6.8

1. Mar 9, 2011
    Definitely a big improvement over MLB 2K10- which was a huge improvement over the mistake that was MLB 2K9, so it's safe to say that the 2K series of baseball is finally coming into it's own. Right off the bat "no pun intended" you will see a big step up in the visual department from last years outing, player models look much better as well as the smoothed out textures in the stadiums andDefinitely a big improvement over MLB 2K10- which was a huge improvement over the mistake that was MLB 2K9, so it's safe to say that the 2K series of baseball is finally coming into it's own. Right off the bat "no pun intended" you will see a big step up in the visual department from last years outing, player models look much better as well as the smoothed out textures in the stadiums and crowds. Commentary is once again the best in current sports titles with Kruk leading the way with endless baseball stats, My Player mode has seen a nice boost in several departments- as well as some much needed fine tuning on the pitching-batting-and fielding controls/interfaces. It's not yet up to the standards of Sony's MLB The Show series but 2K11 is definitely a solid game of baseball. Expand
  2. Mar 10, 2011
    The learning curve is a little harsh. Baserunning and feilding can be a bit wonkey. Overall im enjoying the game, and can feel the improvements in the gameplay. Im just scratching the surface, but im having a good time learning the game.
  3. Mar 8, 2011
    Pitching is improved, fun, challenging. Base running and fielding quite competent. Hitting is average to good, could use more directional play. I want to be able to point to where I'm trying to hit, but do like the defensive swinging. Player renderings are better, which means good enough now, stadiums and fans excellent, broadcasting is stellar. Rosters are updated to the minute. That'sPitching is improved, fun, challenging. Base running and fielding quite competent. Hitting is average to good, could use more directional play. I want to be able to point to where I'm trying to hit, but do like the defensive swinging. Player renderings are better, which means good enough now, stadiums and fans excellent, broadcasting is stellar. Rosters are updated to the minute. That's baseball folks. In a nutshell, the game is now worth your time and money . Dig in. Expand
  4. May 22, 2011
    First of all, lets clear something up. Yes there are two baseball games available for the xbox 360, the other being The Bigs 2 also made by 2KSports. Thought the two couldn't be more different. The Bigs 2 offers baseball fans a very easy arcade version of the sport, where as MLB2K11 offers fans of the sport the perfect version of baseball, how it should be made.

I'll be honest with you,

I'll be honest with you, if your a baseball fan (and I know there not many here in the UK) and I am, this is the best baseball game ever made for the xbox 360 and at present the only baseball game you'll need. If your owner of the PS3 then your've MLB The Show, but for us xbox 360 owners, we've MLB 2K11 and I know its on the PS3 also.

Lets get to the nitty gritty. I'll be brief here. There are no arcade elements in this great game thankfully, pitching is easy and brilliant, batting is again brilliant, fielding is very well done and easy to do, the graphics are sublime, all the 30 MLB stadiums have been beautifully recreated to make you think your actually there. The players are ok graphically, nothing like fifa, but then you have thousands more players in baseball than football. In short if you like baseball and your an xbox 360 owner then this is for you. An absolute must buy. Though a major negative, the availablity is a little on the short side if you wanna purchase this baby here in the UK, amazon currently sell it at shy under £50, which in my eyes is daylight robbery (though its not actually amazon selling it, its a sub shop if you know what I mean), so the place to buy this bad boy is ebay.com, I bought mine from iCyberstore as a guide, they take about two weeks to deliver and it comes from Hong Kong, but don't fear, it does work on UK consoles, oh and it only costs a shy under £30 which I think is perfect, just like the game. Happy gaming!!!
  5. Mar 14, 2011
    MLB 2k11 may not of undergone an entire facelift from last year's game, however, for this reason I find it to be one of the top games currently on shelves. The new Dynamic Player Ratings will give the player a greater feel for the game for the game will be in tune with what trends are occurring in the MLB Season. Gameplay itself has also become much more realistic. No longer can you paintMLB 2k11 may not of undergone an entire facelift from last year's game, however, for this reason I find it to be one of the top games currently on shelves. The new Dynamic Player Ratings will give the player a greater feel for the game for the game will be in tune with what trends are occurring in the MLB Season. Gameplay itself has also become much more realistic. No longer can you paint the strike zone with a pitcher who's rating is poor, and bullpen pitchers cannot go through extremely long outings to close a game. The only drawback (a slight one) is that the commentary is not emotional and exciting enough. The lines are well written and give great insight to the game/situation, however, often does the tone of voice detract from the exciting of a bases loaded jam or striking out the side. All things considered, this game continues to improve and make great strides to make improvements. This game is not perfect, but it is great, and worth all the money and hours you invest in it. Expand
  6. Sep 1, 2011
    Still a good game, but ABSOLUTELY not worth $59.99 for MLB 2k10 owners in the US. Same exact thing, but just recolored from blue-ish to yellow on the main menu. Bad online gaming also makes this game a very average game this year for Baseball fans
  7. Jun 6, 2013
    It takes a bit to get used to, but MLB 2K11 is yet another successful and good sports game released by 2K Sports. For me, the My Player mode seals the deal. It's fun, not nearly as aggravating as NBA 2K11's.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Major League Baseball 2K11 has the fortunate (for 2K) distinction of being the only Xbox 360 baseball game, and one of just two on the PS3. However, it has the dubious distinction (for gamers) of being the one sports game this year that fans should absolutely avoid. If that means taking a year off of baseball, I definitely advise taking that vacation.
  2. Aug 29, 2011
    2K chose to focus on the basics with Major League Baseball 2K11, without trying to innovate too much. But the result remains a simulation-oriented game that works really well, blessed with excellent production values, a great atmosphere, and an ergonomic management system for the teams. It still lacks the fresh and innovative ideas to become the definitive Baseball simulation that will shower your living-room with action-packed games.
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK