Inversion Xbox 360

6.5

1. Jun 5, 2012
    I knew this game was going to get crappy reviews because of its familiarity. GOW rip off they'll say, but cover shooters have been around long before GOW. I like this game not because of its differences but it does feel familiar, and its a compelling story. Just like other cover shooters it has solid mechanics cool weapons and lots of gore. The drawbacks are Max Frustration 3 typeI knew this game was going to get crappy reviews because of its familiarity. GOW rip off they'll say, but cover shooters have been around long before GOW. I like this game not because of its differences but it does feel familiar, and its a compelling story. Just like other cover shooters it has solid mechanics cool weapons and lots of gore. The drawbacks are Max Frustration 3 type problems. Short action sequences followed with cutscenes. Also the main character has got the worst head of hair I've ever seen. Note to all developers allowing the player to walk while advancing the story is better than a cutscene. Collapse
  2. Jul 30, 2012
    There are couple of critical flaws in the game (mostly the cutscenes and the plot) but in the last third it offers a pure Quake 3-like action. I haven't played such entertaining action game in 3 or 4 years - totally recommended!
  3. Jun 8, 2012
    The game is worth to play, actually it's not so bad - the script is not so trite as, for example in GoW. Multiplayer and coop modes are really exciting and kinda 'innovational'
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    It really is a shame this is getting such low review scores. Looks like the users like this a bit more than the critics did. I feel this game deserves an 8.5, It has some great physics, graphics and gunplay. It does feel very Gears of War but they did a great job with it and added enough to give it it's own identity. Blood, guts and guns for very satisfying results. Story isn't so badIt really is a shame this is getting such low review scores. Looks like the users like this a bit more than the critics did. I feel this game deserves an 8.5, It has some great physics, graphics and gunplay. It does feel very Gears of War but they did a great job with it and added enough to give it it's own identity. Blood, guts and guns for very satisfying results. Story isn't so bad either, a man who lost his wife and is desperately in search of his daughter who may or may not still be alive. It's simple but it works and I really appreciate games that just get to the point and that point here is mayhem and fun. With all the complicated RPG's im focusing on so far this year, Inversion is a welcome change. Oh and online co-op doesn't hurt either. Great game. Give it a try. Expand
  5. Jun 5, 2016
    Inversion is a good third person shooter that takes place in a dystopic universe where a race of human-like creatures invades all the known world. People are made slaves or just murdered for no apparent reason. Of course, as we advance in the story, we unravel many of the mysteries that the beginning of the plot brings.

In the game, we are a policeman who is in the seek of his daughter,

In the game, we are a policeman who is in the seek of his daughter, and we are at all times accompanied by a colleague and friend, who decides to support us in our quest. It is a rather simple plot, very inspired in Gears of War. I start commenting about the story because I believe it is one of its strongest points. As a fan of dystopias like Gears of War, I am Alive, or The Last of Us, I found Inversion's environment and storyline satisfactory. Simple, but effective. On the other hand, more character development, more dialogues or cutscenes would have improved this part even more. One has the feeling that there are more things to be told.

The technical aspect is brilliant at times. There are some moments that leave you with the mouth open. Unluckily, these moments are not frequent in the game. At the end of the game, we visit the most attractive scenarios. Moreover, the game has notable graphics and, even if the surroundings can get repetitive punctually, the graphic design is quite remarkable for a non triple A production.
    My major criticism goes for the sound, though. There are moments where the volume of the dialogues is not well regulated and we might either miss the voices or they might be too loud. That is an issue that breaks the atmosphere and it is really a pity that the game was released without fixing this problem. Many games nowadays suffer from this matter as well, which I find surprising.

The gameplay is effective, the game is fun. However, it is necessary to say that the shooting mechanics are heavily inspired on the Gears of War franchise. Cover mechanics, sprinting, aiming. Many things are copied from Gears of War. On the other hand, the game includes its own additions: altering gravity of the objects in our surroundings adds a strategic component that is an asset to the gameplay. The zero gravity fights are awkward but fresh, and jumping from the ceiling to the walls, or vice versa, is pretty new too and it is visually very satisfactory.
    Not all is good, though. Some mini bosses keep reappearing every 15-20 minutes in some parts of the story, and they can really become a pain. This was probably added in the game to increase its length.

The length of the story is about 7-8 hours, more or less the average of its genre. It has a multiplayer mode and the possibility to play the whole campaign in online coop, however, by now (2016) it is very rare to find anyone playing this game, so you must arrange this with a friend if you want to enjoy this experience.

To sum up, I think this is a great hidden gem that was very critisized at its time of release due to copying many elements from the Gears of War saga. I strongly believe that, in the case Ubisoft or Electronic Arts had published this game, the average score would be above 70%. This game is definitely worth your time, especially if you are into dystopic universes.
  6. Jun 5, 2012

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    A decent cover shooter which gets better towards the end. The gravity effects are nice, but they could be much nicer, if you could control the direction of gravity, not just the amount of it. [Aug 2012]
  2. Sep 6, 2012
    Inversion is condemned to eternal oblivion due to the defiant lack of marketing and advertising. However it is a solid game, with satisfactory gameplay mechanics, some consistently implemented fresh ideas and interesting storyline which ends with a cliffhanger that will remain unresolved. Worshipers of the Gears of War religion, give Inversion a chance.
  3. Aug 20, 2012
    In summary, Inversion is a pretty good shooter that is worth being looked at by any fan of the genre. It is an enjoyable playthrough but not something that screams for a repeat performance.