7.9

1. Aug 13, 2014
    I rarely play fighting games, but this game keeps me in touch with the genre. It reminds of why I love DBZ fighters, and why I love Killer Instinct. Top this off with adding beloved DC characters, and you have a fighter that tells an action-packed plot, and multiplayer make this a worthwhile game.
  2. Jul 27, 2014
    watchout mortal kombat, a new developer is about to show you a better game.this is another mediocre marvel game with a weird a** third person camera angle, or is it first person view of the audience. all you have to do is button mash and roll a die to win. ive won before by clicking the start button over and over again. and you cant even use spiderman or tris prior (she would kick ass). spiderman made a cameo in the background of stryker island, but other than that, all you have to do is be hawkeye and shoot arrows to win (and they made hawkeye green...total ripoff of terrel dickson and katniss everdeen. seriously marvel?). its still my fav game though besides shrek go kart and mnm go kart. Expand
  3. May 29, 2014
    As one of the(if not the most) fighting fans out there i just loved this game,it has got every thing that i want:Beautiful graphics? Check, Great characters? Check, And finally: easy to learn hard to master controls? Check. There is an immerse soundtrack that really makes you wanna fight. And i personally think that every character is equal in this game. The story is very original, i don't want to spoil it down here for you but you will be shocked by the way NetherRealm Studios treated superman. Expand
  4. Apr 21, 2014
    this game was awesome, but not quite as good as I wanted it to be. It reminded me of mortal kombat, but slightly more polished, and instead of fatalities you had these super moves that were pretty badass, but of course I prefer fatalities. and the story started off pretty good, but ended anticlimactically. fun game, preferred mortal kombat though.
  5. Mar 14, 2014
    ive been collecting comics for about a year now. this game is amazing in every way, although there are some flaws like all games have. but these are minor. i personally find it annoying to always pause the game to figure out how to do a move that souns cool but its quite useless. that is the only reason im not giving this game a 10.
  6. Jan 9, 2014
    What can i say first that wont make me sound like a geek, this game has a bunch of the best DC characters in the universe. Injustice gods among us is the next fighting game from Netherrelm Studios the developers of the excellent Mortal Kombat reboot of 2011. What i enjoy most about this developer is that Netherrelm bothers to include an actual story, and the story here in this game is a blast, its action packed, well voice acted with a good soundtrack and special congratulations to Kevin Conroy the voice of batman, he was my favorite. Here is a short summary of the story, first off yes it is a multiverse story taking place in two dimensions, but it starts off with Joker has detonated a nuclear device in the heart of Metropolis by having superman kill lois Lane with the detonator linked to her heart beat and when lois died the bomb went off. Now you ask how did Joker get superman to kill the woman he loved, well scarecrow uses his fear toxins to drug superman into thinking he was fighting doomsday, then when pushed to the edge during questioning Superman just murders the joker despite batman's protest. This paves the way to Superman becoming a dictator of his world. Then it jumps back to the other universe where batman is heading to Arkham to find Joker but instead is greeted by death stroke, defeating him then goes to the Justice Leagues base to only uncover Joker in Metropolis about to detonate a nuclear device given to him by Lex Luthor. So Batman goes to face Joker but in the heat of the battle some weird thing happens and Batman along with Joker and a couple of other heroes such as Aquaman, Green Lantern and wonder woman, they get transported into a parallel universe the one i mentioned at the beginning where Superman murders the joker. What results from there is that the heroes and Joker realize that this isn't their world, and that they are hunted by a tyranical Superman they try to find out what is going on, and how to fight Superman's regime. Trust me this story is well worth the ride because the stakes are constantly raised to epic proportions, with some shocking team up like Death stroke and Cyborg. Now lets get to the games positives, as i said the story is well written and voice acted with a good supporting soundtrack. Now lets get down tot he fighting mechanics, it is the best in its genre, you have a bounce cancel dash system to break in and extend combos, you have environmental based attacks like knocking a character into another section of a level, you have a new wager class system where you bet an amount of your characters power meter to win a clash and a chance at dealing extra damage and regaining a bit of health. Also just like most fighting games you have a super meter to where to you can either use to supercharge you special attacks or save it all to perform a massive super that does a lot of damage. Also the combo layout has a light medium and heavy attacks with the 4th triggering a character trait that seems unique to each character, my personal favorite one is doomsday's where it gives him temporarily a strong protective coating that soaks a lot of damage. Also the unlocks you gain as you level up, like access cards, and armory keys tot he hall of justice where you can purchase things like concept art and alternate characters costumes three of my favorites are Bane Regime, Raven Regime, and Joker Insurgency. Also the using a modified version of unreal the graphics are fantastic to the point of during a fight you actually feel like you are watching and participating in a fight with two deadly superheroes or the classic villain versus hero. There are also tons of stuff happening int the environmental background, and the lighting works really well where if a character is wearing armor and say you are standing in a spot light it actually looks like light is shining off of the armor. In my opinion there is better extra content then in mortal kombat because, you have a list of challenges that put different spins on battles like Mirror Match where at the beginning of each fight the game selects a character and you fight as that character and so does the ai. Also there is a big massive challenge mode called star labs missions where each of the 24 characters on the roster has 10 missions unique to them, and there is about over 200 of these missions some of them difficult to three star. One other positive is that the fight combos themselves flow really smooth when performed, and there is an extensive tutorial mode to teach you everything you need to know. Now there are just two negatives i found with the game and they are not with glitches or framerate those are fine but there is no tag team mode like in mortal Kombat plus while the story is good multiverse stories have been done before but none of these two issues really bothered me enough to deduct anything from the score, so i recommend this game to anyone who likes fighting games, or the DC characters or if you like blockbuster stories Expand
  7. Dec 26, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great fighter for all players. Whether casual or hardcore, this game appeals to a wide audience. The combat can be simple, or full of depth if you'd like. Plus, the DC characters are a lot of fun to play with.
  8. Dec 7, 2013
    The best fightning game on the PC market at the moment, period.

Mechanics are flawless, thanks to Ed Boon, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat series, since 1992. The guys is one of the masters of this genre. The fights are so fluid, attractive, full of non-stop action; it includes all features a good arcade game needs. A ten outta ten. 10/10

Music and sound acting? Another strong aspect
    of this game. The cast has Troy Baker, which is the harbinger of exceptional work. Soundtrack job is done by Dean Grinsfelder, known for his achievements on some other Marvel cartoons; like X-Men, Hulk, and some good documentary stuff. Nice melodies and bashing effects to our ears. 9/10.

The visual art and the quality of graphics are just awesome. There's no FIGHTNING game looks better than this title at the market right now. So, 9/10 again.

The roster for playable characters are below my expectations honestly. Ed Boons states that, this is because of the effort for creating balanced chars with logical attributes that fits to their comic book nature. I can understand that. Your favorite DC Comics heroes are still there; Sups, Bats, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Joker, General Zod, Solomon Grundy and vice versa. 8/10 anyway.

Last, but not least, the multiplayer gameplay is above the standarts of Mortal Kombat 9, the previous title of Netherrealms. There are games out there, with better lag management than Injustice, but this game is at zenit in its category of fightning games. And the guys at Warner Bros are constantly watching the forums on Steam and their official board, taking the feedback from players at a serious level, and releasing patches nearly every week, to get the online action at the best level possible. The biggest visible problem was the empty rooms of lobbies, which was because of regional lock. Now they fixed it with the latest patch. This of effort of theirs, and the current status of the multiplayer deserves a 7,5/10.

As my last appeal, Injustice is the best fightning game on PC, and one of the best of its genre including all platforms like XBOX, PS. It's in the same league with Street Fighter 4, Tekken 6; trust me.

My final score in this critic for IGAUUE is 8.7/10. But I'm giving it a 10 here, to make sure that it gets closer to the point it deserves.
  9. Nov 8, 2013
    Do I really need to give a valid reason to BUY THIS GAME!? Well the story is breathtaking, the action is amazing, and the character frame animations are AAA quality!!! What's not to love. Another fighting game of the year! I just wished they added just a few more DC characters in here. Oh well... there is always MUGEN. Anyway....BUY IT TODAY!!!! Worth the $60!!! BUT....I lost some respect from Netherrealm studios when they decided to give us an ULTIMATE EDITION OF THE GAME??? Plus the game is lacking in basic modes and the constant dlc gouging for costumes! This game was a little disappointing because a lot fan requests for characters to be in the game WERE NEVER met. The game needed more than five dlc characters and characters SHOULD NEVER COST $5 EACH! It's fighting game of the year quality but much needed to be done with this game. Expand
  10. Sep 14, 2013
    Bought it for the Xbox 360. The game is amazing. I love these kinds of fighting games. I love those graphics, scenery. Mainly the characters. Those power effects were all well defined. It's like playing a massive 3D fighting game. I mostly love to play Batman in this game.
  11. Aug 31, 2013
    The game's "campaign" mode was great! Had some very good voice acting but had a rather simple story.

I am no expert in fighting games but I do know the basic of how to pull combos off however I wasn't a big fan of how the controls where such as you have to move back to block moves which takes a lot of practice, If it had a simple one button blocking system like in Mortal Kombat 2011
    then that would've been fine for me.

I also found the online just too laggy so I couldn't play a lot of decent games but it is good fun when you can get some friends around to play it.
  12. Aug 18, 2013
    What surprises me about this game, is the fact that it haves an even better story mode than the previous MK9 game, what I thought that wouldn't be possible. It's kinda short compared to MK9, but this time it feels even more like a movie to me, with some really epic moments, especially on the two last chapters, and it still has tons of content outside of that.
    To begin with, the combat
    system is way improved over the previous game. Combos and special attacks are all easier to do, I just wish they hadn't make the defense system in this game similar to the Street Fighter games, but that's ok, and the option to highlight special attacks so you can aways see how to use 'em in the middle of the battle, is just genius. Also, this game has the most scenario interaction that i've ever seen in any fighting game. Some scenarios have outstanding 4 or 5 interactable objects in it, and 2 or even 3 scenario changes, where you use a strong attack to throw your opponent out of the stage into another one, dealing tons of damage and executing a cool animation, the only problem with those, is that they deal TOO MUCH DAMAGE, seriously, i've seen some mad combos that deal 80% percent of damage at once, and that gotta be nerfed, but not only that.
    And this takes us to the second biggest problem of the game, the over-powered characters, starting with the trigger-happy ones. Since the evade option in this game is way shorter than the SF games or even MK9, characters with long-range attacks seens to aways have advantages over the close combat ones. Seriously, go a PVP match against Deathstroke or the Joker and you will know what I'm talking about. And not only that, but you also have some close combat characters that are OP too, and this happens because of two main problems: Or they are just too fast or deal too much damage, or their unique ability is too unfair, I'll explain.
    In this game, you have one button dedicated only too use your character special ability, that variates between characters. Batman can call forth a wake of bats to protect him or strike the opponent, Lex Luthor can create a shield to defend him from the opponent's next attack, and some characters like Nightwing can change between fighting styles when the player press that button. It works fine for some, but for anothers, it gets a little unfair. This could be less worse if the game allowed you to choose 2 characters per match, but it doesn't, which just doesn't make any sense. This is a perfect game to have 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 matches, but it doesn't, with no reason.
    I would say that Injustice is somewhat of a mixed bag, but it has far more good content than bad content. It has tons of extra content for you to unlock, that goes from costumes, to stage music, and some really cool concept art, hell, it even has daily challenges that give you secret costumes, like John Stewart Green Lantern or Exterminator Superman. Every week the game receives an update from the developers, gaining new content through DLC's or the online challenges, there are already 6 new characters released via DLC, and 2 are yet to come, and TONS of alternate costumes also. For all this content, your money is well worth it.
  13. Aug 9, 2013
    I really like this game I played the mortal kombat which in my option is a good game there is 1 big flaw that I have with the game it is very low on gameplay in the story it only clocks in at about 5 hours but still I think the game is very fantastic and it is superb on every level except for the campaign go out and buy it.
  14. Aug 4, 2013
    Having played and loved the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot, my expectations were already high for Injustice. Though I had mixed feelings about Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, I was still hopeful for Injustice. I was not disappointed. Having some of DC Comics' heroes and villains fighting each other has never been so much fun. The graphics are on par with the MK reboot, and the selection of characters are diverse. The controls are among the best I've encountered in a fighting game. Special moves and combos are easy to pull off and each character's super move is satisfying, though it would be nice if they had more than one. The story's really engaging, and there's plenty of content to unlock, everything from costumes to concept art. STAR Labs add different challenges akin to MK's Challenge Tower. Even arcade mode has variety with different ladders that do everything from limit super moves to have you fight the entire fighting roster with one life bar. In all, Injustice is one of the best fighting games I've played in this generation. Then again, I expected no less from the people who brought us Mortal Kombat. Expand
  15. Jul 12, 2013
    Story mode is pretty good, it keeps you entertained. Unique and polished fighting mechanics, tons of extra content, king of the hill online and move sets from the characters feel appropriate and accurate. The only thing wrong with it is the lack of tutorial for newbies.
  16. Jul 9, 2013
    If you are looking for a fun fighting-style game that you can not only play with a good friend, but you can play with your younger cousin, this game is a great pick. Not only did this game feel like the Classic Mortal Kombat, but it was lowered down to a T rating so that younger kids could enjoy it. Now, I know to older kids, the loss of blood and gore in a Mortal Kombat style game can be disappointing, but taking that away was a genius business venture that is making the game sell far more copies by expanding the market, so can you really blame them? That is just my personal opinion however. To a seasoned super hero fan, it was nice to have a game in which they feature a lot of the awesome DC Characters, and Aqua Man FINALLY DIDN'T SUCK! Anyone who knows anything about DC can appreciate that fact. The game had an OK plot, but I really don't think this game is to be purchased for the plot. This game is one of those games where you may play the campaign in order to get better at it, but you really only own it as a game to play whenever friends come over. Have no friends? That's Okay! The plot may not be that great, but if you really don't know much about DC, the plot is still good enough to keep your attention, and even if you ignore it, you can draw a face on a pillow, Set that pillow on the sofa next to you, buy a second controller to give to the pillow, and force yourself to believe that the character you are fighting is your new best friend you have over, Pillow. Now, if this method gives you long term mental issues, I deeply apologize. I just wanted you to have a friend. Expand
  17. Jul 4, 2013
    I've never been a big fighting game fan other than dead or alive 4. But this one is great with great fighters cool combos and the levels make for some crazy scenes. I suggest it to anyone that likes fighting games or is interested at all with the genre it's an all around great fighter.
  18. Jul 3, 2013
    It is a fun game, but nothing groundbreaking and very short with nothing very interesting to do after the story is complete. The best bit of the game is to be able to play as DC heroes, probably the only reason I picked this up because I'm not a fan of brawling games, but this is a good game with a strange story line though.
  19. Jun 27, 2013
    Injustice single player campaign is brilliant, I throughly enjoyed myself. But when it came to multiplayer there's far to many noobs on it and it sucks! I don't think I'll be going on injustice anymore. Also it's one of those games where you play it for a week, and then it'll be on the shelf gathering dust.
  20. Jun 22, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great fighting game with a lot of new ideas in it. For example: the new stage intractables you can use and the new stage transitions you where you can launch your competitor across the arena. It is a great game but the reason it does not get a solid 10 is because I felt that the story mode was to short and could have been better, like the cut seen graphics did not seem to be like a 2013 game. But overall Netherrealm did a great job and I hope they have an Injustice sequel! Expand
  21. Jun 22, 2013
    The whole game I felt like I was playing an animation of the Justice League, which is really cool because I loved the animation, the look cartoonish combos individual characters, the voice acting, and especially the story make this game a game difente the rest of your style and one of the most fun, but not all flowers, sometimes when you're playing a character gets weaker through repetitive or monotonous, but fortunately only played 3 or 4 fights with them, and returned to the best-known heroes, the graphs also leave a bit to be desired, but in the end are satisfattórios, but these points can be set aside because after all this is a result to celebrate both for fans of fighting games as addicted to comics. Expand
  22. Jun 21, 2013
    A great fighting game that took a step away from the generic mortal kombat gameplay and something a little bit more original but its still not perfect. The story was a bit disappointing and star labs missions have lots of flaws but this is still a great game
  23. Jun 16, 2013
    A decently done fighter pitting characters of the DC Universe against each other. With well done controllers, amusing stage transitions, planet-sized ultimate moves, and unique abilities for characters, this game does pretty well. As far as a fighting game goes though, the ultimate moves and scene transitions are a bit too flashy (although good for the characters/comic book sense) and combos boil down into just a few strings per characters, although most moves may have a use. A decent game to pick up and bored when you want to beat up Superman as your favorite DC hero. Expand
  24. Jun 12, 2013
    this game is a fantastic buy for all mortal kombat/ dc lovers out there just a little on the short side so play thought it twice to get your moneys worth
  25. Jun 11, 2013
    I will get right into it I love the game I was a fan I am a fan and I waited for it to release same day I purchased. Simply put it's a downloadable game, I kind of don't like that,also the clipping, the screen tears, and the frame rate that the game runs in, Feels very outdated.(choppy choppy gameplay). You remember two world's 1 right!? Lol.. Okay the zombies are not zombies! Zombies are not track stars. And they should not be faster than the survivors, This was a terrible Decision to me. The edge with zombies is that there is a lot of them. They don't need to run so damn fast. You get bit by a zombie and you don't turn into a zombie. Very stupid! The zombies are way too hard to kill and it seems as if there are not enough resources, They completely ignored the fun factor! Sure it's an open world but who's going to run the risk of permanent death exploring that open world!? Please update and upgrade the game,.. there is so much more they could've done.. Why no vantage points? Why no safe areas? Why no weapon upgrades no armor? You should be able to completely fortify your home.. There should be more reasons to leave the home.. Lighting why can't you put down lanterns or burning torches? Why no online play? The control factor alone stinks!! I find myself constantly overshooting or under shooting When steering a vehicle. The games not all bad the novelty is still there and I have played every day since the release. Being able to completely rid an area of zombies should be possible. Set a house on fire and it doesn't catch on fire. Stupid AI at times. Zombies perception much to extreme. The upgrade menu, The general menu, Quite confusing.( Building upgrading) fort building Not learner friendly. Clippy gameplay. MY NUMBER ONE PROBLEM THAT I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DID THIS IS WEAPON RELOAD TIME!! Wth!!! I guess some of the good points are it's a new zombie game But it's nothing that we haven't played or done before..it's okay But I'm thinking at this point in time the frame rate at least Should be up-to-date Expand
  26. Jun 11, 2013
    Punching people into space has never been so much fun. Very fun and with the exception of some charcters *COUGH* Deathstroke, very balanced as well. Really dont know why they added Scorpian as dlc, as it is very similar to MK9 in the first place, but it is a very solid fighter, with many new and innovative systems e.g. the amount of lines in the clash system is unreal "You fight like my grandma!" "You fought your grandma?!" XD Expand
  27. Jun 8, 2013
    Wonderful story and characters. Nothing to complain about. It's not revolutionary, but it's a perfection among the already-know current video-game fight systems. Buy it. You'll be happy. I guarantee. This is a game to be played for a long time with your friends!
  28. Jun 5, 2013
    Easily the best fighting game experience I have ever had. It's full of great, diverse characters (with more on the way in DLC), interesting, multi-tiered and interactive environments and great easter eggs and fan service to hardcore comic fans like myself. The controls and combo timing is great for both hardcore fighters and more casual ones, as it took my friends very little time to catch up to a skill level where I didn't feel like I was being an oppressive combo master just because I played the game before they did. Definitely worth the money and though the campaign is short there is a tremendous amount of fun stuff to do with the challenge tower and S.T.A.R. Labs features. Expand
  29. Jun 2, 2013
    I'm struggling to find things wrong with this game. I came into Injustice having never played a fighting game before, and within minutes I was slinging combos and destroying my opponents effortlessly (albeit on Medium difficulty).

The story mode was good fun, and it was interesting to see how all the characters' story arcs intertwined, although it was a bit short.

Even if you have
    never played a fighting game before, and like awesome super heroes, I recommend Injustice. Expand
  30. May 27, 2013
    I am usually not a big fan of fighting games. Most likely because I am not good at them. But something keeps making me go back to this game. Maybe it is the comic heroes that I grew up with? Or the fun STAR labs? These are just some of the great things that injustice does. It caters to the casual gamer as well as the more experienced. I have had a great time playing this game. The only downfall is no tag team. Expand

1. Jun 17, 2013
    If you’re not into your comic books then a lot of the games appeal might be lost, but for fans of the genre and DC, this is a match made in heaven.
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    A great fighting game, even if you aren't familiar with the characters of the DC Universe. The cut-scenes look terrible compared to the actual fights, but the fluid animations make up for this minor complaint. The online system is solid, and you really feel like a superhero when you pull of a great combo.
  3. May 22, 2013
    Great presentation and a wealth of content make up for technical shortcomings. [Issue#98, p.74]