayer this game is one of the greatest games ever, and definitely still the best Master Chief game
  66. Jun 11, 2014
    Halo 3 in my opinion still stands the test of time as the creator of the word (epic game conclusion franchise), (Finish The Fight Master Chief THE HYPE THE HYPE and it lived up to it if not more so) an epic fight it was for that matter, with a powerful soundtrack by Martin Donnell, (The flood music especially) An epic FPS SCFI halo 3 is that i will remember forever. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys FPS/SCFI although my first recommendation would be to play the first 2 halo games to know the lore abit more, or you will be completely lost jumping into this game. Expand
  67. Jun 19, 2013
    I can easily say this is my favorite game of all time. I would spend hours playing custom games with my friends, deep into the night. The moments I had with game are unforgettable. Considering this game is 6 years old, I won't do a long review, but the campaign was outstanding. Forge was a new and genius idea. Multiplayer was extremely addicting. Overall 10 Campaign 10 Multiplayer 9
    Custom Games 10
    Forge, Theater, Soundtrack, MISC. 10
  68. Aug 29, 2013
    Revolutionary online play featuring the most balanced weapons system possibly ever. The campaign can be both challenging and incredibly fun, with an appropriate difficulty for everybody along the way. Matched with an exhilarating storyline you can not go wrong with this purchase. Coming out in 2007, it's influence and overplay still hold up today. Custom games allow you to have endless fun with friends and other gamers while selecting from countless map and game type variations that will leave you completely satisfied. The Forge mode is another asset that truly sets Halo 3 apart from other games. Taking any map, you can build structures, race tracks, mini games, etc. to play for yourself and the entire online community through your File share. The ranking system is also fantastic with the 'Highest Skill' aspect that will have you on the edge of your seat in almost every game with the risk of you either ranking up closer to 50, or going down. Playing the campaign and earning certain achievements also allows you to unlock to armour to alternate with your online character in which you can mix and match to your desire. (colours included). Overall, Halo 3 is an unbelievable game that caters to both the casual, hardcore and everywhere in between fans. This is a game that has so many possibilities and will NOT leave you disappointed. Expand
  69. Oct 10, 2013
    Halo 3 is simply one of the Xbox 360 greatest titles of all time. From the lengthy (in FPS terms) and emotionally compelling single-player to the most addictive multiplayer experiences I've had this console generation, Halo 3 is the epic conclusion to the Human-Covenant War and contains moments that will stick with you for a long time. Still plenty of people online to play with co-op is a blast and Forge mode adds a fun Minecraft-esque building mode for you to design and create your own custom maps and game types. Halo 3 has so much to offer, and especially at the price it's going for right now there is no reason not to pick it up. Halo 3 is my favorite game of all time and if you're interested in FPS at all then I implore you to consider giving this remarkable title a try, you know, the one other person that hasn't lol Expand
  70. Nov 4, 2013
    Halo 3 is a true masterpiece. That's all that needs to be said. The gameplay is designed perfectly to match the style of landscape the game has, its graphics can outmatch almost all fps games made before 2012 (I'm looking at you CoD), and the music is beautifully composed and fits in perfectly with the gameplay. The multiplayer is based off of skill and requires a lot of time to get to understand the mechanics and ranking system (looking at CoD again). I think Halo 3 definitely deserves a 10 rating. Expand
  71. Nov 8, 2013
    Epic trilogies need epic and satisfying conclusions. That is exactly what you get with Halo 3. In my opinion this is the best Halo game of all time. Humanity with it's back against the wall is making one final effort to drive off the fractured covenant. Every battle is on a grand scale and you feel humanity's survival hanging in the balance. Equipment such as energy drains and deployable cover are a new mechanic. As always the weapons old and new are excellently balanced. This is one of my favorite games but in order to enjoy it to the fullest extent, I recommend that you play Halos 1 and 2 first. Expand
  72. Nov 6, 2013
    Best Halo game EVER created! You are NOT a true Halo fan if you do NOT love this game. You are doing yourself a favor if you buy this game! Go ahead and do it. Don't listen to the negative reviews, either. This game is so worth it. It brought machinima to its peak, it introduced us to Theater and Forge, and accompanied by that was an amazing Matchmaking system with a superb ranking system. You just CANNOT not love this game! If you're reading and and don't have it, get Halo 3 now! Expand
  73. Nov 7, 2013
    one of the best xbox 360 games out there this game is extremely well done and deffently worth checking out it is true to the halo name and I cant believe this game has gotten that many User reviews.
  74. Nov 11, 2013
    Halo 3 is an amazing game that I love to come back to again & again to experience the fun campaign & extremely competetive, challenging, & fun multiplayer that I miss about multiplayer games.
  75. Nov 24, 2013
    Halo 3 is a good game for Xbox 360, despite being an old game, from 2007, many people play it, and Campaign mode is nice, and multiplayer mode doesn't disappoint, with several different modes. This game, in my opinion, will still be cited by next years.
  76. Nov 28, 2013
    man the game is now more than 6 years old but it still feels fresh. imho the best fps of the generation, killzone 2,3 and halo reach are awesome but halo 3 is just better
  77. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is for everyone who's into Superheroes,FPS and Sci-fi. The campaign is very well made with a lot of replay value and co-op (splitscreen and online).The story is also very engaging. Online Multiplayer is a blast, my favorite mode is team slayer where two teams ,each with 4 players try to get the most kills. This is easily one of the most balanced games I've played to date. In 2014 it is still worth it and there a lot of players online on weekends.
    I love it. 10 out of 10.
  78. Jan 10, 2014
    Halo 3 is my third favorite game of all time because, it is enjoyable experience, its fun to play with your friends, and it has one of the best campaign I've ever seen, so why if you haven't played this game yet. buy it. I still play this game to the date and its still fun to play. oh if you a cod player and you don't like this game, you have no variety.
  79. Jan 22, 2014
    It's by far my favorite Halo game. Don't know why it got so much hate. It's the #1 game of 2007 I still come back to. It never gets old. The ending of the game still impresses me to this day. The story broke no barriers and was consistent. Still hate the level Cortana, though.
  80. Mar 31, 2014
    This was the first FPS game that I could give 10/10 to. It was by far the best online FPS game out at the time. I purchased a xbox 360 purely for this game after trying it at a friends house, I played this game in he excess of 1000+ hours, without a moment of boredom. The vehicles included in the game were very cool. The weapons were very diverse and each took different tactics to master and gain kills from.

Gameplay 10/10, Online 10/10, Weapon/Vehicles 10/10 OVERALL 10/10
  81. Apr 16, 2014
    Best Halo game EVER created! You are not a true Halo fan if you do not love this game. You are doing yourself a favor if you buy this game. Go ahead and do it. Don't listen to the negative reviews either. This game is so worth it. It brought machinima to its peak, it introduced us to Theater and Forge, and accompanied by that was an amazing Matchmaking system with a superb ranking system. You just cannot not love this game! If you're reading and and don't have it, get Halo 3 now! Expand
  82. Jul 11, 2014
    Best **** game ever, the game i played the most mp
  83. Sep 10, 2014
    Campaign was pretty good, but that isn't the reason I play halo nor is campaign reflected in my score. I still play halo 3 to this day and love every minute of it. Even when I am raging and cursing at bungie. What makes halo 3 great is that Bungie added onto halo 2 without adding to much to effect gameplay. They still had duel wielding, but they fixed a bunch of glitches, allowed trades in beat downs, changed the aiming to add to the skill gap, and added equipment on the maps. None of these things took away from the gameplay, but instead added to it. They kept it the same arena style that Halo fans had come to love. They moved away from this in Reach when they turned this amazing Arena FPS into a Class-based FPS, but that is another story. All and all it is probably one of the best Multiplayer FPS on the xbox 360. Expand
  84. Sep 18, 2014
    Halo 3 is the first game that i bought with my first xbox 360. It's my favourite Halo because the campain is really epic and fun to play with friends. Halo 3 is one of the must have on xbox 360.
  85. Oct 17, 2014
    my favorite game ever. Intense campaign, endless multiplayer map editing options, online matchmaking is incredible, and one of the first games to introduce recording your gameplay at all times so you can go back and watch it. just an all around perfect game.
  86. Oct 29, 2012
    No surprise here. Halo 3 is everything it was hyped to be. Epic story, campaign mode and an online community stronger than any game before it and probably for a long time after it. There certainly are a flaws just like any other game, but they are few and far between. If you don't have this yet, you're either being stubborn or just trying to be different, because there is really no reason not to love it. Expand
  87. Aug 22, 2010
    Halo 3 is an amazing game. Yes it did have a short campaign but I had a hell of a time playing it. The game is now 3 years old but people continue to play it. It has over 20 multiplayer maps and plenty of game modes including a different weekend special every week. It is a great FPS and that is why i give it a 9 out of 10
  88. Aug 27, 2010
    Extremely good game the single player is the thing that brings it down 2 points the multi-player is mainly put into a large niche. For my experience of the multi-player was amazing with the newer maps like sandbox makes user like games like Micheal Myers from Call of Duty, and make a actual game mode and create you own map for the game type makes it so much better If your extremely into Call of Duty there is a small chance of you liking this game i am a big fan of both. Expand
  89. Aug 27, 2010
    The campaign has its ups and downs, but still has its replay value to it. The matching system is still great, and the game-play is fine (although others cannot admit to it). Custom games have gotten better since Halo 2. More customization, options, "freedom". Forge, ah yes. This map editor is got to be one of the main reasons Halo 3 got so much more to it. Now then, on to the cons. Lets just say the community isn't the brightest. Map restrictions have been put on most of the playlists, meaning that newer members to the Halo community would have to spend a little bit more money to fully experience Halo 3's gameplay. All and all, it's a great game. Just make sure you're in party chat, or have friends to play with. Expand
  90. Aug 28, 2010
    Halo 3 is a great game the campaign is not the best but it has it's upsides.
    I would recommend this game to any first person shooter fan just do not expect the campaign to be fantastic
  91. Sep 6, 2010
    Halo is one of the most successful first person shooters ever made and the latest installment does not fall short of expectations. Shooting aliens has never been this fun. The singleplayer is fun and after you beat on normal, you are probably going to go back to get the legendary achievement. The multiplayer is also very fun. It is simple, yet probably one of the funnest multiplayer games i have ever played. So as you can see, this game is great and fun and is definitely worth a buy for anyone with a 360. Expand
  92. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = It's an online shooter that still holds a major fan base today! It's roughly four and a half years old!! Very great and innovative shooter, a game that truly deserved it's sales numbers.
  93. Jun 11, 2011
    Four years after its release and I enjoyed this game probably as much as when it was first released to the public. Great FPS that gave you a large array of weapons to choose from. So many different ways to lead an assault on the enemy, so many different ways to die. The action was non-stop, the cut scenes were few and didn't slow down the story (considering how cut scenes are being used so poorly in today's games). The story itself had a perfect pace for this type of game, not once did I zone out while people were elaborating on the plot. And unlike the MW2 games, it's has twice as long the game play! Expand
  94. Jul 10, 2011
    Halo right now isn't the big monster that was eleven years ago, of course , generations pass fast and more games keeps changing the video game landscape. Halo 3 is a badass of a game and is a replay value game pumping up with the story that is great, the multiplayer is satisfying and the forge is cool. People ( some) will say this is bad and talk trash to it, but also, don't you think that the CoD series is aging a little bit every time?.I respect the opinion of every people that say CoD is the best , but in the future there will be some thing better than that. Halo is the face of the 360 as for GoW . Expand
  95. Jun 5, 2011
    people giving this game a 0 are just being plain stupid. I play games regardless what console and so forth and have to say playing halo 3 again after 4 years is still a great gaming experience. if like me you love fps you'll find that this has tight controls, great enemies to fight, and that great halo universe. i do confess the 2nd to last flood level is a bit boring but what games dont have slumps in their durations? i enjoy both single player and multiplayer, and now especially you can grab one so cheap, its a brilliant buy Expand
  96. Jun 12, 2011
    Even though it was a couple of years ago, I just had to comment on this amazing franchise/trilogy. It made me appreciate video games now (I used to think games were just a waste of time, some of them are still). Visually updated and full of epic-grand situations (hahaha can't find the right words), I mean this game just blew my mind completely. Yes, it WAS overrated but looking back at it now, pretty good memories (me and my brothers/friends playing the campaign/battling each other in different ruins-forget what that's called). The story is more easy to follow and it still was kind of depressing but nevertheless, "a very good ending to a well-beloved video game series." Halo 4? Okay now its pushing it, I mean Halo Reach was very good but seriously what is Halo 4 going to be about? hmmm.... Expand
  97. Jul 5, 2011
    In my opinion, this a game with a great campaign, and fun multiplayer. Halo 3 was one of the first xbox 360 games i have ever got, and it is definitely a great buy. This game is a classic, and if you don't have it, you should seriously consider getting it.
  98. Jul 10, 2011
    fantastic game play and multiplayer definitely make this a very good game and a must play the story was not as good as the first two and while it finished the story well it was very confusing for people who hadnt played the first one and even for people who did and really followed the story.
  99. Aug 12, 2011
    Love it, hate it, don't give a **** about it, I don't care. It definitely is one of the best halo games second only to the second part of the halo series. Great story line, great game play, great graphics. The only thing that concerns me is the boss battle in the last mission is short and boring. A flying light bulb that shoots lasers at you, and every time you go near it, it pushes you back with a force? Come on, is that it? Is that all? Hopefully, the series will redeem itself when it makes Halo 4, and the boss is the Gravemind. Other than that, if the last boss was the Gravemind, I give this game a complete 10 out of 10. Expand
  100. Aug 15, 2011
    Very good FPS. The gameplay is great, much like previous Halo games. It is not perfect, but I still had a wonderful time playing it with my friends. Even if it has been a while since it has released, I still from time to time come back to play it

1. It's the addition of the Forge level editor and the saved films that give the game an even longer set of legs, legs that will probably keep you running at full speed until Bungie figures out where, exactly, to go from here.
  2. Halo 3 is the best Xbox 360 game to date. The single-player campaign and storyline are both very strong, but it's Forge and the Saved Films features that will likely go down in history as Bungie's crowning achievements. They've basically taken everything great about the series and improved upon it in every way, then added some amazing new features that we'll be using for years to come.
    It's solid gameplay, immense replayability, online functionality and incredible production values will ensure its place in video game history, and it is, without a doubt, a satisfying and fulfilling close to the beloved trilogy[?].