Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360

8.9

1. Nov 30, 2011
    Really a great game. One of the best I've played on the 360. I was a huge fan of Bioware because of KOTOR, but have been disappointed in every offering since then until this one. KOTOR and Fallout 3 are still my favorite RPG's, but this one comes in close. The characters are great, and the story and combat are vastly improved over the first Mass Effect. It's a game that you can easilyReally a great game. One of the best I've played on the 360. I was a huge fan of Bioware because of KOTOR, but have been disappointed in every offering since then until this one. KOTOR and Fallout 3 are still my favorite RPG's, but this one comes in close. The characters are great, and the story and combat are vastly improved over the first Mass Effect. It's a game that you can easily get lost in for a week or so. For about two weeks, I pretty much just got home from work, fired up the Xbox, and played it till it was waaay too late to be going to sleep. There was one big story point I didn't care for much, and I also felt a little betrayed because downloading a free extra character actually messed up my game bad(the character's name is Zaeed. It is intentional by the game-makers, just the way the story works, but I felt a little bit screwed over, and you may not want to bother downloading his content, or at least wait until late in the game and keep a save handy from before you bring him in.) But, all in all, there are so many more interesting characters this time around, and so many more memorable moments, that this game is a huge improvement, in my opinion, over the first Mass Effect. If you like Sci-fi and RPG's, I think you'll have a blast with this game, and at $20 now, it is a steal. Expand
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than the first but not as good as the third. I like how it makes full use of it's M rating, it's much darker in tone than the first. The opening scene is epic and sad at the same time. But from the first firefight, I noticed that the enemies are much stronger than you are, and its annoying how on the easiest difficulty, enemies can still kill you in a matter of seconds, a broblem I never had with the other 2 games, even the earliest enemies kill you easily. There are still alot of glitches, not as many as the first had, but still enough to be a big annoyance. The story is excellent, again. I really disliked the loyalty system though, if a squad member isn't loyal, they will die in the final mission, and you will one squad member's loyalty eventually and it's hard to get it back. Other than that, this one is much funner than its predeccesor but not as good as its sequal. Expand
  3. Dec 15, 2011
    OK EVERYONE CALM DOWN! LET ME PUT THIS IN PERSPECTIVE FOR YOU ALL!
    OK EVERYONE CALM DOWN! LET ME PUT THIS IN PERSPECTIVE FOR YOU ALL!
    This game isnt perfect; no 10. It also is SOO far from a 0 is insulting and proves how hard it is to please some trolls out there. Back in the 70s when Star Wars V came out, everyone hated it. Years later, its considered the best Star Wars movie. Lets wait to see how ME3 is and how they all come together to form a complete experience.
  4. Jul 12, 2013
    To sum up this game in one word I would have to say Amazing This game is a breath of fresh air after me having played so many crappy games lately I completed this game ages ago and only just recently played through all 3 of the mass effect games again but this is by far my favorite one The universe created by bio ware is so rich and so engaging I believe its on par with Star Wars andTo sum up this game in one word I would have to say Amazing This game is a breath of fresh air after me having played so many crappy games lately I completed this game ages ago and only just recently played through all 3 of the mass effect games again but this is by far my favorite one The universe created by bio ware is so rich and so engaging I believe its on par with Star Wars and Star Trek and in my opinion I find it to be better then both of them The story has you reeled in from the start and I couldn't put this game down once I had started it The RPG elements in it are great and really allow for you to play how you want Be a good or bad guy if you want and the different classes with different powers like Adept and Soldier provide you with being able to play multiple times without ever having it be identical The graphics are also very nice and while aren't the best ever they are very good and do the game justice in that department It's also worth mentioning while the game doesn't have multiplayer the campaign I believe more then makes up for it The soundtrack is superb in this game and hearing every song where you do feels right while it not being as good as the mass effect 1 soundtrack that didn't stop me. The game play is also great in this and has been hugely upgraded from the first the AI is smart and uses cover without just rushing past your squad mates and going directly for you I really thing this game is in the top 5 Xbox 360 games ever. If you are a sci-fi fan this game and the series is a must have My only complaint about Mass Effect 2 isn't even on the game It's just that there is a ton of DLC that seems to cost alot if all bought together But hey that isn't much of a complaint compared to the amount of fun you will have playing this series. Expand
  5. Dec 24, 2011
    Greatest game I've ever played. Wasn't sure whether I would enjoy the series or not but it's absolutely fantastic. Pre-ordered the collectors edition of ME3 and can't wait for it.
  6. Jan 6, 2012
    This may be the best game I've ever played. The voice acting, combat, world design, story, graphics, and characters are all excellent. The highlight of the game is being able to import your character from Mass Effect 1 and see how the decisions you made in the first game impacted the Mass Effect universe. It's honestly one of the most refined, immersive and personal games out there.
  7. Jan 9, 2012
    I think, ME2 main game of 2010. Fantastic story, unique characters, beautiful graphics and high quality sound. More best, then first game. Definitely the best game of 2010 on the Xbox 360. 10 of 10.
  8. Jan 14, 2012
    I normally don't like RPG games, but I love this one. It really stands out of the crowd. It has a great story line, and game-play. The weapon system is great, and it is a personal game, as in, you can really make it into your own by your decisions. This game is a must play by everyone, including those that normally do not like RPG games.
  9. Jan 29, 2012
    10/10. My biggest problem with this game was the text size, I couldn't read it some times. Besides that this is an amazing game with a great story, great characters, intense action, and a good third person shooter with an RPG like story. A lot of people say that this game sucks because its not as RPG. Well this game was meant to be a hybrid between the two. You want a game where your10/10. My biggest problem with this game was the text size, I couldn't read it some times. Besides that this is an amazing game with a great story, great characters, intense action, and a good third person shooter with an RPG like story. A lot of people say that this game sucks because its not as RPG. Well this game was meant to be a hybrid between the two. You want a game where your bullets cause you to gain weight and you need to eat to live? Go play Fallout New Vegas, (which is a great game, not hating on it ) but for those of you who just want to engage in an epic sci fi adventure with characters who make you feel, well then pick up this game. Expand
  10. Feb 20, 2012
    Mass effect was hands down the best game with the best story i have ever played. From start to finish it was an amazingly gripping and incredibly impressive game. taking control of Commander Shepard you jump into Mass effect 2 with thousands of different outcomes, no two games are the same, you can either transfer your story from ME1 or just start here witch is what i did. Their was noMass effect was hands down the best game with the best story i have ever played. From start to finish it was an amazingly gripping and incredibly impressive game. taking control of Commander Shepard you jump into Mass effect 2 with thousands of different outcomes, no two games are the same, you can either transfer your story from ME1 or just start here witch is what i did. Their was no point in the game where i was bored confused or disapointed in the gameplay. you get extremely attached to the characters and intensely involved in the story, and you there will not be one point where you are not enjoying yourself. you can do side missions for each character that will make them lo to you loyal to you. you can probe planets and mine the resources to make upgrades to your ship, and sometimes discover anomalys that you can launch a side mission into, you can shop on the numerous kiosks on all the planets,and not to mention the amazing story. I suggest you do everything possible and deffinatley play the game. You don't have to play the first game to play the second but i suggest that you play the second before the third. I give Mass effect 2 a full 10/10. Expand
  11. Mar 3, 2012
    I just had to dock this game an extra point for disappoint me from what I had expected from ME1. Bioware did improve on many aspects on ME1. They listened to criticism and took out the boring Mako missions... only to replace them with boring satellite shooting missions ( which were a bit more exciting ). The characters back stories were actually more in depth in ME2 and the combat was muchI just had to dock this game an extra point for disappoint me from what I had expected from ME1. Bioware did improve on many aspects on ME1. They listened to criticism and took out the boring Mako missions... only to replace them with boring satellite shooting missions ( which were a bit more exciting ). The characters back stories were actually more in depth in ME2 and the combat was much better. However, ME2 relied too much on combat. now I said Bioware improved on the TPS but it's still a pretty sucky TPS. ME@ got away from what made ME1 great, and that was story. The story was pretty much gather a group of people to do a mission. You don't go forward at all, except for the last mission. It seems as though you don't do anything in the game. The character back story is barely more in depth in ME2 and the only reason for that is because you spend the whole game trying to find your teammates, so its common sense to learn a lot about them. The story and information about the characters just seemed forced. It was a good game on its own but I had to dock it some points for not living up to the hype. Also the dialogue wheel is frustrating albeit funny when you chose something thinking is a joke or not as bad and you Shepard does something like curse off an old lady ( not gonna spoil anything) and you just sit there like wat......... Definitely a game worth buying a may have been a harsh review on my part. Expand
  12. Apr 9, 2012
    An elegant, complex and exciting history. Beside being entertained, very interesting and being set in a fascinating world. ME2 is better than ME, and it is great to say.
  13. Mar 10, 2012
    Mass Effect 2 was a game I had been extremely psyched for. From the moment it was announced to the day of its launch nothing could curb my excitement. Much to my pleasure, the game lived up to it. Did it do it perfectly, absolutely not, but it was a fun experience that provided me with hours of enjoyment. However, I must make it clear, I did not enjoy this game as an RPG, I enjoyed it as aMass Effect 2 was a game I had been extremely psyched for. From the moment it was announced to the day of its launch nothing could curb my excitement. Much to my pleasure, the game lived up to it. Did it do it perfectly, absolutely not, but it was a fun experience that provided me with hours of enjoyment. However, I must make it clear, I did not enjoy this game as an RPG, I enjoyed it as a shooter with a variety of abilities and a deeper than usual story. The lack of any deep RPG aspects was a disappointment seeing as the game came out from one of the top RPG developers in the world. As a shooter though, this game is one of the few that I truly enjoy. With a smooth cover system that never infuriated me, enemy AI that was not entirely stupid (I'm looking at you Lost Planet) and a collection of powers that spiced up combat, I was hooked. To be honest, I still am in many ways. With the massive amount of content in the game, there is much to do and a lot for me to enjoy doing as I replay the game. The story, while there are many detractors, I found to be completely satisfying, making me question whether Cerberus was truly evil and whether or not I wished to fulfill their tasks. Add in the awesome crew members and the amazing loyalty missions (Tali's, Jacob's and Thane's stand out above the rest) and I was deeply engrossed. Topping it off with an explosive finale and upon finishing the credit sequence I was ready to jump right back in. However, the game is not entirely perfect. There were some wacky dialogues with unimportant NPCs and many of the sidequests devolved into irritating fetch quests. Aside from that, the game managed to fulfill my expectations and provide a super fun sci-fi adventure. Expand
  14. Mar 19, 2012
    The 'Empire Strikes Back' of the Mass Effect series. I could write entire paragraphs about this game, but I will save you the time. If you haven't already bought and/or played this game, you are missing out on one of the greatest sci-fi sagas ever created.
  15. Mar 18, 2012
    Even the simplification of many elements from the previous game cannot beat the fact that we became witnesses of the most compelling and deep plots in the industry. The darker, extremely detailed and more violent world, highly individualistic characters, mature drama and nearly breathtaking action made it a unique game. It's almost a crime if you didn't play it (of course you did).
  16. Mar 21, 2012
    I was a bit disappointed with some of the elements removed from the series with ME2, but as a solidly written game where your choices had noticeable effect on the game world the problems I had were absorbed by the experience and balanced out so they didn't really detract from the overall experience.
  17. Mar 21, 2012
    A must buy game. This game hits everything right. Another fantastic dialogue and improved combat scenarios. You also get more squad mates and establish relationships with them. Graphics are fantastic and very well done storyline. Only minor flaws the prob mini game is really boring after 3 planets.
  18. Nov 29, 2012
    After being attacked by a mysterious alien ship whilst searching for Geth, the Normandy is destroyed, crew dispanded and Shepard dead. One year later and an mysterious pro-human activist group named Cerberus have resurrected Shepard in the hope that he can save the galaxy once more. An alien race known as the Collectors are attacking human colonies and stealing the inhabitants away forAfter being attacked by a mysterious alien ship whilst searching for Geth, the Normandy is destroyed, crew dispanded and Shepard dead. One year later and an mysterious pro-human activist group named Cerberus have resurrected Shepard in the hope that he can save the galaxy once more. An alien race known as the Collectors are attacking human colonies and stealing the inhabitants away for twisted experiments. You will need an elite team of highly trained operatives, a loyal crew and a will to die for the good of humanity, they do not expect you to survive...prove them wrong.
    With highly refined shooting Mass Effect is back and better than ever, a 40+ hour story and a stellar cast of crew members makes this the best Mass Effect yet.
  19. Apr 3, 2012
    Newer but not entirely better. There's been a shift that's noticeable. Similar to Dragon Age 2, Bioware is trying to reach a broader audience. This is done by beefing the shooter aspect and narrowing the RPG aspect. Fewer powers, few choices for load-outs and armor, and worst of all, much less exploration. Where once I walked the surface of a planet and explored a sandbox area, now I amNewer but not entirely better. There's been a shift that's noticeable. Similar to Dragon Age 2, Bioware is trying to reach a broader audience. This is done by beefing the shooter aspect and narrowing the RPG aspect. Fewer powers, few choices for load-outs and armor, and worst of all, much less exploration. Where once I walked the surface of a planet and explored a sandbox area, now I am confined to scanning planet surfaces and flying down with a specific goal. Luckily these goals vary and are not boring. But the tedious mining task is not a substitution for actual exploring. Still, it's amazing to see the result of choices made in the original game and the story is the bed salute to dirty dozen type movies. This game is nearly perfect. Expand
  20. May 7, 2012
    From start to finish it was an amazing experience for me. Never got bored of it at all. This game is in my top 5 list of game's of all time now. I'm just so amazed with it. Mass Effect 2 10/10 [A must buy]
  21. Aug 5, 2012
    This is the best game in the trilogy, and probably one of the most entertaining games ever made. The player has the feeling that he's playing inside a movie and writing his own story. Pure awesomeness!
  22. Apr 25, 2012
    Another awesome Mass Effect game, with better game mechanics than the first one, and tons more side quests and stories. Only negatives were that the character leveling system was too watered down and simplified, and a lot of cut-scenes look awful with their lack of anti-aliasing.
  23. May 21, 2012
    ME2 is a brilliant game. The graphic, the atmosphere and the characters catch you deep in a story about all or nothing. Sometimes the storytelling is a bit slow, but this is just my opinion. I love this game and play it many times - One of the games I would tell 'Game of the Year'.
  24. Jun 4, 2012
    This is literally my favorite game of all time. The gameplay, the story and the characters are all fantastic. The ending is epic and the brilliance of Bioware is displayed perfectly in this game.
  25. Jun 15, 2012
    In my opinion, this is the best game ever made. I notice most people are complaining about the loading screens, I didn't really think that this was an important part of the game. Everything was so much more fluid than the first instalment, things just worked a bit better. I fell in love with the first game and the second game just renewed my love of the in depth characters.
  26. Jul 11, 2012
    An improvement on the first installment, Mass Effect 2 leaves nothing to the imagination. It has the best ending I've ever played on a game. You will get very emotionally attached to this one.
  27. Jul 21, 2012
    . Shooting mechanics
    . Level design

Bad points:
    . Scanning planets

Overall I think this Mass Effect 2 is one of the best, if not the best, game I have ever played.
  28. Jul 21, 2012
    The perfect blend of action and RPG elements, Mass Effect 2 takes an already amazing prequel to new heights. With vivid and intriguing worlds, and a deep, immersive story to delve into where one could play and replay several times.
  29. Aug 4, 2012
    Mass Effect 2 may be the best game in Mass Effect series, however the fans of the previous game could be disappointed at first and that's okay. The game has less RPG elements than before. Weapons have no descriptions so you have to field test them and there aren't many weapons, but each is unique and no weapon is better or worse than the other. The game ads new semi and heavy weapons.Mass Effect 2 may be the best game in Mass Effect series, however the fans of the previous game could be disappointed at first and that's okay. The game has less RPG elements than before. Weapons have no descriptions so you have to field test them and there aren't many weapons, but each is unique and no weapon is better or worse than the other. The game ads new semi and heavy weapons. Weapons can still be upgraded and you get the chance to upgrade your ship and your face (renegade Shepard will stand out). Combat has been improved, but not perfected. If you don't strategies your powers, than you will be getting hard time, but if you use powers where they are needed, you will beat the game on insanity. Fans will be disappointed by the almost no progression of the main storyline. However the story focuses more on the galaxy your in and your squad. There are very interesting characters and you will enjoy the main storyline in this game. The decisions you made in ME1 will be noticeable, but don't make a huge change. Even if you haven't played ME1 you will dive in the plot with no problem thanks to the detailed codex and the careful focus on the details in this game. The side missions have been perfected and you will enjoy a lot of them, but this comes with the price of scanning planets that is extremely boring unless you go and visit Venus. The DLC's Overlord, Lair of The Shadow Broker and Kasumi's Lost Memory are also worth buying. The game uses the same good old dialogue wheel and the customization options. The soundtracks of the game are worthy, but there are two that are annoying and also one epic. The final mission may be the greatest mission and ending in video gaming history. All your work in the game is displayed very well and makes a difference. Do very bad choices and you may not make it. There is one minor problem with Garrus if you play the game you will notice it and find it annoying and funny. Even the RPG elements are less the game still is worth playing and can stand toe to teo with ME1. Expand
  30. Aug 7, 2012
    I absolutely LOVED this game, the combat wasn't perfect, but in the mass effect series people don't tend to focus on the combat, I loved the story, I loved how I could control the outcomes of multiple scenarios, and it left me very very much looking forward to Mass Effect 3, knowing that my adventures could continue in what should have been an amazing end to the trilogy, I was very upsetI absolutely LOVED this game, the combat wasn't perfect, but in the mass effect series people don't tend to focus on the combat, I loved the story, I loved how I could control the outcomes of multiple scenarios, and it left me very very much looking forward to Mass Effect 3, knowing that my adventures could continue in what should have been an amazing end to the trilogy, I was very upset by how much of a let down it was. Expand
  31. Apr 18, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game. The combat is pretty good at its core, with an awesome variety of classes and powers, and the general gameplay and controls are also pretty good. But the game's main selling point is the story, universe, characters and dialogue; the theme/lore/universe is very, very interesting, the story is very strong, the dialogue wheel and morality system is brilliant, theAbsolutely amazing game. The combat is pretty good at its core, with an awesome variety of classes and powers, and the general gameplay and controls are also pretty good. But the game's main selling point is the story, universe, characters and dialogue; the theme/lore/universe is very, very interesting, the story is very strong, the dialogue wheel and morality system is brilliant, the writing is to a very high quality, and the characters are very interesting. The game also has great replay value.

The only place where I could fault it is the HUD/menus/interface, which are kind of annoying to look at/navigate through and difficult to read sometimes... definitely could use some improvement. But that is way too minor a matter to detract a point off.

In short, enjoyable and original game with cool gameplay and an excellent story. Would definitely recommend.
  32. Nov 13, 2012
    My #1 game of all time. Beautiful graphics. Teriffic characters. Superb story. Smooth controls. God like music. Everything is great about this game! A must play for anybody.
  33. Nov 30, 2012
    Im going to keep it short. i've been playing games since the Commodore64 as a child, through the Amiga 500, nearly all the consoles, PC and current gen. Mass Effect 2 is in my top 5 all time games easily, its probably top 3 and a contender for my all time favourite. Its a fantastic and epic tale that weaves across the universe as imagined by the game series. It build upon the greatness ofIm going to keep it short. i've been playing games since the Commodore64 as a child, through the Amiga 500, nearly all the consoles, PC and current gen. Mass Effect 2 is in my top 5 all time games easily, its probably top 3 and a contender for my all time favourite. Its a fantastic and epic tale that weaves across the universe as imagined by the game series. It build upon the greatness of the first and expands on it with brilliant storytelling and atmosphere, its a feat few modern action/adventure games can achieve at this scale, its truly wonderful and a brilliant piece of science fiction overall. Its a game that will have you love and hate its characters for all the right reasons, they will live and die by your choices. there are few games where i have played through the story 3 or more times, i can count them on one hand, heck on 3 fingers. This is one of them, a truly epic and wonderful game. Expand
  34. Dec 9, 2012
    This game is one of the best ever played. Fully immersive story mixed with heart-pounding combat and choices with large consequences. This is a polished beauty that really shows BioWare knows what they are doing. Keep it up.
  35. Dec 14, 2012
    Mass Effect 2 takes everything that worked from the first game and makes them better. Everything that didn't work, they took out or improved. By far the strongest, and my personal favorite, of the series. Stunning visuals, great characters, fun missions, and an epic story that goes far deeper than the first game. I can not fault this game in any way. it is as close to perfect as I couldMass Effect 2 takes everything that worked from the first game and makes them better. Everything that didn't work, they took out or improved. By far the strongest, and my personal favorite, of the series. Stunning visuals, great characters, fun missions, and an epic story that goes far deeper than the first game. I can not fault this game in any way. it is as close to perfect as I could ever hope for. Overall: A master piece. No need to say any more. Expand
  36. Feb 18, 2013
    Mass Effect started off as a new a bright idea. From the first game it was obvious that the series would have a bright future with a unique and diverse way of showing people that it was different from the other games of its time. Not only did it path a way for alternate stories to develop depending on a player's decisions, it also expanded the expectations of an open-world game. MassMass Effect started off as a new a bright idea. From the first game it was obvious that the series would have a bright future with a unique and diverse way of showing people that it was different from the other games of its time. Not only did it path a way for alternate stories to develop depending on a player's decisions, it also expanded the expectations of an open-world game. Mass Effect 2 greatly improved from the original. My review for the first Mass Effect complained about the constant frame rate issues and texture popping. Luckily, Mass Effect 2 has no issues with texture pops or frame rate! It finally feels polished enough to play. I am also very happy to say that save points have been added more frequently so you no longer have to restart from the beginning or close to the beginning of a mission. Now the story was very well done for Mass Effect but in No. 2, the story is even more complex and you finally get to see your choices expand and change things. There are also many new characters in this sequel and it is nice to see more side missions featuring your companions. Mass Effect 2 truly is a great improvement from the first one. I suggest to anyone interested in the Mass Effect series to try out the second game. it is where Bioware really shows off their star series. Expand
  37. Dec 26, 2012
    Wonderful. A great sequel to ME (unlike others I've seen), and improved combat system. Great how they didn't change a thing with dialogue options, and allowed us to import all decisions.
  38. Jan 7, 2013
    I've been playing this game for about a week, and so far I like just as much at ME 1. The playing options are quite extensive, giving you plenty of options to 'tweak' your actions. See characters from ME 1 and being able to import your previous character is a cool touch. I don't like how you can't remove your helmet in the middle of a quest/mission like you could in ME 1. The GalaxyI've been playing this game for about a week, and so far I like just as much at ME 1. The playing options are quite extensive, giving you plenty of options to 'tweak' your actions. See characters from ME 1 and being able to import your previous character is a cool touch. I don't like how you can't remove your helmet in the middle of a quest/mission like you could in ME 1. The Galaxy navigation is clumsy and confusing. The Level Up is different and not as detailed as in ME 1, but its OK. I haven't figured out how to upgrade weapons and gear, but that just means I'll have to play more. I like how the characters personalities have changed (you'll have to play to find out what I mean) The graphics and sound effects are very good. I turned off the music so I can't comment on it. This game is going to take a long time to complete, which I like. I also don't care for the way you scan/explore planets, but I didn't like the way it was done in ME 1. Expand
  39. May 9, 2014
    By far the best in the trilogy. I got bored driving that dune buggy across empty space in number 1 and 3 I just felt was number 2 only less interesting. Rip the series for not ending the way you wanted, you crying, whiny little spoiled, sniveling c*nts, but this game is still one of my top 10 of all time, even with the downgraded RPG customizations.
  40. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's incredibly personal while still retaining a sense of epic sweeping scale. The combat and mission design are outstanding. The visuals, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are miles ahead of the competition. Perhaps most impressively, Mass Effect 2 manages to fulfill its incredible ambition while only suffering from very few technical hiccups. Expand
  41. May 3, 2014
    Mass Effect 2 isn't the Empires Strikes Back of the trilogy (That movie actually featured a story). What you have here is a sequel with a refined combat system and a plethora of strong characters (some of the best in Video-games). All depth in gameplay has been woefully simplified -- which is fine because the original was teetering on the line of action game and RPG -- but I find that itMass Effect 2 isn't the Empires Strikes Back of the trilogy (That movie actually featured a story). What you have here is a sequel with a refined combat system and a plethora of strong characters (some of the best in Video-games). All depth in gameplay has been woefully simplified -- which is fine because the original was teetering on the line of action game and RPG -- but I find that it hurts the game more than it helps it. Refining is one thing, but completely scrapping content hurts the overall product. Play it for characters and combat alone Expand
  42. Nov 13, 2013
    Mass Effect 2 strives to be deeper and more epic than its predecessor, but can it live up to the hype. The story take place a little after Mass Effect, as Commander Shepard is thrown right back into the action. Mass Effect 2 has a setting where you can import your character from the original. This is the best way to play Mass Effect 2, but creating a new is still a good way to play, youMass Effect 2 strives to be deeper and more epic than its predecessor, but can it live up to the hype. The story take place a little after Mass Effect, as Commander Shepard is thrown right back into the action. Mass Effect 2 has a setting where you can import your character from the original. This is the best way to play Mass Effect 2, but creating a new is still a good way to play, you just won't get all the little hints and easter eggs from the first. The game play has slightly changes, as it is not squarely RPG focused. Instead it has more of a third-person shooter vibe with some RPG elements mixed in. The graphics still have have buggy feel, some of the lips match the dialogue, and glitches still occur, but not as bad as the first. Mass Effect 2 might not have the awe-inspiring story of the first, but is more about its characters. It makes slight but necessary changes to the game play and graphics that make Mass Effect 2 an overall better experience than the original. Expand
  43. Feb 11, 2013
    This game is an all around masterpiece if you enjoy an RPG Third Person Shooter hybrid drenched in story. Everything that weighed the original ME down has been lifted; the clunky inventory, the Mako, and the cover system have all been revamped or removed to improve the game play. The story is exciting and creating a rag tag team of suicidal survivalists is an absolute joy. Every characterThis game is an all around masterpiece if you enjoy an RPG Third Person Shooter hybrid drenched in story. Everything that weighed the original ME down has been lifted; the clunky inventory, the Mako, and the cover system have all been revamped or removed to improve the game play. The story is exciting and creating a rag tag team of suicidal survivalists is an absolute joy. Every character that joins you has an interesting story worth learning more about. And Shephard continues to be the character you want him to be. He can be societies savior or a brutal get it done at all costs war machine. A classic game. Expand
  44. Jun 24, 2013
    This is how you make a good sequel. Mass Effect 2 takes everything good from the original Mass Effect and perfects it. The gameplay is smoother, there are far less technical issues, and there are a lot of character to team up with. My only gripes with this game are as follows:
    1. There are less RPG elements that the first game. This isn't really bad, but it takes away from the first game's depth.
    2. The ending of the game isn't as satisfying as the first. Mass Effect 2's ending seems to lead more into the 3rd game than it does wrap of the 2nd game's story. I feel as though the quality of the games' endings got worse and worse throughout the series, with 1 having the best ending and 3 having the worst.

Regardless of those gripes, this game is still a must play for everyone. It's definitely one of the best games of this generation.
  45. May 23, 2013
    After porting my Shepard from the first Mass Effect I had to deal with change of gameplay. Which was odd, but I managed to get back into the swing of things. But at the cost again of weapon restrictions (Only for so long till a certain level). My new powers made me feel like the badass I wanted to be. For some reason my last character still gave the bonus powers so combining Sentinel'sAfter porting my Shepard from the first Mass Effect I had to deal with change of gameplay. Which was odd, but I managed to get back into the swing of things. But at the cost again of weapon restrictions (Only for so long till a certain level). My new powers made me feel like the badass I wanted to be. For some reason my last character still gave the bonus powers so combining Sentinel's Tech Armor and Geth Shield Boost I could withstand good amounts of damage and not worrying of dying so often like the first one. Characters still felt the same, but loyalty missions added backstory and added gameplay, always a good combination. Expand
  46. May 7, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game! improved combat, improved interact with your pls, better looking. However, as the middle episode, the story made no contribute and progress to the mainplot. however, still a complete (i.e, not rushed) game, still can feel how much loves the developers put into this game. I just love playing a well-done game,. (cannot tolerant half-ass-ed game like ME3,)
  47. Apr 4, 2013
    MY SECOND BEST RPG EVER
    Good
    MY SECOND BEST RPG EVER
    Good
    Great Graphics, Good Story, Nice Cover Mechanic, No Texture-Pop-In,Great Varied Enviroments, Streamlined Menus, Great Facial Animation, Strong Emotional and Moral Choices, Tensions, Suicide Mission Ending, Great Characters,Great Music, Great Crosshair, Great Overall Combat Phenomenal Voice Acting and No Clunky Ineventory, Great Weapons and Intresting Research Feature.
    The Bad
    CERBEROUS NETWORK, Questionable Squad AI On some characters Strangely), No Inventory, Not a Lot of Weapons, Annoyning Scanning

Get This Game Not on PS3 If you have a 360 or PC 360 Is The best.
  48. Apr 5, 2013
    This beautiful game, is a great example of a sequel that outmatches it's predecessor in every way. This is my favorite game of all time. As a wise man once said, "Trilogies are like sex. The first time your nervous and just getting used to but you still like it, the second time is the best because you have already done it once and you've gotten used to how good it is, and the third is theThis beautiful game, is a great example of a sequel that outmatches it's predecessor in every way. This is my favorite game of all time. As a wise man once said, "Trilogies are like sex. The first time your nervous and just getting used to but you still like it, the second time is the best because you have already done it once and you've gotten used to how good it is, and the third is the worst because it is like 4 o'clock in the morning, your breaths are starting to smell, your all sweaty, and it just isn't good. This is how I feel about the Mass Effect Trilogy." This man was a genius. With amazing, if clunky, combat, fantastic story, and great moral dilemmas, this game is the best RPG I have ever played. Expand
  49. May 5, 2013
    Mass Effect 2 is perhaps the greatest game of this generation. It cements itself among the greats works of Uncharted 2, FAllout 3, GTA 4, and Bioshock 1 as a watershed moment in gaming for this gen. Everything about his game is perfection. There are no weakenesses. Yeah, sure maybe guns and armor don't have the customization and mods like they did in ME1 but the actual gunplay in this gameMass Effect 2 is perhaps the greatest game of this generation. It cements itself among the greats works of Uncharted 2, FAllout 3, GTA 4, and Bioshock 1 as a watershed moment in gaming for this gen. Everything about his game is perfection. There are no weakenesses. Yeah, sure maybe guns and armor don't have the customization and mods like they did in ME1 but the actual gunplay in this game is sick nasty. Playing as a vanguard in so fun, charge, shot gun, inferno ammo= heads exploding into red fiery awesomeness. The story is awesome and the characters and squad mates are the greatest and most deep characters in gaming history. Standouts include Moridin, Thane, Samara, Grunt, Miranda and many more. These characters are so supperbly written and voice acted its outstanding. And as for the final mission....... The most epic and greatest final misssion in the history of gaming. Nuff said.

Mass Effect 2 is an amazing piece of work. A must. MUST. Own and play.
  50. Jun 3, 2013
    Probably my favorite entry in the series, Mass Effect 2 takes almost everything in the first one and makes it better. They took away that horrible inventory system and replaced it with a better one. They put more focus on the action elements instead of the RPG ones. My main complaint is taking away the planet exploration elements, but overall, it’s a blast.
  51. Jun 22, 2013
    of all the games I have this one is my favorite.
    pros
    -improved combat -cool and interesting story and characters -improved graphics -choosing classes is harder as your powers are actually useful -loyalty missions give characters even more depth -I have a warning. don't rush through this game as your actions will affect the ending. cons -Mako removed -Mining isn't really a good
    of all the games I have this one is my favorite.
    pros
    -improved combat
    -cool and interesting story and characters
    -improved graphics
    -choosing classes is harder as your powers are actually useful
    -loyalty missions give characters even more depth
    cons
    -Mako removed
    -Mining isn't really a good replacement for Mako
    -that's it
    -really
    so go out and buy this game but be sure to play through the first game as well so you can import a character through the whole franchise. I love this game
  52. Jun 27, 2013
    Extremely deep, emotional, with some great action, and fun game play to experiment with, Mass Effect 2 is an incredible game. All characters are fleshed out, and there are many that will soon become a part of your team. The places you visit in the game are fun to explore, and very diverse. The game is constantly throwing you into new situations, resulting in never getting bored. You won'tExtremely deep, emotional, with some great action, and fun game play to experiment with, Mass Effect 2 is an incredible game. All characters are fleshed out, and there are many that will soon become a part of your team. The places you visit in the game are fun to explore, and very diverse. The game is constantly throwing you into new situations, resulting in never getting bored. You won't want to put the control down, and the everything is extremely well done. Expand
  53. Jul 18, 2013
    Not only did Bioware develop a wonderful game, they created an amazing sci-fi universe. Each race is distinct and while not overly unique, gives us sense of possibilities. This is one of the few RPGs that can be played mutliple times with distinctly different results. RPGs rarely include romance because it usually elicits hostile feedback from emotionally unbalanced people looking forNot only did Bioware develop a wonderful game, they created an amazing sci-fi universe. Each race is distinct and while not overly unique, gives us sense of possibilities. This is one of the few RPGs that can be played mutliple times with distinctly different results. RPGs rarely include romance because it usually elicits hostile feedback from emotionally unbalanced people looking for validity, but the relationships here feel genuine and encourage you to work at it. All of the multimedia elements are first class. Highly recommended. Expand
  54. Dec 31, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played, bar-none. A tremendous story that's easy to understand, great game play, superb dialogue options, and an unforgettable conclusion that has stuck with me for years. I've played this game 3 times and it's still amazing. I got this game in 8th grade, and I still regard it as probably the best RPG I've played on my Xbox some 4 years later. It alsoOne of the best games I have ever played, bar-none. A tremendous story that's easy to understand, great game play, superb dialogue options, and an unforgettable conclusion that has stuck with me for years. I've played this game 3 times and it's still amazing. I got this game in 8th grade, and I still regard it as probably the best RPG I've played on my Xbox some 4 years later. It also yields some tremendous DLCs that are actually worth your money. This game's DLC is a prime example of what DLC should be; once you beat the game, you truly haven't beaten it. Each DLC is a new 3-hour adventure that adds depth, and I loved them. This game gets a 9.5 out of ten. It's nearly perfect, but there are some annoying side-missions and periodic glitches. But with that said, this game is one of the greatest that I've played. Bravo, Bioware (What happened with ME3?). Expand
  55. Oct 21, 2013
    Mass Effect 2 was a great improvement on Mass Effect. Almost everything about the game was amazing. The graphics are still stunning today, the battle system is fun, it's a game that you can play numerous times.

I will however criticize the scanning materials system, it was tedious and boring, the story was a little linear & there were a few bugs. But the music was great, the new

But the music was great, the new characters were extremely interesting, it went into the ME universe a lot more also, which was exciting for me being a lover of the universe. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys RPGs.
  56. Aug 18, 2013
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  57. Dec 24, 2013
    Simply sublime.

Few games have the depth, character development, scope and writing to top this one.

Combat at times can still lag behind other action games but at the right times during the play through it can become extremely engaging.

I did every mission I could get my hands on and found most of the characters side quests to be the most engaging and interesting of them all.
  58. Dec 26, 2013
    This is one of the best experiences in videogame history, or at least that i have experienced. This does combat, story, development of character story and rpg aspects better than most every game out there. the voice acting graphics is top notch. this is the complete package. What makes it better is that all your actions in the game before this and this one affect your personal story asThis is one of the best experiences in videogame history, or at least that i have experienced. This does combat, story, development of character story and rpg aspects better than most every game out there. the voice acting graphics is top notch. this is the complete package. What makes it better is that all your actions in the game before this and this one affect your personal story as a whole. Expand
  59. Apr 24, 2014
    Mass Effect 2 is the second instalment in Bioware's planned epic trilogy. Now the combat is as good as the first game and the graphics are superb but the overall story arc suffers a bit from the extreme threat the universe was under in the first game it seemed the threat level had no where to go and the fact that most of your time is spent recruiting a crew and doing them favours whichMass Effect 2 is the second instalment in Bioware's planned epic trilogy. Now the combat is as good as the first game and the graphics are superb but the overall story arc suffers a bit from the extreme threat the universe was under in the first game it seemed the threat level had no where to go and the fact that most of your time is spent recruiting a crew and doing them favours which takes all the sense of urgency out of the story. The other little problem is that the game feels a lot more linear than the first with the mission structure/set up and the universe feels a lot smaller due to the fact that you can't land on planets anymore, you can only scan them which sucks as a gameplay mechanic. Overall the game is worth a play but falls well short of game of the year and the top echelons of 360 titles. Expand
  60. May 31, 2014
    Mass Effect 2. A little while back, I reviewed Mass Effect 1. It was an amazing game despite having some flaws. Now I've totally played through the game's sequel, and the time has come to review it. So, did BioWare improve on the flaws of Mass Effect 1 and make this game better than its predecessor, or is this game the average rushed sucky sequel to an amazing game? Let's find out.Mass Effect 2. A little while back, I reviewed Mass Effect 1. It was an amazing game despite having some flaws. Now I've totally played through the game's sequel, and the time has come to review it. So, did BioWare improve on the flaws of Mass Effect 1 and make this game better than its predecessor, or is this game the average rushed sucky sequel to an amazing game? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game has seen several improvements over its predecessor. The frame rate no longer dips, and there are fewer bugs and glitches. The Mako (the vehicle in Mass Effect 1 that you needed to roam around large scale planets that was very difficult to control) has been removed from the game entirely (Thank you!). The gameplay also feels a lot more like a third-person shooter now then it did in Mass Effect 1, which focused a bit more on the RPG elements than the shooter elements. This is a good change, because it makes the game that much more fun to play. Weapons now require ammo unfortunately, however, this is nothing to worry about, as there is plenty of ammo scattered around for you to pick up. This is just the combat aspect of the game however. This game also involves talking to people and aliens on planets all across the galaxy to advance through more missions in the game. This has also been improved greatly from Mass Effect 1. In Mass Effect 1, the only way to get the most enjoyment out of the game outside of the story is by completing seemingly pointless side missions. Now there is an even better version of these side missions. Your crew members will all have their own special missions for you to complete for them, that flesh out their characters more than the ones in Mass Effect 1. The other side missions are still there, but you'll find that the character missions will take up more of your time than these side missions. Of course, the RPG elements of this game still exist, but they have been streamlined to be less confusing than that of Mass Effect 1. Leveling up is now made simpler because there are less skills to choose from, which actually makes the game better than you might think. The gameplay of this game improves on Mass Effect 1's in virtually every possible way. As for the graphics, they also see quite a bit of improvement from the first game. The bland open planet environments that forced you to use the Mako to get around are now gone. They have been replaced by far more beautiful planets to explore. There is quite a variety of planets to explore in Mass Effect 2, and they are all as beautiful as a planet can get. The character models in this game are probably the best I've ever seen in a video game. It is one of the only Unreal Engine games I know that manages to use the engine to its full potential. Everything in this game is about as beautiful as a Science-Fiction game can get. Believe it or not, the story of this game has actually improved even more on the already spectacular story of Mass Effect 1! Mass Effect 2's story starts two years after the events of the first game. In that time, your character died in a battle that claimed your ship, but you are brought back to life by a corporation called Cerberus. You are recruited by a man who calls himself the Illusive Man, who tells you an alien race called the Collectors has been attacking human colonies. The rest of the story involves you trying to destroy the Collectors before they wipe out life in the galaxy. Once again, like in the first game, the decisions you make in this game's story will determine if your character will follow a good or evil path. The best part about this game's story however, is that you can import your character from Mass Effect 1, and several of the characters that you met in the first game will most likely reappear in the second (provided you did not kill them of course). Your character will look the same, and work the same as he did in Mass Effect 1. This improves on the story in pretty much every way. Overall, this is a game that improves on its predecessor in every possible way. It is a truly amazing game that absolutely must be played. The only real downside to this game is that if you haven't played the first game, you might be lost in this game's story, so it might be a good idea to play the original game before playing the sequel.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  61. Jun 14, 2014
    An Amazing RPG by Bioware.
    Pros:
    - Amazing story with detailed characters, with many different options in dialogue
    - Well voice acted
    - Lengthy
    - Choices matter
    - Great gameplay, level up system. weapon mods, character mods etc
    - Beautiful graphics, great use of colour.

Cons:
    - Jerky Cut scenes
    - Bad team mate A.I, hardly do anything in combat unless told to do so.
  62. Mar 13, 2014
    The first Mass Effect was brilliant, but this is a masterpiece. It takes everything from the first game, and improves upon it. The characters, the story, the graphics, the frame-rate, everything! This is arguably the best in the Mass Effect trilogy, but it's easily one of the greatest video games ever made. Word of advice though, I recommend you play through the first game, then importThe first Mass Effect was brilliant, but this is a masterpiece. It takes everything from the first game, and improves upon it. The characters, the story, the graphics, the frame-rate, everything! This is arguably the best in the Mass Effect trilogy, but it's easily one of the greatest video games ever made. Word of advice though, I recommend you play through the first game, then import your save into ME2. It makes it that little bit better. Expand
  63. Apr 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing Mass Effect part 1 and only really seeing one disappointment, which was the way you have to level up your gun usage to even be decent in the game. I was looking forward to part 2. Everyone I had talked to about the series had told me they changed up enough on 2 to make the play more fun and they were right. Your decisions in part 1 effect you in part 2 more than you'd think, as well as needing the ship upgrades to have your full crew survive the game made for an interesting mechanic. Taking out the sniper and pistol skill tree where you no longer have to put points into it made the games more playable, as well as adding the cloaking for the sniper class. All in all the time put into this game was actually less for me than the first one because of the way you gather resources compared to the original. But once again bioware hit a homerun on the story, and with the game itself. as for dtuner's review, apparently he hasn't actually completed the game and achieved all the optional achievements and endings. Your choices change everything including if you actually live or die in the game. The vehicle controls in Mass Effect were horrible, hands down one of the worst control schemes of any game ever created, yet most made due. Expand
  64. Mar 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is what Star Wars games wish they could be. Too bad EA has their filthy paws strangling the life out of this series already (Mass Effect 3 controversy), ME2 is nearly perfect though. The game doesn't quite require you to have played ME1, as the writing fills you in sans confusion. Expand
  65. Aug 28, 2014
    Probably the best video game I have ever played. So many improvements from the first Mass Effect. So much character depth, I could always talk to my crew (except Garrus who is too busy doing his calibrations). I enjoyed every single mission, and I mined planets to death, trying to buy all the upgrades for my ship and crew. Wherever Mass Effect 2 lacked, it was minimal. This game was nearProbably the best video game I have ever played. So many improvements from the first Mass Effect. So much character depth, I could always talk to my crew (except Garrus who is too busy doing his calibrations). I enjoyed every single mission, and I mined planets to death, trying to buy all the upgrades for my ship and crew. Wherever Mass Effect 2 lacked, it was minimal. This game was near perfection, a masterpiece. A must have, this game will be in my heart forever. Oh, and bring tissues for the end. Expand
  66. Feb 26, 2016
    В диалогах есть выбор, влияющий на сюжет, что уже выделяет игру среди остального современного мусора. Шикарный сеттинг, отличная история, интересные персонажи, хорошая боевка, графика, музыка, атмосфера в конце концов. 10 из 10, Господи, 10 из 10.В диалогах есть выбор, влияющий на сюжет, что уже выделяет игру среди остального современного мусора. Шикарный сеттинг, отличная история, интересные персонажи, хорошая боевка, графика, музыка, атмосфера в конце концов. 10 из 10, Господи, 10 из 10.
  67. Sep 13, 2014
    The Mass Effect series is arguably one of the best -- if not the best -- game series ever released, and Mass Effect 2 is the peak of the series (barely edging out Mass Effect 3). For what this game strove to achieve in narrative storytelling, fluid and inviting gameplay, and an unforgettable story, it achieved flawlessly. The characters are all likable and unique, and at the end of the dayThe Mass Effect series is arguably one of the best -- if not the best -- game series ever released, and Mass Effect 2 is the peak of the series (barely edging out Mass Effect 3). For what this game strove to achieve in narrative storytelling, fluid and inviting gameplay, and an unforgettable story, it achieved flawlessly. The characters are all likable and unique, and at the end of the day they are memorable -- a feat that few video games can achieve. Bioware crafted a rich sci-fi storytelling experience that stays in one's memory as one of the best space operas in any medium (video games, television, film, theatre, novels, etc). The story is so richly developed and has so much depth that it is arguable a better universe than that of Star Wars or Star Trek. The ensemble cast was chosen expertly, and benefits massively from the amazing talents of Mark Meer, Jennifer Hale, Michael Hogan (Battlestar Galactica), Keith David (The Riddick films), Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica), Martin Sheen (Apocalypse Now, The Departed), Seth Green (Robot Chicken), Lance Henriksen (The Alien series, the Terminator series), and many more extremely talented voice actors who deliver performances on par or better than those in leading films. The gameplay is fluid and satisfyingly enjoyable, and never becomes repetitive or a chore to complete. Overall, the game is an absolutely unforgettable experience that any person who enjoys playing video games should play. Expand
  68. Oct 7, 2014
    Mass Effect 2 is one of those sequels that comes rarely as it actually improves upon the original. Mass effect 2 gets rid of the overheating weapons, poor vehicle segments and the elevators for quick paced combat. The new combat system however gets rid of some of the RPG elements from the first game which may detract some players but overall is still a vast improvement over the nice combatMass Effect 2 is one of those sequels that comes rarely as it actually improves upon the original. Mass effect 2 gets rid of the overheating weapons, poor vehicle segments and the elevators for quick paced combat. The new combat system however gets rid of some of the RPG elements from the first game which may detract some players but overall is still a vast improvement over the nice combat of the original. Once again Bioware offers another thrilling tale with interesting characters, locations and enemies. The ending mission of Mass Effect 2 is possibly one of the best constructed final missions ever and evokes emotions of fear, stress and anger towards the Collectors, Reapers and Harbinger. Knowing that every corner or passageway you pass one of your squad mates could die makes this mission unforgettable. The score to the game is also amazingly constructed and the voice actors now actually bring some emotion into their dialogue. As this is an EA game there is DLC however it is rather cheap around $5 AUS for around 3 more hours of story content. If you're now getting into the series I would suggest The Lair Of The Shadow Broker DLC as it is an important mission for Liara and Mass Effect 3 and also The Arrival DLC as it links ME2 to ME3. Expand
  69. Jan 21, 2016
    Mass Effect 2 is one of the most intense story's that i' ve ever seen in a game, all the cast of characters from your crew, all of what you can do to interact with them and learn about them, just make me want to cry, Bioware is known for it's masterpieces: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. Let me introduce you to another amazing and fantastic game by them: MassMass Effect 2 is one of the most intense story's that i' ve ever seen in a game, all the cast of characters from your crew, all of what you can do to interact with them and learn about them, just make me want to cry, Bioware is known for it's masterpieces: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. Let me introduce you to another amazing and fantastic game by them: Mass Effect 2.
    One of my top 5 games of all time, 10/10.
  70. Nov 3, 2014
    i agree with many people who say the story in ME is better then ME2, But i think the combat in ME2 is far better then ME the combat in ME always felt like a chore that i had to push through to get to more dialog never once did i say "wow that was a fun fight" its always "god that was horrid". and i do not miss using the Mako mainly because the level design for the planets were horrible andi agree with many people who say the story in ME is better then ME2, But i think the combat in ME2 is far better then ME the combat in ME always felt like a chore that i had to push through to get to more dialog never once did i say "wow that was a fun fight" its always "god that was horrid". and i do not miss using the Mako mainly because the level design for the planets were horrible and boring aside from the fact you were in a big tank the Firewalker DLC was a nice throw back too the Mako tho and the few levels they gave you were much better.
    and as for the loyalty missions many people complain about those missions are for making a connection with the characters the fact that you don't want to know the characters or help them should be a red flag that you shouldn't play an RPG
  71. Jan 26, 2015
    A huge improvement over the first game I loved it the entire way. The reason the first one didn't get a ten from is because of the lack of romances and the buggy gameplay, but the second game improved on it by a lot,
  72. May 22, 2015
    After an organization known as Cerberus spent two years bringing Shepard back to life, he ends up working under the Illusive Man as he tracks down The Collectors, a mysterious species that was kidnapping human colonies. Mass Effect 2 makes a number of improvements over the original. Its combat is more polished with a wider variety of enemies to face (not mostly geth). Its squad is largeAfter an organization known as Cerberus spent two years bringing Shepard back to life, he ends up working under the Illusive Man as he tracks down The Collectors, a mysterious species that was kidnapping human colonies. Mass Effect 2 makes a number of improvements over the original. Its combat is more polished with a wider variety of enemies to face (not mostly geth). Its squad is large and excellent; you get to know each unique character through their loyalty missions where you assist them with a personal matter. The story is excellently told through frequent decision-making (in which fewer decisions’ results are exactly the same than in the original). Characters live and die by what you decide to do and say. However, weapon customization has been completely removed, which is a shame. Also, exploration has been cut back on a little too much. Still, Mass Effect 2 is a phenomenal game and a great mix between an action-RPG and a third-person shooter. It’s an incredibly made, personal, memorable experience virtually from start to finish. Expand
  73. Jun 10, 2015
    Along with the very good Mass Effect and Mass Effect 3 it's an excellent game, maybe focused more on the story more than gameplay, but it's deepness, comparable with Star Wars, Star Trek or Isaac Asimov book.
  74. Oct 24, 2015
    This is the game of the generation

It takes an industry leader with decades of experience to come up with this, and bioware is such a leader. For me this is the star wars of the gaming generation. It's one thing to invent a game it's another to invent a whole mythology around the game. The storylines have always been a big part of bioware and this is it's masterpiece Graphics
    This is the game of the generation

For me this is the star wars of the gaming generation.

Graphics great, beautiful art, smooth gameplay also the ability to pause at crucial moments also allows you to recognise crucial moments to make the save.

Achivements,targeting,squad build up, it's got it all

Rpg, FPS, and romantic comedy if you like as well where you play the hero

It's like watching star wars but actively playing the lead jedi
    It's cool and from me at least 10/10
  75. Nov 7, 2015
    This is one of the most amazing games u can get for the xbox 360 and my Favorite Sci/fi RPG what does mass effect 2 does great is that immerse you in a futuristic setting where the reaper are trying to destroy the galaxy is your job yo find out where they come from to do that u make a crew that will actually help you in the end so is your job to gain their loyalty and respect
  76. Dec 1, 2015
    Gra jest świetna!
    Fajna mechanika strzelania, różnorodne klasy, ulepszenia, decyzje moralne, wciągające dialogi i satysfakcjonujące zakończenie. Gra jest warta każdej ceny.
    Gra także starcza na około 35 godzin.
  77. Apr 18, 2013

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Mass Effect 2 overcomes its few gameplay weaknesses with a fantastic weave of dynamic combat, lavish presentation, and engaging character and weapon customization. But for all the myriad improvements that make Mass Effect 2's visuals so appealing and its combat so exhilarating, it's ultimately the way it moves us that makes it so memorable. [Feb 2010, p.56]
  2. games(TM)
    Despite all of the ways Mass Effect 2 is more engaging to play and explore, after 35 remarkable hours it was the characters that stayed with us… Game of the year in January? Oh, go on then. [Feb 2010, p.112]
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Both an astonishing RPG and confident shooter, Mass Effect 2 is daring, shocking and often awe-inspiring in its use of choice. This is the future of storytelling in videogames. [Issue#, p.85]