3.6

1. Nov 17, 2011
    Since Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change theSince Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change the story to fit what occurred. Now imagine if Heavy Rain gave you no control whatsoever, you simply did quick time events to progress everything, with basically no choices throughout the entire game. Now imagine if Heavy Rains framerate was so bad that you could easily miss a QTE happening (in fact i had an entire scene where no button prompts even showed up, i simply had to restart.)

I'm not just being rude, its really that bad. It makes a complete mockery of the book/film, the voice acting is horrid ( and seemed to have very little direction in the actors defense), the few throwbacks to JP humor are so poorly presented that you may think its some 4th wall breaking satire. Its not. Its a development house thats used the very last of its creative juices, and long ago at that.

The framerate isn't the only technical problem. The game hangs on the end of nearly every scene. I actually thought it had crashed a few times only for it to recover and chug along. I can't imagine it EVER reaches 30 fps. When restarting some checkpoints, a QTE will start and never show the button prompt, leaving you to guess while you burn through lives.

All in all this is an absolute embarrassment for TT, and they should be ashamed. This game would take another 6 months to polish, but the concept is so bad that it wouldn't have been worth it.
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    I normally don't give a game a zero and while this game is bad it isn't that BAD. However it's been proven that multiple Telltale employees have been making fake accounts to boost the scores of this game so guess what Telltale, you get my first zero score.
  3. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is an absolute mess and it is quite sad to see such a venerable franchise be spit on by such an irresponsible and lazy effort. Telltale should have either gone back to the drawing board with this one or just not released anything at all. An absolutely horrible game from a company of shameless jerks.
  4. Nov 17, 2011
    this is a terrible game that doesn't do jurassic park justice at all. it is all QTEs and they tell you the answers to the puzzles. just watch the giant bomb quick look if you don't believe me. telltale should be ashamed for giving themselves 10s. some developers like to let there games speak for themselves, other developers want to trick people into buying their games. now we know whatthis is a terrible game that doesn't do jurassic park justice at all. it is all QTEs and they tell you the answers to the puzzles. just watch the giant bomb quick look if you don't believe me. telltale should be ashamed for giving themselves 10s. some developers like to let there games speak for themselves, other developers want to trick people into buying their games. now we know what kind of developer telltale is. i'm not buying any of their games ever again. Expand
  5. Nov 17, 2011
    My apologies to my original review of 10, my Iphone dl broswer (not safari) reverted my original score of 1 to a 10

In an era of video games where polish is king, this game lacks it. This holiday season is filled with great games who utilize great IP's. Jurassic Park on the other hand demolishes the IP with clunky controls and almost unbearable story. The gameplay suffers as well, with a lack of direction and control scheme being clunky at best. This is sad for a company which is built on adventure games, for this game is a joke
  6. Nov 27, 2011
    I will keep this relitavely short and sweet, i have given the game a little more time, and I am a little bit more impressed than the previous annoyance or hearing that the developers had submitted their own Reviews, however it did seem that it was as if they were consumers only to later state the all most obvious. It's a shame as this reflected in the hate of many consumers, and everyoneI will keep this relitavely short and sweet, i have given the game a little more time, and I am a little bit more impressed than the previous annoyance or hearing that the developers had submitted their own Reviews, however it did seem that it was as if they were consumers only to later state the all most obvious. It's a shame as this reflected in the hate of many consumers, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However in terms of professionalism, and after playing the game I can say that the game is nothing special, but could of been, to visit a re-imagined world of Jurassic park, and create that retro, all,out nostalgic experience, and bring that back in today's heavy expectations, falling flat would seem easier, than sailing high and creating a unique experience.

The game heavily relies on its borrowed, heavy rain style gameplay, however without the ambience, and the depth of emotion from the characters, to drive the engine every gamer has, this was destined to be a one way trip down memory lane, with the words "I really wanted this to work" springing to mind.

As a pure hearted gamer, its hard not to look for negatives, and I'm unhappy this game did not tick enough boxes, to give it the praise that telltale were digging deep for.
  7. Nov 17, 2011
    Just to be clear, I'm a big fan of Telltale Games. I usually love all of their adventure games, no matter their difficulty or their overall quality. I've always found them entertaining because I've always loved adventure games, and I still do.

Jurassic Park: The Game brings a new format to Telltale, in the style of games like Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. However, in its futile attempt to be a part of this QTE filled genre, it falls flat on its face due to a number of missing things that made Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy the games they were.

First of all, the story is lacking. It has little to nothing to do with the original movies, and everything else seems stale and bland. There aren't any shocking plot twists or really any vibe to the story itself at all, like there were in HR or even some of Telltale's other games (ToMI, Sam and Max, BTTF, etc.). Another thing that was a huge deal breaker was gameplay and the animation to go along with it. The reason why Heavy Rain was playable as a game (which was completely filled with QTE's) was because the animation was so smooth and realistic that it didn't bother the player when you pressed buttons to do actions; they just flowed naturally. Jurassic Park however, doesn't follow suit. Animations are stiff, like all the characters are made out of wood, and actions tend to pause for a split second before and after you press (or don't press) the required button, resulting in a break in immersion. This would be fine if it was a traditional game with only a few QTE's; I've seen this kind of thing before in other games like first person shooters, third person shooter, etc. But for a game that relies entirely on QTE's, that sort of thing is just unacceptable. It feels awkward and, honestly, terrible to even keep playing past the 30 minutes. I had to force myself to play what I had.

I suppose there ARE a few pros to go along with it though. The graphics are nice for a Telltale game; their games aren't the most advanced and sophisticated things out there, but Jurassic Park has some good texture work and pretty good lighting (in relation to their other games of course). The video settings allow for a lot of customization as well, like post-processing and anti-aliasing, the kind of thing I would expect from a PC game. (I realize that this is the 360 section, I figured I'll post it here anyway) The sound is also pretty good, the classic dinosaur roars and sound effects will make you think back to the old movies, which is a good sign considering what this game is supposed to be. However, the same cannot be said about the voice acting, which is uninspired, flat, unconvincing and makes it really hard for the player to honestly care about anything anyone is doing. Overall, Jurassic Park: The Game is a very, very, VERY big disappointment. I'm giving it a 2 for the 2 pros I listed above, but that's about it. I feel like Telltale made a very bad decision in releasing all these episodes at once instead of monthly. Usually with their episodic methods, they are able to fix up things that were complained about in previous episodes and make it an overall better experience. Releasing them all at once eliminated this possibility, and the results show; each episode is as boring and uninspired as the last. If you want something to bore you to tears while you Press X to Not Die, then I don't even think I could recommend you this; $30 is too much for this game. The game was gifted to me and I'm REALLY sorry for whoever did do so. This won't be a game I'll be touching ever again.
  8. Nov 20, 2011
    Was this a port from the PS2? Played this game for about 10 minutes. It was like watching a bulldog eat mayonnaise off the floor. It was sloppy and uncomfortable all at the same time and made me want to shower right afterwards. With all the quality games out right now, this monstrosity should make the $10 dump bin at Walmart in no time.
  9. Nov 17, 2011
    For a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the CharactersFor a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the Characters are either boring, annoying or just don't belong in a Jurassic park game. Telltale missed so many great opportunities to make this a great game for Jurassic park fans to revist and explore key areas of the film.... What about discovering Robert Muldoons SPAS-12 shotgun and his hat that he removed just before his famous last words? Or revisting the Tyrannosaur paddock and finding the trashed tour cars and Gennaro? Discovering what happend to Ray Arnold in the maintenance shed? or evan finding a frozen raptor that was trapped in the freezer in the Kitchen scene? The great locations of the film are hardly seen, insted we vist ridiculous areas such as a rollercoaster in one of the most pointless and dumbest scenes in the whole game. For a game that considers itself to be faithful to the original film, it is a massive failure. Expand
  10. Nov 18, 2011
    It isn't a point'n'click game - it's more like a bad cartoon with pushing buttons. Bad and boring. It's better to give money to charity than spend it on this hardly entertaining product.
  11. Nov 19, 2011
    If you're going to have employees come here to inflate your scores, I figure it's legitimate to have people who've never played it (like myself) write reviews to deflate the score in turn.
  12. Nov 18, 2011
    This game has earned its rightful place at the side of all those Atari 2600 ET cartridges that were buried under a landfill in El Paso. I played the Xbox 360 version of this game on a (losing) bet and found it to be, more than anything, a very effective laxative, as I found myself running to the bathroom to empty my bowels every time I played this masterpiece for more than 15 minutes.This game has earned its rightful place at the side of all those Atari 2600 ET cartridges that were buried under a landfill in El Paso. I played the Xbox 360 version of this game on a (losing) bet and found it to be, more than anything, a very effective laxative, as I found myself running to the bathroom to empty my bowels every time I played this masterpiece for more than 15 minutes. Telltale should indeed be praised for creating the first ever digital form of gastroenteritis. If the adventure genre were a child, this game would be an unwitting guest in Dateline's "To Catch a Predator." Bravo, Telltale Games, bravo. You guys should take up pottery, or perhaps woodworking, because the gaming industry needs you about as much as a hooker needs syphilis. Expand
  13. Nov 18, 2011
    A sub-par game, lacking anything that is desired from a would be Jurassic park game, this toppled on top of the company damaging a fans replica jeep he spent his own hard earned money on, and now the employees who made the game coming here to spout nothing but praise, what a joke.
  14. Nov 19, 2011
    TellTale? More Like TellFail and that's the truth! This game sucks so much that they are offering it for free for anybody that is a PSN Plus Subscriber,

And I also hear that the own developers of the game are writing metacritic reviews for their own game
    simply pathetic
  15. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is an uninspired mess. As a Jurassic Park fan I'm very disappointed. Shame on the developers (Telltale) for putting out a product like this and for posting here on Metacritic to try to inflate their game's score.
  16. omb
    Nov 19, 2011
    The developers knew the game would score poorly(look at critics review, they say it's garbage), so they tried to scam players with fake reviews trying to get you to buy their game. This is saddening and shady to say the least. They knew damn well this game wasn't a ten, but they probably profit based on sales so they had no qualms with cheating you out of your hard earned money. Until TTThe developers knew the game would score poorly(look at critics review, they say it's garbage), so they tried to scam players with fake reviews trying to get you to buy their game. This is saddening and shady to say the least. They knew damn well this game wasn't a ten, but they probably profit based on sales so they had no qualms with cheating you out of your hard earned money. Until TT officially releases an apology I will never support any of their products again. Expand
  17. Nov 19, 2011
    Voting in here for their own game, BAD IDEA..........................................................................................................................
  18. yig
    Nov 19, 2011
    Screw Telltale. I love a lot of their stuff, but sending staff do inflate scores is disgusting. I have not played the game, nor will I ever pick it up because of this fiasco.
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    Get Gemini Rue instead of this turd. This is some kind of casual "cinematic" QTE-fest. Telltale game no longer produces adventure games. Thankfully there are better companies out there.
  20. Nov 20, 2011
    Terrible terrible game... at least, it *must* be since the TT employees thought it necessary to scam a few positive reviews in here posing as legitimate purchasers of the game.

Tells me that they are compensating for a terrible game. It's too bad, I would have been hopeful about the walking dead game, but... not now.
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    The Jurassic Park the game is the worst game of the year 2011,you have dishonored the movie, low quality 'graphics and little interactivity with the game.
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    Having played the game straight through, I felt that the controls were lacking, without any real direction as to know what to do, having less than a second to push buttons and having them not respond all the time, it felt clunky at the least. The visuals were great and the story wasn't horrid. Not sure if they intended to use Harding from the original book (Mind you he didn't have aHaving played the game straight through, I felt that the controls were lacking, without any real direction as to know what to do, having less than a second to push buttons and having them not respond all the time, it felt clunky at the least. The visuals were great and the story wasn't horrid. Not sure if they intended to use Harding from the original book (Mind you he didn't have a daughter on the island with him, but was one of the survivors), but it was a nice touch.Worth 30 bucks? Not really, since its one of those play once remove from library. I would have paid 3 dollars for this game. Recommend it? as a Movie yeah, I would have someone sit through it and cut all the "Action buttons:" out f it and release it out the the public. Then i would pay a bit more for it. Expand
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    Maybe not worth zero but certainly worth 2. Very tenuous relevance to the Jurassic Park movies, cookiecutter action that aint worth pi**ing on. Save your cash.
  24. Nov 19, 2011
    Contendor for worst adventure game ever. Massive FAIL in the story department and honestly, what's up with the art direction in this game? I showed my wife this and her assessment was that the art folks were "Noobs trying to hard". Kind of like when someone learns how to use a word processor for the first time and use every font at their disposal. Don't buy this one. I understand whyContendor for worst adventure game ever. Massive FAIL in the story department and honestly, what's up with the art direction in this game? I showed my wife this and her assessment was that the art folks were "Noobs trying to hard". Kind of like when someone learns how to use a word processor for the first time and use every font at their disposal. Don't buy this one. I understand why THE EMPLOYEES ARE INFLATING THE SCORE. They are worried for their jobs (and they should be).

'Nuff said.
  25. Nov 19, 2011
    This game looks like crap anyways. I'm not keen on prejudgment, but it just does.
    I wouldn't try it for $2.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved Monkey Island, and like some of the Back to the Future game. Still in hopes that they can make the Walking Dead game good enough so they won't have to post reviews on metacritic just to gain sales.
  26. Nov 19, 2011
    Crap, this is buggy and terrible and should never have been released. The biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Shame on the company and shame on this game for bothering to release this waste of a game!
  27. Nov 19, 2011
    Back to the Future showed promise. However, the game got progressively worse every episode. It's no wonder, Tell Tale had to use its own employees to boost the reviews on this game because it just doesn't live up to the Jurassic Park franchise quality that fans expect. At least have the honor to accept it's a bad game and make an effort to improve on future releases instead of trying toBack to the Future showed promise. However, the game got progressively worse every episode. It's no wonder, Tell Tale had to use its own employees to boost the reviews on this game because it just doesn't live up to the Jurassic Park franchise quality that fans expect. At least have the honor to accept it's a bad game and make an effort to improve on future releases instead of trying to boost the scores with fake reviews. The worst part is how Tell Tale addressed this issue. Instead of doing the right thing and say that the employees would be reprimanded, they tried to defend the situation by saying that the employees have the right to write their own inflated views on the game on a 3rd party's review site. The way they wrote it was so smug, too when they wrote "Telltale Games do not censor or muzzle its employees." Give me a break. Before, you could just blame two rogue employees, but now Tell Tale as a company is a part of this fiasco and is just as responsible. Expand
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    God-awful, press-a-button-and-watch-what-happens, inconsequential tripe. I want my money back. WTF?! 150 characters?! What is this TWITTER?! WTF DUDE?!
  29. Nov 19, 2011
    The game generaly SUCKS. Poor graphics and gameplay, porr duration, only want to explode the franchise. If best the ancient games of supernes. If a T rex, wake up his head...
  30. Jan 17, 2012
    This game was not at all what I expected it to be. Was it disappointing to play a game that I thought you could at least control characters? Yes! But was the story and game interesting enough to keep me going to finish the game? Yes also, but only because I love Jurassic Park the movie and just wanted to see what the story was about. So let me start off by saying, I thought this was aThis game was not at all what I expected it to be. Was it disappointing to play a game that I thought you could at least control characters? Yes! But was the story and game interesting enough to keep me going to finish the game? Yes also, but only because I love Jurassic Park the movie and just wanted to see what the story was about. So let me start off by saying, I thought this was a Tomb Raider/Uncharted type of game, where you control a character via 3rd person and roam around, not free open, I expected it to be linear, but not this linear. This "Game" is nothing more than a story where you get to press some buttons and go through some pretty easy "Puzzles" if you want to call them that. They were quite easy. But you don't ever use your left analog stick. Just the bumper buttons, and the a b x y along with the occasional right analog turn for door opening or jumping. For 90% of the game you are basically just watching the story unfold and go through button prompts and of course asking questions. It was pretty mundane. But I actually thought the acting was quite good despite what the others are saying. Where they as good as the movie actors? Of course not, but not that bad in terms of video games. The story had nothing to do with the original movies though, so if you thought you were going to go through the plot of any of the 3 movies, you will be disappointed again. For a PS3/Xbox360 game, the graphics could have been way better. Don't know why they didn't bring the feel of the island at all. I thought I could have been anywhere. The framerate was horrendous. And the loading, omg, for a short game like this and the bad graphics, I couldn't believe all the loading that was in the game. Honestly this game would have been a great Ipad/Android App game. They could have charged $8-$10 for it, and no one would have complained. But for $30, this was not a good value at all. Of course I'll end up just selling it and get $15 back for it, but was it worth buying? No, no replay value at all, no online experience. It would have been cool to be able to be a dinosour and hunt humans in an online mode or something. But anyhow, this game deserves a solid 3 out of 10. If this was an app for the Ipad or Android, I would have given it a 10. Expand

1. Dec 10, 2011
    If the game is for you or not, one thing is for sureā€¦the experience far exceeds Jurassic Park 2, nuff said.
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    In a perfect world there would have only been one Jurassic movie sequel and this would have been it, but thanks to Telltale Games, you can still experience Spielberg's dream movie in what can only be described as the perfect blend of interactive cinema and adventure gaming.
  3. Nov 28, 2011
    Jurassic Park: The Game gets the licence utterly perfect, offering a thrilling rollercoaster ride (sometimes literally) of dinosaurs, tension and action, but still wise enough to slow down, let you and the characters catch their collective breath, and unwind with a simple puzzle or two.