6.4

1. Mar 16, 2011
    I downloaded this game when it was on sale without trying the demo as it was on the cheap. This game is just awful. The controls are unresponsive, weapons are awful and ineffective, the enemies have no variety, and it is a very frustrating game. While it is an interesting premise being "microbot" that kills infections in the body/blood. That is the only thing going for it. It is not a broken game just very frustrating and boring. Avoid at all costs. Expand
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    This game is everything one needs in a top-down shooter to be happy, but the levels kind of drag on and aren't varied enough (especially the last 2), but its fun, after the boss fight, to see what the new area will look like and explore it for a while. Some of the annoyances is the search for buckeyballs, where you would have to go through a whole level to see if you actually collected it in that level, where it would have been easier to have a menu hud telling if we collected it or not. The biggest annoyance of this game is the final boss and the end sequence, it's just a pain that the game was building up to this lackluster ending, I expected better. But the game is fun, the upgrade is cool, it gives a unexpected challenge, and coop is a hoot. All in all, you should try this game out. Expand
  3. Jan 23, 2011
    This game really deserves more love. It's a steal right now at 400 points, and I think the reviews have been overly harsh. Microbot is a clever top down dual stick shooter that isn't perfect, but has great moments. It has a very relaxing quality that is punctuated by intense fighting. The graphics are really well done too. The upgrade system is also great and adds depth for those who like grinding for loot. Give it a chance, it definitely feels like a game made in a short amount of time, but there is some interesting stuff here sprinkled throughout. For the price, you have to try. Expand
  4. Jan 12, 2011
    This game is totally worth the ten bucks for the co-op, graphics, and the tons of customization options! Instead of just trying to overwhelm the player with enemies, Microbot is balanced and carefully ramped. They've actually taken the time to create interesting levels and vary the enemy types. I just wish there was online co-op!
  5. Jan 12, 2011
    While not perfect, Microbot has it's moments and exceeds expectation. The audio and visuals are top-notch, there are number of fun moments throughout the game, and the price is right. Greeneree is bang on with the "zen" comment, this isn't your usual, bullet-hell, it's a more mature, enveloping experience best played with a friend in co-op.
  6. Jan 11, 2011
    I like this game because it's twin stick shooter but way more "zen" than others. It's also really addictive. There are tons of upgrades to find and level up, and the action gets intense at times, but still it feels relaxing overall.
  7. Jan 11, 2011
    As a lover of teh top down shooters, I have to say microbot is unique in the way your ship moves and feels in the fluid environments. It's a smooth, joyful experience to fly around the world, killing stuff. My only complaint is that I wish there was more levels and more variety, but if any game leaves me wanting MORE then I have to give it at least a 9.
  8. Jan 12, 2011

1. Mar 30, 2011
    We guarantee that you'll be bored with what this has to offer after a couple of hours. [Issue#70, p.101]
    If only the combat matched the visuals. [Apr 2011, p.111]
  3. Mar 7, 2011
    MicroBot is ultimately a game with a somewhat fresh idea executed poorly. I quickly grew tired exploring the different areas of the body, and sadly the repetitive shooting offers no variation or real challenge throughout the game.