7.1

1. Feb 24, 2011
    The main thing about this game that makes it better are the graphics. otherwise it sucks. there are less characters, les fighting modes, and its the same as the last game. if only capcom had changed it up a little more than the score would have been better.
  2. Feb 15, 2011
    That´s an awful ride... All too easy, and the special moves (for the characters from MVC2) are the SAME ! Skip it, and keep playing MVC2.
  3. Feb 22, 2011
    This game is a catastrophe! I am a huge fan of MvC2, have played it for dozens of hours and MvC3 is like a cruel joke to me. Removing the difference between punch and kick alone is enough for me to call Capcom crazy but then they have also no tons of unlockables that had me playing MvC2 for 75 hours in single player alone! And then there is of course the smaller than expected characterThis game is a catastrophe! I am a huge fan of MvC2, have played it for dozens of hours and MvC3 is like a cruel joke to me. Removing the difference between punch and kick alone is enough for me to call Capcom crazy but then they have also no tons of unlockables that had me playing MvC2 for 75 hours in single player alone! And then there is of course the smaller than expected character line-up with some fan favourites not included and the tactic of releasing DLC right at the launch of the game. It is just awful all around. Expand
  4. nah
    Feb 16, 2011
    I would say realistically while this game is pretty, it lacks the complexity that I expect from a Capcom fighter. Yes there is depth in the very basic control scheme, but making it so simple removes the challenge of playing. I was also hoping for a significantly larger cast in comparison to what is offered in the game. Most people have argued that the size of the cast and the simplisticI would say realistically while this game is pretty, it lacks the complexity that I expect from a Capcom fighter. Yes there is depth in the very basic control scheme, but making it so simple removes the challenge of playing. I was also hoping for a significantly larger cast in comparison to what is offered in the game. Most people have argued that the size of the cast and the simplistic controls is for balancing everything but I do not see that. There are characters with obvious advantages over other characters that do not balance out. The first in this list that comes to mind for me is X-23. The other major problem that I see with this game specifically is that the simplified control scheme favors someone who doesn't know what they are doing over the precision that is required to move from punches to kicks and back into a high punch launch combo. While it makes the genre more approachable it doesn't help a person to transition from this to something like street fighter. All it does is create an even larger gap between the player who prefers the less complex control scheme and the people who can actually play a street fighter game. This is what was great about MvC2 it had a somewhat simplified control scheme but did not sacrifice the traditional controls of the genre. You will quickly find that if you map these controls to an arcade stick that it is not very intuitive especially when dealing with the "launch" button. Overall its a very underwhelming title. For me it was a backwards step from where MvC2 was. Expand
  5. Feb 26, 2011
    Capcom kinda messed this up. On one hand they simplified the control scheme so casual players can easily gain access to the game. On the other hand the stripped back modes, limited offline play and emphasis on online play lean towards hardcore gamers/tournament players. I would say while I like fighters, I would have to be a casual gamer, and I am really doubting if I should everyCapcom kinda messed this up. On one hand they simplified the control scheme so casual players can easily gain access to the game. On the other hand the stripped back modes, limited offline play and emphasis on online play lean towards hardcore gamers/tournament players. I would say while I like fighters, I would have to be a casual gamer, and I am really doubting if I should every actually keep the game. The fighting is solid, but I don't know how to do the flashy techniques that I would see in gameplay videos... why? Because there is no true tutorial mode. Mission mode is a chore, even going through it, I still don't understand how to do half of these things. I was also hoping for (the as promised) story mode, but Capcom somehow did not follow through. There is just arcade mode.....and thats it.
    Finally the character roster is alright, not the best. They were leaning towards more well known, modern games for Capcom and I guess whoever Marvel wanted for their side. Yet the charm for Marvel vs Capcom 1/2 was the combination on these completely random characters. In removing veterans like Megaman (in which including NONE of his incarnations makes no sense), Captain Commando, Strider and Jin, the legacy of Capcom is kinda just not there. Hell, they go and include MODOK and Dormammu ascharacters when its obvious that casuals wouldnt know who the hell they were, why does this then apply to Capcom characters? Makes no sense.

Anyway this game just doesn't work for me. As a basic fighter it is spot on, but as an overall package it is lacking. I recently bought Power Stone Collection for PSP and I found that alot more fulfilling an experience for a game thats around 10 years old. But I guess Capcom know that the ones that love this game so much will be the ones that will shell out the dollars for the crazy amounts of DLC that this game needs to feel like a complete package.
  6. Mar 14, 2011
    I have a blast playing this game by myself. However, I become frustrated when I try to play people of my (admittedly low) skill level, and they've been playing since launch and just beat the tar out of me. I don't claim to be good, but I wish I could play people of my own skill and not feel like I'm a toddler getting kneecapped by a soldier.
  7. Apr 18, 2011
    I was just waiting for 3 or 4 games this year, one of them was this one and, for me, is the biggest disappointment of the year, I don't understand how capcom ruined one of the best fighting games ever made, maybe they just don't want SSF4 get surpassed by this game (sorry for my bad spelling).
  8. Feb 17, 2011
    MvC3 is not what we were expecting, and for fans of MvC2, it's not what we wanted, either. The gameplay has been reduced in complexity, with high/med/low kick/punch now replaced with a basic H/M/L + Special system. The Special attack amounts to a launcher to make starting air combos easier. Much of the depth has been stripped away, which in fact was probably necessary, given that theMvC3 is not what we were expecting, and for fans of MvC2, it's not what we wanted, either. The gameplay has been reduced in complexity, with high/med/low kick/punch now replaced with a basic H/M/L + Special system. The Special attack amounts to a launcher to make starting air combos easier. Much of the depth has been stripped away, which in fact was probably necessary, given that the obvious focus of MvC3 is on it's appearance. The screen is a seizure-inducing blur of action that cannot be followed, with some of it even occuring off screen, so the simplified controls make sense in light of the very difficult to follow action.

Overall, MvC3 is all flash, very little substance, and more of a cash-in for Capcom, given that the license and existing fanbase will allow them to spew out endless DLC with characters and costumes. if you have SSF4, BlazBlue, and enjoy them, you can do yourself a favor and skip this lowest-common demoninator effort.
  9. ccc
    Feb 18, 2011
    This is the biggest steaming pile of crap I have ever played!
    I have been a fan of this series before it was a series. Starting with X-Men Children of the atom then X-Men Vs Street fighter then Marvel Super Heroes, Then Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter, then Marvel vs Capcom, and Finally Marvel Vs Capcom 2.
    Upon getting this game I was most excited as a new entry hasnt been added to
    This is the biggest steaming pile of crap I have ever played!
    Upon getting this game I was most excited as a new entry hasnt been added to the series in over a decade. My excitement however turned to confusion and cries of NOOOOO shortly after starting the game up. I used Ryu as my first pick and right away I noticed a massive game fail...... The kick and the punch are one in the same now. Seriously? WTF Capcom? Supers are now done with the press of a button and launching is also done with a single button press as is dashing. Basically what skill there was involved in this game is gone and the game caters to the 2-d fighter game "challenged" player. I couldn't help but feel like I was playing the game on an IOS device like the ipod touch or iphone it was made so simple. An untrained monkey could have a go at this game and find success. The game offers two play types, normal and simple. Which translate into I'm stupid and I'm really stupid.
    Bottom line, if you liked MVC2 there is nothing for you here. If you liked MVC2 but really really sucked at it then this might be the fighter you've been waiting for and that's sad. The fact that other sites have given this game 5 star rating shows either the power of the all mighty dollar or just plain ignorance (you know who you are).
    I can honestly say that this is both the worst fighting game ever made and the biggest series flop I have ever seen. Stay away from this at all cost. They already suckered me out 60.00 don't be the next victim.
    Now I gotta find the best way to get most of my money back. Thanks for screwing this up big time Capcom, you truly did take me for a ride.
  10. Dec 27, 2011
    This game blows, i haven't seen a more unbalanced game in my life. this game has such a small roster of characters, and half the characters nobody cares about. Combos are unbreakable. Half the capcom characters can kill any character in the game with one combo. Campers (zoners) just chip all your life away with x-factor. characters have abilities that make no sence. people online onlyThis game blows, i haven't seen a more unbalanced game in my life. this game has such a small roster of characters, and half the characters nobody cares about. Combos are unbreakable. Half the capcom characters can kill any character in the game with one combo. Campers (zoners) just chip all your life away with x-factor. characters have abilities that make no sence. people online only pplay with 5 of the characters because they are the 5 most powerful characters. teleport change-ups run rampant and are impossible to block. wesker, akuma, sentinel over-powered. just trash and UMVC3 is too Expand

1. May 24, 2011
    The fluid and intuitive controls in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 feel great. The graphic effects and the versus mode are truly great too. A wonderful game.
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    Frankly if you're a fighting game fan you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing this excellent title.
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3 might be a bit light in the gaming modes, there's no denying that the core gameplay is solid enough stands on its own and has something to offer for every type of gamer. Fighting fans of all flavors will enjoy the hybrid 2D-meets-3D gameplay, the smooth animations, and the excellent character special moves.