7.9

1. Jun 6, 2011
    Anything that Valve's touch becomes platinum, Left 4 Dead has a lot of similarities with Counter Strike in every aspect. Non stop action,over the top violence will be found in here, laugh out loud coop , and nice campaign. Tho, this is not a game for everyone,as i said this campaign is hell of a fun experience but is very short, and especially for offline users, they will not get more content on it. Also L4D lacks in weapons, there's not many variety. Those minor flaws doesn't deteriorate the excitement , and you can get good use for it. So pick it , ( get L4D2 it has more stuff ) but, get in mind that less dont get everything right , even if it has zombies. Collapse
  2. Nov 17, 2010
    If it wasn't for this game and Left 4 Dead 2, i won't have even bought an xbox, honestly.
    This game is just amazing, though it is pretty much that same 7 scenes you're playing over and over, the randomness setting of a.i.'s and such make it like a brand new match every time. Versus, Campaign, and other modes other than Single Player are a great way to keep my attention to the game getting
    to play with other. The game is just amazing, i play it like everyday and i can't imagine not playing this gem. Expand
  3. Sep 3, 2011
    Left 4 Dead is a blast to play, it can easily consume hundreds of hours of your life, it has tons of awesome multiplayer modes, awesome co-op, and Zombies! this game is a pure adrenaline rush, at times hundreds of Zombies will swarm you at once, and it's awesome! while the game is built for co-op play, it's still fun to play by yourself, although you'll have the most fun with four friends and difficulty on expert and watching the craziness unfold, all the game modes rely on teamwork, and there's one gameplay mode where you can play as either the Zombies or the survivors and have to effectively communicate in order too win, and it has extremely high replay value, this game comes so close to getting a 10, but it does have some flaws, there are long load times, there are only four short campaigns with five levels a piece, and if you don't have multiplayer, it wont last you forever, but this is still a fantastic game online or off, and is just shy of perfection, a must own. Expand
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    Zombie games are well, out there. they could be awesome and they could be boring. THis is one of the better zombie games out there. It's fun and at the time, was pretty scary.
  5. Apr 27, 2011
    9/10 = Amazing = One of the best online Co-op/ Versus games to date. Extremely well designed and very fun overall.
  6. Nov 21, 2010
    I don't think Valve can make a bad game...cause this surely isn't one. Everything about this game is fun, especially the different types of special infected. This is a great game to play multiplayer on xbox live with and not ever really get bored of this game, as long as you long killing very fast undead.
  7. Dec 5, 2010
    Just about anything wrong with this game on the 360 is corrected in the PC version (and improved upon in the sequel). It has to do with Microsoft, I'm almost sure. There aren't any custom maps, or free additional content or regular updates on the 360 version, however, there are on the PC. That's pretty much the only reason I'm giving this game a nine. -- I bought it after hearing a few of my friends talk about it, and that's one of the most amazing things about the Left 4 Dead games, I think. The levels themselves stay the same, but the experience is different every time. As someone from Valve said, it promotes "organic storytelling." This happens over and over, for the same game. There are only several types of enemies, and yet every time you play, the experience is different. A look into the developer's comments (included with the Game of the Year version, at least) gave me a good idea of just how much thought was put into every aspect of this game. -- The graphics aren't breath-taking and miraculous, but the techniques put into the development of the graphics certainly are. Music and sound effects are used as audio cues to alert players to where enemies may be hiding. I mentioned in another review, actually, that it is these things that will be remembered several years from now, rather than a game having 'the best' graphics, or 'the best' shallow trait. -- I bought Left 4 Dead over a year ago, and have played it regularly since then. It never lost any of its fun value over that time. Expand
  8. Jan 6, 2011
    Left 4 Dead has everything i want in a survival game exciting and realistic i rate this game top marks and will recommend it to anyone who is in to survival games.
  9. Jan 25, 2011
    At the time of posting, 26897 zombies had been harmed playing of this game by yours truly. Now assume I kill an average of four hundred or so each time I play a level. Do the math. I've played Left 4 Dead that many times. And I will continue to do so, it's that much fun. I don't think I can give any better praise than that...

Want to read the full review? Go to
    http://thereplayreview.blogspot.com! Expand
  10. Jul 18, 2011
    Before Left 4 Dead's release, I had always wanted an intense shooter that pits you against a city full of flesh hungry zombies. So needless to say when I heard about Left 4 Dead, I was all over it, and I'm happy to say that Valve did not disappoint. This game is pretty much the game I had been wishing for since I first saw Dawn of the Dead (2004). Left 4 Dead is an intense, pulse pounding first person shooter that has been brilliantly created with an A.I. director that constantly changes the item locations and enemy spawn locations, making each time you play a campaign different than the last time you played it. This game strongly relies on its multiplayer, which is no less than spectacular. Playing with three other "survivors" in a zombie apocalypse is something that even today still hasn't gotten old. The versus mode is another great multiplayer mode that allows you to play as the survivors, then the infected or vise-versa in a four on four match. Another thing that makes versus so good is the fact that its completely balanced. The graphics are a bit old, but within respected tolerances. The voice acting is great and the dialogue actually made me laugh out loud in a few times. The only reason this game doesn't achieve perfection is because of lack of content, but the only reason this is a complaint is because the game is so much fun, that I just keep wanting more and more. This game delivered exactly what any zombie media fan could want and is easily one of the funnest games I've ever played. Expand
  11. Jan 12, 2012
    If this game had a way to punish players that **** out and rage quit I'd have to give it a 10/10, The environment and atmosphere gives pure adrenaline, game play is engrossing and winning a match feels extremely rewarding.
  12. Sep 30, 2012
    Left 4 Dead serves as gory, brutal and mindless First Person Shooter fun that often provides same startling jolts and really fun gameplay. Fans of first person shooters and zombies will surely love this.
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is so much fun when you play it with a friend. I think if you play it alone it is boring so I recommend only playing this with friends. This doesnt have any replay value though. Its better just to rent or something and then give it back.
  14. Aug 4, 2012
    One of the best FPS games of all time. The characters are entertaining, the level design is great too. The games only flaw is the variety of weapons, of which there is around 5. The game has superb multilayer and really encourages teamwork. If you like FPS games, zombies and playing with friends, check this game out!
  15. Dec 27, 2012
    This was the game that got me into gaming as a hobby. My friend raved about this game for the longest time and so finally I went out and bought a crappy Xbox 360 Arcade just so that I could play this game. It was the best thing I have ever bought in my life. The intense gameplay that kept me and my friends coming back, the endlessly replayable levels, and the charming characters made me a L4D fan. I have spent hours and hours and hours of my life killing zombies with a friend on the couch next to me. I am a huge Resident Evil fan but this is without a doubt my favorite zombie game. Even though it has no real story this game holds up extremely well. Enjoy! Expand
  16. May 12, 2013
    Tell me again, what survival horror fan doesn't like blasting a few hundred zombies in the head every now and again?
    With Left 4 Dead, you'll get to kill zombies. Morbidly obese zombies that vomit on you and attract the main horde, skittish zombies that attack you when you startle them, zombies with a cat-like prowess who try to hunt you down. It's fun, it's simple. It's what we want in a
    zombie game. Expand
  17. Jun 3, 2013
    Valve is now my favorite game company, all thanks to this game! I've never played an actual "good" zombie game, aside from RE, and 'Left 4 Dead' is just what I needed! 4 player co-op has never been so fun!
  18. Dec 2, 2013
    When first playing Left 4 Dead I was alone and playing by myself, it took my 30mins just to walk 30 meters. I was petrified. Left 4 Dead was purposely made to be played on multiplayer and this is where the game shins. Valve has successfully made an action packed *fast paced* zombie game, which will leave you on the edge of your sit the entire ride. Do not expect to play an emotion story driven game as this is nothing but. Expand
  19. Sep 13, 2014
    Left 4 Dead is still one of the best multiplayer videogames of all time. The gameplay is a ton of fun for friends, and is a must own for Xbox 360 owners.
  20. Jul 14, 2014
    I really love playing this game! The campaign is great for it keeps me compelled to play by myself or with friends. The online feature is great for it can get boring playing by yourself and the ai can be too dumb to save you or to be helpful. Survival is a great feature in which you just have to survive long enough.
  21. Jun 6, 2011

1. Left 4 Dead's simplicity offers purity of gameplay - the same reason that gamers keep returning to classic arcade games. Come to think of it, with a handful of levels and unpredictable events happening within them, Left 4 Dead has more in common with "Ms. Pac-Man" than just the eating. It's the same thing over and over - but when simple ingredients are perfectly prepared, what could be a mere snack becomes a feast. This one just happens to be on human flesh. [Holiday 2008, p.32]
    There's absolutely no doubt that Left 4 Dead is one of the most social and exciting multiplayer games that we've ever played. It's almost pitch perfect in how it captures the tension and the action of a Hollywood zombie movie.
    The inventive and highly entertaining competitive multiplayer mode just adds to the experience, and we're looking forward to seeing what Valve's got planned for the game's future. Out of all the titles that have shaped the Year of Living Cooperatively, this may be the best experience of them all.