7.8

1. May 17, 2012
    The graphics and gameplay capabilities are simply top notch. The detailed gameplay plays fantastically because of of good controls and weapons. Visuals are far from being the most important thing, but its worth mentioning for a title that looks so beautiful. How about the story? Well, its got a great script and and the characters are well developed. This is another satisfactory game fromThe graphics and gameplay capabilities are simply top notch. The detailed gameplay plays fantastically because of of good controls and weapons. Visuals are far from being the most important thing, but its worth mentioning for a title that looks so beautiful. How about the story? Well, its got a great script and and the characters are well developed. This is another satisfactory game from Rockstar. Now that this has been released, can you guys start work on Bully 2? Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    Finally! Much years for have a new Max Payne, and this third part is really amazing. The graphics are AWESOME!!! the stroy is excellent, and have a great development, the gameplay is perfect, the sound effects cool. Max Payne 3 is an awesome sorprise.
  3. Dec 23, 2017
    Спившейся Макс, геймпад, телевизор, slo-mo, стрельба по македонски, видеотрансляции со дна Бразильских фавел, сотни врагов, это все еще лучший боевик где взводишь курок ты сам.
  4. Jun 7, 2012
    You will feel depressed right on the beginning , and that's one of the characteristic of old Max . Leaving the cold to the tropical Brazil , Max Payne still can't surpass his horrible past , thugs and the scums aren't giving Max a good welcome , and they will try to complicate every step that Max makes. Graphically , the engine is probably one of the best out there , and maybe the bestYou will feel depressed right on the beginning , and that's one of the characteristic of old Max . Leaving the cold to the tropical Brazil , Max Payne still can't surpass his horrible past , thugs and the scums aren't giving Max a good welcome , and they will try to complicate every step that Max makes. Graphically , the engine is probably one of the best out there , and maybe the best looking game from the company of GTA.Movements like jumping , dolphin diving and many other really are impressive . In the story side , i can't say it was the best ( made from Rockstar ) but was quite well written. Expand
  5. Mar 24, 2016
    This is interesting game with interesting story . Very many different cutscenes . Very Very good graphics . This is best game of 2012 . This is good returns of Max Payne series . Awesome gameplay . This is gooooooood game . 10/10
  6. Jun 8, 2012
    This is another proof that Western games are getting better and better in quality in comparison to their Japanese counterparts. Intuitive controls, great storyline, super graphics. Max Payne made you feel like you're in a 'John Woo' film.
  7. Mar 8, 2013
    Max Payne 3 marks the return of the John Mclain of the gaming world, Max Payne, as he ventures through one of the most action packed and well written stories of 2012.
    Max now lives in Sao Paulo for the rich family Branco, he is a bodyguard, a drunk and a painkiller addict. When the family is targeted by people living in the Favelas close to their home Max has to jump back into action to find the people responsible for the deaths of his employers and who threaten his life too.
    Max Payne 3's story has been told time and time again, however not as good as MP3 does it. MP3 is heavily cutscene based with all the gameplay taking place during the gunfights. Though this detracts from the experience it only makes the story better and better by giving you such a tight narrative. But when the gameplay does kick in it is one of the most enjoyable third-person shooters you will ever play. Feeling very similar to Gears of War and Spec Ops the Line with very well structured controls and great environments to fight in ranging from airports to clubs.
    Max Payne 3 is not a game you can miss if you like action games, it has something to please everyone.
  8. Jun 9, 2012
    I never played any of the other Max Payne games so i'm new to Max Payne and what a great game Max Payne 3 is. It has a fantastic story line in the whith has many twists and turns in it. The best script I have heard in a game I have heard in a long time. Just buy it. Max Payne 3 8.9/10
  9. Mar 27, 2014
    Max payne 3 is another great rockstar game, i love this game, is absolutely fantastic it actions scene, its really outstanding it violence, great game that must be played.
  10. Nov 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is truly a fantastic game. Max Payne 3 is a great shooter with an extremely fascinating script and storyline that totally succeeds in delivering a perfect noir tale! The pacing is just the right speed and I personally had no trouble playing this game nonstop for more than a couple of hours. The graphics, full of detail and constantly very colorful and at times and very beautiful as well. The characters, brimming with interesting personality traits all while delivering quick, intriguing, and sometimes very funny lines. The action and gameplay, a huge amount of fun that never grows tiring and always works well and correctly. And Max Payne himself, as engaging and engrossing a character as ever while also being voiced wonderfully by James McCaffrey. With an endlessly fun multiplayer and an incredibly involving story this comes up to make this game is yet another triumph to add to Rockstar's list! Expand
  11. Dec 4, 2012
    A big improvement over the first two and that's saying alot since I grew up with them. I was waiting for a long ass tiem for them to finally continue the saga of Max Payne and Rockstar hasn''t given me any reason to doubt them. The gameplay, the story, the bullet time and **** like that is way better. Complete badass
  12. Aug 16, 2013
    [8.0] It definitely isn't Rockstar's best, but Max Payne 3 is impressive in many ways. It exceeds in both action and graphics, which makes up for the linear gameplay. Although it isn't quite as engaging as Grand Theft Auto, or Red Dead, Max Payne 3 is a great title for people who are waiting for GTA V.
  13. Jul 31, 2012
    Alright,I have played through the story twice and played many hours of the wicked multiplayer and come to the conclusion that this is as close to perfect as you can get for a video game.there are no flaws I can see and it's just a enjoyable awesome experience that everybody should play.The first two Max Payne games I played were the xbox versions and they were grade A awesome.This is theAlright,I have played through the story twice and played many hours of the wicked multiplayer and come to the conclusion that this is as close to perfect as you can get for a video game.there are no flaws I can see and it's just a enjoyable awesome experience that everybody should play.The first two Max Payne games I played were the xbox versions and they were grade A awesome.This is the next generation of games so of course it's gonna be different.I absolutely love the direction Rockstar went with this game.It has replay value like crazy.If you only played single player with no online I would recommend this to the highest degree.I love when games do that and then the online is amazing and just as good,if not better,then anything out there.Please get this game cause i you dont then you are missing out on the second best thing to come out this year,being Mass Effect 3, is the only game better but I would rate this in the top ten in the last 5 years of video games.Just brilliant!! Expand
  14. May 18, 2012
    Initially I never played any one of the Max Payne games before, so I do not know the gameplay and story of the other games. In May Payne 3, Max is a former policeman and the events take place 9 years after the second game, with the opening showing a low down Max, between alcohol and painkillers, remembering the tragedies of his past, mixing scenes of this and of the present, in hisInitially I never played any one of the Max Payne games before, so I do not know the gameplay and story of the other games. In May Payne 3, Max is a former policeman and the events take place 9 years after the second game, with the opening showing a low down Max, between alcohol and painkillers, remembering the tragedies of his past, mixing scenes of this and of the present, in his apartment in Brazil.From the Main Menu, we have the options: Story, Arcade, Multiplayer, Settings, Xbox Live Marketplace, with the Social Club fire with Start. Starting a game, we see New, Continue, and Grinds Chapter Select (statistics collectibles) and start a game when you select the difficulty from Easy, Medium, Hard, Hardcore and OldSchool (the last two blocked, released when finished with Hard), and then the targeting system options, from Hard Lock, Soft Lock and Free Aim.The game's graphics are very realistic, with details that go up the pores in the skin of the characters, the graphic details of blood and bruises are ultra-realistic. When you fire the bullet time with the right analog button, the screen goes into slow motion, black and white and can aim at enemies, the shots are realistic too about the damage and injured body part, and we see detailed splashes of blood and bloody footprints, not to mention the occasional Bullet Time itself, with the camera following the bullet's path, as we see in Sniper Elite.I'm from Sao Paulo and I can say that the "recreated" city it's not like that: they mixed São Paulo with Rio de Janeiro, creating a stereotype that many foreign people have of Brazil. We don't have bananas trees everywhere, and the buildings blend several areas of the city, in a fictional version of the city - like other detail like the stereotype image of the people, musical taste and culture of people we have here (yes, we like football, but it's not like a religion). The game's story is being told it with the graphics engine, and and scenes sometimes raw and visually distorted, showing the mental changes in Max, by alcohol and analgesics. Often the scenes go by a comic cut and mixed with cinematic action sequences.In the audio, the game uses orchestrated track, and melancholy narratives, dialogs are very well staged, and have a line of narrative, told by Max, heavy and dense. The voices of the enemies, in Portuguese, are very good, but not so polished: they have a mixed accent of other regions, and some are convincing, other like the actor were reading something (or acting badly) but dubbed dialogs are concise in the dialogs.The action is of a 3rd person shooter with pre-defined scenarios, full of action, with very fluid motion capture: you use the traditional mechanic to advance through the scenarios shooting at enemies and using objects for cover and to jump over them. The scenarios have intense firefights, where you should use Bullet Time to kill the enemies and try not to be killed.The saves the game are of the area of fixed checkpoint kind, and automatic - the good news is that they are very frequent, and usually at the beginning some action sequence, restoring your life.The shots damage scenarios, and it is well done, and each material has a kind of reaction that affects the bullet, for example in a parking lot, was in a shootout, and entered a sequence of Bullet Time, while a shot a thug in the face another shot hit a water pipe that was on the wall, splashing water. The materials react realistically and cartridges fall to the ground.For a comparative example, who has not played Max Payne before, looks like a "Kane and Lynch" in steroids. In shootouts, sometimes entered the Kill Cam, which shows the bullets of different weapons realistically reaching the enemy, and you can make the time pass more slowly with A and continue shooting for more multiple hits.The life is represented by a figure in white, that diminishes, and becomes red to death: there is a partial regeneration, depending on the checkpoints - in most cases you should use the Painkillers with dpad-up or use the Last Stand Kill, where you at brink of death, hits the enemy in Bullet Time and if kill him, gets a lot of life back.The game allows the use of multiple weapons fired in a "wheel" of weapons with LB, and can use a Dual-Wield of different weapons - and in the scenarios we find pieces of golden weapons, which are the collectibles of the game, and course "collectable" statistics (enemies killed by rifles, shot on legs, etc).

The Multiplayer mode has also been discussed by critics as excellent, I look forward to test it - it have a competitive feature, based on clans and the gameplay based on what we see in the game, complete with Bullet Time and Kill Cams.Overall this is another great work of Rockstar, a great 3rd person shooter, with great graphics and well written story, and an incessant action, which although not innovative, promises a great game full of action until the end.
  15. Jul 16, 2013
    What a game!! maybe the coolest game I ever played. The bullet time is so badass!! I also liked that the gameplay was quite challenging my first playthrough was on hard and I died and died, so many times. I am not a fan of the story or the endless cut-scenes, but the gameplay was too satisfying to keep me playing. I could give this game a higher score if Max can shut his mouth once in aWhat a game!! maybe the coolest game I ever played. The bullet time is so badass!! I also liked that the gameplay was quite challenging my first playthrough was on hard and I died and died, so many times. I am not a fan of the story or the endless cut-scenes, but the gameplay was too satisfying to keep me playing. I could give this game a higher score if Max can shut his mouth once in a while....he is talkish!! Anyway, I still love this game! Expand
  16. Sep 11, 2012
    The only thing that kept me playing this game was the joy of sharing another one way walk into Hell with Max. Max is Dirty Harry, John Mclane, The Punisher and all the other 'too dumb to quit' good guy cops rolled into one. Gameplay 4. Graphics 4. Voiceover 8. MAX PAYNE 10. I may have fallen through a roadway in a graphical glitch that saw me looking up at a ghost city from beneath. I mayThe only thing that kept me playing this game was the joy of sharing another one way walk into Hell with Max. Max is Dirty Harry, John Mclane, The Punisher and all the other 'too dumb to quit' good guy cops rolled into one. Gameplay 4. Graphics 4. Voiceover 8. MAX PAYNE 10. I may have fallen through a roadway in a graphical glitch that saw me looking up at a ghost city from beneath. I may have gone crosseyed fighting the umpteenth lookalike badguy in the umpteenth lookalike location. I may be frustrated that it takes a half a clip of 7.62 FMJ rounds to stop a badguy goon standing up again after I shot him once. But, hey MAX is back and thats good enough for me. As max says "There it was, the soundtrack to my life, and, for a few seconds, came harmony, finally". Expand
  17. Oct 18, 2013
    its a incredible game
    one the best third person shooter than i have played
    max payne 3 its so unforgable
    it has a lot of good things.
    bullet time is awesome and the graphics are amazing
  18. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Realistic graphics, sometimes the shadows make it look ugly, but the character models look great too. 9.5.
    Sound: Decent soundtrack (I wasn’t into the music near the end, didn’t feel that was the right band like Rockstar claimed back on GTTV). The themes were excellent, the voice acting was great. 9.
    Gameplay: The game is more realistic than previous Max Payne titles, but
    Gameplay: The game is more realistic than previous Max Payne titles, but I did still get the feeling that it was a Max Payne game. Bullet time is great, all the guns are fine, the aiming is challenging but in a good way. The only complaint is the constant switching of shoulders, but I think there’s an option to turn that off. Challenging game good, gametrailers-reviewers noobs. Euphoria engine looks at its best. The multiplayer I found unbalance, unrealistic, and just not my type of shooter. 9.
    Story: The story plays out at a slow pace, it keeps you interested for a while, but near the end it’s not as interesting. I enjoyed playing the past sequences more than the present day because I felt the present day ones were going nowhere in terms of Max’s story. Max is in a field where he doesn’t belong, and even though it is hinted, this didn’t make it any more interesting. The switch from comic scenes to in game cut scene was fine, I enjoyed it. The inner thoughts of Max Payne are brilliant, who doesn’t have their brain always talking to them? 8.5.
    Lasting Appeal: The game is a must play at least once, there are achievements and a multiplayer for those interested. Personally, I would recommend this game a rent for those wanting a single player only experience. The game took about 8-10 hours on hard for me to complete. 8.
    Overall Score: 8.8 out of 10.
  19. Oct 31, 2012
    This is truly a fantastic game. Max Payne 3 is a great shooter with an extremely fascinating script and storyline that totally succeeds in delivering a perfect noir tale! The pacing is just the right speed and I personally had no trouble playing this game nonstop for more than a couple of hours. The graphics, full of detail and constantly very colorful and at times and very beautiful.
  20. May 22, 2012
    Despite the sort of conventional feeling 'last boss' climax, this is one brilliantly made game. The gameplay forces you to come up with a strategy on how to defeat your enemies, because their aim is good too, and it doesn't take that many bullets to kill Max (unless of course you have a bunch of pain killers stashed up). The game enforces perfect aiming when in battle - every shot counts -Despite the sort of conventional feeling 'last boss' climax, this is one brilliantly made game. The gameplay forces you to come up with a strategy on how to defeat your enemies, because their aim is good too, and it doesn't take that many bullets to kill Max (unless of course you have a bunch of pain killers stashed up). The game enforces perfect aiming when in battle - every shot counts - and this, with the insane amount of enemies that surround you, is no easy feat. I loved how the scenes blended in with the gameplay and that the game's loading was hardly apparent (unless of course you quit, restarted, or beat the game) - otherwise it's nearly seamless. The game's writing is beautiful and the story is simply fantastic. Expand
  21. Oct 29, 2012
    All that i can say about this game is that it is exactly what I've come to expect from Rockstar. Play through single player once and a little multiplayer - very polished - addictive gameplay and awesome multiplayer. Must buy
  22. Nov 5, 2012
    A true cinematic gaming masterpiece, Max Payne 3 is not just another triumph for Rockstar, but it's also testament to what the developer can do when it turns its hand to linear storytelling. Max Payne 3 might be a stylistic shift for the series, but it's also a raw and brutal portrait of a man pushed to the edge that deserves a place alongside Rockstar's superlative open-world efforts. GetA true cinematic gaming masterpiece, Max Payne 3 is not just another triumph for Rockstar, but it's also testament to what the developer can do when it turns its hand to linear storytelling. Max Payne 3 might be a stylistic shift for the series, but it's also a raw and brutal portrait of a man pushed to the edge that deserves a place alongside Rockstar's superlative open-world efforts. Get ready to enter a world of Payne. Expand
  23. Oct 31, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is the best linear third person shooter i have ever play, anyone that say this game suck is simply stupid, this game puts every other 3rd person shooter to shame, well, except Uncharted that is.
  24. Mar 17, 2014
    Pros:
    Great story, about regret and guilt and overcoming obstacles.
    Amazing shooting mechanics, makes it top of it's class. Great protagonist. Presentation with cutscenes and how there aren't any loading screens are really well done. Intense shoot outs. Great missions, and a really good length of 12 hours. Difficulty settings are really well done. Bullet time, and shoot dodge are
    Pros:
    Great story, about regret and guilt and overcoming obstacles.
    Amazing shooting mechanics, makes it top of it's class.
    Great protagonist.
    Intense shoot outs.
    Great missions, and a really good length of 12 hours.
    Difficulty settings are really well done.
    Bullet time, and shoot dodge are just plain cool.
    Graphics are fantastic and really detailed environments.

Cons:
    Last mission could of been better. Threw way too much enemies at you, made it a bit unrealistic
  25. Dec 25, 2012
    MAX PAYNE 3 is the best game in the franchise. The first MAX PAYNE just looked like THE MATRIX and the second was a bit better. MAX PAYNE 3 has great graphics, great voice acting, campaign and its one of the best games of 2012.
  26. Feb 19, 2015
    Easily one of the best, gritty and cinematic stories I've ever played. All of the previous mechanisms that made the series great are back and perfected to make the experience like none other. The game looks perfect, the story is never boring and keeps you wanting to play. This game would be getting a perfect rating if it wasn't for a few small things like the clunky multiplayer mode,Easily one of the best, gritty and cinematic stories I've ever played. All of the previous mechanisms that made the series great are back and perfected to make the experience like none other. The game looks perfect, the story is never boring and keeps you wanting to play. This game would be getting a perfect rating if it wasn't for a few small things like the clunky multiplayer mode, the longer than usual load times and the over the top difficulty at time. This is easily a game that I keep coming back to after many years. Expand
  27. Jun 15, 2012
    the best narrative and voice-acting I've experienced in the last 2 years in a videogame, Caffrey's voice and narration will doubtlessly shock you. The soundtrack is pretty nice and electronic. The controllers are a bit awkward but yeah
  28. Oct 11, 2012
    Without having another Max Payne game under my belt but having watched Man on Fire and the Max Payne I think I have different expectations and perception of this game than most people do. I really liked it! I thought the slow mo gunning down people was fantastic so much that I picked up other games after and was annoyed that it was too fast and I couldn't be as much of a bad ass. I neverWithout having another Max Payne game under my belt but having watched Man on Fire and the Max Payne I think I have different expectations and perception of this game than most people do. I really liked it! I thought the slow mo gunning down people was fantastic so much that I picked up other games after and was annoyed that it was too fast and I couldn't be as much of a bad ass. I never really got bored of the weapons even though it felt like I was constantly using the same weapons. The ammo scarcity was really great to the point that you were cautious about making your ammo count but not to the point that was it was debilitating if you overextended ammo here and there. The story is really what stood out to me. While I would normally argue that the cutscenes were long and frequent it was paired with commentary throughout the missions that made it melt together fairly seamlessly. Visually the game looked really good, nothing groundbreaking, but just really good. The atmosphere was perfect. At times you were a high rolling body guard bad ass at a cool location and other times you were a grimy piece of **** blasting your way though people. I know people were bothered by how the character didn't seem like a real Max Payne, but having not played the originals, and assuming the movie wasn't entirely accurate to the character in the games I really didn't have a clear vision of who Max Payne was. After playing Max Payne 3 I can say this, he is a harsh bitter ol alcoholic who will mow through the bad guys; most importantly, I like him. Expand
  29. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is amazing!The story is great,the combat is so much fun and the multiplayer is pretty good.Even thought the game is really cheap in stores.It's totally worth the money.
  30. Jun 16, 2012
    An astonishing experience of a Single Player game: Max Payne 3 massively delivers a postmodern, hyper-real, ultra violent, realistic blast of pop culture shoot 'em up for 2012. Standing on its own as a complete story, Rock Star delivers a video game shooter experience loaded with reverence to 80s films by Michael Mann, Brian De Palma and even some hard boiled Hemingway dialogue with enoughAn astonishing experience of a Single Player game: Max Payne 3 massively delivers a postmodern, hyper-real, ultra violent, realistic blast of pop culture shoot 'em up for 2012. Standing on its own as a complete story, Rock Star delivers a video game shooter experience loaded with reverence to 80s films by Michael Mann, Brian De Palma and even some hard boiled Hemingway dialogue with enough Sam Peckinpah shoot outs to dizzy, engage and shock. It's also fresh and new, with a very shocking plot that reaches for a level of realism that video games(or even films) have yet to tackle. This game elevates the genre on dozens of levels. Expand

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jul 8, 2012
    A compelling, down and dirty bullet basket populated by real characters and visceral gunplay. [July 2012, p.55]
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The presentation is top-notch, the game feels like you want it to never end while you're playing it, and the multiplayer gives it longevity that will stick around for a good while.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 20, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is a great action-movie experience with life-like characters that Rockstar is famous for. It does fall a bit flat on the actual action part, however. The controls on consoles are confusing and hard to get used to. Still very much worth a play-thru. It's also one of the best looking console games in the current generation. [June 2012]