7.0

1. Aug 3, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution feels like a three step forward in the Hitman series but at the same time a step back.

Hitman: Absolution is the 5th in the Hitman series of games where you can still kill your targets in many ways. It is still a stealth game like the old Hitman games but has a Splinter Cell Conviction feel to it with a new controls layout and two new mechanics called instinct and point shooting.

Point shooting which allows you to slow down time and tag multiple enemies kills them. This game is more story based then old Hitman with great voice acting and a dark sense of humour. The game has a Quentin Tarantino feel to it.

A new online mode in Hitman called contracts where the player can playthrough the small level and complete a contract, by tagging their targets and the way in which the targets is killed, and the disguise the players must use when killing a target.

You get more money the fast you kill your target, money which can be used to buy upgrades and more. When a contract is created by a player, they can put it online and have other players attempt to complete it and rank on online leaderboards based on how good they are. It really fun and challenging but I wish you could make your own levels.

The game does have some problems. The first problem is new take on the disguise system. In the old Hitman games if you had a disguise by killing someone or finding one, you could walk right pass an enemy. Now you have to use instinct where you can see through walls and see where enemy would walk too. You can turn off instinct but you can’t change the disguise system back to the old one

The second problem is the new horrible checkpoint system which respawns enemies and are few and far between each other. This is my biggest problem I have with the game and I wish I.O interactive would fix with a patch as the old Hitman games allowed you to save when and where you wanted to.

Because it’s a story based game it is a bit more linear where you don’t even need to kill anyone just walk to the end. There are some big open levels but not a lot.

The graphics are amazing, you can have 100 npcs on screen at once and it looks great.

Hitman: Absolution is a great but some of the decisions IO interactive made to the game not as open and the opposites that long-time fan like myself and others wanted. That being said the game is still super fun and worth it. It give is an 8.5 out of 10.
  2. Feb 14, 2013
    The fifth Hitman, is it the best or the worst. Well Absolution offers new stealth and the graphics are amazing but it doesn't match up to Blood Money. Hitman Absolution however is one of the best 2012 games. Great Graphics, Great Campaign, Great Characters, but there is a problem that really bothered me, the glitches and it was so annoying, I regreted that the developers didn't put in alotThe fifth Hitman, is it the best or the worst. Well Absolution offers new stealth and the graphics are amazing but it doesn't match up to Blood Money. Hitman Absolution however is one of the best 2012 games. Great Graphics, Great Campaign, Great Characters, but there is a problem that really bothered me, the glitches and it was so annoying, I regreted that the developers didn't put in alot of work into the glitches and the game felt a bit rushed. But overall Hitman Absolution gets 7/10. Expand
  3. Jan 16, 2013
    Like the other games, the story is well written, rather than being a reboot for the series, like other games tend to do, it fits in with the previous titles, therefore offering plenty of subtle material for those who have stuck with the game since the first in 2001. Agent 47 has been sent to kill former handler Diana Burn wood, who has taken the agency to its knees. At the point of theLike the other games, the story is well written, rather than being a reboot for the series, like other games tend to do, it fits in with the previous titles, therefore offering plenty of subtle material for those who have stuck with the game since the first in 2001. Agent 47 has been sent to kill former handler Diana Burn wood, who has taken the agency to its knees. At the point of the assassination attempt, which unfortunately is pure cut-scene, Agent 47 is told of a young girl, who he must save. This one moment turns 47′s world upside down, as he then becomes hunted by those who once he trusted. There are plenty of twists as players progress and the acting along with the writing offer a fairly mature story that doesn Expand
  4. Dec 23, 2012
    The detection system sucks, you re enemies have ultimate mutant megavision. I strangled a guy in the toilet, no one around, but everyone in the vicinity instantly knew exactly where I was the second he died. It's as if you don't complete things the way the game intends it brands you with a YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG and makes it impossibly hard to finish.

The previous Hitman games kinda

The previous Hitman games kinda gave you a sense of "You are the hitman, take him out as you please"
  5. Feb 15, 2013
    I would say this game kept me interested for a few weeks, but it was also sitting beside far cry 3 and xcom.. I would say you should try it. Its a decent game ,but didn't keep my attention for long..good for a few weeks or a month of entertainment
  6. Jan 3, 2013
    Very Enjoyable game, ignore the reviews about the stealth and old Hitman game play not being present. Playing on the harder difficulties makes the experience more like blood money and the original games. Overall it was an enjoyable and very satisfying experience
  7. Nov 26, 2014
    Easily the worst entry in the Hitman franchise, the game suffers a horrendous identity crisis and a lot of it's unique genetics are almost entirely absent. When some of the levels favour the old-school style Hitman, the game is at it's best, but sadly, the game favours more generic action sequences that feel straight out of low budget direct-to-DVD action flicks; there is no substance orEasily the worst entry in the Hitman franchise, the game suffers a horrendous identity crisis and a lot of it's unique genetics are almost entirely absent. When some of the levels favour the old-school style Hitman, the game is at it's best, but sadly, the game favours more generic action sequences that feel straight out of low budget direct-to-DVD action flicks; there is no substance or grace to them. The new characters are irritating and forgettable while the voice acting is of a decent calibre. The game is pretty, the locations/missions are varied and the soundtrack is solid (though also the weakest of the lot). Contracts mode should have been a neat addition but the whole concept and execution comes off as cheap filler. Maybe some customised control of target's movements and enemy placements would have made for a far richer and tactical experience?

Graphics: 9.0
    Gameplay: 6.0
    Features: 5.5

Agent 47 somehow knifes himself in the back multiple times in this truly disappointing outing. Nothing really clicks, nothing really engages you (why would you care about a girl that we don't really know anything about?), nothing actually makes you like the game full stop.
  8. Dec 21, 2012
    The game was okay.. I prefer to Blood money more than this though. I don't like how disguises do S*** in the environment. The game was a bit too story based compared to the prequels. No Loadout = No custom weapons = No fun.

When you're making a contract and steam goes down for maintenance, you're kicked from the contract which is S*** as well..
  9. Dec 26, 2012
    This is a good game, but when compared to precursor hitman games, you tend to dislike this. Story did little for me (other than Victoria kicking ass). Stealth, blending in, versatility kills, and timing of everything was good, but missing that factor to make it great.
  10. Feb 10, 2013
    I think this is a good game, but not a great Hitman game. It is a solid change of pace from the average first and third person action game, and features well designed levels and solid characters. But the plot is also kind of a problem. While decent, Hitman games are not supposed to be linear like this. What happened to being able to select your loadout before a mission? I understand youI think this is a good game, but not a great Hitman game. It is a solid change of pace from the average first and third person action game, and features well designed levels and solid characters. But the plot is also kind of a problem. While decent, Hitman games are not supposed to be linear like this. What happened to being able to select your loadout before a mission? I understand you cannot because it would disrupt the flow of the plot, but it was still really cool. It is however a bit redeemed by contracts mode, which lets you play user made levels and either follow the preset and recommended loadout, or pick your own. You earn money after each contract, the amount earned is dependent on your performance. The core gameplay is still intact, and even though there are a lot of different ways to kill people, it just doesn't quite capture that infinite amount of possibilities in previous games. A nice plus to the game is definitely the graphics, which are quite frankly stunning, even if the cutscenes may have trouble at times. Overall, Hitman: Absolution will probably let down hardcore fans, but impress n00bs and first timers to the series. On a side note, if you find the game too hard, swallow your pride and play on easy mode, it will make it much more fun. I would purchase Absolution now that it is 25 bucks on xbox, but if you remain skeptical, find a way to rent it or borrow from a friend. Expand
  11. Jan 3, 2013
    i was a little surprised as it didn't really live up to all the hype, perhaps it had too much hype? personally i preferred playing through blood money. lastly i believe that there was too much humor or i find a lot of stuff funny? i you want to buy it please wait till it cheapens. also many people believe that they have removed the killing machine from the hitman series and maybe theyi was a little surprised as it didn't really live up to all the hype, perhaps it had too much hype? personally i preferred playing through blood money. lastly i believe that there was too much humor or i find a lot of stuff funny? i you want to buy it please wait till it cheapens. also many people believe that they have removed the killing machine from the hitman series and maybe they have... but when will they release another and how will it go from here as hitman is no longer with 'the agency'. Expand
  12. Oct 11, 2013
    Positives
    -Polished beautiful graphics
    -Good controls.
    -When stealth fails you can kill everybody.
    -Good characters, voices, and acting.
    -Leaves the door open for another Hitman game!
  13. Jan 17, 2013
    It's not Blood Money 2 like I wanted it to be, and it is the worst Hitman game in the series. With that being said, it's still a better game than most of crap being released these days. I'm hoping IO makes Blood Money 2, with the next entry. Side note, I really miss the newspaper article thing from Blood Money. That was my favorite.
  14. Sep 9, 2013
    [7.3] If this were an open world game, it would be incredible, but instead they settle for a Splinter Cell clone in which you can rarely use guns. The game is presented as one that offers several play styles, but it ultimately very linear, and instead making your own choices you have to figure out what choices to make. It is very satisfying to to knock someone unconscious and hide their[7.3] If this were an open world game, it would be incredible, but instead they settle for a Splinter Cell clone in which you can rarely use guns. The game is presented as one that offers several play styles, but it ultimately very linear, and instead making your own choices you have to figure out what choices to make. It is very satisfying to to knock someone unconscious and hide their body in a dumpster, but by the tenth level of doing that you get the point. The developers, like many other, limit themselves too much which is hopefully something that will end by the next generation of consoles. Expand
  15. Feb 14, 2013
    When i heard that a new Hitman game was coming out, i was certainly looking forward to seeing the result after playing blood money. Another chance at playing as the infamous agent 47, silent assassin and contract killer was not to be bypassed. The game was not a disappointing to say the least. To start with, single player. For me, the game lived up to its surprising standards establishedWhen i heard that a new Hitman game was coming out, i was certainly looking forward to seeing the result after playing blood money. Another chance at playing as the infamous agent 47, silent assassin and contract killer was not to be bypassed. The game was not a disappointing to say the least. To start with, single player. For me, the game lived up to its surprising standards established by the trailers, giving me yet another re playable experience of garroting unsuspecting guards and 'accidentally' executing more than my fair share of targets. The single player is definitely worth playing first to get to grips with what i think is an improved control system, offering more ways to incapacitate or kill people with a wider range of household weaponry than before. As for contracts mode, it was an exiting experience to create my own unique challenges, if with a limited number of environments. If your looking for a fun game to thoughtfully murder people in imaginative ways, then Hitman: Absolution is well worth the money. It definitely deserves 9.0 out of 10. Expand
  16. Feb 8, 2013
    I've been a fan of this series since the beginning and I was eager to see the series get updated for modern times. Absolution improves the gameplay in almost every way. The controls are greatly improved. You are faster, more responsive, and aiming isn't a chore. The cover/stealth mechanic works well. Hiding bodies and using disguises no longer feel like a total crap shoot. The newI've been a fan of this series since the beginning and I was eager to see the series get updated for modern times. Absolution improves the gameplay in almost every way. The controls are greatly improved. You are faster, more responsive, and aiming isn't a chore. The cover/stealth mechanic works well. Hiding bodies and using disguises no longer feel like a total crap shoot. The new Instinct feature is excellent. Using Instinct to blend in and make your disguise work is a great idea. The game is challenging and lets you approach most of the assassination levels however you like. But then, the story is pure, B-movie trash. I don't want to give anything away, but for one of the greatest assassins in history, Agent 47 ends up looking like a fool quite a few times. This story feels like it was intended for a cheesy shooter and should star a totally different protagonist than 47. It's forgettable, insipid, unintentionally funny, full of stupid characters, and it leads to a handful of dumb, non-assassination, story-filler levels that just aren't fun. Worse yet, because of the story elements, you never get to choose your load-out before each mission. If you want a sniper rifle, you better hope you can find one in the level or you're just going to have to do something else. They save it partly by letting the community make their own missions, but it still feels like they missed a big opportunity.
    All in all, I feel the good greatly outweighs the bad. Absolution is fun and challenging. Most of the levels still feel like crazily complex puzzles with numerous solutions and even more numerous ways to fail. But seriously, you will be skipping cutscenes a lot.
  17. Jul 14, 2013
    Amazing game and amazing graphics! Just phenomenal, and the kills are vicious and satisfying. If only more games were as thorough and well thought out like this. Not a boring overrated game like infinite!
  18. Oct 2, 2013
    excellent game ...mature challenging. stealthy.. is fun i never played other hitman but this one is a good game overall highly recommend it for 1 player
  19. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    I like this game.This game is good because of It's story line game play graphics and more.This game is awesome so for all of you people trying to buy an awesome game, I recommend you people to buy this game now and try playing It.
  20. Apr 20, 2014
    I have to say that I have played the older Hitman games and they are awesome! Unfortunately I was not very good at them because they are truly challenging stealth games. I got Absolution and loved that you could kinda tone down the difficulty initially and work your way up the ladder. I played through and have gotten used to the game layout. Hitman truly is an art...dropping a chandelierI have to say that I have played the older Hitman games and they are awesome! Unfortunately I was not very good at them because they are truly challenging stealth games. I got Absolution and loved that you could kinda tone down the difficulty initially and work your way up the ladder. I played through and have gotten used to the game layout. Hitman truly is an art...dropping a chandelier on an unsuspecting foe at just the right time, garroting someone and then donning their clothes to walk among them, all make this game great. I have replayed it countless times and am currently working through all the challenges which I love. I think the challenges give this game so much depth and replay value.

The story I found good as well and I enjoyed the environments presented in the game. I admit it is tough to sneak around and the instinct isn't always as helpful as it could be. For example: When walking by a shotgun 47 has a thought "that would draw a lot of attention"...I'm like yeah kidding.

I found that the game does kind of push you to eliminate guards and there is always usually a convenient dumpster nearby haha.

Also, the sniper challenge DLC is a fun little game, where you basically snipe things and make events occur which are fun to watch.

Overall, I have to say I love this game. It is gorgeous graphically, the music sets a great tone, and offers great replay value with multiple methods to kill targets. I've been playing this game for months literally on and off and am still finding new paths within levels. Definitely worth a purchase for any gamer in my opinion.
  21. Dec 7, 2014
    Endless possibilities. You have free flowing freedom within beautifully designed environments throughout the whole game. This freedom enables you to create your own fun, I mean who doesn't love assassinating somebody in 11 different ways? The story of Agent 47 is also quite fun to progress through. A few irritating AI flaws as well as weak multiplayer hold it back a bit, but AbsolutionEndless possibilities. You have free flowing freedom within beautifully designed environments throughout the whole game. This freedom enables you to create your own fun, I mean who doesn't love assassinating somebody in 11 different ways? The story of Agent 47 is also quite fun to progress through. A few irritating AI flaws as well as weak multiplayer hold it back a bit, but Absolution should be remembered as one of this generations most fun, free and awesome single player experiences. Expand
  22. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is only half-baked. As a fan of part 2, 3, and Blood Money is a clear loss of quality. The levels are a joke un the control is improved.
    It's just no fun.
    One has the feeling that one does not find OpenWorld but only linear single Minilevel which consist of several sections.
    Why do you have only shown such great trailer and then something comes out?
  23. Jan 8, 2014
    Hitman Blood Money is one of the slickest, smartest, and enjoyable games of all time.
    This game is unfortunately not a lot like blood money BUT is still a very fun game!
    If you go into this expecting and wanting blood money you will hate it. If you can get past all of that this is still a great game! I am on my second play through and am having a blast!!
  24. May 11, 2014
    Generic piece a garbage. Everything good about a videogame is not found in Hitman Absolution. Just skip it and go buy mass effect 3. Mas effect 3 is the best game of the year 10/10. This game how ever is 0/10
    but I'll give it 1 point because its so ****
  25. Jul 4, 2013
    Completato Hitman: Absolution come Professionista! 18 ore circa per un totale di 730G (40 obiettivi sbloccati su 46). Da amante del genere stealth/action in terza persona lo consiglio caldamente a chi ha apprezzato in particolare Splinter Cell Conviction al quale si avvicina molto sotto diversi punti di vista. Un titolo AAA per IO Interactive e sicuramente un gioco di qualità per questoCompletato Hitman: Absolution come Professionista! 18 ore circa per un totale di 730G (40 obiettivi sbloccati su 46). Da amante del genere stealth/action in terza persona lo consiglio caldamente a chi ha apprezzato in particolare Splinter Cell Conviction al quale si avvicina molto sotto diversi punti di vista. Un titolo AAA per IO Interactive e sicuramente un gioco di qualità per questo 2013 pieno di uscite interessanti. Gameplay ormai collaudato da tempo e solidificato ulteriormente con qualche piccola aggiunta e una trama ben fatta anche se non particolarmente entusiasmante. Gli scenari offrono al giocatore molta libertà e diversi approcci per portare a termine l'obiettivo. Il multiplayer introduce una modalità coinvolgente ed appagante che terrà i giocatori incollati allo schermo per diverso tempo. Voto personale: 9+ Expand
  26. Jul 9, 2013
    This game is not and will not ever be Blood Money. Hitman: Blood Money is on a different level, and those who have given this game a bad review in comparison to Blood Money need to understand that. If you have not played the Hitman Series, I recommend you just go out and pick up a copy of either this game, or the Hitman HD Trilogy, and see if you are a fan. Personally, I started withThis game is not and will not ever be Blood Money. Hitman: Blood Money is on a different level, and those who have given this game a bad review in comparison to Blood Money need to understand that. If you have not played the Hitman Series, I recommend you just go out and pick up a copy of either this game, or the Hitman HD Trilogy, and see if you are a fan. Personally, I started with Absolution, and it made Blood Money so much better once I played the lesser game first. I have a lot of pros for this game, the first being that it included a tutorial stage. Since every game anymore has highly varying controls, it is nice to not try and pick up a game for the first time and be stuck looking at a picture of your controller in the options menu just to figure out how to play. You always want to hop right in. This tutorial stage does just that. It sets up a level that is just like any other level, and teaches you the tactics of the game as you advance through it, then it lets you take over for the end. This game also has a very diverse gameplay. Although the tutorial makes it clear that the game is meant to be played with a stealthy 'kill only the target' approach, they also made the game able to be played in a 'Wreak havoc and kill everyone with a submachine gun, executing all the guards, in a Chipmunk outfit' way. A Chipmunk Outfit? Yes, a chipmunk outfit. This game has a variety of disguises you can use to walk around in to avoid being caught as the Hitman. Just a few are: A tuxedo, a doctor's getup, a chicken suit, a drug dealer, a chipmunk, and far, far more. It made this game very fun to play whenever you just want to screw around. You could pick up a bottle, dress as a chicken, and see how many guys you can kill with that bottle. Outside of that, this game has a fairly good plot, and moves at a nice pace, with 20 campaign levels that all have 3 missions inside of them. These missions all have separate components, giving you a lot of things to accomplish in a lot of different ways. Now, as far as the cons for this game go, the DLC for this game is not actually DLC. All they give you is the ability to pay real money to get guns and outfits inside of the game. It was disappointing when I wanted to continue the game by purchasing another mission or something, and being met with only a bunch of guns. Another downside is the responsiveness of the game. There are times where you want to do certain things, and the game mis-registers what you attempted, and that can be very frustrating. I call it a Classic Ezio, because in the original version of Assassin's Creed II, Ezio was very unresponsive and loved to jump off buildings when you were trying to climb them. Anyways, I digress. If you are looking for a game that matches any playstyle, and can captivate you for hours on end, try out Hitman: Absolution. Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    First of all, I must say I'm a big fan of hitman series. I played hitman since Codename: 47, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that this is an AMAZING adaptation of the hitman series to this generation. This is the best stealth game you will play. The gameplay has been improved to adapt it to the new generation consoles, and the controls work fine. The graphics lookFirst of all, I must say I'm a big fan of hitman series. I played hitman since Codename: 47, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that this is an AMAZING adaptation of the hitman series to this generation. This is the best stealth game you will play. The gameplay has been improved to adapt it to the new generation consoles, and the controls work fine. The graphics look pretty good and music is good as well.
    If you have enjoyed hitman games you should give this one a try.
  28. Aug 6, 2013
    After playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you toAfter playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you to explore and do as you wish. With Hitman Absolution the story forces you down narrow paths and small linear levels full of cutsences, hell even some of the hits turn into cutscenes which takes away the point and a huge part of the fun. I don't want a cutscene to take over and kill a target for me i want to do it myself. Not being able to select your own weapons before each level also takes a lot of the fun away. After play Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money i was super excited for Hitman Absolution, but sadly it just didn't feel anything like a Hitman game. Expand
  29. Aug 10, 2013
    As a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone withAs a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone with some bugs and stupid broken A.I. But as a Hitman game it is very bad, the worst in the series in fact. They have taken everything that made Hitman so fun and special, threw it in the bin, then replaced it with a linear story driven action game. Playing through it was like watching a terrible B Movie, it was so bad i just had to keep watching/playing through. Expand
  30. Aug 11, 2013
    I loved Hitman 2 and couldn't wait to play Absolution. I have tried multiple times to get into this game and I have given up. The game is long and well-made and very visually appealing, it's just not that much fun to play and certainly not addicting, like any good game should be. The biggest flaw is that they've just made it too difficult to for you to sneak your way through and you endI loved Hitman 2 and couldn't wait to play Absolution. I have tried multiple times to get into this game and I have given up. The game is long and well-made and very visually appealing, it's just not that much fun to play and certainly not addicting, like any good game should be. The biggest flaw is that they've just made it too difficult to for you to sneak your way through and you end up resorting to just blowing people away. There are blatant inconsistencies when it comes to getting past guards, etc. One time you'll be wearing a certain disguise and walk right by him and the next time, wearing the same disguise, you get busted. Really a shame though it wasn't for a lack of effort. Expand
  31. Mar 12, 2013
    Silent, gritty, dark and funny. IO Interactive have hit the nail on the head, with this great stealth/shooter, although the formula has changed in some way which may alienate some fans, but those who have been there from the beginning like us and many alike, will know this was the best direction for the series to go. With the same stealth mechanics from blood money with a few missing thisSilent, gritty, dark and funny. IO Interactive have hit the nail on the head, with this great stealth/shooter, although the formula has changed in some way which may alienate some fans, but those who have been there from the beginning like us and many alike, will know this was the best direction for the series to go. With the same stealth mechanics from blood money with a few missing this is still 'One of the best!' stealth games we will see in this lifetime with great attention to detail. Agent 47 is back with a vengeance Collapse

1. Mar 6, 2013
    Ultimately, Hitman: Absolution marks a faithful, gorgeous and only occasionally maddening return for a series that’s been gone far too long. It may have trouble finding fans among twitchy gamers with short attention spans, but guns and brains should never be mutually exclusive. And those kids can get off my damn lawn.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Absolution is a fantastic addition to a series that defined a genre last generation, and I can't wait to see what they come up with for our favorite bald assassin moving forward.
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    A meticulous, engaging game and accomplished sequel that improves upon its predecessors in an organic way series fans will appreciate. [Jan 2013, p.55]