8.7

Keyif = 7
    Atmosfer = 8
    Süre = 7
  2. Dec 5, 2017
    This truly is a great game. Great graphics, great music, great story, great characters, and good gameplay. The world is so well developed and you can tell that so much thought went into developing the Mass Effect universe. Mass Effect is very dialogue heavy, so for gamers who prefer constant action, this may not be the game for you.
  3. Jul 13, 2017
    Just make it to be 1 of my favor game, but doubt would ever re play it, just found out to extend my interest hours, simply have to made a costum appearance of shepard, cannot stand the look of its original default shepard's face!
    graphic : 8 (consider disabling motion blur and film grain)
    sound : 6
    gameplay : 7 (Repetitive)
    Storyline : 9 (very good composed)
  4. Jun 28, 2017
    To start off, I have played all three Mass Effect games twice now, and I enjoyed them. That being said, not all are of equal rating for me.
    The first time I played this game, I was blown away. The game has great music, amazing story, and in depth characters. Being able to upgrade your weapons, armor, and ammo was also a cool feature. The biggest downside to being able to do those things was the design of the equipment menu system. Selecting a weapon and armor worked fine, but upgrading them felt overly tedious. Only being able to go up and down the upgrade select screen one item at a time felt clunky at best, especially when your item count was near the 150 limit. The combat was another irritant, but only to a small degree. The fact that the cover system made you run into the item you were trying to hide behind, instead of using a button to initiate the cover, was annoying. I really did like the fact that you could crouch, which was something I wish they would have brought over to the other two games. Story was great and the cut scenes felt very cinematic. The voice acting was great, and the fact that you could talk to your squad mates in depth after missions was a plus. The morality system was a nice feature, as was the love option.
    All in all, it was a great game that has a ton of replay value and will not leave you bored. It's only let down by the somewhat hazy graphics, the random mid game play load message's, and the under designed equipment menu.
  5. Apr 22, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect doesn't have great gameplay. The graphics and general feel of an AAA game may not be there. But it still has been an amazing success in terms of critical acclaim. Why?

Mass Effect is as a game not as good as 2 and 3 in my personal opinion, as they are my favorite games of all time. In the things that it does well, it does amazingly. The characters, the plot, the real feeling...
    The plot has a few minor flaws, that are a result of making a certain situation possible (eg. Sovereign attacking the Citadel), but all of them are made in a slick fashion, therefore meaning that the situation played out well in terms of gameplay and twists. Although some (Sovereign almost exploding because a creature that it indoctrinated got destroyed) can really make the impression of a threat disappear.
    Characters are well built and the voice acting is really good, especially with Jennifer Hale. Different personalities and stories, like Garrus and Ashley, are very clear, and at the same time they relate. The only slight problem is that because of the unclear progressing of the plot makes the arising feelings feel more bland in the player.

Gameplaywise, there are a few tweaks here and there. Combat is pretty inconsistent, and mowing in general is stiff, but still manages to feel fun. The Mako is probably one of the most controversial thing in the whole game. The concept of exploring is exciting, but in reality falls flat because of the Mako's controls and movement.

The technical execution is the thing that makes Mass Effect fall short of the other games. The graphics aren't too bad, although they fall short of 07 games like Crysis and Portal. There are a lot of glitches etc etc. I think the visuals and noises are foggy. Bioware had some trouble doing the game, and you'll see it

Overall Mass Effect is a straight 10/10 with the plot and characters, and an 3/10 without them. So uh... 9 I guess? ( PS. It would be a 10 without the Mako)
  6. Apr 17, 2017
    Mass Effect sets a great stage for a Space Opera for the ages. The characters and story-line are magnificent, and by the end of the game you are left with questions and a desire for more.

That being said, my most common recommendation to new players to this game is to set it on easy and power through. The gameplay is a little weak and can be janky at times and the side-quests are unfortunately atrocious with a few key exceptions.

Mass Effect is truly the stepping stone into a whole universe.
  7. Apr 4, 2017
    It really draws you in and is a captivating RPG. All of the elements of the next two games in this trilogy are present as well plot and character development take a center role.
  8. Jan 11, 2017
    I played that game so much ... Finished it 5 times with all types of characters experiencing all the different romance and corners of the different story lines ... One of my all time favorite and a game that made be fall in love with the whole universe, buying books, comics ...
    There aren't any games I can think of set in the sci-fi universe that have been able to capture that space opera feeling. All characters are interesting and makes you want to get to know them and try to help (or not ) with their problems and ahhh the romance :)

Gameplay wise it was really good (despite the mako sometimes being a pain ^^) I especially loved the RPG aspect which was in my opinion too simplified in ME2 & 3.
    Visually amazing even still pleasant by today standards.
  9. Dec 5, 2016
    Mass Effect is an awesome game but has serious issues with frame rate and tearing on the Xbox 360 version. Combat often turns into a crapshoot of trigger spamming and luck due to the low frame rate. Pretty sad considering this game has Microsoft plastered all over it.

Ultimately, Mass Effect is a very interesting concept done very poorly. The universe is somewhat imaginative but nothing we haven't seen before. Would have been interesting if Microsoft acquired BioWare with a similar deal they struck with Bungie.
  10. Nov 5, 2016
    The first game in the trilogy that helped take the action RPG genre to a new level with its excellent gameplay and interesting characters. The sequel improved upon it in many areas but this remains an excellent game in its own right and is still well worth playing even nine years after release.
  11. Apr 20, 2016
    This game is great, never have alien genitalia been so finely rendered and sensual. I'm sure the aliens that the government are hiding are playing this for their own arousal and enjoyment. I'm glad video games have come this far and I hope they'll go farther with the new consoles. More alien genitalia. Please. I'm very thirsty.
  12. Nov 25, 2015
    Mass Effect is one of the most thoughtful, mature, and enticing games I have ever been introduced too. One thing that always comes to mind is the meditative “Vigil” opening soundtrack that starts off as the iceburg for one of the most well crafted RPG's of all time. The game world pictured is a vision of humanity in the future, and this vision is a glorious one. A massive galaxy isMass Effect is one of the most thoughtful, mature, and enticing games I have ever been introduced too. One thing that always comes to mind is the meditative “Vigil” opening soundtrack that starts off as the iceburg for one of the most well crafted RPG's of all time. The game world pictured is a vision of humanity in the future, and this vision is a glorious one. A massive galaxy is unraveled to humanity, big and full of exciting and new things to discover. A variety of species exist intelligent enough and similar to us in a variety of ways. The “galactic society” is idyllic. No longer bound to Earth, the stars are limitless to our grasp, and our thirst for knowledge unquenchable. Tolerating alien species is a developing logic in many human minds yet relations are steady and working. Alien species look and sound similar to us, with a variety of interesting quirks that make them “alien” yet enticing, as their own respective cultures are learned about. Our technology is similar, yet noticeably upgraded, with star ships as common of a sight as a wooden boat. A 1970's tinge reverberates around a narrative design with the future in mind, with a synth effect one can describe as “alien” and “high tech”. The world is introduced to us via the in-game “Codex” and in a short amount of time we can perceive this all too idyllic virtual world clearly in our heads. Mass Effect is a game not to be taken lightly. This is a game Bioware designed from the ground up as a masterpiece fit enough to remain a “legend” of early 21st century video gaming. The artistic level of Mass Effect is astonishing. With every detail and object designed masterfully to guide the player from start to finish, being linear, yet free. The most perfect blend of free roam and an enticing linear story that offers many different interchanging paths and endings. Commander Shepard, protagonist, embodies everything humanity's future stands for. His path can be good, neutral, or evil, and that is all dependent on the player's choice. Major characters can die and will never be seen again. This is a sci-fi that is worth playing, being as enticing as an action movie, as breathtaking as a shooter, and as deep as a novel, this is game that deserves to be played by everyone, a fitting description of many Bioware games like itself. Expand
  13. Jul 3, 2015
    A fun, excellent game that you can play over and over again with a different story every time. I very much recommend this for sci-fi fans and RPG fans. What mass effect does best is that it combines a captivating story with great action and combat and turns it into your hands to let you decide the way you want to play.
  14. Jun 28, 2015
    First time I heard of this game I was sceptical, didnt think they could actually make an FPS with RPG elements and make it work. A friend of mine told me to buy it, that it was my kind of game, I saw the reviews and some trailers but it didnt caught my attention. 2 years later at my local game store I saw it again, and decided to buy it, mostly because they were having a sale so I got itFirst time I heard of this game I was sceptical, didnt think they could actually make an FPS with RPG elements and make it work. A friend of mine told me to buy it, that it was my kind of game, I saw the reviews and some trailers but it didnt caught my attention. 2 years later at my local game store I saw it again, and decided to buy it, mostly because they were having a sale so I got it dirt cheap.
    got home and played it, and instantly got hooked up. My friend was right, it is my kind of game, i love creating your own custom character and this game even lets you pick your own backstory, great music, great dialogue, tons of side missions, exploring, and most importantly GREAT story and another great shocker for me, the decisions you make and I do mean YOU make, have consecuences in the sequels, how cool is that???? Just make yourself a favor, BUY THIS GAME.
  15. May 22, 2015
    The original Mass Effect was an ambitious game; it set out to be this massive space drama and a blend between a role playing and an action game. It certainly accomplished this with a customizable character, lots of different powers to use and upgrade, tons of weapon mods, ample side missions (you can beat the game in twelve hours or you can spend thirty-five), and story-altering decisionsThe original Mass Effect was an ambitious game; it set out to be this massive space drama and a blend between a role playing and an action game. It certainly accomplished this with a customizable character, lots of different powers to use and upgrade, tons of weapon mods, ample side missions (you can beat the game in twelve hours or you can spend thirty-five), and story-altering decisions (that carry on to the next two games). Basically, this rogue Spectre (a high-ranking official) named Saren is trying to take over the galaxy with an army of robots called Geth and it’s up to Commander Shepherd, you, to stop him. However, you learn that Saren isn’t the greatest threat to the galaxy. The combat is quite inventive, a blend between action and strategy, and the story and characters really shine through. Texture pop-ins and whatnot are rampant, combat can be a little unintuitive, and the Mako parts aren't perfect by any means but Mass Effect is a great start to a fantastic series (I'd say it's an 8.7 or 8.8). Expand
  16. Feb 25, 2015
    This game is incredible. I had been looking for a great game to play after tiring of Fallout, Skyrim, Arkham City, etc... and finally decided to give this game a try. I'll admit, I almost never got into it. I didn't like the combat and gave up on it quickly. About four months later I decided to give it another shot. Again I was disappointed. However once I got used to the system andThis game is incredible. I had been looking for a great game to play after tiring of Fallout, Skyrim, Arkham City, etc... and finally decided to give this game a try. I'll admit, I almost never got into it. I didn't like the combat and gave up on it quickly. About four months later I decided to give it another shot. Again I was disappointed. However once I got used to the system and got a little further into the game, I realized that I loved it. The story is so deep, and the characters so engaging. I found myself wanting to make sure I always made the right decisions. There are really no "good" or "evil" decisions but rather one is slightly more right and the other slightly more wrong. The balance of good and evil is blended so smoothly in this game. I've logged over 18hrs so far and still have much to do and cannot wait to continue. I highly recommend this to any RPG fan. It's fantastic. Expand
  17. Jan 26, 2015
    A fantastic experience and its a great game overall, even though I'm not too fond of the mechanics, the story held it up very well and delivered a lot throughout the ip entire experience.
  18. Dec 29, 2014
    A hugely entertaining, if slightly inconsistent, adventure with an interesting story, fun gameplay and a unique dialogue/decision making system that seamlessly blends the two together.
  19. Dec 16, 2014
    Not bad, but not the best I've seen or played either. The story is okay, with some good action here and there, and it has a stable plot. The game has some good features, such as armor and weapon customization to name one. But I found it lacking in some areas, too. All of the armor looks just about the same as the stock, just re-textured in some cases, and the texture load times on the 360Not bad, but not the best I've seen or played either. The story is okay, with some good action here and there, and it has a stable plot. The game has some good features, such as armor and weapon customization to name one. But I found it lacking in some areas, too. All of the armor looks just about the same as the stock, just re-textured in some cases, and the texture load times on the 360 during cutscenes makes everything look a little weird whenever you talk to someone or load a game. Overall, this is not a bad game, but it's not the perfect game, either. Expand
  20. Nov 21, 2014
    I was playing KOTOR and thought how great it would be if I could play it on xbox and the fighting was more than point and click and wait to see what happens.
    This is StarWars minus the light-sabres.

This game was like playing a movie.........Amazing game.
  21. Nov 11, 2014
    At first I was wondering what to expect from the game and I was unsure to keep playing and I did it is amazing (note I have not beaten the game at the time of writing this) it plays like a sci-fi 3rd person shooter but it does it very well its cut sense are orgasmic and all the customization is mind blowing there is so much to see and do so much replay ability and all the class's play soAt first I was wondering what to expect from the game and I was unsure to keep playing and I did it is amazing (note I have not beaten the game at the time of writing this) it plays like a sci-fi 3rd person shooter but it does it very well its cut sense are orgasmic and all the customization is mind blowing there is so much to see and do so much replay ability and all the class's play so much different and the followers are very nice because you can somewhat change there play style and they have back story also they interact differently in other situations then other followers 10/10 review i got the game on a sale for 3.49 I think but I really think it is worth its price regularly I highly recommend this game to any one who loves sci-fi games and cinematic games pick it up now! Expand
  22. Oct 21, 2014
    yyyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooot hoooooooooot I hated the game but I ha a great tie masturbating to the sex scene yay
  23. Aug 8, 2014
    There are games so inspiring, so compelling that you will be dragged into their universe on a regular basis.
    Mass Effect is one of these games, which built happiness through great adventures and a significant emphasis on both choices and characters interactions. Even with a massive backlog of games to play, I always end up replaying the campaign through the 3 games.
    It can appeal to
    It can appeal to either RPG fans, Sci-fi people, shooters veterans, or to anyone who likes to be part of a compelling story.
    The DLC are good as well as they always add a bit of every experience to the mix.
    This game is so rich and colorful that you can be sure to find something that you will like in it.
  24. May 18, 2014
    Mass Effect. It is quite shocking that before I bought the game just last week, I had never played Mass Effect before. I've heard that this series has been critically acclaimed by critics, and was massively successful, but none of my friends got into it, so I never really got into it. Then I noticed the complete trilogy at a Gamestop, and I decided that maybe now is a good time to tryMass Effect. It is quite shocking that before I bought the game just last week, I had never played Mass Effect before. I've heard that this series has been critically acclaimed by critics, and was massively successful, but none of my friends got into it, so I never really got into it. Then I noticed the complete trilogy at a Gamestop, and I decided that maybe now is a good time to try this series out. So, is this game as good as the critics say it is, or are the critics dumb as a sack of hammers? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is a mixture between third-person shooters, and action RPGs. You control a man named Commander Shepard from an over-the-shoulder viewpoint, and you fight enemies with your standard gunplay. This game also has a cover system, which allows you to take cover behind walls, and other objects that might be where you are fighting. There are also RPG elements that allow you to use special abilities during all of the action. These special abilities can help you fight. However, this is just the game's combat. There is so much more to the game than just that. This game is much more of an RPG than a third-person shooter. There are also several parts in the game that involve going around and talking to people, buying new weapons, and exploring the worlds of the Milky Way Galaxy. There are several side quests and other missions to undertake aside from the game's main story. Of course there is also leveling up as with most RPGs. This gameplay is very fun and exciting, and well worth the experience. However, there is one problem with the gameplay that I have a lot of trouble getting over: the Mako. The Mako is a vehicle you often have to use to drive around different planets in the game. It often will get stuck on terrain, and it is extremely difficult to control, making it difficult not to get just a little annoyed with the exploration of other planets in the game. There are also a few bugs and glitches, and the frame rate takes dips here and there, but they don't get in the way of an otherwise solid experience. This is a very fun game to play, but the Mako sections could use a lot more polish, and better driving mechanics. As for the graphics, while I can't say they are the best graphics I've ever seen in a video game, they are great to say the least. The character models look very good, and rich with detail. The ships all look good too. However, I'd say that only some of the environments actually truly look beautiful. Many of the planets in Mass Effect lack detail. The only ones that really seem to have any amount of detail put into them are the ones involved in the main story. The other ones in the game look like just random environments cobbled together to make a large landscape for the Mako to drive on. That's not to say that they look terrible, because they certainly don't. I just wish that the planets had more details on them like more diverse amounts of buildings, and other things like that. The graphics of this game are beautiful, but I sort of wish the environments were just a little better. The story however, is the best part of the entire game. You take control of Commander Shepard, and this character is totally your own character. You get to create him from the start of the game, choose what he specializes in, and what background he has. You also get to decide how events in the story play out. You can choose both good and bad options throughout this game's story, and they'll have a great effect on the rest of the game. As for the story itself, basically you find out that an ancient robotic race called the Reapers is coming to destroy all organic life in the universe, and it's up to you to stop them from ever attacking. This story is very unique in how it revolves entirely around you, and that's what makes it so amazing. Overall, I have to say that the critics were right when they said that this game was an amazing experience. This game is really fun to play, has great graphics, and a spectacular story. This game is a must-buy if you love science fiction, RPGs, or even if you are just a normal gamer.
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 9/10
  25. Mar 18, 2014
    This game brings everything good about most bioware games into one package. While the cover system is a little off, and the fact that with a sniper rifle unless max level in the skill, the scope moves like you're drunk didn't make the game unplayable, actually it made choosing your squad ever more important.
  26. Mar 13, 2014
    A brilliant game, and one of the best games I've ever played. All I can say is, if you haven't played it before, go out and get it. The only two problems it has if the frame-rate frequently drops, especially during combat, and it takes you completely out of the experience. The other problem is that the auto save function isn't very well used. You can lose half an hour of gameplay easily,A brilliant game, and one of the best games I've ever played. All I can say is, if you haven't played it before, go out and get it. The only two problems it has if the frame-rate frequently drops, especially during combat, and it takes you completely out of the experience. The other problem is that the auto save function isn't very well used. You can lose half an hour of gameplay easily, but that's easily countered by saving manually. As I said before, it you haven't played it before, go out and play it now! Expand
  27. Feb 16, 2014
    as an rpg i would say its pretty fun. the dialogue can be witty and funny and generally well written. the missions are mostly fun and fairly unique and again well written.

as a shooter this game is crap. the controls are very clunky, slow and you will constantly get caught on corners and nearby objects. its much better as an rpg and dialogue game then it is a shooter.
  28. Jan 20, 2014
    This is one of the best games ever made, it has a stunningly good original story line that doesn't disappoint. The amount of joy one experiences at the end of the journey is awesome and this is a must buy for everyone interested in a good role play shooter game and a good story. The game also has an amazing soundtrack that completes the story very well.
  29. Jan 18, 2014
    When I first saw the box to this game I immediately thought it had the production quality equivalents of a B-Movie and ignored it. A couple of years later people were talking about the quality of this game then I found out it was made by the same team responsible for Knights of the Old Republic, then I found out it was part of a planned trilogy where the actions in one game could effectWhen I first saw the box to this game I immediately thought it had the production quality equivalents of a B-Movie and ignored it. A couple of years later people were talking about the quality of this game then I found out it was made by the same team responsible for Knights of the Old Republic, then I found out it was part of a planned trilogy where the actions in one game could effect the story of the entire trilogy. So I was excited to play this game and I wasn't disappointed. They take the basic combat concept of Gears of War, cover based shooting, and placed it in a huge sci-fi world full of great characters in a wonderful art style. The story and massiveness of this game gain it's score but it's also it's hugeness that make it miss out on a 10, there is too much scanning of planets, much time wasted in an already big game. The only other negative is the lack of choice in weaponry. Overall this game is great stand alone without the involvement of a trilogy, which I suppose was the success of Star Wars, and is a must own of the generation and can now be picked up for a very friendly price. Expand
  30. Jan 4, 2014
    This is the best game by far and the best Mass Effect, better than ME2 and ME3. Best game ever! This game has change my life for the better! Thank you Boiware!

1. It's an adventure that is so captivating that you'll be counting the days for the sequel. It takes interactive storytelling to new heights, and brings the player closer to content than ever before. It's easily one of the year's best titles and one of the most impressive games to date. [Nov 2007, p.151]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Far from being a ponderous sci-fi exposition, Mass Effect boasts a dynamic, well-constructed story with a broad emotional range. [Holiday 2007, p.82]
  3. Hardcore Gamer
    As it is, it's merely very good on several different levels, and is more or less a must-play for RPG fans. It will drive shooter fans completely up the wall, though. [Dec 2007, p.56]