Ion Assault Xbox 360

7.5

1. JohnnyToe
    Sep 24, 2009
    I like the strategic twist that comes with the collect-shoot-collect mechanic. It's a fresh take on the modern shooter genre! Also I do not mind the controls that the first reviews complain about. After 10 to 15 minutes max. you know what you are doing. Overall I'm having more fun with it so far than I had with the other more "generic" twin stick shooters out there since GeometryI like the strategic twist that comes with the collect-shoot-collect mechanic. It's a fresh take on the modern shooter genre! Also I do not mind the controls that the first reviews complain about. After 10 to 15 minutes max. you know what you are doing. Overall I'm having more fun with it so far than I had with the other more "generic" twin stick shooters out there since Geometry Wars. For me its one of those games that are fun to play over and over again since you notice how your performance improves every time. Haven't had that in quite a while! Expand

1. Ion Assault is tricky and fun. Rife with pleasant colors and sounds, the game was an enjoyable shoot ‘em up experience with diversity in the form of enemies and power-ups.
    Ion Assault is a well presented package that is a blast for short plays. It doesn't have as much meat as some other XBLA games, but I do see myself firing it up every now and again to kill some precious minutes (and asteroids).
  3. Ion Assault is one of the most enjoyable Xbox Live Arcade games that you can find. With impressive and completely original particle-based game play, there is never a dull moment. A must have for anybody who owns an Xbox 360.