6.7

1. Dec 14, 2012
    The Crimson Map Pack is good. 3 larger-based maps for your 6v6 and 8v8 matches that are interesting, fresh, and full of potential slaughter-fests. While there's nothing I can really pick out as being poor, I also know that it will take more than just a few maps here and there to keep Halo buzzing with online activity outside of the die-hards. And one has to wonder how much effect Spartan Ops has on this. I love Halo 4 and am thankful that it is back on the map. What makes me hopeful for the continued success and replayability of this franchise is that MGS' 343 is open to bringing new things into the game through DLC and free updates that can keep interest, new enemies being one of them. The dedication 343 has to listening to its fanbase and catering toward their desires is an asset, one that will serve them well IF they can deliver on the goods. Crimson MP is worth the purchase, unless you already have the season's pass, in which case you have it already! Expand
  2. Dec 16, 2012
    They advertised a few of these maps being 4v4 and medium sized. All of these maps are definitely big team oriented. None of them would work well for a 4v4. They're... okay maps. They just aren't designed for competitive player. You can best describe them as CoD or Battlefield maps; maps designed with realism in mind, not competitive multiplayer. Only would recommend to big team battle players. Slightly more negative review because they lied advertising the maps.

I'm a dedicated Halo player, so as a biased player it's hard to give it a somewhat bad rating. I hope I come off as more authoritative because I do dedicate a lot of time to this game.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Jan 28, 2013
    The Crimson Map Pack is a solid addition to Halo 4's multiplayer map lineup. The three maps included provide a nice variation in style and size as well as preferred game types for each. Although they are quality additions, none of them pack that special feeling that will make them an "instant classic" for the series.
  2. Dec 11, 2012
    Reliable and workmanlike, the Crimson Map Pack gets the job done, but it'll take something more dramatic to keep players on the hook into 2013 and beyond.