7.4

1. Jan 11, 2014
    This is the only game that my son and daughter (ages 3 and 4) can play! They love it, and the ability to share photos is perfect! I love the looping option where it can go all day if you want it to - great for having guests over to play! Highly recommended for all ages. 10/10
  2. Dec 31, 2012
    My kids love this game and I do too. This game shows off what an awesome, interactive piece of tech Kinect is. Highly recommended, and you can't beat the price point.
  3. Feb 13, 2013
    My kids LOVE this game. 36 activities that automatically cycle through. My kids and the neighbor kids go crazy playing. Best of all, nobody loses. They just have fun and I don't even need to do any setup to get them started playing. It just works.
  4. Jan 31, 2013
    Like Happy Action Theater before it Kinect Party does a great job of exploring the possibilities of the Kinect with simple and easy games. While some games are better then others all of them show you something new that can be done with the Kinect. Both my kids love the game and the social connectivity makes it easy to upload picture with the added kinect effects to facebook etc. If you have younger kids a definite must buy on XBLA (oh and it is free if you purchases Happy action theater previously) Expand
  5. Dec 30, 2013
    This is the only Kinect game that I and my kids have actually enjoyed. They have a blast with it and there are some truly neat effects as well as a wide variety of game types. You will find yourself laughing along with some of the crazy stuff that occurs in this game and it also takes pictures frequently which you can save or share online.

The most fun thing to do is put it in shuffle
    mode, where it keeps rotating to a different game every few minutes. It is one of the few games that works with three people, too, which is nice, and you don’t feel penalized if the family dog walks through the game. Ours does this sometimes but it results in often humorous consequences instead of a frustrating loss of control, as with other Kinect games.

Kinect Party is not worth buying a Kinect for, but if you already own one, you should definitely get it. If more Kinect games worked this well, that sensor might be worthwhile instead of a piece of junk.

1. Feb 9, 2013
    Comprising of 36 mini-games it's a breathless quick-fire assault of weird and wonderful challenges and play tools for up to six players. [March 2013, p.90]
  2. Feb 7, 2013
    Kinect Party is lots of fun, even though it gets frustrating when the game aggressively tries to get you to post your weird party pictures on Facebook. With more games and a small number of improvements, Kinect Party easily exceeds its predecessor. Kinect Party understands the shortcomings of the Kinect and that makes it one of the few games worth checking out on Microsoft’s peripheral gadget.
  3. Jan 29, 2013
    It's hard to deny the sheer amount of fun that Kinect Party offers. [Issue#94, p.83]