L.A. Noire Xbox 360

7.8

1. May 22, 2011
    This game is amazing! I've seen people complaining about the length and the lack of multiplayer but it doesn't need it. And as for the length 25 hours+ is a long game. Just don't go into it expecting the mindless violence of games such as GTA and Saints row and you'll enjoy it.
  2. May 17, 2011
    This is the next level for video game graphics. Hopefully this style becomes the standard for future games. Fun, thought provoking, and entertaining. Everything a great game should be.
  3. May 17, 2011
    This is a game that you will not want to miss. The story is one of the greatest i have ever come across, the gameplay is fantastic, and the replay ability is instant. This more than matches up with last years RDR. What will Rockstar do next. That's the beauty of it.
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    This game does things that are quite innovative and frankly it should be something that changes how games are done in the future. The facial motion capture, and the use of real actors makes the game a classic. There's actually quite a bit to do in the game besides the cases, so it never gets boring. The realism of the cars, and the settings are so spot on, its just amazing. There's aThis game does things that are quite innovative and frankly it should be something that changes how games are done in the future. The facial motion capture, and the use of real actors makes the game a classic. There's actually quite a bit to do in the game besides the cases, so it never gets boring. The realism of the cars, and the settings are so spot on, its just amazing. There's a point in the game (about 3 quarters in I guess), where the flashbacks is done so well, its as good as a great movie. Suddenly you have a character is more human and interesting than any in gaming history. After you figure out how to interrogate, that almost becomes the best part. Gathering evidence also gets more fun since you start to realize how to close a case. And when you want something else to do, you can run around find a hidden vehicle, or film real. Great fun and worth replaying. Expand
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    Hell **** yeah!!! this game is **** awesome. Seriously. I don't know what they make their people do at Rocksar but they should keep doing it because this game has everything that I could possibly want out of a detective game. Even side missions like street crimes. Jesus Christ, this is awesome
  6. May 21, 2011
    Just like Red Dead Redemption before it, there's nothing else quite like it. Another gem from the Rockstar stable.

If your expecting GTA does noir, then your gonna be dissapionted.
  7. May 20, 2011
    I really enjoy this game, I think the negative reviews are coming from peple that have the wrong idea of what this game is about. It's not about killing people. It's not about shooting people up. It's not at all like Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Redemption. If you approach this game realistically and play it realistically, actually acting like a cop and not trying to break the lawI really enjoy this game, I think the negative reviews are coming from peple that have the wrong idea of what this game is about. It's not about killing people. It's not about shooting people up. It's not at all like Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Redemption. If you approach this game realistically and play it realistically, actually acting like a cop and not trying to break the law yourself, then it's an amazing game. You need to play this game right or you won't enjoy it. Expand
  8. May 17, 2011
    This is another amazing game from Rockstar Games. Team Bondi did a great job with the development of this game as well as Rockstar. This game progressively gets better. It is a must have.
  9. May 23, 2011
    I've just completed this game, and it is exceptional. The look of this game is amazing, beautiful graphics and wonderful facial animations, most of all though i like the clever use of lighting in this game, it really feels like a 'noir' inspired game. The attention to detail is amazing and every part of post WWII LA is perfectly recreated. The story is excellent and the twist at the endI've just completed this game, and it is exceptional. The look of this game is amazing, beautiful graphics and wonderful facial animations, most of all though i like the clever use of lighting in this game, it really feels like a 'noir' inspired game. The attention to detail is amazing and every part of post WWII LA is perfectly recreated. The story is excellent and the twist at the end certainly shocked me. Gameplay is good, but is pretty much identical to GTA 4, which is not a bad thing. The only couple of points that im disappointed with are, firstly the driving, which could use a lot of tweaking. It took me quite a while to get use to, so i mainly just let my partner drive, and also the outcome of your own personal decisions - whatever option use choose to take, the outcome is the same each time. You'll understand me when you play this game. It's not enough of an issue though to stop me giving this a 10. Brilliant game.. Expand
  10. May 28, 2011
    This is my Favourite Game of all time (Mainly because im a big Noir Genre fan) it is full of exciting missions and it is a BIG Game! I love the Story, its classic Noir at it's best! The Gameplay is Fresh and unique and the Graphics are Remarkable. Go out and Buy this Game!
  11. Jun 2, 2011
    I'm rating this a ten just to even out the average meta score. All the user "critics" who rated it negatively have to be either looking for attention or just being a troll.

Anybody who loves games should truly see the value of this game...This is an extremely high budget game that tries to do something new, and that is incredibly rare these days when the industry is looking to make its next Battlefield Call of Duty Wii Sports.

This game has its flaws, but at least it tried to color outside the lines.
  12. May 20, 2011
    Please, if you have any sanity, do not listen to any negative reviews; LA Noire has come under a small attack of trolls who try to trick you into not purchasing good games, as seen by Portal 2's reviews. Any serious reviews that are displeased by this game, which is unlikely, are simply done by idiots and children. This game takes many steps forward from your casual game by introducingPlease, if you have any sanity, do not listen to any negative reviews; LA Noire has come under a small attack of trolls who try to trick you into not purchasing good games, as seen by Portal 2's reviews. Any serious reviews that are displeased by this game, which is unlikely, are simply done by idiots and children. This game takes many steps forward from your casual game by introducing something unheard of by angsty teenagers everywhere-- more story than there is combat! Yes, I'm sure all of you short-witted and impatient 12-year-olds out there are angered by this, but do not worry, if you have ever played an actual videogame in your life besides Call of Duty, then you will probably love LA Noire. Expand
  13. May 17, 2011
    The most beautifully crafted game since Heavy Rain, an immediate Game of the Year contender and the most ambitious title Rockstar have ever produced. So far this year it is equal only to Portal 2 in terms of ground-breaking game mechanics and it's sheer brilliance.
  14. May 24, 2011
    A truly special experience. This game was clearly meant for a certain kind of gamer. An adult gamer and one that has a mature mind. Those who scoring this game low clearly lack the maturity to appreciate it for what it is...a work of art. If you go I to this game expecting GTA not only are you a fool you will be disappointed.
  15. May 31, 2011
    Like some critics have said, L.A. Noire might not be a game that everyone will love, but it is a necessary game for people who want to see how video games have and will evolve. I begin with this because there is a lot to this game that may turn people away - it is NOT your typical GTA game except for driving, story comes before action, trial-and-error may become necessary, and the pace ofLike some critics have said, L.A. Noire might not be a game that everyone will love, but it is a necessary game for people who want to see how video games have and will evolve. I begin with this because there is a lot to this game that may turn people away - it is NOT your typical GTA game except for driving, story comes before action, trial-and-error may become necessary, and the pace of the game is slow. As for me, I thought this game was amazing. I've always loved adventure games, but production values and quality assurance usually leaves something to be desired for your average adventure game. But here we have a giant in the gaming industry producing an uncompromising adventure game - it is a dream come true for someone like me. Roaming crime scenes and interrogating suspects is a thrilling departure from typical gaming fare. The new facial animation technology is a stunning innovation that merges real human emotion into the game worlds; it is not quite perfect, but it must be seen. There is simply nothing like it. Before ending, though, I should note that environments take a while to load (especially when driving), causing some frequent texture pop-in. But since the core of the game is in detective work, this is not that detrimental. Expand
  16. May 17, 2011
    I have really enjoyed the hours I have put into this game so far. If anyone was ever a fan of point and click adventures or detective novels and movies I strongly recommend you the game due to the sheer amount of detail put into the cases.
  17. May 21, 2011
    First before I start, don't listen to the bad reviews on the game, there just trolls who just want to rate down the game. I am so far in about 6-7 hours into the game and so far I love it .Graphics: Graphics look amazing, facial recognition is the best ever in a game, and there is a ton of detail on the city. Setting takes place in recreated 1947 Los Angeles, which means it resembles theFirst before I start, don't listen to the bad reviews on the game, there just trolls who just want to rate down the game. I am so far in about 6-7 hours into the game and so far I love it .Graphics: Graphics look amazing, facial recognition is the best ever in a game, and there is a ton of detail on the city. Setting takes place in recreated 1947 Los Angeles, which means it resembles the actual city of Los Angeles in the 40s, and the city is HUGE; biggest city ever in a rockstar game. You start out as Cole Phelps who who wants to bring justice(goodie detective) and rises through ranks of departments from cop to vice and others ranks. You mainly find clues and do interrogations of suspects and witnesses for the main story, and there are some shooting actions and car and feet chasing; there are a total of 21 story cases each are very long except the beginning ones. There are also side investigations that you can start from your police car; similar to city task in gta4 and stranger task in red dead; total of 40 side cases. There are a total of 95 cars to drive. There is a level up system where you get exp by how well you do interrogations and other stuff (20 ranks in total and each rank unlocks something such as suits and hidden cars) and you get intuition points which help you in cases. Other stuff to do are finding rare landmarks which there are 30 in total, finding film reels which are 50 in total, finding newspapers during story cases which are 15 in total which reveals a story of a psychiatrist, and hidden rare vehicles you have to find around the city (15 total). You can replay cases to get a better rank which means u don't have to start over the game and there's even a "free roam" mode which I believe some games should have; *cough* *cough* Mafia 2. Some negatives is that it is more limited than red dead and gta but isn't really meant to be a sandbox game and can get repetitive sometimes. Overall La Noire is a great game that's a mix of gta and heavy rain. It offers a lot of challenge and paying attention. Highly recommend it and also join rockstar's social club for a better experience. Expand
  18. Apr 26, 2014
    I am writing this after finally playing the PC version of the game and it`s one of the most pleasant surprises I`ve had in gaming. The reason is that according to Metacritic there is no PC version, and yet I felt I had to put my two cents in here about LA Noire.
    Not being a huge GTA fan due to my profound lack of interest in Russian pimps with fake accents, f-bombs and car chases I wasn`t expecting too much from this game. But by golly did it have one of the best stories I`ve seen in a game to date. It is also a technical marvel, recreating 1946 LA faithfully enough, which is where the game takes place. The graphics and sound are good and the game play excellent. Occasionally there isn`t a whole lot where you`d expect there to be at least something, but considering that the game simulates a huge city it can hardly be avoided. Even so, LA Noire does an admirable job of making LA appear fully inhabited anyway,. And a mini game of sorts of police radio emergencies means that you`ll have small twists interrupting your pursuit of the main quest all through the game, so giving you more variety than games like Mafia for example. As for the sound the only problem I had was the car radio that keeps going every time you step into the car. When you hear the same news story and the same semi-annoying 1940s song every ten minutes for the entire duration of the game it loses some of its immersive quality. Of course you can turn the radio off, but then it`s all quiet and weird.... But the voiceovers and sound FX are all good, as is the music.

Basically you play as a police detective and follow the ups and downs of his career while uncovering the main story. But since it`s open world you can do this whenever you want to, and me I had a blast just driving various cars way too fast around town and regularly forgot what I was supposed to be doing.
    Anyway, police officer Cole Phelps drives around chasing bad guys and investigating crime scenes before interrogating witnesses and suspects. The interrogations make use of a facial motion capture technique to hint at when suspects are lying, and it is so realistic that I could actually recognize several real life TV actors Rockstar had hired to play the parts. Do all this well enough and you`ll move on to the next case, and the next desk and eventually to the grim ending to the game. The investigation of cases is somewhat similar to what games like CSI have done, but in my mind a lot more interesting because they are in fully interactive environments and part of a larger story going on. In particular some of the main cases for Phelps to solve at the end of each chapter are large, involve multiple crime scenes and feel just riveting. This part of the game really sucks you into what`s going on and gives you a constant feeling of achievement.
    But the thing that really makes LA Noire shine is the amazing story and the compelling characters you`ll get to know while progressing through it. There are really no one-dimensional cliche figures. Rather with almost all the main characters, including Phelps, you tend to think you have them figured out just to have something emerge that makes them more nuanced, and therefore more convincing and interesting. On rare occasions computer games can play like interactive versions of quality novels and this is such an occasion. Saying more might spoil it though, so I won`t.

If you like adventure games, detective simulations, driving games or just plain old great game design and story telling then rush out and get LA Noire with all haste. The only negative thing about this game is that something this good only comes along every five years or so, if we`re lucky, so you will inevitably enter quality-withdrawal just as soon as you finish it.

PS: Judging by reviews above there are some loading issues on the console version but obviously none of that on the PC. If there are other differences I wouldn`t be able to tell you.
  19. May 18, 2011
    The best things about the game isn't gameplay, graphics, sound, voice acting, the facial system, the evidence finding, or the 50's setting. The best thing about this game is the NAKED LADIES!
  20. May 17, 2011
    Facciamo subito un po' di chiarezza sulle caratteristiche, siamo di fronte ad un gioco che nelle basi condivide la struttura delle due precedenti produzioni Rockstar, intese come una mappa liberamente esplorabile (anzi, in L.A. Noire lo è fin da subito per intero), la visuale libera in terza persona, la possibilità di guidare macchine e muoversi a piedi, missioniFacciamo subito un po' di chiarezza sulle caratteristiche, siamo di fronte ad un gioco che nelle basi condivide la struttura delle due precedenti produzioni Rockstar, intese come una mappa liberamente esplorabile (anzi, in L.A. Noire lo è fin da subito per intero), la visuale libera in terza persona, la possibilità di guidare macchine e muoversi a piedi, missioni primarie, secondarie e collezionabili di ogni sorta. Appurato questo, sono il "cuore" della produzione e il fluire del gameplay a donare quella freschezza e personalità necessarie per emergere da quei due mostri sacri che inevitabilmente sono stati utilizzati dagli utenti come confronto durante il corso dei mesi. La prima differenza più visibile e scontata è rappresentata dall'ambientazione: siamo nella Los Angeles di fine anni 40', dove i grattacieli di Downtown non avevano ancora preso il sopravvento e invece Sunset Boulevard non era così distante da quella dei giorni nostri. Una Los Angeles ancora più mitica, che dopo la seconda guerra mondiale cominciava a mostrare al mondo intero la potenza della sua macchina cinematografica e del vivere sempre al massimo. Ma anche una Los Angeles dominata da un malaffare creato dai veterani tornati dalla guerra, dal racket delle scommesse, dalla droga, da incendi dolosi e da serial killer che si divertono a prendere in giro la polizia investigativa. In questo scenario il vostro alter ego è Cole Phelps, ex marine che al ritorno in patria entra a far parte della polizia come investigatore, secondo un filo conduttore che lo porterà poi a fare carriera nella omicidi, narcotici (chiamata anche Vice) e così via.
    Nessuno spazio alla componente multigiocatore, L.A. Noire per quanto disponga di molte delle caratteristiche proprie dei free roam predilige un approccio del giocatore più lineare, dove girovagare per la città diventa più un piacere visivo che altro, magari addirittura dopo aver terminato le vicende principali. Vi è infatti una apposita opzione denominata free roam che risulta utile per completare la raccolta di collezionabili oppure le missioni secondarie. La narrazione si sviluppa secondo tre piani paralleli, quello principale prevede la risoluzione di ventuno casi investigativi incentrati sulle problematiche esplicate poche righe più sopra, secondo un filo logico che inizialmente sembra essere scollegato nelle sue parti, ma che in seguito porta alla luce connessioni sempre maggiori tra i personaggi e i crimini nei quali si imbatte Phelps.
    Tra ogni caso e il successivo ci sono dei flashback non interattivi legati al periodo precedente a quello vissuto direttamente (la guerra ad Okinawa del 45' soprattutto) mentre durante lo svolgimento dei casi è possibile raccogliere dei giornali grazie ai quali lanciare brevi filmati che arricchiscono la storia principale e che mostrano le vicende di personaggi coinvolti in qualche modo con il protagonista principale. Qualcuno si starà sicuramente chiedendo se è possibile entrare negli edifici a proprio piacimento. La risposta è ni, nel senso che la maggior parte delle volte si può solamente se sono funzionali alla missione in corso; esistono ad ogni modo dei luoghi famosi che sono accessibili anche in altre occasioni ma che comunque hanno poco da offrire se non dal punto di vista puramente visivo. Eccoci al gameplay dunque, Cole Phelps si controlla come ci si aspetterebbe, il movimento demandato allo stick analogico sinistro, telecamera a quello destro e così via. La stessa cosa vale per le sezioni in macchina e le sparatorie, che condividono il sistema di copertura "fisso" come quello di Mafia 2 e in maniera standard per il genere. Sia ben chiaro però, la componente di azione in L.A Noire non è affatto quella principale, ma è anzi è relativa soprattutto alle missioni secondarie, che mai come in questo caso possono essere utilizzate per spezzare la storia e il tipo di gameplay che il gioco ha da offrire per la maggior parte del tempo. Il loro accesso è semplice, quando si è alla guida di una macchina della polizia può capitare in maniera casuale di ricevere una chiamata, la si accetta con il tasto A e immediatamente appare la posizione da raggiungere sulla mappa.
    Le missioni secondarie prevedono ad esempio sparatorie dopo un assalto in banca, inseguimenti in auto oppure a piedi, in strada o per palazzi, la cosa carina però è rappresentata dal fatto che queste quaranta missioni hanno nome proprio e un minimo di diversificazione sempre e comunque, a testimonianza che il Team Bondi ha cercato di rendere il titolo il più credibile possibile e legato ad un impianto narrativo.
    Tutto sommato, un vero capolavoro da non perdere.
  21. May 30, 2011
    Anyone who says this is a bad game is a little girl. This game has the graphics, characters, storyline, everything is there. the storyline is very intence with cases that will keep you guessing for the whole game it also has a back story (srry no spoilers) I kust really loved this game i dont no what to say.
  22. May 17, 2011
    A few hours in, I'm falling in love with this game. First, I'd like to say that the facial expressions due to the MotionScan tech is spot on. Interviews are interesting and you feel like a true detective when you get someone to admit they're hiding something. Aside from the interviews, the animations during the in-game cutscenes are amazing and honestly unlike anything I've seen. TheA few hours in, I'm falling in love with this game. First, I'd like to say that the facial expressions due to the MotionScan tech is spot on. Interviews are interesting and you feel like a true detective when you get someone to admit they're hiding something. Aside from the interviews, the animations during the in-game cutscenes are amazing and honestly unlike anything I've seen. The gameplay is great from the shootouts to the driving. Clue collecting before interrogations feels rewarding and for those who have played a GTA/RDR, the controls will feel right at home. The story is compelling so far along with the back story and other bits of info you find along the way. It really makes me look forward to seeing how everything comes together when I make a dent in the game.

I can't wait to sink more hours into it, but this will definitely be a game I fall in love with.
  23. May 17, 2011
    Fantastic game! I was up all night playing it. It is the cure for the common fps. If you don't enjoy this game it says a lot about your personality. Just because this isn't COD doesn't mean it isn't worth your time or attention.
  24. May 17, 2011
    What a stunning achievement for gaming. When people tak about games as art this is the sort of thing they'll point to. Easily the most immersive experience I've had with a videogame. Bondi and Rockstar did a wonderful job at crafting the investigative elements into something addicting and surprisingly intelligent. And there's of course the revolutionary facial animation tech. The abilityWhat a stunning achievement for gaming. When people tak about games as art this is the sort of thing they'll point to. Easily the most immersive experience I've had with a videogame. Bondi and Rockstar did a wonderful job at crafting the investigative elements into something addicting and surprisingly intelligent. And there's of course the revolutionary facial animation tech. The ability to capture an actor's true performance gives the game's story and characters an incredible amount of believability and emotional weight.

If you consider yourself at all a fan of the art of good storytelling then it'd be a complete disservice to not play this game.
  25. May 17, 2011
    A revolutionary title that exceeds expectations on all levels, L.A. Noire takes a leap forward in the adventure genre, as well as the technology genre. This video game is a prime example where art influences the technology, and the technology influences the art. Its very rare when video games, or any media for that matter, pull this off effectively, but this game has. It's a new form ofA revolutionary title that exceeds expectations on all levels, L.A. Noire takes a leap forward in the adventure genre, as well as the technology genre. This video game is a prime example where art influences the technology, and the technology influences the art. Its very rare when video games, or any media for that matter, pull this off effectively, but this game has. It's a new form of game-play all together, not something many are used to, and that is why there are less than deserving reviews out there. People need to realize that this game isn't meant to build off of the past, but instead move to the future, and to be honest I like where this game is taking us. Expand
  26. May 21, 2011
    L.A Noire is just one of the best games I have ever played to be totally honest! The replayability is there, you can easily replay all of the cases again, with many different outcomes, etc. In Short: The graphics are just perfect, I would rate them 10/10
    Sound and Voice Acting is AMAZING! 10/10
    Gameplay - 10/10 Replayability - 10/10 - Trust me, I would play this over and over again, it
    Sound and Voice Acting is AMAZING! 10/10
    Gameplay - 10/10
    Replayability - 10/10 - Trust me, I would play this over and over again, it does not get repetitive, so don't listen to this negative reviews, they are just HATERS! Rockstar games and team Bondi have made history......

L.A Noire is a Masterpiece!
  27. May 17, 2011
    The people who rip the "feel" of this game, obviously don't understand it was not intended to be your stereotypical video game. It was designed to be an interactive detective story, much like "Heavy Rain" on the PS3. Both games are very innovative. Rockstar took it a step farther and included more gameplay, even allowing you the ability to wield your weapon and personally drive throughoutThe people who rip the "feel" of this game, obviously don't understand it was not intended to be your stereotypical video game. It was designed to be an interactive detective story, much like "Heavy Rain" on the PS3. Both games are very innovative. Rockstar took it a step farther and included more gameplay, even allowing you the ability to wield your weapon and personally drive throughout the city. I would not knock this game until you beat it, as your involvement becomes greater as you progress. Initially, it does get repetitive, but later on, the game changes just as you are about to become bored, and it'll capture your attention again, entirely. Expand
  28. May 17, 2011
    This game is Great!!! This games has cars, races, guns, chases, but it is not only about this. It is about using your brain. If you like just shooting and crashing everything you see, this is not for you, here you need to think. Graphics is very good, facial animation is AMAZING!
  29. May 17, 2011
    First off. If you are expecting GTA 5 than please spare yourself the pain and don't play it. So far I am 13 hours in and have only shot 36 people.This game is not about shooting up LA it is a game about intense investigation. This is my 2nd favorite game I have EVER played. I was honestly shocked when I saw the scores that this game got. It is the most immersive game I have ever playedFirst off. If you are expecting GTA 5 than please spare yourself the pain and don't play it. So far I am 13 hours in and have only shot 36 people.This game is not about shooting up LA it is a game about intense investigation. This is my 2nd favorite game I have EVER played. I was honestly shocked when I saw the scores that this game got. It is the most immersive game I have ever played (except possibly bioshock). The new face technology is flat out amazing. You can really see every movement in the characters faces. If you are looking for a game that requires REAL thought, and doesn't require you to mindlessly kill people this is the only place to look. Amazing game through and through. Also I think the car physics are fine. Everyone needs to keep in mind that these are 1940's cars, not a lamborghini. Expand
  30. May 17, 2011
    L.A. Noire is a fantastic game. It's story, presentation and gameplay are all solid. The new motion scan tech is definitely the best part of the game. What it does is bring real life facial animation to L.A. Noire's character using 32 HD cameras. L.A. Noire also has the most meticulously recreated version of Los Angeles to ever appear in a video game.

1. Jul 26, 2011
    Look past the glitz of technical achievements, richly designed sets, ostensibly interactive environments, and you will see the real L.A. Noire – a vapid adventure with a hole-ridden plot, a boring unsympathetic hero, and rough stitches in places where content should be.
  2. Jul 13, 2011
    In attempting to ape the triumphs of another medium, it overlooks the triumphs of its own. The result is disappointing game, but an impressive interactive experience.
  3. CD-Action
    Jul 1, 2011
    L.A. Noire is a new breed of adventure game. It's quality and scale completely eclipse even the most important achievements in this genre and I strongly recommend it as the best interactive detective story of all time. [June 2011, p.52]