6.5

1. Oct 27, 2011
    Kinect Sports 2 is a good game but it's lacking alot of key elements to make it successful as Kinect sports 1. My biggest problem with KS2 is it's too simple. Baseball , and football especially. When you play those sports your first thought would be.... ehhh it's fun but they should've included defense mode or the ability to run to all bases instead of just first, Tennis really felt weird, it was ok but not as deep as i expected. Table tennis felt way better plus you had much more control of your avatar. Golf was done very well but could have been a little longer with more variety and courses. Darts... was ok as well. Skiing was one of those games i said to myself why did they include this i think basketball or a more realistic boxing would been a better option. Again overall KS2 is a Good game but it could have been way better. Another case of a game that didnt live up to its expectations . Expand
  2. Nov 29, 2011
    Rewelacyjna gra. Gramy w niÄ
  3. Nov 19, 2011
    Kinect Sports Season Two is a great game if what you expect is a casual experience with friends during a party. It doesn't provide enough content for you to get back to it over and over again.
    But first things first.

The idea is pretty much the same as Kinect Sports, but overly simplified at moments, if you ask me.
    You get baseball, football, golf, skiing, darts and tennis. The last one
    is a mistake, IMHO. I couldn't get the controls right, it felt sloppy, boring and not precise enough to be fun. Skip it. You won't regret it.
    The same goes for football. It's too simple and badly crafted. The idea is: one of you(if you play 1+, if you're flyin' solo you do all of that yourself) is the QB and has to distribute the ball. You have three choices. Basically left wing, center and right wing. Then you throw and the other person in the party starts running. Potentially fun? Yes! In reality? Nope.
    Whether I "throw" left or center - it doesn't matter. On one occasion it'll fly left, on the other to the right. No precision there. And the running? Well... that's just dumb. No matter how fast you pull your knees to your chin. You'll be running at the same speed. Evading is either not working or random.
    Skiing is a bit faster, but overally no great fun. The main plus for me is the time: ~ 1 minute per ride. That's good. People can have their share of skiing. No other feats there.

But hey! That's enough with nagging. Now the fun part!
    Baseball - my personal favourite, if you play with somebody. It takes some time to get the hang of it (and I didn't see any tutorial on throwing or batting), but then it's just pure fun. Throwing and hitting is fun. Really. You never know what your opponent will throw. A curve ball with the curve of 20 feet? A 5-mile fast slowball? That's the best of it :) It's what this game should be all about.
    And, thank you God, running here does serve a purpose and is dependant on the speed you run. I got outed once or twice by split second just because I decided to jog and not to sprint.
    The play can be long if two good players oppose each other. Definately use mingames for baseball when Kinecting with more people. It just can be that long. And fun. :)

Golf - pretty neat, but too simple and short. Lacks a bigger variety of courses. That would be excellent. Minigame with floating islands is excellent. You can take your time and try to hit the 3 point mark. Darts - well it's generally okay. The controls are somewhat tricky, but if you ignore the lock symbol and tips - you'll get it yourself. It works, has the precision - good job. And, again, the minigames are fun and funny. In general, it's a fair game that can shine when people don't have the time to look at it closer. It could've been so much more. Instead it's just a proper game which can defent itself against other Kinect competition.
    It's a shame really, because a year has passed and I don't see any or almost none progress with this technology. Kinect Sports Season Two is just episode number two, not a succesor. And that's it's main flaw.
    On the other hand, if you like the games included and especially the last three - you'll spend some quality time together with it, just as I did. What I yearned for is a game I would launch myself and play for hours. This game lands in the console only when I have company and want to laugh a bit. Too bad. Could've been much more...
  4. Nov 25, 2011
    Kinect Sports Season 2 is the most fun I had on Kinect. 6 new sports, more mini-games, and fun with up to 3 friends. If you enjoy the first one, you'll love this one. Never mind the minor glitches, online play and challenges is where this game stands.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kinect Sports 2 é um jogo legal, poderia ter mais games inclusos. Mais de modo geral gostei bastante do jogo, dá para brincar bastante e se divertir com a família jogando. Expand
  6. Dec 21, 2013
    Kinect Sports: Season Two can be a fun experience if you let it. Kinect can feel unresponsive at times in games such as football, but, it can allow for some great laughs. It allowed me to brush off my dusty Kinect.
  7. Jul 14, 2014
    You can't really give this game a bad rating, because it's designed for you to play with family and friends, and it does that well. Sometimes, the KINECT gets frustrating with not detecting your movements, but that's the kinect, not the game. Good party game. Whenever you have friends over or wanna play a good sports game with your family, pop this in. I would have liked basketball to be included but that's alright. Expand

1. Dec 14, 2011
    However, the bottom line is that Kinect Sports: Season Two is a lot of fun to play. It's not a game you'll play for hours on end, but instead it's one you'll pull out when friends come over for a fun couple of minutes.
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    Entertaining at times and overly basic at others, this sophomore outing is 'average' on the whole. Whether that speaks to the game itself or the expanding library of Kinect options is still up in the air, but the result is the same.
  3. Dec 9, 2011
    The second season of Kinect Sports doesn't really offer anything original or inspired, it's just a collection of sports mini-games. Some of them are mildly entertaining (Golf), while others are over-simplified and boring (Tennis). All in all, Season Two is an extremely casual gaming experience that offers neither fresh ideas nor precise motion control. [Dec 2011]