7.6

1. Nov 24, 2013
    My family have pre-ordered every Lego Xbox game and have played to 100% (in-game and achievements) on every one. We love this series, but this game has ruined it for us. The game is broken. For example, on the Stark Tower freeplay you can get 11 Minikits. Since 11 is not equal to 10, we can't get the comics page nor the gold brick. The game freezes every gameplay session (we have a year old 360 Slim and the game installed on the hard drive). The flight mechanic is unwieldy, much worse than the reticule in Lego DC, and since there are a dozen flight-oriented races, after hours of trying and controllers thrown, we are giving up. On many of the remote driving (where you aren't inside the car), the thumbsticks stop working after one or two gates in a race, the car just goes straight. The characters are regularly offscreen in co-op play (the main reason my family gets these games, so we can play together) we have a 42" HDTV, so it's not a matter of screen real-estate, it is the lousy camera. If Player One clicks the save in a mission, Player Two has to actually maneuver the menu and vice-versa. When the game flashes a blue "X" to press, they mean "B" much of the time (though not all of the time). On a philosophical level, most of the city roaming (which is indeed fun), doesn't encourage co-op play, just two different people roaming around, and this is against the spirit that drew us to the game. As I mentioned above, we pre-ordered every game so every dime possible could go to the developers. If we pick up whatever the next iteration is, we will buy it used. This is a ROTTEN game and has soured us on the franchise. Expand
  2. Apr 13, 2014
    LEGO's latest attempt to turn every franchise into LEGO and the formula is waring thin. The only new ideas are very small and lacklustre. Sure there is a huge selection of characters and a large open world but it's very bland and mainly exists to find new characters. Story is very cheesy and way too childish to be any good. Don't waste your money on this.
  3. Dec 31, 2013
    The game felt the same way as the other games did and honestly, it's pretty boring. They need to change the series up and at least make the Lego games fun again. Sorry Lego.
  4. Jun 1, 2014
    Awful controls, awful camera angles, awful roster - scientist? damage control? Not all buttons are used for playing and some buttons have 2 functions while O does nothing - example deadpool. No funny jokes, asgard pack DLC sucks(8 characters and 5 of them are copy and paste characters with only one action button and other 3 are mehh, not gonna use them)
    This game is not worth its money.
  5. Oct 9, 2014
    If you enjoy guessing what to do for hours on end, this is the gam for you! Just another cash grab for Lego. Wonder if they will do a guardian of the galaxy... LEL

1. Dec 25, 2013
    A heroic addition to the series. [Jan 2014, p.82]
  2. Dec 17, 2013
    The game playfully prods at the ridiculousness that is superhero culture, but it does so in a respectful and knowing way. [Issue#142, p.106]
  3. Dec 16, 2013
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is easy to recommend to both casual and dedicated comics fans. It sticks pretty close to the time-tested formula for LEGO games, and I'm sure that most fans of the series wouldn't want it any other way.