Halo 4 Xbox 360

7.0

1. Dec 8, 2016
    It is just an ordinary 1st person shooter game, nothing more will you ever hope to find out in halo 4.
    I found it difficult to like the storyline of the campaign and the sound effect is poor, therefore i have to admit that it has a very smooth graphic!
  2. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  3. Aug 19, 2016
    This is the best playing halo from 1 to 4 including osdt and reach, you can sprint, you have more heapons a really nice story, awesome graphics even for these days standards. And a very good multplayer. The best halo so far.
  4. Jul 26, 2016
    Uno de los juegos mas importantes del catalogo de Xbox 360, gráficamente es el juego que mas le saca provecho a su Hardware, jugablemente es una delicia y a pesar de no tener una historia como los anteriores si hace que quieras llegar al final, para mi solo es superado por Halo Reach.
  5. Jul 4, 2016
    I was very surprised in how much I would love this game. The single player steals the show as it shows a story not about master chief, but cortanas. The stronger bond that develops between the two is something the original trilogy did, but not as much. The story itself though works in everyway, except you have to know a few things from the expanded lore. The multiplayer is pretty good. TheI was very surprised in how much I would love this game. The single player steals the show as it shows a story not about master chief, but cortanas. The stronger bond that develops between the two is something the original trilogy did, but not as much. The story itself though works in everyway, except you have to know a few things from the expanded lore. The multiplayer is pretty good. The reason why people didn't like it because it had a few cod perks in it, which is a bit annoying, but something I got over of. And the new Spartan ops mode is fun to play with freinds, but it loses replayibility after you beat the story. Overall, halo 4 is honestly my favourite game in the series. Expand
  6. Jun 29, 2016
    Short summary: 343 took Halo to a new level. I'm fan since Halo CE on original XBox from 2001 and I love what 343 created new for the next trilogy. Love the new campaign such as the multiplayer, which is in my opinion the best FPS MP on Xbox 360 I've ever played. Really great job!
  7. May 13, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4, what an incredible game, so underrated because of how it changed everything that was great about the first 3, but maybe that's a good thing, maybe the halo franchise needed that kind of change to make it incredible. First of all, the graphics are stunning, some of the best graphics I have ever seen of the Xbox 360. Secondly, the story is really good, because instead of focusing on the covenant race trying to destroy the halo rings, it focuses on Cortana's (Master Chief's AI companion) story, along with a new threat that appears called the promethean race. The gameplay of Halo 4 is better than ever with incredible new gun sounds along with new guns and perks. Finally, there the multiplayer, the multiplayer is incredible with tons of new game modes, but whats new in the multiplayer is the amount of customization. Everything from armour skins, weapons and emblems. Overall halo 4 is stunning, its my best game ever and its an incredible entry to the series. Expand
  8. May 6, 2016
    needs more designing done on views, 1st your peripheral vision is narrowed to nill, 2nd your gun blocks your entire view of enemy when melee attack so your odds of being killer are great if in fast action play if you miss your attacker due to lack of seeing his movement
  9. May 1, 2016
    I like the story and how the added the forerunner as the enemy but the ending of the game was super stupid I hate the boss fight it took my very 1st try to beat the dud.I love the multiplayer but the living dead or flood did not feel as fun as halo reach living dead.The spartan ops I liked how it added more too the story .
  10. Apr 17, 2016
    Es un juego bastante bueno. Los gráficos son bastante buenos y su jugabilidad es igual de fácil de acostumbrarse como las anteriores entregas.
    Lo que no me gustó, fue el echo de que los rangos del multi-jugador son pocos y son fáciles de pasar; yo llegué al rango máximo en menos de 6 meses.
    También, lo que me no me gustó principalmente en la campaña. Es que, revivieron a personajes que se supone que deberían de estar extintos y esto es con el pretexto de sacar mas entregas.
  11. Mar 24, 2016
    This is best Xbox 360 execlusive . This is amazing game . Amazyng storyline , very very good gameplay and this game one of best of 2012 . Halo 4 better than Halo reach . This is best Halo game with Halo 2 in my opinion . Halo 4 one of bestselling Xbox 360 game .
  12. Feb 28, 2016
    Decent campaign nothing special or memorable but it could be worse. The game looks great graphically and the online play was quite similar to Call of Duty with create a class and perks which was a step back when it came to balancing. New weapons and vehicles were a great edition to the game like the rail gun and mantis. Over all Halo 4 was a semi good entry to the Halo series
  13. Feb 24, 2016
    esse jogo foi o melhor jogo fps que já joguei até hoje. o jogo tem tudo de bom: ótima história, boa jogabilidade, ótima trilha sonora, bons gráficos e um ótimo multiplayer. esse jogo da pra salvar com os amigos, poucos jogos da pra fazer isso, e esse é um dos poucos jogos de fps que da pra fazer isso. esse é o mestre dos jogos fps.
  14. Feb 21, 2016
    Bom !
    Teve evolução gráfica porem achei que a maioria do jogo se passa em ambientes mais fechados que se comparado aos jogos anteriores.
    Pode se encontrar o jogo dublado em português .
  15. Jan 31, 2016
    halo 4 is already apotheosis. Already how much this universe has been released from games. And halo 4 is very similar to the first part. This remake just scored mountains of pros and shortcomings. The game is insanely beautiful. Best cutscene, good localization, voice over, and plants with animals. However, though promethazi funny, dogs just spoil the gameplay. The music is not too bad,halo 4 is already apotheosis. Already how much this universe has been released from games. And halo 4 is very similar to the first part. This remake just scored mountains of pros and shortcomings. The game is insanely beautiful. Best cutscene, good localization, voice over, and plants with animals. However, though promethazi funny, dogs just spoil the gameplay. The music is not too bad, but sometimes it's annoying. New main enemy is an idiot and moves on a giant red ball the size of a planet. This excuse is senility. Together with prometazine a new weapon and it is by the way very unusual. He has a very cool sight. The arms moved apart and moved when aiming. Also there is a new gun and almost sniper rifle. But now the Covenant are less intelligent and fatter. The only assistant cortana. And the multiplayer was very dynamic and with high system throughput. And he's cool. He played a crucial role in the assessment. Also there will be a cooperative company of several seasons under the name spartan ops.

halo 4 это уже апофеоз. Уже сколько всего по этой вселенной было выпущено из игр. И halo 4 очень напоминает первую часть. Этот ремейк просто забит горами плюсов и недочётов. В игре безумно всё красиво. Лучшие катсцены, хорошая локализация, озвучка и растения с животными. Однако хоть прометейцы и прикольные, собаки просто портят геймплей. Музыка тоже не плохая, но иногда она бесит. Новый главный враг идиот и перемещается на гигантском красном шаре размером с планету. Это извините маразм. Вместе с прометейцами появилось новое оружие и оно кстати очень необычное. У него очень прикольный прицел. Оружие раздвигается и сдвигается при прицеливании. Также там есть новый пистолет и почти снайперская винтовка. Но теперь Ковенанты менее умные и более жирные. Помощник только Кортана. А мультиплеер оказался очень динамичным и с большой системой прокачки. И он крут. Он и сыграл в решающую роль в оценке. Также появится кооперативная компания из нескольких сезонов под названием spartan ops. От меня 7-8 баллов.
  16. Jan 14, 2016
    Pretty much what you'd expect from another Halo game. If you liked Halo 3 and Halo Reach and all the other games, you'll enjoy this one. If you weren't a fan of the others this won't do anything to change your view.
  17. Dec 4, 2015
    343 da continuidade a majestosa obra de arte criada pela Bungie. A campanha do jogo foi aproveitadora pra mim, joguei pela primeira vez em nível normal, e agora iniciei a campanha em nível "Lendário" a forma como a 343 deu continuação ao que era pra ser uma trilogia não agradou muito os fãs, para alguns o game tem uma campanha "chata" e para outros foi satisfatório. O multiplayer bem mais343 da continuidade a majestosa obra de arte criada pela Bungie. A campanha do jogo foi aproveitadora pra mim, joguei pela primeira vez em nível normal, e agora iniciei a campanha em nível "Lendário" a forma como a 343 deu continuação ao que era pra ser uma trilogia não agradou muito os fãs, para alguns o game tem uma campanha "chata" e para outros foi satisfatório. O multiplayer bem mais rápido e dinâmico que o dos games anteriores me agradou bastante, confesso que estou viciado, joguei por meses o multiplayer de Halo: Reach (considerado por mim como o melhor Halo) e o online de Halo 4 me agradou muito. A ambientação, a qualidade gráfica e os cenários são excepcionais, assim como Halo deve ser, e quanto a trilha sonora do jogo: Impecável !!! Não sou bom com críticas, e creio que muitos mentem na hora de uma review para defenderem algo que gosta, mas Halo 4 é digno de uma nota final 9/10, em minha análise. Expand
  18. Nov 21, 2015
    O Halo mais 'mahomenos' da série depois do Halo 5? Talvez. Halo 4 possui excelentes gráficos, senão, os gráficos mais bonitos que já vi. A jogabilidade se mantém no estilo dos Halo's anteriores. O multiplayer do jogo é excelente, recomendo a todos jogar. A trilha sonora se mantém no nível extremo da saga Halo, ÉPICA. O ponte negativo e Halo 4 é a história, focando naquele 'romance' doO Halo mais 'mahomenos' da série depois do Halo 5? Talvez. Halo 4 possui excelentes gráficos, senão, os gráficos mais bonitos que já vi. A jogabilidade se mantém no estilo dos Halo's anteriores. O multiplayer do jogo é excelente, recomendo a todos jogar. A trilha sonora se mantém no nível extremo da saga Halo, ÉPICA. O ponte negativo e Halo 4 é a história, focando naquele 'romance' do Master Chief com a Cortana.

História: 8/10
    Gráficos: 10/10
    Jogabilidade: 10/10
    Desempenho: 10/10
    Trilha sonora: 10/10
  19. Nov 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4, compared to its predecessors, has a darker storyline and improved graphics. But Halo 4 dosent include the Firefight mode, witch is replaced with Spartan Ops, a broken storyline of missions that dont serve any purpose what so ever. Halo 4 dosent have the kick the other Halo gamed had. I played Halo: Reach for 2 years, then Halo 4 came out and I didnt want to play it after a few months. It dosent have any staying power. The storyline is a weird and nothing is explained on why the Covenant is your enemy again. Expand
  20. Nov 12, 2015
    If you thought Halo: Reach was a bad game with bad maps, bad vehicles, horrible guns, unbalanced, and doesn't even feel like a halo game, then not to worry, Halo 4 is even worse!

Yet another designed by committee uncompetitive FPS with seemingly endless unlockable dressup doll parts to deck out your Spartan with to keep the MMO types hooked for a year... Halo is a failed series

Halo is a failed series because the developers abandoned everything about the series that made it unique, instead choosing to copy the inferior series Call of Duty, which is exactly why they're unable to compete with the real deal.

343 Retconned the entire single player story, it is laughably convoluted and silly to the point of being campy.

If you wanted a game that was a parody of Halo 1-3, here it is!
  21. Nov 6, 2015
    Halo 4 is a very odd beast in that it has completely divided fans, with some proclaiming it as the best in the series thus far and others lambasting it as one of the most uninspired shooters ever made. And while both sides have valid arguments to be had, I can safely confirm that Halo 4 is neither incredible, nor abysmal - rather, it lies somewhere comfortably in the middle.

The game's

The game's main issue comes from its profound lack of originality. With the exception of ODST, every Halo game thus far has added something new to the formula, and the fourth entry is desperately needing something to call its own. Even the multiplayer seems to be borrowing heavily from similarly-themed FPS's such as Call of Duty.

Yet do these things detract from the fun? Not at all. The graphics are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, and sound design is top-notch. As for the score, newcomer Neil Davidge unfortunately fails to deliver, but it's hard not to get swept up in the spectacle anyway.

The campaign is great, adding welcome new elements that bring a much needed layer of depth to proceedings. The piffle involving the Prometheans is predictably trite and convoluted, but the newfound humanity brought to both the Master Chief and Cortana is very clever, well-written, and surprisingly heartfelt. As for multiplayer, while the lack of originality is at its worst here, it's still an incredibly fun romp with some interesting new mechanics. Unfortunately maps fail to live up as they are relatively dull (with a few exceptions) and don't really allow for any innovation.

Overall, Halo 4 is an entertaining return for the Master Chief. While several issues still linger, none of them have a significant impact and the end result is a high-octane and occasionally moving journey through Covenant territory. Halo 5 can't come fast enough.
  22. Oct 28, 2015
    After Playing Halo 5 I figured I needed to review this game as the one thing 343 has actually done right. The game and conclusions are fitting with great story telling as well as great game play with traditional tech and new tech like mechs as well as Promethean. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well as game play and the multiplayer was hands down some of the funnest game play I have hadAfter Playing Halo 5 I figured I needed to review this game as the one thing 343 has actually done right. The game and conclusions are fitting with great story telling as well as great game play with traditional tech and new tech like mechs as well as Promethean. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well as game play and the multiplayer was hands down some of the funnest game play I have had in a while. Miss the mechs. Expand
  23. Oct 25, 2015
    I actually played this years ago, But on the eve of "Halo 5" I felt I needed to give My two cents for what it"s worth. This game is AMAZING! Having now played through it multiple times and put in a healthy dose of MP, I can honestly say, IT IS THE BEST IN THE SERIES. Yes, 343i IMO made a better Halo game than Bungie ever could. Not that the previous ones were bad by any stretch of theI actually played this years ago, But on the eve of "Halo 5" I felt I needed to give My two cents for what it"s worth. This game is AMAZING! Having now played through it multiple times and put in a healthy dose of MP, I can honestly say, IT IS THE BEST IN THE SERIES. Yes, 343i IMO made a better Halo game than Bungie ever could. Not that the previous ones were bad by any stretch of the imagination (Halo 2 being a close close second) I've just realized without my nostalgia glasses on, That this game takes the cake. I love were this series is going under 343i"s reign, and I am MORE than confident that Halo 5 will set the bar even higher. 10/10, would recommend to anyone with a pulse. Expand
  24. Oct 20, 2015
    2nd best Halo to me behind 3. The gameplay as well as the campaign was very good. I would put this on the same level as 3 but the online community features in this game are lacking. Halo 3 was memorable because of forge and being able to easily share and download maps or game types, which was nonexistent in this.
  25. Sep 20, 2015
    You'll get about 2 weeks out of this lackluster experience. That is, if you're a Halo fan who doesn't enjoy wasting their time. Otherwise, you might get about half that at best. This game comes with a plot heavily inspired by the original Halo and action movies, dull characters (even legacy characters are duller than ever), a much-to-be-desired Multiplayer mode even after the "game fixing"You'll get about 2 weeks out of this lackluster experience. That is, if you're a Halo fan who doesn't enjoy wasting their time. Otherwise, you might get about half that at best. This game comes with a plot heavily inspired by the original Halo and action movies, dull characters (even legacy characters are duller than ever), a much-to-be-desired Multiplayer mode even after the "game fixing" update due to, primarily, mediocre map design and a game-breaking extreme amount of sprint, a painfully executed map editor, and nothing you haven't really seen before, if you're a regular to the sci-fi FPS genre.

So seeing that I totally just shat on this game with my heavily negative opinion, why a 6? Well, unlike most Metacritic users I actually gave this game a fair score and not just pull whatever I was feeling out of my ass and slap it on there. If I was to do that, this would get a 4. It's certainly not worth it's launch price, but hey, if you're in the mood for a mindless action game, and you've got money to spare, buying this isn't a terrible idea.
  26. Sep 12, 2015
    Halo 4 is an epic addition to the halo franchise, the campaign I found somewhat bland in terms of the missions which were a little repetitive but other than that it is absolutely fantastic. This game deserves at least a 7.5 out of 10, I gave it a 10 just to counteract and troll the haters who gave it a zero just to bring the score down.
  27. Sep 7, 2015
    I'm giving this a 1/10 because compared to the other Halo games this one is garbage. Everything unique and fun in the Halo series was taken out in favor of popular elements from other fps games. They managed to jumble everything together into a game that just doesn't play well. It's like Call of Duty with exo suits... which is actually another game that exists, but might actually be betterI'm giving this a 1/10 because compared to the other Halo games this one is garbage. Everything unique and fun in the Halo series was taken out in favor of popular elements from other fps games. They managed to jumble everything together into a game that just doesn't play well. It's like Call of Duty with exo suits... which is actually another game that exists, but might actually be better than Halo.

The only positives are the graphics and campaign was pretty good in the story department, but still a complete departure from the normal open style of Halo campaigns.
  28. Aug 31, 2015
    I love the halo series and 343 did an amazing job of this game. campaign was great and mulltiplayer was fantasic. its smooth launch on the 360. but if this game came out on pc. it will be more amazing but hey this game its still great!
  29. Aug 31, 2015
    Halo 3 tied all the loose ends in the Halo lore together then halo 4 throws that knot in a blender and gives it the middle finger.Also i found the multilayer to be mediocre and the forge is no where near as good as the forge in other halo games ive played and completed every single halo but im not planning on purchasing 343's next halo game.
  30. Aug 22, 2015
    Halo 4 is a very well done carry-on from the Original Halo Trilogy. Now With 343Industries taking over, we now see the advancements that they are willing to make, including amazing graphics, very precise map creation (forge mode), and customization options which exceed past Halo games. Halo 4 carries on the original trilogy's legend, but, instead of having the same Robot-Zombie-Alien FFAHalo 4 is a very well done carry-on from the Original Halo Trilogy. Now With 343Industries taking over, we now see the advancements that they are willing to make, including amazing graphics, very precise map creation (forge mode), and customization options which exceed past Halo games. Halo 4 carries on the original trilogy's legend, but, instead of having the same Robot-Zombie-Alien FFA cliche (Sentinels, Flood, and the Covenant), Halo 4 is beginning to dive down deeper into the lore. This game was created with new features, showing what 343industries can do to improve the Halo franchise. Sadly, this being 343's very first Halo game, there are a few minor problems that many people didn't like. The Campaign, for many, didn't feel as nostalgic as the original campaigns. Multiplayer has changed entirely to the point where Halo 4 may be considered closer to Call Of Duty than that of another Halo game, and Spartan Ops was a complete embarrassment when compared to Call of Duty's Zombies, Gears of War's Horde Mode, and Previous Halo Firefight games. Overall, this Halo game seemed like a transition, to a new company, and a new story. Expand
  31. Aug 10, 2015
    Wow! I had to write a review after playing this again! I first played it very casually on legendary and gota little frustrated i think. While waiting for witcher update to download decided to turn back on halo 4 and pit it down a notch in difficulty and BANG just loved it. Felt like halo, second level in ghost felt like last level in halo combat evolved. Just gorgeous, beautifulWow! I had to write a review after playing this again! I first played it very casually on legendary and gota little frustrated i think. While waiting for witcher update to download decided to turn back on halo 4 and pit it down a notch in difficulty and BANG just loved it. Felt like halo, second level in ghost felt like last level in halo combat evolved. Just gorgeous, beautiful graphics on master chief 1080p gives seriously next gen graphic games a run for their money, walking on the transparent floor will never leave my mind.. Game play is perfectly how halo to me is the best first person shooter, great enemies, story, vehicles and atmosphere. Expand
  32. Aug 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I felt a bit let down by Halo 4 story wise, gameplay wise and graphical wise and here's why.
    Story: The story starts good and I am willing to accept the Forerunners return, Cortana's rampancy is an interesting plot device and Master Chief has more personality this time round but (and this is a big but) it looses its traction very quickly, Del Rio is literally a copy and paste **** who is put in because drama, Lasky is the obvious nice guy and the I got sick of Cortana's voice near the end of the game I wanted to tear my ears out. Not to mention that you defeat the Didact with a single button press. And how Cortana (an incorporeal AI) manages to save you from a nuclear bomb that YOU WERE HOLDING. No, no and furthermore no. story 5/10

The multiplayer is the games second fumble, Halo Reach had the most fun multiplayer around with balanced weapons and pre-set loadouts so it remains balanced yet varied but Halo 4 tosses that unceremoniously out the window and opts for the COD approach where you get "Ordnance drops" which are effectively care packages, instant re-spawns, a killcam that breaks the game, personalised loadouts where you can have TWO primary weapons and perks, it's just a mess a big mess. 2/10

The look of the game, there is no denying the game looks pretty but the problem I have is with the armour. Again, to call back to Halo: Reach the armour was big and bulky and looked like it could stop a bullet but the armour in Halo 4...there is such a thing as too sleek, I would find myself scrolling through the helmets thinking "These all look crap", the shoulder pads are tiny and the chess pieces look like a bloody jigsaw puzzle.

I had moments where I enjoyed Halo 4 but ever more moments where I hatted it, it's a perfect example of where a new developer tries to distance themselves from the original creators but ends up screwing it up. Nice going 343.
    5.7/10
  33. Aug 1, 2015
    i am not saying the game is perfect, but it is the best halo campain in my opinion. far more cinematic and emotional than the oders. I think they did a great job in some new elements
  34. Jul 29, 2015
    Uhh, this Halo is the one without Bungie. That right there threw me off but I was still hyped for the release of this (and much like Destiny) I was only kept interested in the game for at most 5 months. The story is more Cortana focused which didn't really phase me until the end (the hell is going on?) and the multiplayer wasn't as fun or explosive as Halo 2 or 3. By all means still a gameUhh, this Halo is the one without Bungie. That right there threw me off but I was still hyped for the release of this (and much like Destiny) I was only kept interested in the game for at most 5 months. The story is more Cortana focused which didn't really phase me until the end (the hell is going on?) and the multiplayer wasn't as fun or explosive as Halo 2 or 3. By all means still a game you should buy (on sale) but not comparable to the other titles. Expand
  35. Jul 27, 2015
    Alright before anyone get's their pants in a jiffy, I love halo, my favorite FPS series of all time, but frankly this...
    First off the game looks gorgeous, graphically the best looking xbox 360 game, but I have to stop everyone there and say it's not needed or wanted, looking at other halo's everyone of them is colorful and neat to look at, it has a little cartoony art style that is always nice to look at, but in this case the graphics make the game look rather dull, but that's just graphics which shouldn't matter too much so what about story? You shoot aliens in the face in a linear corridor rinse and repeat, this game is weirdly very linear compared to other Halos and it's kind of boring, but the story is Chief and Cortana are trying to find a way off the planet but release an ancient evil alien called the Didact(?) that's wants to blow up humanity, so it dwindles down to "It's all chief's fault", other aspects of the story is chief no longer being the badass one liner who doesn't ask for orders only receives and get's the job done, for someone trying to have emotion which is troublesome sine he's giant super soldier who can lift tanks. Gameplay has changed dramatically and in my opinion it's worse, Halo was always different where usually FPS's are all generic and same now Halo has joined them, it's got the same control scheme as any other FPS and it's unwanted, and the multiplayer dramatically changed too, before (at least in Halo 3) it was always about skill rather than rank or anything, you had to be smart take your time remember things on the map and use them everyone started the same therefore who ever is the most intelligent wins, but now Halo 4's multiplayer is completely unfair, being high level is all that matters since you get the best loadouts which undermines Halo's entire PvP about being fair and using team work. Halo 4 is basically a generic shooter like Battlefield or CoD which ruins the game since the series was always different making it unique. Halo 4 all in all is average.
  36. Jul 20, 2015
    I had never been more hyped for a game in my life. And I have also never been so let down. Halo 4 delivered something that made me feel like I was playing call of duty with Halo weapons. Where did they go wrong? To start things off I can honestly say that Halo 4's multiplayer reminded me of a CoD game. It seems that 343 was trying to emulate some of the features like sprinting and customI had never been more hyped for a game in my life. And I have also never been so let down. Halo 4 delivered something that made me feel like I was playing call of duty with Halo weapons. Where did they go wrong? To start things off I can honestly say that Halo 4's multiplayer reminded me of a CoD game. It seems that 343 was trying to emulate some of the features like sprinting and custom classes into this game, which did not work. Speaking of things that did not work there is that ever so simple ranking system that lacked creativity and sense of accomplishment. 1,2,3,4,5........... Ranks going by numbers to me was always something I hated. It took absolutely no skill to even level up, all you had to do was play the game unlike Halo 4's older brother Halo 3 where skill was implemented into your overall rank. But overall the multiplayer was bland and I quickly lost interest in all of the new abilities and gadgets.

Ahhh forge, probably the most bittersweet aspect of the game. Halo 4's forge introduced great new abilities like the "snap" feature which I absolutely loved. It also introduced some great maps to build on as well as tons of options to forge with. However that does not save it from it's errors. Dissapointment stuck me hard when I found that there was no UNSC flying vehicle. Only thing that was even capable of flying was a banshee. But that is nothing compared to that annoying intolerable "generating lighting" screen that pops up when you exit the forge ball. Now I am not sure about you guys but this completely killed my love for forge. Even though it was those few seconds I had to wait after only a few minutes of trying to build something I couldn't take it anymore. It was just so annoying.

The campaign. I am actually completely neutral on this one. I did not think the campaign did an amazing or terrible job of moving along the story, I just think it moved it along. The game play during this was fun I must say but it didn't truly catch my eye.

So with this I score Halo 4 a 4/10. It was an extreme let down to me personally and I really hope that 343 doesn't screw up with Halo 5.
  37. Jul 13, 2015
    As a major fan of the Halo franchise, I was extremely excited for this game, as at the time of it's announcement Halo 3 was (and still is) one of my favorite games ever made. So, how did 343i do witha follow up? Horribly. The game feels like a clone of Call of Duty, with aspects of Metroid Prime, and some ideas from Halo past. The game starts with Master Chief waking up from cryo-stasis,As a major fan of the Halo franchise, I was extremely excited for this game, as at the time of it's announcement Halo 3 was (and still is) one of my favorite games ever made. So, how did 343i do witha follow up? Horribly. The game feels like a clone of Call of Duty, with aspects of Metroid Prime, and some ideas from Halo past. The game starts with Master Chief waking up from cryo-stasis, as shown in Halo 3 and Halo Legends. He then finds out from Cortana that she found an odd planet. A couple of minutes later, they find out the planet is of Promethean origin. I'll leave it there, in case anyone reading this wants to play it. As for the multiplayer, this is where the aforementioned Call of Duty kicks in. The game now relies upon a customized load-out system that you make yourself for multiplayer. While the idea is nice, it was poorly executed, as there are not as many weapons or customization options in Halo, making it feel to flat. In addition, there are now rewards for getting a bunch of points in a row. Sound familiar? Because it is extremely similar to the Kill-Streak system from Call of Duty, except in this you chose between a power up, weapon, or armor ability. In all, Halo 4 was a major disappointment to me and, according to the user score, many others. 4/10 is the highest I could give this game. Expand
  38. Jun 29, 2015
    The sigh of relief was so strong that 343 didn't butcher Halo. They did take the campaign in a more character driven story aspect though. And while this makes it feel slightly different from the old Halo feel along with the new character designs and equipment, it adds layers previously unearthed. The sounds pretty choppy without surround sound, but is more than made up for with the graphicThe sigh of relief was so strong that 343 didn't butcher Halo. They did take the campaign in a more character driven story aspect though. And while this makes it feel slightly different from the old Halo feel along with the new character designs and equipment, it adds layers previously unearthed. The sounds pretty choppy without surround sound, but is more than made up for with the graphic overhaul. And while the multiplayer has been getting plenty of hell, I find it adds demensions of skill having equipment. One of my most admired games so far. Expand
  39. Jun 27, 2015
    343 did a fantastic job with taking over Halo. Some may disagree because of the differences Halo 4 had older Halos didn't, but this game was brilliant, from the gameplay to the story,
  40. Jun 23, 2015
    If you enjoyed the previous Halo games im pretty sure you will be disappointed with this one. The story in Halo 4 continues freshly from when Halo 3 ended and the gameplay feels smoother and faster, but I couldn't help but just feel disappointed, the game feels linear and bland. The Promethean knights (the new enemy) are just annoying, they are an unwelcome edition to Halo, I enjoyedIf you enjoyed the previous Halo games im pretty sure you will be disappointed with this one. The story in Halo 4 continues freshly from when Halo 3 ended and the gameplay feels smoother and faster, but I couldn't help but just feel disappointed, the game feels linear and bland. The Promethean knights (the new enemy) are just annoying, they are an unwelcome edition to Halo, I enjoyed fighting brutes more. Don't believe those people giving this game 9's and 10's, they are probably working for 343 industries trying to get money off us or Halo 4 is their first Halo game they've ever played. Expand
  41. Jun 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Although Halo 4 is great for those just arriving into the series, it didn't live up to expectations. At first, the story line looked amazing with the skillful work of 343 creating amazing cut scenes however, ambitions shortly fell after seeing that a forerunner had actually survived the Halo rings; Even more so after, when the game transitioned into somewhat of a love story between a spartan and a rampant AI. Spartans were built not to show feelings....
    Never before seen enemies that instantly join sides with Elites (which were previously the human's allies) seems to rid the Halo franchise of what it has become. Otherwise, the multiplayer was definitely an improvement.
  42. Jun 21, 2015
    Dear all, after recently giving in to try 343s recreation of the Halo FPS and playing halo since the first game I think it is worth giving a review of this somewhat lacking game.

First of all the campaign story feels unremarkable and has certainly lost some of the implied scale of the previous trilogy, quick time events, an unremarkable antagonist and a plot held together by string all work to undermine all the Story of the game.

Each character acts to break immersion from the game, for example the librarian tells the Masterchief that she planned his coming many millenia ago, now this breaks the story, how can one individual anticipate the multitude of factors over those years, both genetic and environmental, acting as everything is predetermined undermines the entire experience and makes you want to put down the controller.
    Captain Del Rio is a complete jackass and the MasterChief licks his boots like some dog, it seemed like 343 forget that this game is meant to fulfill the gamers needs and wants and not be this quasi realistic drama where Cortana, a character I loved to hate in all previous titles, is humanised, I couldn't care for her before and especially don't now.

Spartan Ops is repetitive on the same five maps and offers nothing new to the franchise, both it and the campaign seem to be very similar: Go here, Press X, Kill enemies, Press X, Listen to female narration and terrible commentary, end scene.

Multiplayer is unbalanced and far from previous Halos Arena style combat, Everything needs to be more competitive.

Upon writing this review I have completed this game solo on legendary, have a 1.9 K/D on War Games and completed every Spartan Ops episode that came with game.

My final point is this: it seems like Halo 4 brings an end to the creativity of previous Halo titles, and fails to make an emotional impact unlike Halo Reach.

I would say this game is regression to the generic first person shooter and not what Halo is, after sinking many hours into this game I can say it is worth a play and is fun but do not expect the same re playability the older games offered.
  43. Jun 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For 343's first offial Halo title I believe they did a good job, but could of been better. Possibly the best campaign in terms of storytelling and also emotional (when Cortana died). The multplayer is fun but not competitive which is why so many Halo fans hated this game. Spartan Ops is fun when played with friends but kind of boring when played alone. Expand
  44. Jun 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In the past, the Halo video game series started a revolution on the Xbox console and its latest version is now out, Halo 4. It was released in 2012 and it was one of the most awaited games of its time as fans were anxious to see what its new developer had to offer. Bungie, its original developer eventually split with Microsoft and 343 Industries was created to continue the franchise. It frightened fans who didn’t know what to expect but 343 Industries did not disappoint. It successful fulfilled and some may say surpassed its expectations by introducing a well-constructed game that did not fail to please the eye. 343 Industries was able to create a beautiful game that included a captivating story with harmonious music and several game modes.
    The story implanted in Halo 4 is genius as the proclaimed Master Chief tries to save humanity once again while his long known friend and AI, Cortana, is in the brink of “thinking herself to death” and insanity. The story continues where Halo 3 left off; Master Chief drifts in space while in hyper sleep aboard the Forward Unto the Dawn ship. He is awakened by Cortana as they are being sucked into an alien planet, known as Requiem. His shipped is boarded by an old alien enemy, the Covenant, and he is forced to shoot himself out the ship. He begins his journey by unraveling the mystery of the unknown planet and unintentionally releasing an ancient evil. This is a trilling ride with many ways of getting through each level. The campaign is only about 8-9 hours long but with the diversity that each level offers, it always seems to keep you on your feet. In one level you are trying to escape an exploding planet on an alien vehicle while in another you search for fallen allies in an alien infested forest. From commanding tanks to flying warships through enemy grounds, the game always manages to surprise and keep you interested. The new alien race that is introduced, known as the Prometheans, create a brand new experience. There are Promethean knights, crawlers, and watchers that each have a unique ability. While the crawlers create an ambush in walls above you, the knights are transported across the map by the watchers. These new enemies are smarter and will use their tactics against you, making it more challenging and interesting to get through a level. Put simply, the striking campaign of Halo 4 will not disappoint with its great intensity and variety of gameplay.
    Although the campaign is already action packed, Cortana’s anticipated death really creates a moving narrative in Halo 4. After being brought back from cryogenic hyper sleep, Master Chief immediately notices that something is wrong with his AI, Cortana. At first, her hollow gram begins to malfunction, followed by emotional outbursts that worsen throughout the game. Her condition, described as rampancy, causes her to slowly slither into insanity as her life span is long overdue. This adds a trilling and suspenseful feature to the game as she makes matters worst with her sudden outburst at the moments when she is most needed. For example, she falls into an emotional outburst while trying to disengage a bomb, causing many civilians to die and letting the enemy escape. Cortana’s situation allows for 343 Industries to implement great sentimental voice acting between Cortana and Master Chief. It also contributes to a touching connection between the two characters and the player, unseen in any of the previous Halo games. Master Chief is forced to make a promise he can’t keep while trying to save humanity. Cortana’s tragic condition adds a great emotional touch to the game’s action packed story.
    If the story ever seems a bit short, there is always the competitive multiplayer, which always seem to please. Besides what the previous Halos have had to offer, this game introduces great customizable loads outs and a point system that awards the player with unlockables. The load outs include new weapons, grenades, and fun armor abilities which can be upgraded. Although the multiplayer offers a different kind of environment, it still does not fully keep up with modern shooters, such of Call of Duty, which focus their attention on precision shooting and a realistic experience. Even so, the game still offers a great sci-fi multiplayer experience using large scale maps, various game modes, and extraterrestrial weaponry for each combat experience, such as for shooting down an aircraft or even for degutting an enemy from the back with the famous energy sword. Some of the few flaws that the multiplayer mode includes are the overpowered guns and the construction of various maps. At times, it becomes impossible to use a short range gun when you are continuously being blow into pieces with a giant missile or being shot by sniper. As for the maps, they are not always well-constructed for every weapon type. In contrast, when you are the one with the advantage, the multiplayer and can become rather addictive.
    For those who do not like playing with complete strangers, the game also offers two different coop modes. The first is campaign mode. Play through the epic story once more with your buddies, while increasing the difficultly. The other mode is new to Halo 4 and it is called Spec Ops, which features several team missions. It can be boring if you play it alone but is most enjoyed when played with friends as it add some variety. Sadly, this mode doesn’t offer a real story and most of its missions are based on simple task, such as capturing or destroying certain objectives, which can become a bit annoying. Overall, the coop mode offers a different way of playing the game with friends, which can be fun but get boring over time.
    As for the visuals of the game, they surpass expectation as the beautify presented in scenic scenes and vast locations. The second the story begins, you are presented with beautifully crafted images of people who do not seem a bit pixelated. The graphics in their faces are clean and contain natural textures, such as wrinkles. One the first cut scenes that truly expresses 343 Industries’ magnum opus is when the Covenant fleet is first seen drifting through space. All the details are vivid from a distance and the light perfectly reflects off each ship as it hovers through space. From deep jungles to mesmerizing panoramas, 343 Industries never failed to provide a flawless scene. There are times in the game where I would just stop and appreciate its majestic vast landmarks. These great visuals are not only presented in locations but also throughout the characters in the game. For example, Master Chief’s armor continues to rust while covered with detailed scratches and dents. In the end, the visuals of this game allow it to be one of the most beautiful games of its time.
    If there is anything that this game is known for, it’s its the compelling music and sounds that are found throughout the story. Every single sound is heard, from the enemy’s footsteps, to the sound of a bullet penetrating their armored covered bodies. These detailed sounds are perfectly balanced and add greater intensity to the game allowing us to feel as if we are there. These delicate noises increase you awareness and make sure you hear your enemies coming. As for the soundtrack, it brilliantly complements each moment throughout game without it ever being unnecessary or excessive. 343 Industries knowns perfectly when to add empowering music or keep complete silence. In conclusion, Halo 4’s harmonious music is definitely not something the game would have prevailed without.
    343 Industries was given the chance to continue of the most prominent series of its time and they definitely did not disappoint the fans. Halo 4 does contain a few flaws concerning its multiplayer modes but overall, the campaign makes up for these by introducing a finely crafted plot. It was a trilling, yet emotional as Cortana gradually deteriorates throughout the game and Master Chief tries to save the humanity from an uprising evil. It visually pleases the eye and its genius use of music creates galvanizing experience. In the end, this game surpassed the expectations that were expected from 343 Industries.
    Jun 14, 2015
    Halo 4 is, on its' own, a decent game. However, as a Halo game, it doesn't match up to its' predecessors. The gameplay is more or less solid, to its' credit, but 343 thoroughly butchers the lore of the universe for Halo 4 as well as in the novels surrounding it. Considering the barely tolerable characters like Sarah Palmer, whom is essentially a misogynistic Sergeant Johnson wannabe, theHalo 4 is, on its' own, a decent game. However, as a Halo game, it doesn't match up to its' predecessors. The gameplay is more or less solid, to its' credit, but 343 thoroughly butchers the lore of the universe for Halo 4 as well as in the novels surrounding it. Considering the barely tolerable characters like Sarah Palmer, whom is essentially a misogynistic Sergeant Johnson wannabe, the plot is incredibly cringeworthy, both for Spartan Ops and campaign, with lore issues as well as the cringeworthy acting for the "romance" or whatever nonsense that Chief and Cortana get into.

Multiplayer is pretty solid in the basics but gets to be pretty awful when you interact with any of the call of dutyied game systems added in like prestiege armors or whatever the garbage is that they added. Multiplayer armor designs are also some of the worst ever, resembling power rangers more than military hardware. Most of the helmets have retarded visor designs, or look like wannabe copies of Recon helmets. Mix in the bizzare lack of a codplate and loads of greeble-ey design work and you get armor that generally looks awful.

Overall, better off renting this game if you can, cause it's not worth buying for any long term interest.
  46. Jun 9, 2015
    Halo 4, a game that I did not expected to be so good as Halo Reach is. First I want to say well done for the graphics, there are just great. The campaign is full of many new experiences and the multiplayer is awesome. There are lots of new things, like loadouts, weapons and abilities. As the last Halo game for XBOX 360 I really like it, but I think If Halo 4 had firefight and free to playHalo 4, a game that I did not expected to be so good as Halo Reach is. First I want to say well done for the graphics, there are just great. The campaign is full of many new experiences and the multiplayer is awesome. There are lots of new things, like loadouts, weapons and abilities. As the last Halo game for XBOX 360 I really like it, but I think If Halo 4 had firefight and free to play Spartan Ops without Xbox Live Gold it would be the best Halo game ever. Expand
  47. May 20, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Want an in-depth explanation for why Halo 4 sucks? Look no further. I always played Halo for the campaign, so that's going to be the main focus of this review. The campaign in Halo 4 pissed me off for a multitude of reasons. First of all, the first thing you notice is the new and innovative introduction of quick time events (press rb to kill elite), and that they brought back the Covenant as an enemy. And not the Covenant from Halo 3, with brutes and no elites. No, they decided to bring back a Covenant that was almost exactly like the one from reach (except with fewer enemy variety), with elites (even though they allied with the UNSC), and all the weapons that the Covenant used in Halo reach, despite that game being a prequel to all of the other Halo games, and therefore the weapons and covenant armor types in that game would be dated by the time Halo 4 rolls around. But the weapons and enemies aren't the only thing dated about Halo 4. The graphics make it look oddly cartoony, the enemy AI is crappy (They don't even reload, so if they have a rocket launcher it gets to be rapid fire), and there are little to no innovations to be found anywhere. Well, unless you count the COD-ification that is rampant in the campaign and multiplayer modes. So, the Covenant sucks. But what about the much-hyped Prometheans? Surely they must be cool? Well... they aren't. There are only four enemy types (unless you count the slight differences n the colors of their back-spikes, which I sure as hell don't). There are only about eight Promethean weapons, which all function just like orange UNSC weapons. Worst of all, there are no Promethean vehicles. Not even giant monsters or anything. Just generic dogs, drones, turrets, and hunchbacked elites. Throughout the campaign, nothing really impressed me. I still remember iconic levels from Halo 3 and Halo Reach ("The Covenant" and "The Ark", anyone?), but this contained none of that. It was all just "go through an area that looks like you're tripping on LSD and hit a button so that you and the naked blue lady can go to a new area". It didn't help that the soundtrack was forgettable. Also, for some reason there was no Arbiter as player 2 (One of the coolest things about Halo 3). Instead, if you want to play with a buddy there's gotta be 2 Master Chiefs. The story also sucked. Basically, this generic alien wants to destroy the world and you have to stop him and the covenant are also there because they weren't creative enough to make a fully fleshed-out forunner faction. The ending is probably the worst part. It involves a single quick time event "boss fight" that makes the fight with Guilty Spark at the end of Halo 3 look like something out of Dark Souls. Then they proceed to kill off Cortana. Freaking Cortana! The Halo story pretty much already ended. Did Bungie give 343 permission to do this? This would be like if a different company made a new lord of the rings movie, and just killed off Gandalf or Legolas at the end. Not only does the campaign suck, 343 also removed Firefight, and replaced it with Spartan Ops, something you can't even use unless you've paid for Xbox Live. The multiplayer is OK I guess, but compared to games like battlefield and COD, Halo needs to actually innovate if it wants to be able to compete with these games. The one thing that pissed me off about it was the fact that you can no longer play as an alien. I gave this game a 4 only because the core gameplay is actually pretty fun, and there are a lot of cool ways you can customize your spartan now. Also, Forge is pretty fun, although still not on par with the map maker of, say, Far Cry (Why can't you spawn enemies or change the weather and terrain? That would be so cool!). Finally, Halo seems to be one of the few games these days that actually gives a **** about splitscreen multiplayer, so I respect it for that. Other than that, you would be better off playing one of the legendary Halo games of old, like Halo 3 or Combat Evolved. Expand
  48. May 8, 2015
    It's a good game, you should buy it. 10/10. It's an even better game if you have a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and an ice cold Mountain Dew next to you. Why do we have to charge so much for maps, yet have these extravagant marketing campaigns? Who cares? Doritos! Mountain Dew!

OK, OK here's the serious verdict. It's a fun game, and it's HALO! I'm not a huge halo fan, but I very much liked Halo 3. I feel like this sequel is a bit underwhelming considering how great Halo 3 was, but this game still has much to offer and is lots of fun. When this game came out, I didn't like it. Now, in 2015, seeing how homogenized the shooter market is with our annual Call of Battlefields and their shameless copycats, how naive of me to hate on this game. People should look at this game and see how unique it is, and there should be more games that stray from the norm.
  49. Apr 27, 2015
    Halo 4's brilliant campaign, polished multiplayer and the new spartan ops makes this a good value purchase, even if it lacks a bit of innovation that Halo 3 was.
  50. Apr 15, 2015
    First things first: I am a fan of Halo. Have been since Halo 1, and Halo 2 is still my favorite. When I found out that Halo 4 would incorporate some features first seen in shooters like Call of Duty, I was a bit scared it would lose that unique, well... Halo-ness. Thankfully, it didn't, and I dare say it's better than Halo 3.

Sure, Halo 4 has the equivalent of perks from CoD, in the

Sure, Halo 4 has the equivalent of perks from CoD, in the form of specializations. You can level up through multiplayer in these specializations, and get armor sets and armor abilities as rewards. There are also some armor abilities that you can just choose to supplement your play style, much like Battlefield's classes. In my opinion, these are great additions, because they increase the depth of the gameplay. Instead of being forced to start with a weapon you don't like, you can change your loadout, and even take on a role (such as medic). Unlocking armor through multiplayer feels very rewarding too, though IMO the armor sets could've added some technical effects -- as it is, armor is purely cosmetic -- but then, that was the case in previous Halo games too.

Some abilities really add tension to the multiplayer mode, like one that allows you to briefly see opponents through walls, or one that predicts where a weapon drop is going to be, and when. Or even one that allows you to cycle through weapon drops until you get a weapon you like.
    The multiplayer, by the way, is still solid. When comparing it to Halo 3, you'll even notice that it moves more fluidly. Halo 3 was less accurate when aiming, and it was choppier and laggier.

I don't see why some people hate this game. When I asked them why they hated it, the answer was always ''because it's got some features from Call of Duty'' or ''it's generic'' -- no explanation given. Or the answer was 'because 343 sucks'. Yes, because your loyalty to a company totally influences the quality of the game *sarcasm*. From what I can gather, the only reasons why people hated Halo 4 was because its gameplay was deeper than that of previous installments, and because those people are so close-minded and hateful towards CoD that they can't accept that CoD did get some things right. In a sense, they're right, the creators of Call of Duty are just churning out the same game over and over, but that has nothing to do with gameplay features such as perks or classes.

Halo 4 takes the best from previous Halo games, and adds the best shooter mechanics, and features you would want in a next-gen shooter. The fact that those features (perks) were first created in CoD, doesn't mean they are exclusive to CoD or make up its identity. I am all for deeper, more rewarding gameplay, and Halo 4 delivers.
  51. Apr 14, 2015
    i did expect more but it was well delivered, with an awesome campaign and fun muiltiplayer, but they took out some things that i wish where in it like some unsc air vehicles, BUT YOU GET TO DRIVE A PELICAN which is really cool making fans happy
  52. Mar 18, 2015
    Halo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayerHalo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayer is the ability to make custom classes with different abilities and weapons with many possibilities. I also love that you can customize how your character looks in multiplayer, so each player will look unique. The game not only plays great, but looks and sounds fantastic. For 2012, the graphics are absolutely incredible with dynamic lighting, textures, and has a nice glossy look. The game score is composed by a different composer from previous Halo's, and the style of the music is definitely different. Past Halo's were very prominent with heavy percussion and simple orchestrations and synthesizers here and there. On the score, the music sounds a lot more in your face with lots of orchestrations and can sometimes feel a little over the top and overproduced but all in all, it's a very good score. Now to the campaign. The campaign adds new enemies, the Forerunners, which gives you a breathe of fresh air from always combating the Covenant. Each missions is awesome to play and fairly lengthy. The story really shines with the Master Chief and Cortana. I won't give to much away, but the developers really expanded with their connection and have a lot more personal dialogue between the two. Their chemistry in this game is superb and beautiful, and I've never seen any other two characters in video games or movies that has even come close to matching. You know a game is amazing when the story makes you cry, especially when it's the only game to make you do that. I won't spoil anything, but the game ending is so heartfelt and cordial that left me in tears and may leave you in tears. Halo 4 is a game that everybody should play. Expand
  53. Feb 22, 2015
    The game is absolutely outstanding!!!! Visually maybe the best game in consoles. High quality sounds, it feels like you are in the real battlefield, excellent gameplay, jawdropping lightning effects, unbelievable music, awesome story. What else do you need? Congrats to 343!!!!
  54. Feb 16, 2015
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros: Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros:
    Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and animations are spot on.
    The campaign is without a doubt the best in the series. There is a strong bond between Chief and Cortana that you don't see as clearly in the previous games. After playing (most of) Halo: CE and Halo 3 (Not Halo 2 as I do not have an original Xbox or Xbox One), I was slightly underwhelmed by the campaign modes as they just consisted of general gameplay and didn't expand the story. I felt like 343 industries got it right with Halo 4.
    The sound design is awesome. I complimented CE Anniversary for having excellent sound design and it is just as good here. The weapons sound killer and the soundtrack is to die for.
    Multiplayer has always been good in the Halo series, and like most things in Halo 4, the multiplayer is a huge evolution. While retaining classic game modes such as slayer, the multiplayer is expanded on with improved features. It is closer to Call of Duty rather than Halo, but it is still a lot of fun.
    There is a new mode called "Spartan Ops", which is an episodic co-operative or solo mode in which you take on 5 relatively short missions for each episodes which take place after the main campaign and while they are short, there are 10 episodes (5 + 5 as a free DLC pack).

Overall, I think this is the strongest Halo game in the series and is truly underrated by fans. A stunning masterpiece.

55. Feb 6, 2015
    this game had a great campaign, a good mulitiplayer, and amazing graphics. i don't know why people are saying the multiplayer is uneven and bad. MOST maps, AND I MEAN MOST MAPS are symmetrical. there are a few that are not, like abandon. but most of the other maps are symmetric, like haven. also if you don't play infinity slayer, then there are no ordnance drops form players. thethis game had a great campaign, a good mulitiplayer, and amazing graphics. i don't know why people are saying the multiplayer is uneven and bad. MOST maps, AND I MEAN MOST MAPS are symmetrical. there are a few that are not, like abandon. but most of the other maps are symmetric, like haven. also if you don't play infinity slayer, then there are no ordnance drops form players. the mulitiplayer is even, I don't care what people say. and loadouts are even because everyone can have the same perks and guns as everyone else. great game Expand
  56. Feb 3, 2015
    I've played previous Halo games that I enjoyed, but this one is not very good. Levels were boring, no new features or game perks. The AI was predictable, and after figuring that out the missions became easy to finish.
  57. Jan 23, 2015
    In my opinion, this is the best Halo game out of Halo 1,2, and 3. It has a strong story, very good voice acting, and spectacular graphics. The ending of the campaign will hit you hard, I guarantee it. The only thing this game lacks is the firefight mode, which is a really fun aspect of a Halo game. 9/10 (Awesome)
  58. Jan 10, 2015
    I'm going to save my opinion on the whole 'necessity' to have a fourth installment of the Halo Franchise for a different time, as it is concurrently different from the opinion of the game in it's own context. Anyhow, before people start flagging my review down before their own sensibilities will bereft them from any kind of review that isn't a 9 or 10, I get why you guys like this game:I'm going to save my opinion on the whole 'necessity' to have a fourth installment of the Halo Franchise for a different time, as it is concurrently different from the opinion of the game in it's own context. Anyhow, before people start flagging my review down before their own sensibilities will bereft them from any kind of review that isn't a 9 or 10, I get why you guys like this game: It's got all this awesome lore to behold that any person with a pencil in hand will draw out soldier stories from the UNSC, I'm glad that you like all these visual graphics that have a huge scope on 'epic', but it's nothing to me. The graphics are just eye candy to hide all the uglier things about the game away. And the lore is only as important as you put your head into it, and if lore requires you to go into different mediums in order to understand anything, than you've failed at making a game worth of narrative, as is what this game does somewhat. Anyhow, as for the story, Master Chief and Cortana, after without any thought decided to go on into interstellar stasis for four years, come across an 'unknown' forerunner planet harvested by a new breed of alien to be feared (OOGA OOGA BOOGA) as the Promethians, which apart from their little surveyor drones and lights affixed like christmas ornaments around their body, work in AI almost the same way as the Covenant forces, meaning, bad. Enemies still go out in the daylight to greet your bullet barrel, which I would understand by the nature of the grunts, but the Elites? The Elites have been not only dumbed down but also lost a lot of their resilience to bullets, often being killable after their short-handed shields get depleted. Brutes are not present, for some reason, and the Promethein forces are not that variable, with nothing but "Knights", Surveyors and what I've been calling hell hounds, the little dog things that drop an infinite load of boltshots if you kill them, which usually takes one hit. Anyhow, for the weapons. A lot of the weapons from Reach and Halo 3 have returned in Halo 4, as you can now equip a DMR and Battle Rifle at the same time, including a touch of new weapons from all three forces, such as the Rail Gun, SAW, Storm Rifle and the famous Promethein weapons. The Promethein weapons are by far the best with the most stopping power and a neat little particle effect when you kill them (they distintegrate!). But other than the dialogue of the characters, which has seen a definite marked improvement, this game is colluded with a lot of confusing buzz words (composer, didact, forerunner, yadda yadda yah) and is not difficult in the slightest. Most of the time my friend and I got killed out of our own stupidity rather than by the difficulty curve (also, yet another QTE kill of the main boss). One small improvement is that the chief can now sprint (rather than being a 'pickable' ability), and some of the new abilities are much more helpful, such as a mobile drop shield and mini surveyor bot. And as I said, the graphic are pretty, but only serve to get you caught up in it so that they can mask away the aforementioned grievances above. I had my doubts about 343, but at least they didn't absolutely disgrace me with a pile of dog crap. They just gave me a rote, by the numbers game that attempts to pump more into it just to keep this aging franchise stagnant rather than dead. Expand
  59. Jan 4, 2015
    Halo 4 isn't as bad as everyone says it is. It's campaign story is Great at what it does - fleshing out chiefs character - and the multiplayer is different but still reasonably fun. Graphics look good especially baring in mind they're running on Reach's engine! The new set of guns are pretty cool, but AI was in the game was pretty average. Gameplay had a nice variety of stages, but tradingHalo 4 isn't as bad as everyone says it is. It's campaign story is Great at what it does - fleshing out chiefs character - and the multiplayer is different but still reasonably fun. Graphics look good especially baring in mind they're running on Reach's engine! The new set of guns are pretty cool, but AI was in the game was pretty average. Gameplay had a nice variety of stages, but trading the scarab boarding for the Lech boarding, awful move. It was so boring. Now multiplayer was pretty fast paced, but i didn't think it was on par with Reach's. The maps were pretty terrible for the most part too (the only good ones i can think of being are Longshore - i think it was called that, the snowy one - Haven and Ragnarok -a remake). The vehicles handles better though which was good online though, especially for races. However 343 did lie when saying races would be in the game (when they weren't). Forge was pretty decent though, i found it a lot better to create stuff in but i still found Forge World a better place to create maps in albeit being harder. It's still a fun game, but i think the series peaked at Reach. Expand
  60. Jan 3, 2015
    Meh. It's a good game, but seriously, Call of Duty is actually better. Halo's weapon selection, gameplay, variety of enemies, storyline, graphics (sort of), etc. just make it a shooter that's not necessarily worth the $60.
  61. Dec 29, 2014
    This was a great game. However the reason that i am giving this game such a low review is because they got rid of firefight!!! Me and my sister had hours of fun through the halo series playing firefight!!! If spartan opp is the same thing then it still stinks because i just cant play it. I have to get Xbox live or something. I don't like this because of what happened after the update. IThis was a great game. However the reason that i am giving this game such a low review is because they got rid of firefight!!! Me and my sister had hours of fun through the halo series playing firefight!!! If spartan opp is the same thing then it still stinks because i just cant play it. I have to get Xbox live or something. I don't like this because of what happened after the update. I got sent back to sr1 after updating!!!! This ruined the game for me. Also during forge, there was a problem. I would be in forge mode and then i would turn back to spartan but i would take forever to make the screen load back.That was annoying. after i got sent back to recruit, i stopped playing this game. Not cool 343. not cool. Expand
  62. Dec 28, 2014
    I've been a devoted fan of the Halo franchise ever since I was 9 years old. But the moment I heard that Halo 4 was in the hands of a new development team, you can be sure that I was worried about them ruining it. But guess what? Halo 4 is absolutely gorgeous in every conceivable way. An emotional story, beautiful soundtrack, fascinating sound design, and graphics that rivals even some ofI've been a devoted fan of the Halo franchise ever since I was 9 years old. But the moment I heard that Halo 4 was in the hands of a new development team, you can be sure that I was worried about them ruining it. But guess what? Halo 4 is absolutely gorgeous in every conceivable way. An emotional story, beautiful soundtrack, fascinating sound design, and graphics that rivals even some of today's next-gen titles are what this game delivers. Many people do not like the changes introduced in this game, and I admit I pity those poor souls who cannot appreciate change. Halo 4 is a masterpiece. This is a must-play for any Xbox 360 owner. Expand
  63. Dec 22, 2014
    A fresh and fun addition to the Halo franchise we all love while staying true to its predecessors. Halo 4 stylishly integrates new concepts with the old butt-kicking mechanics we enjoyed.
  64. Dec 17, 2014
    By far and large the worst Halo game I've ever played. It's definitely in the top 5 worst shooters I have ever played. I loved Halo Reach and made sure to pre-order this game. It looked like it had promise.

Know who else looked like they had promise? Hitler. And look what happened because of him. Halo 4 is a broken, boring pathetic mess that isn't worthy of a 0/10. The story is

Halo 4 is a broken, boring pathetic mess that isn't worthy of a 0/10. The story is predictable, the final boss is.... a single quick time even that gives you 20 seconds to press the button, the controls handle like ass, and the game runs like it was programmed on Windows 95.
    Sure, it has great graphics, but its horrid aesthetic makes it look like the fantasies of a bisexual 13 year old brony. I'm not kidding when I say that it took longer to install the **** game than it did to melt the disk in my microwave.
    Not gonna be buying another 343 game after this pathetic **** mess.
    The campaign is at least acceptable, but dear god.. The multiplayer. Halo has always thrived on being a unique experience. Thus, the "Combat Evolved" part of the first Halo's name. Now, it's more like "Halo: Call of duty RippedOff." Know why? It's a Call of Duty clone with a sci-fi skin, but it has vehicles. Unbalanced vehicles that are easily stronger than 7 assault rifles in one. Need proof? A railgun mounted truck than can instantkill almost any other vehicle from the end of the map with splash damage the size of a tank shell.
    The guns all have no recoil, they are 3-4 hit kills but fire way too fast, sniper rifles are overpowered as **** there is a "killstreak" in the form of ordinance drops containing... more overpowered weapons!
    It's Space CoD but badly executed. The matchmaking is worse than Titanfall's, as you'll have a team of level 1's up against a team of level 130's.
    This isn't mentioning the hackers, either. Over the course of 5 games, I saw 8 hackers. 1 noclipper, 3 godmoders, 2 people spawning in weapons or items and 2 who just nuked the map. That's **** PATHETIC.
    The soundtrack is a generic orchestra track ripped straight from Silence of the Lambs. I have sincerely seen flash games with better music. Spartan Ops, which is essentially just the campaign that removes story in order to make you move from point A to point B and shoot **** I learned more about Halo's backstory from one 3 minute cut scène than I did the entire 10 hour session of Spartan Ops.
    Here's a bit of a TL;DR
    Graphics: 7/10. Great graphics but ****ty aesthetic. I think this was the best part of the game.
    Story: 6/10. Generic and boring BUT innovative and new.
    Gameplay: 3/10. Go here, shoot thing. Nothing beyond this besides the occasional vehicle section with horrible controls. The UNSC vehicles feel like the tires are made out of liquid nitrogen, and the Covenant vehicles feel like there are no longer laws of physics. There are no forerunner vehicles, sadly. 343 was too cheap and just decided to rip all of its vehicles out of Reach, except for the aforementioned overpowered railgun truck of death.
    Multiplayer: 000/10. One zero wasn't enough to describe this **** mess. ****ty matchmaking that has you waiting for 10 minutes to find a game among 3000 other players (it tells you how many people are online in a specific gamemode) repetitive and boring gameplay where the semi-auto and burst guns are overpowered, any explosive is ridiculously overpowered and sniper rifles are gamebreaking, overpowered vehicles, nonexistent objectives besides "Take this flag! It will help the UNSC cause for some reason."
    I think Modern Warfare 3 did multiplayer better. This is inexcusable.
    Dialogue: 6/10. No real complaints. A lot of the lines sounded like they were made by a 2 year old, but halo isn't about dialogue. We're here to kill aliens like the space KKK.
    Soundtrack: 4/10. It works. It fits decently, but it isn't very good.
    That's basically it. I'd take any FPS game over this pitiful excuse of a game made by a company that doesn't give a damn about its customers.
    -Someone whose favorite console is the Xbox 360.
    (If this were ported to PC, it'd get an 8/10. Less hackers, better controls, better frame rate, better community. You name it, PC could do it better.)

You know, I loved the first two halos to death. I personally think Halo: Combat Evolved is a **** masterpiece. So, I was disappointed to find that ODST was better than this. And ODST was some shiiiiit.
    I'll have to do my research before I buy into another Halo game.
    That, and hope I don't get matched up against a squad of hackers and a squad of people playing Halo 24/7.
  65. Dec 14, 2014
    graphics 10/10 abousity outstating controls perfect like every other halo game online i dont play online that much but the biggest flaw is the removal of the gamemode firefight it would have been perfect with the new enemies
  66. Dec 9, 2014
    What a disappointment, I've been a long time Halo fan, and in my honest opinion this is the worst in the series. Yes Halo Wars is better than this crap. The graphics and gameplay are save this game other than that I wouldn't play this. If they didn't change the Flood game mode I would have given this game a 5 because Flood was where I spent most of my time until they added the saw, assaultWhat a disappointment, I've been a long time Halo fan, and in my honest opinion this is the worst in the series. Yes Halo Wars is better than this crap. The graphics and gameplay are save this game other than that I wouldn't play this. If they didn't change the Flood game mode I would have given this game a 5 because Flood was where I spent most of my time until they added the saw, assault rifle and more to the mix because then what's the challenge this game just sucks Expand
  67. Dec 9, 2014
    I think that after Bungie had left Halo alone to pursue bigger and worse things, DESTINY. 343 should have left Chief's story alone as it's done and created a new character to follow. What I expected them to do was screw it up but they didn't. Halo 4 is a really good game that isn't quite as good as Halo 1 but is about on the same level as 2.

Verdict: A great game that I expected not to

Verdict:
    A great game that I expected not to like but I did... a lot
  68. Dec 7, 2014
    All the Halo you expect. This is a solid Halo entry and delivers everywhere a Halo game should. The lack of something significant that is new though limits it. It doesn't seem as addictive as Reach either. Hopefully Halo games aren't rolled out every year just for the sake of it like Call of Duty is (which is becoming increasingly tiring). I would like to see more thought go into the nextAll the Halo you expect. This is a solid Halo entry and delivers everywhere a Halo game should. The lack of something significant that is new though limits it. It doesn't seem as addictive as Reach either. Hopefully Halo games aren't rolled out every year just for the sake of it like Call of Duty is (which is becoming increasingly tiring). I would like to see more thought go into the next game in order to lift Halo back up to the level that Reach has made it's high point. The addition of new modes and features would make for a more enriched experience too. Expand
  69. Dec 3, 2014
    It would go faster to just write the positive aspects of this game because that list is very short. Generally good visuals, a lot of weapons to choose from, some new and fresh enemies. That's pretty much all that i can think of as positive.

This game feels so cheap and just poorly made especially if you have in mind the budget they've had for making this game, they had the chance to make a splendid sequel which in my opinion is something they failed very very bad at. There are so many aspects which are full of flaws. Items and weapons disappear out of nowhere, once you drop a weapon or if a enemy drop a weapon it disappear if you turn your back away, it even happens while it's on screen. There is no depth in the story and it kind of doesn't feel like halo at all. The game is very repetitive and also very short, sometimes it feels like they've used the same maps but just rearranged some things. In Spartan Ops is the same maps but just playing them in reverse.

The respawn system in Spartan Ops is also crap, you literally respawn where you die which puts you in a spawn kill loop where you are surrounded with knights that simply kill you once you respawn and i just laughed at how poorly made this game is. You can't hijack banshees which i tried on several missions which also adds up on the negatives.

When you buy the game, the only thing that is available is the campaign. Spartan Ops and all other things in Halo 4 requires Gold membership which is **** So technically when you buy the game you only get to play the short campaign and if you wanna play more you have to pay monthly to do so. I looked forward to Halo 4 and looked upon 343 industries as a new chapter who had the possibility to fix all the bad stuff with the previous games like the bad AI for instance, but instead they kept all the bad stuff and added some more just for the fun of it.

I feel awkward on behalf of 343 industries who, with all the resources, people and finances to release such a disaster. I have been a fan of halo series and was really hoping for improvement but this is the end of the line for me. I'm not buying any other Halo games in the future, there are SO many better games to spend your money on which won't make you feel robbed.
  70. Nov 19, 2014
    Very boring, the game is not interesting, no computers in multiplier. bad story, and i hate that it is a popular game even thought there is not much to do. this is a rip off.
  71. Nov 8, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and that is all i could ask for but the campaign is breath taking the best game i have ever played. The emotion of the game is outstanding. how anyone could dislike this game even in the slightest is unfathomable.
  72. Nov 7, 2014
    Game was bad felt like I was in a Micheal Bay Movie, ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  73. Oct 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nearing its 13th year anniversary, the “Halo” series, created by Bungie and now lead by 343 Industries, has become one of the most popular video games in the video game market today, and of its 13 year lifespan. Halo has become a staple or a “must have” for anyone who has an Xbox system. In 2012, 343 Industries released the latest installment of the series called “Halo 4”. What made this release so big is that it was the first time that the new company, 343 Industries, had created a Halo game that would continue the story from the questionable ending of Halo 3. At the end of Halo 3, Bungie left us wondering what will be of the majestic Master Chief as he falls into cyrosleep in the empty ‘Forward Unto Dawn’ slowly going into unaccounted space travel. Halo 4 brought much excitement to Halo fans around the world because the 5 year long wait was finally over, and the story of Master Chief could once again continue in a new trilogy. Many have called Halo 4 the best game yet, but what does it take for a game to be qualified as, “one of the best of all time?” The answer is, it would have to have amazing high-definition graphics and original designs, fast-paced multiplayer gameplay, and a unique story that would emotionally tie players into the game. In Halo 4, 343 Industries really outdid themselves in making this game “one of the best of all time” in all categories.
    To begin with, good graphics and original designs are important in making a great quality game because it makes the game worth looking at, and gives you a special feel that you wouldn’t feel from another game. Halo 4’s graphics and original designs keep you wanting to see more of what 343 Industries has in store for you. As stated from an IGN review, “Of course, gorgeous graphics are only one responsibility a console’s killer app must bear. Perhaps equal to Halo 4’s monitor-melting visuals is its bar-none, best-in-class sound design. If you think you’ve heard Halo, check your ears and listen again”. With new technology advancements in CG graphics, the characters, the environments, and even Master Chief look almost realistic. It is as if someone actually recorded this game in real life. The Forerunner structures in Halo 4’s campaign definitely give you this feeling because the designs are literally “out of this world”. The creation of the Forerunner designs are simply beautiful and makes the Forerunners seem “fancy” and the “high classed”. To tie everything together, the graphics and designs simply makes this game just amazing.
    In addition, fast-paced action gameplay is an important quality of making a great game, because it keeps you wanting more from the gameplay. This quality will most likely not make your game end up in your dusty CD pile. Halo 4’s multiplayer gameplay will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours. The fast-paced multiplayer action of killing opposing Spartans in the midst of explosions and bullets coming from every angle just makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. Even the disappointment you feel after losing your killing spree fuels you to play even harder to get the highest score in the match. The multiplayer matchmaking will keep you playing this game for the next few years, or at least until Halo 5 comes out in 2015.
    Lastly, a good story is important to making a great game because it keeps us emotionally tied into the game, its plot, and the characters. As quoted from Destructoid, a video game review website, “343 Industries have done a remarkable job at continuing the Halo legacy. They've gone all out, creating a fantastic sequel that brought forth a major focus on storytelling while upping the visual and audio direction to a level that will be tough for anyone to rival with these few remaining years of the current console generation”. Halo 4 is the fifth intake in the Halo story line. What makes this story different from the other prequels is that it puts more emphasize on Master Chief’s emotional being. The game starts off with Dr. Halsey being interrogated by a UNSC officer on the issue of destroying her Spartans, including Master Chief, mentally and emotionally through her Spartans illegal childhood military training. Because of this, Master Chief acts as a machine to the UNSC. Nearing the end of the story, Cortana asks Master Chief, "...before this is all over, promise me you'll figure out which one of us is the machine." This imposes that Cortana wants Master Chief to realize that he is not a machine, but is human like everyone else. This aspect of Master Chief’s story makes it different from previous installments, but makes it amazing to play through.
    In conclusion, Halo 4 is a fantastic game, which will keep you guessing what might happen next. Halo 4’s amazing high-definition graphics and original designs, fast-paced multiplayer gameplay, and unique story makes Halo 4 qualified to be “one of the best of all time”. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who wants to see the full
  74. Oct 22, 2014
    Halo 4 is a fairly good game, at the same time a massive disappointment. The good aspects is that it brings in new fairly interesting enemies, great cinematic cut-scenes and some really beautiful graphics.

These are important improvements and this would have been a great game if they had not thrown out what made Halo what it is. The most important aspect of this is the horrible sound system. The game doesn't sound like Halo any more, but a cheap call of duty wanna be. For instance the weapons sound like ordinary modern battle rifles (even some of the alien guns), instead of the futuristic sound they had in the previous games. If they had copy and pasted the sound straight from Halo 3 this game would have been vastly better.

Secondly they have destroyed the unique multiplayer that defined Halo and changed it so that you customize your character (like CoD), which means that players don't have to search for better weapons. That later part was however part of what made Halo fun and made it stand apart from the rest of all generic shooters out there. Not only that but they have marked the location of all the weapons so there is no need to memorize the location of them any more. But that was also what made Halo unique: you don't start with a great arsenal, it is something that you find on the battlefield.

To summarize it, 343 succeeded with many of the difficult parts such as developing the main characters (Master Chief and Cortana) and creating a good campaign (although not as good as Halo 2 and 3). However they ended up destroying the franchise by throwing out what made Halo the unique and great experience it was and that is a shame.
  75. Rem
    Oct 22, 2014
    Halo 4 in many retrospects is a game marred with sighed expectations. The question frequently asked is "Do we really need another one?". While it may sound arbitrary in contrast to how Master Chief's story ends, Halo 4 is a fresh and vivid, if not underwhelming game. To begin, Microsoft sent alot of money towards to the newfound caretakers of the Halo name, 343 Industries, to ensure itHalo 4 in many retrospects is a game marred with sighed expectations. The question frequently asked is "Do we really need another one?". While it may sound arbitrary in contrast to how Master Chief's story ends, Halo 4 is a fresh and vivid, if not underwhelming game. To begin, Microsoft sent alot of money towards to the newfound caretakers of the Halo name, 343 Industries, to ensure it looked its best. And boy it sure did. Halo 4 is stunning even on the aging Xbox 360, it stands as one of the best looking console games out there.
    The story this time around focuses on the human nature of Master Chief rather than the silent protagonist we are used to. His relationship with Cortana is a nuanced, if not an iffy one since I this is the only game with Master Chief saying more than 8 lines of dialogue. The plot moves at a brisk pace, but it reaches a satisfying conclusion that is marred by one of the more anti climatic boss battles in Halo memory. But how does it play? Well, if you consider the usual gun, grenade, and melee mechanics brilliant, then you'll love this game even more. However the weapons pack a better punch, and enemy A.I. is improved. That said it doesn't derail from the fact it's been the same thing we've been doing since 2001 with the first Halo.
    It certainly isn't the best of the series, but when you pack in a newly remastered forge mode. A rather dull Spartan Ops, and a reinvigorated multiplayer, people are bound to come back for more. For others like me, I feel the Halo train should've stopped with Halo: Reach, but who's complaining?
  76. Oct 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I honestly can't say too much about the multiplayer. Not that I haven't played it, more that I don't find anything about it too different that makes it standout from the past two halo games. Multi-player doesn't feel exactly the same as say reach, but the differences are only subtle. Visually, the game is fantastic. Both in-game and cutscene wise, probably among if not the best the xbox 360 has to offer. The campaign was also very good. Some of the level designs themselves felt repetitive, but the narrative and overall story was great. My favorite Halo campaign since the original. The highlight of it had to be the relationship between Cortana and Master Chief. If there's one thing 343 Industries did right that Bungie did wrong in, was show Master Chief's persona. While still not showing much emotional depth yet as other video game characters to date, certainly made him act much more human than when Bungie was in charge (who used that BS idea of,
    "a silent protagonist allows the player to assume the role of-" blah blah, no it makes it boring and makes the story dull). Having the Chief talk during gameplay definitely made me feel more connected to the narrative than any of Bungie Halo games.
  77. Sep 15, 2014
    Not good enough to keep me playing, unlike the previous instalments Bungie made. Halo 3 was probably the best of the series for me, and hopefully 343i will be able to bring it back to the same level, if not higher, with Halo 5.

The campaign was fun to play with friends and on solo alike, a decent story, with some cool new enemies and characters, though no single part was really that memorable. The spartan ops missions are also quite interesting, although they do reuse areas from the campaign a lot, and the majority of missions just have you press a button, pick something up, shoot a load of enemies, and that's it. Although a mini-story has been created for this mode, cutscenes included.

Now the main thing people stay for with Halo is the Multiplayer, and i'm really disappointed and also quite annoyed what they did with the multiplayer. 343i have gone almost full CoD with this game, you can now unlock weapons and create loadouts for mutiplayer, which feels like every FPS ever does that now. Also borrowing from CoD's formula, they have added killstreak rewards in the form of a weapon drop, which takes away from how Halo's multiplayer works, or at least used to work.

343i have put prominence on the CoD control scheme as well, allowing everyone to sprint as well as moving crouch over to the B button. You look at the top favourite Halo games, which are 1,2 and 3, and what are they? Balanced. Nobody was sprinting around the map, nobody had or could not get something the other players could. Everything the players could have was already on the map, waiting to be picked up. There wasn't any ordnace drops, there wasn't any special abilities or perks, it was a simple system and it worked great.

The game is also missing firefight, a fun mode, and although it got boring after a while of grinding through it a few dozen times, why is it not in the game? another mode i thought was a great addition was the invasion game type from Reach, that's not in either. To be honest there's a heap of popular gametypes not in the game.

Now other than all that, aswell as the new armor system being rubbish, the game isn't terrible and new players will find it fun to play for longer than returning Halo players in my opinion, and hopefully 343i will be able to reignite my interest with the next game, and hopefully keep me interested in all the ones after.
  78. Sep 13, 2014
    As a long time fan of the Halo series, I can say that this game is fantastic. It is my favourite so far. The gameplay is the most refined in the series yet and has superior graphics to match. The story was interesting and introduced an intriguing new villain along with new enemies to fight, which mixes things up from the traditional halo games, whilst still keeping the well known and lovedAs a long time fan of the Halo series, I can say that this game is fantastic. It is my favourite so far. The gameplay is the most refined in the series yet and has superior graphics to match. The story was interesting and introduced an intriguing new villain along with new enemies to fight, which mixes things up from the traditional halo games, whilst still keeping the well known and loved covenant enemies.
    Definitely makes my top 10 games of all time list.
  79. Sep 12, 2014
    This game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, thisThis game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, this is a great game for new players and old veterans of the Halo series like myself. Expand
  80. Sep 10, 2014
    Halo 4 has lack of identity. I really missed master chief but in Halo 4 it doesn't feels like the older versions. Now he has close emotions with Cortana, all story surrounds Cortana's problems and not clearly the story of the Forerunners. Also, the story is too short and enemies are really easy when you play it on Legendary. The covenant's armor is terrible, and the elites are very easy toHalo 4 has lack of identity. I really missed master chief but in Halo 4 it doesn't feels like the older versions. Now he has close emotions with Cortana, all story surrounds Cortana's problems and not clearly the story of the Forerunners. Also, the story is too short and enemies are really easy when you play it on Legendary. The covenant's armor is terrible, and the elites are very easy to kill.

The good things are that graphics are the best ones on the xbox 360. The spartan ops are quite a challenge and the plot is good, the multiplayer i think it improved a lot, there are some good playlists.
  81. Sep 10, 2014
    I certainly enjoyed the game overall but not as much as i would of liked, great story as per usual and graphics were fantastic. just lacked that special feel of previous games such as Halo 2 and Combat evolved. 8/10
  82. Aug 18, 2014
    When mentioning the word Halo in the video game industry is synonymous with excellence. When you make a game and call it "Halo" you are expected to hold that level of excellence. If you are a long time halo fan, like myself, this game deviates too much from the core of what kept us up for ridiculously long late night sessions and hours of unforgettable fun. I understand pressing the edgeWhen mentioning the word Halo in the video game industry is synonymous with excellence. When you make a game and call it "Halo" you are expected to hold that level of excellence. If you are a long time halo fan, like myself, this game deviates too much from the core of what kept us up for ridiculously long late night sessions and hours of unforgettable fun. I understand pressing the edge to try and uncover the next best thing, but you have to maintain the core of what drove the success in the past.

Major Pros:
    Graphcs, the game is art, one of the best looking games ever on the console, hands down. Game makers will soon realize this only gets you so far.

New game types that added some value.

Major Cons:
    Weapon imbalance: No one should ever make a weapon that cannot be used in the game, some of the weapons are virtually useless. Random weapon spawns make for a more exciting experience perhaps, but no one likes to lose because of bad luck.

Custom Classes: Having separate classes can have its advantages, but the proper amount of detail was not given to this feature, you really only needed 1 or two classes that you could use virtually for all situations. If you have a class customization ability, it has to be worthwhile to customize with a lot of USEFUL options. BR or DMR, not much else.

Map designs: One of the best things about past halo titles was the maps. All titles had their memorable maps that fueled the white-knuckle gameplay. This game lacks creative maps designed to facilitate skillful play. It feels like being put into a box half the time to just duke it out. A multitude of skill jumps and shortcuts help with this, and some DLC maps had them but they were lacking throughout.

Sounds: Some of the sounds of the weapons you shoot were less than impressive, when you have only one or two main weapons that are functional, and are being used 70% of the time, make them sound beastly. The BR sounds like a spring trap fill with stones.

Campaign Plot and Dialogue: The dialogue in the very linear story line was kind of embarrassing. I was playing co-op with my friend and could finish the sentences before the characters in the story did. And never make a game ending move with the click of a button....actually making it require skill gives the gamer SO much more satisfaction. A monkey can click a button, and that is what you made me feel like when I beat the campaign.

Overall, this was a VERY average game, you can use it to kill some time and have some fun. However, critically speaking, it doesn't quite hit the mark of high expectations that many have come to expect with its half-hearted attempt at employing a custom class system on poorly designed multiplayer maps and an average campaign.
  83. Jul 28, 2014
    To all of you giving "heartfelt" tens, I honestly cannot say I agree with you. I feel like your sheer amount of overhype for this game made it "good" for you. As a devoted Halo fanboy, I feel justified in my reasons to not like the game. Yes, the graphics quality was decent. That's basically the only thing I can hand this game.

The soundtrack, story, characters, and multiplayer didn't

The soundtrack, story, characters, and multiplayer didn't feel like Halo. In my honest opinion, having Chief be that outspoken really didn't fit his original "silent/speaks when he has to" persona. The story was short and unsweet and really betrayed the previous games and the canon in general. For one, the Covenant aren't supposed to be back! They were defeated in Halo 3, if anybody even paid attention. Sure, there could be rogues running around, but they wouldn't be ELITES of all things in their ranks! It's like a freakin' time paradox. It simply shouldn't have happened. Also, the fact that the Forerunner, Didact, was still alive, goes against all of the lore and backstory that Bungie built up, and that just doesn't sit well with me.

The death of Cortana was a predictable cliche that we all knew was going to happen eventually, especially since half the Halo fanbase knew Cortana reached seven years of service in Halo 3.

There also were a few plotholes, but what videogame doesn't have at least a tiny one? All in all, it didn't even get close to the privilege of licking the boot heels of Bungie's masterpieces.
  84. Jul 16, 2014
    While it wears the Brand 'Halo' on it, it really just feels like an 'okay' game.
    The single player mode didn't meet my expectations. Other than a few parts in the single player, the campaign was really boring and forgettable with no noteworthy locations that caught my eye(unlike the previous halo games, this was a first). It's obvious that microsoft is pushing for this to be an 'online experience' by locking away the spartan ops campaign only to those who have an xbox live subscription just rubs me the wrong way since the game lists it even though I haven't signed on Xbox live in months. I really feel like I didn't get my moneys worth this this title and since half of the single player experience is locked away because of microsofts greed I don't plan on purchasing another halo title until this predicament is sorted out, which judging by microsoft's obvious greed it will never happen...
  85. Jul 14, 2014
    This is the best halo game out there right now. Halo 2 was the best back then, Halo 4 is the best of this generation. It features war games, improved graphics, new gametypes such as flood. The first half of the campaign kept me interested but right around the second half I got bored immediately. What I really care about in this game is the multiplayer. Multiplayer is key to Halo right now.This is the best halo game out there right now. Halo 2 was the best back then, Halo 4 is the best of this generation. It features war games, improved graphics, new gametypes such as flood. The first half of the campaign kept me interested but right around the second half I got bored immediately. What I really care about in this game is the multiplayer. Multiplayer is key to Halo right now. Forge is more improved now to the point where I don't think it could go any farther now. The things I hate are how overpowered the grenades are, the loading screens, bugs from campaign and mutliplayer and the loading time to switch from forging or fighting. Expand
  86. Jul 5, 2014
    As an enormous fan of the original Halo, it's difficult to express my disappointment with how this series has been humped into mediocrity. The game-play itself is alright, nothing astounding, and the graphics are really quite impressive. My issues come from the story. I could have come up with a more compelling story with better dialogue, and that's not talking myself up as much as it'sAs an enormous fan of the original Halo, it's difficult to express my disappointment with how this series has been humped into mediocrity. The game-play itself is alright, nothing astounding, and the graphics are really quite impressive. My issues come from the story. I could have come up with a more compelling story with better dialogue, and that's not talking myself up as much as it's putting 343 Studios down. The Didact is a miserable villain, and his goons are bland / annoying along with their weapons. Bah I say. Expand
  87. Jun 30, 2014
    Halo 4 is a game that Halo fans, like myself, have waited years to play. The campaign's story is compelling as it initiates a new era for the Master Chief. The multiplayer is great also, but some may not like a lot of the changes. All and all, this is a true Halo experience.
  88. Jun 24, 2014
    I've only recently become a fan of the Halo franchise (thanks to Red vs Blue), mostly due to the fact that I'm not a big fan of FPS games in general for one reason: I do not enjoy online multiplayer. Co-op is better than competitive, but I still dislike it. One of the major reasons I played WoW for a few years was because I knew people I could play with personally, and I could solo theI've only recently become a fan of the Halo franchise (thanks to Red vs Blue), mostly due to the fact that I'm not a big fan of FPS games in general for one reason: I do not enjoy online multiplayer. Co-op is better than competitive, but I still dislike it. One of the major reasons I played WoW for a few years was because I knew people I could play with personally, and I could solo the game front to back if they weren't around. The loss of Firefight-mode with nothing to replace it that I'm willing to play and don't have to pay more money for is a fatal one, and turns a game that would otherwise be something I'd keep for a long time into one I'll be trading in. Sure, the graphics are nicer, the story is great and it was a total blast to play, I just can't really play it more, as much as I'd like to. I'm just an old fart that likes to play alone, and you just can't do that with this game without playing the campaign over and over. Expand
  89. Jun 16, 2014
    A great game, which is a sign that 343 will bring us more great games in the future. When i first played the game, and saw the new loadout system, I initially assumed that this game was copying CoD (in a "bad for Halo" context), however I soon found out i was wrong. While it may be drawing some inspiration from CoD games, I can assure you that Halo 4's loadout system couldn't be moreA great game, which is a sign that 343 will bring us more great games in the future. When i first played the game, and saw the new loadout system, I initially assumed that this game was copying CoD (in a "bad for Halo" context), however I soon found out i was wrong. While it may be drawing some inspiration from CoD games, I can assure you that Halo 4's loadout system couldn't be more different from CoD's. One common complaint i've seen about Halo 4 is that the Story wasn't all that great, I, However, respectfully disagree. Sure, it may seem to be shallow, but you to remember that Halo 4 is part of a TRILOGY and thus it's story would ONLY account for 1/3 of the forerunner trilogy's story, and thus would not be very deep. The story will truly shine when combined with the other 2/3's of the forerunner trilogy's story.

As for the game-play, Halo has never been better. Halo 4 has a nice campaign and a great multiplayer that completely outclasses reach's. Not only that but i CANNOT be the only one who is GLAD 343 did NOT use that stupid credits system, which is one of the reasons Halo 4 has the best character customization in the series. Armor is no longer unlocked by purchase, but by EXP level ALONE. Not only that but the Level system is easy to get acquainted with and easy to understand. There a total of 8 Specializations, each spans only ten levels. The large variety of armor gives player almost endless possibilities.
  90. May 30, 2014
    I am so angry about what 343 did to Halo, i was never a big Halo fan but i did find Halo 3 fun and Reach, but this just says "F**k you guys, were going to ruin your precious franchise", the game has the worst campaign i have ever played, a terrible online with only 1 minute of fun.

Overall = 1.8/10, The game which should be known as E.T of 2012 Winner of Multiple Awards for me: Worst

Overall = 1.8/10, The game which should be known as E.T of 2012
    Winner of Multiple Awards for me:
    Worst Game of 2012
    Worst Xbox 360 Shooter of 2012
    Most Disappointing Game of 2012
    Worst Campaign of 2012
  91. May 29, 2014
    I feel Halo 4 is like a breath of fresh air to the Halo series. I've been around since the beginning of the Halo franchise. So I know what I'm talking about. The story mode wasn't the best for a Halo game, however the multiplayer feels so much better compared to previous Halo games, there's barely any campers, the specializations are really awesome. The only downside is the ordinanceI feel Halo 4 is like a breath of fresh air to the Halo series. I've been around since the beginning of the Halo franchise. So I know what I'm talking about. The story mode wasn't the best for a Halo game, however the multiplayer feels so much better compared to previous Halo games, there's barely any campers, the specializations are really awesome. The only downside is the ordinance drops, but I admit I kinda like it cause I'm the killer, not the victim. So I get ordinance quite a bit. I didn't like the fact how whoever has the rocket launcher wins the game in previous halo titles In halo 4 YOU ARE THE WEAPON. I just wish they had elites, invasion mode, firefight, and better armor customization. I don't want a paint job, I WANT A ROBOT ARM!!! Expand
  92. May 27, 2014
    This game has the only thing that really matters which is that is a fun game to play, if having fun isn't enoughfor you ton like something then cconsider the following.
    Graphics: 10/10
    Good cut scenes, a beautiful environment. Story: 7.5 The story was good but still felt like something 343 put out solely to make more money Gameplay: 10 I already said I think its fun Plus like most
    Graphics: 10/10
    Good cut scenes, a beautiful environment.
    Story: 7.5
    Gameplay: 10
    I already said I think its fun

Plus like most previous games the soundtrack was awesome to listen to, enough so that I bought it on CD
  93. May 22, 2014
    It's the fourth time i rewrite this review. I'm tired of trying to find something to explain why i think this game is one of my favourite, so that's all i going to say: buy it. Really, you won't be disappointed. So many of my friends started to love halo series because of this game. Are you searching for a fps with excellent graphics, good story and excellent gameplay? Well, you just found it.
  94. May 15, 2014
    9 or 10, out of 10. Nothing less. A must have in your game collection. One of the best franchise ever. A game made to be a remembered for sur. rased the bar for games to come.
  95. May 12, 2014
    I grew up playing halo, which is why I'm such a big fan of the series. And let me just say, Halo 4 lived up to the hype. I was sad when Bungie left Microsoft, and didn't know what to expect on Halo 4. Then I saw the trailer, and was instantly hooked on it before I had even played it! The game has an outstanding storyline, and that goes for the voice acting as well! The gameplay is amazing,I grew up playing halo, which is why I'm such a big fan of the series. And let me just say, Halo 4 lived up to the hype. I was sad when Bungie left Microsoft, and didn't know what to expect on Halo 4. Then I saw the trailer, and was instantly hooked on it before I had even played it! The game has an outstanding storyline, and that goes for the voice acting as well! The gameplay is amazing, and there are SO many new weapons that weren't there in the previous games! The graphics have improved a LOT since the last game, and in my opinion are current gen worthy( Xbox One). I don't really have any issues with the game to be honest. I haven't noticed any flaws and I've had the game since it came out! If you're a Halo fan, and you DON'T own this game, you can't call yourself a Halo fan! Expand
  96. May 9, 2014
    A really good game but lacked one thing the story chief and finished the fight and why was the covenant attacking us again i knew they were a cult but what started it? that is what we should need 2 know also mulitplayer is really awesome and spartan ops its just like the halo reach campaign (what i mean is you can use your spartan in a campaign) that is what i liked the most so anyway itA really good game but lacked one thing the story chief and finished the fight and why was the covenant attacking us again i knew they were a cult but what started it? that is what we should need 2 know also mulitplayer is really awesome and spartan ops its just like the halo reach campaign (what i mean is you can use your spartan in a campaign) that is what i liked the most so anyway it is a really fun no not fun AMAZING GAME YOU COULD SPEND 60$ ON! and I've read all the reviews its trying to be like COD but don't let that fool you cause its not. so what are you waiting for if your a big fan of halo and you got 60$ go get it! Expand
  97. May 9, 2014
    A breath of fresh air. Like REACH was to its predecessors. Simply the best looking and playing game i have experienced since probably Final Fantasy 7 on PS1. Better looking than Crysis 3. It will put a grin on your face. Elating/ emotional
  98. May 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4 was a beautiful game. But I was really hanged to dry seeing that the boss battle is a quick time event montage but multiplayer is fun so then thumbs up 343 you do have big shoes to fill in so i didn't really think it would do that good also damn firefight mode! Expand
  99. May 8, 2014
    I don't know why this game got an overall average of 87. This game is what Halo: Reach SHOULD HAVE BEEN. But nooooo... Instead, we got another serving of what Bungie thought was good which really gave us another short-changed game. Speaking of, I wonder how Destiny is going to be. If it's made by Bungie I have a feeling it's only going to be focused on online multiplayer with no effort onI don't know why this game got an overall average of 87. This game is what Halo: Reach SHOULD HAVE BEEN. But nooooo... Instead, we got another serving of what Bungie thought was good which really gave us another short-changed game. Speaking of, I wonder how Destiny is going to be. If it's made by Bungie I have a feeling it's only going to be focused on online multiplayer with no effort on story or character. Anyway...

This is the Halo game I've been wanting to see: a Halo with story. Ever since I read the first Halo book, "Fall of Reach," I was deeply impressed with the vast, detailed history and universe that is Halo and it really upset me how Bungie didn't care to elaborate or tie in any of it during Halo 3 or Reach. I loved the refocus on the Master Chief, the original main character of the series. He actually has a vast dialogue this time (unlike 3)! I was taken away immediately with the fist opening cutscene; very impressive and on par with or better than the cutscenes from Halo Wars. I know, I'm one of those rare gamers who believes in story, plot, and character development.

For the campaign, I was very pleased. Great variety of level design and elements, much better than Reach's levels. I thought taking control of the Pelican and fighter jet were very welcomed and were a nice change from the typical FPS role. I know I've been going on and on about the story, but 4's story just didn't sit well with me. It was alright, I liked how it was executed, but I didn't get WHAT the story was about. I didn't care for the Didact, he really seemed like a hollow villain since he and the Master Chief had little interaction. I thought it was silly how there were times where the Didact would be rattling off all this mystical jargon and the Master Chief wouldn't even say anything. To me, he might as well have been thinking, "Uh huh..." cause I had no idea what the Didact was talking about. Plus, everything about the Prometheans and the Librarian seemed confusing for me to follow. Shoot, maybe I need to play through the campaign again...

Online multiplayer is still great; all that frenzied team play or free for all that is Halo. The different armor pieces are still there, even though they don't do anything just like Reach. I loved the "perks" or loadouts that you can customize; way more options versus Reach which allows you to tailor your own loadouts for any given situation or game mode. The search engine seems more refined as well, and it's nice there's a vote for three options.

Spartan Ops is fun, loved the cutscenes that came with it and the story. Although, I wonder what's to come in the future. To be continued in Halo 5? I would have liked to see Firefight though, but a Firefight more true to Halo 3: ODST (hated Reach's version).

Overall, I give this game a 9 and not a 10 because: it's still Halo. We know what it is and how it works. But a 9 because of how brilliant the story execution was, the graphics, the gameplay, the options... Need I go on? Again, this is what Reach should have been. This is a great display of what the Halo universe has to offer. Great job 343! Here's to hoping Halo 5 will be just as great if not better. And to hoping it will be available for 360 too, heheh.
  100. May 5, 2014
    I love this game! This is by far the best Halo in the series!!! Multiplayer is well balanced and plays incredibly. I love the Halo story and this was a great part of it. The graphics were AMAZING for the 360!!!! and Spartan Ops is pretty cool too!
  101. Feb 24, 2013
    Halo 4 soap hallway Kinto. In terms of multiplayer game plays very KIllzone 3, and then there is the second best part. Graphically, the game finally reached for Resistance: Fall of Man (even brought 720p) and thus the potential of Xbox 360 over. Gameplay Haltsa-Myltsa sucks the most innovative generation shooter Killzone 2.
    So the drain on all fronts.
    Billiboi comrades, I advise you to
    So the drain on all fronts.
    Billiboi comrades, I advise you to buy a PS3 and play it in best games.

1. Hyper Magazine