7.2

1. May 9, 2012
    It's Minecraft, just now on 360. The maps are smaller, it is running on an older version of the game (with updates to be rolled out over time, much like the pc version), and it has ditched dedicated servers in favor of a drop in, drop out system based on the original player's save. It also includes a nice 4-player splitcreen mode, and allows for eight people to play together at any oneIt's Minecraft, just now on 360. The maps are smaller, it is running on an older version of the game (with updates to be rolled out over time, much like the pc version), and it has ditched dedicated servers in favor of a drop in, drop out system based on the original player's save. It also includes a nice 4-player splitcreen mode, and allows for eight people to play together at any one time. They have also implemented a more intuitive crafting system, allowing the player to easily manage that which he wishes to create, along with the materials needed, doing away a lot of the trial and error that normally comes with crafting. If the changes they made to the game don't bother you, then you are in for a great experience. Expand
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    -Graphics- 9/10. You can't really rate the graphics bad due to the blocky textures. No, I rate the graphics a 9 because it is very recognizable to anyone who plays Minecraft. Also, it leads to cute looking animals.

-Performance- 8/10. In singleplayer mode, I find absolutely no lag or framerate drop of any kind, which is nice, considering the PC version experiences some FR drop. But the game runs very smoothly during solo play. When I am playing with friends, I experience quite of bit of lag if I am not hosting the game. The game renders slow, the lag increases the longer you play, and you continuously fall through the world.

-Gameplay- 10/10. Gameplay is great. If you have a creative mind, this game is never ending. You build mega-structures, fend off evil mobs, farm, etc. There are so many things to do, and this is where the game really shines. There is really no end to the game, except fighting the End Dragon (Which I haven't done, sadly), so if you are in it for a story...no can do.

-Sound- 9/10. From the mooing of cows, or the snorting of pigs, you will know you are playing Minecraft. The sound is really good. from walking on dirt to stone, or chopping down trees or mining blocks. The music is also catchy, but can get a bit repetitive at times, which kind of gets annoying after a long play through.

-Conclusion- This game is for the creative mind. It has no real objective, you just create your own game. The graphics aren't like CoD or Halo, but the blocky texture is the right fit for this game. Performance is good until you play some multiplayer, and the songs will get repetitive pretty quick. I give this game a 9/10.
  3. ERB
    Oct 12, 2013
    This game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you haveThis game is awesome.The world of Minecraft is huge and it is very addicting to play this game everyday.And you can also play this game with 4 players in the system link.The game is fun and it is also a very interesting game.Hell there are still more to adventure in the game.And forget the graphics of this game what important is the game is fun[the purpose of a game is to make you have fun].Okay one final question why is this game underrated and why are some critics and users putting a low score in this game.This game is good.Yet some users and critics are hating this game.Screw them.Okay guys that is all what I have to say.This game is good and you must try playing this game.It is really worth it.Have fun playing this game. Expand
  4. Aug 3, 2013
    this game is buas it will end up being the Mario of xbox games it is a legand not to be played with this is a monster that eats you you will get addicted fast MINECRAFT IS #1
  5. Jul 6, 2012
    This game has all the best values of an officially packaged game, with the addition of fresh new ideas. However, it can be a bit difficult to get to grips with the controls, but for the casual gamer, this is a must buy.
  6. May 9, 2012
    The most successful indie game of all time makes it's way onto the XBox 360 console. Introducing brand new features such as the redesigned crafting system, split screen local and online multiplayer and a helpful hint/tutorial system.

Overall Minecraft for the Xbox 360 is a great port, certainly way ahead of the Pocket Edition. It's not as up to date as the PC version but it's certainly enjoyable. It's perfect for new Minecraft players and definitely good for younger players or family nights in. But if you're a Minecraft veteran and you loved the PC version since the early Alpha/Beta days then you'll probably want to think twice.
  7. May 16, 2012
    I found it great adaptation. The music is very good and the only thing that could improve the control. I played a bit on PC and the keyboard is still the best but having Minecraft on the xbox is superb. Really recommended and justified the 1600 MP.
  8. May 9, 2012
    The Xbox Port of Minecraft is often getting compared to the advanced PC, which Is basically unfair. The reviews should be based on the Xbox version alone. Minecraft is just one of those rare games that come along, that you find yourself still playing 3 years later.
  9. May 15, 2012
    Amazing game Splitscreen is the best! Only get this if you are looking to play with some friends. You also need an HDTV which sucks if you wanted to play splitscreen.
  10. May 14, 2012
    Having never played Minecraft on PC, but knowing of the phenomenon it was and still is, I see why it's been so revered. Downloaded the game and 6 hours later, I did not realize 6 hours went by. While the concept of it is very simple and there isn't exactly that much out of the ordinary, it's very easy to get into and very easy to find yourself addicted. Obviously playing alone doesn't giveHaving never played Minecraft on PC, but knowing of the phenomenon it was and still is, I see why it's been so revered. Downloaded the game and 6 hours later, I did not realize 6 hours went by. While the concept of it is very simple and there isn't exactly that much out of the ordinary, it's very easy to get into and very easy to find yourself addicted. Obviously playing alone doesn't give you the full experience, so playing with friends or other people in general is necessary. It's only knock is that I feel that the enemies can be a bit overwhelming. I understand your character is a lonely "inventor" of sorts, but it sucks that as soon as nightfall hits, it's either station myself in one place or attempt to scavenge for more supplies and get easily killed. Enemies come in bunches and are terribly difficult to get rid of, and this is on easy difficulty. Other than that, i'm hooked. Expand
  11. Mar 18, 2013
    All I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting ifAll I have to say is that 4J Studios got this game on point. They keep releasing updates by adding things and fixing problems and glitches. They are trying to keep it up to date like PC version and its almost there. Maybe once every 2 or so months they release a new skin pack in which you can buy for 160MSP and includes 40 or 40+ skins. Overall its a time waster game and very addicting if you have nothing to do. Expand
  12. May 10, 2012
    The single-player component is deep and expansive, allowing your creativity to shine, and the tutorial helps you when you're lost on what to build or what to do, basically eliminating the need for a wiki. However, the best part of Minecraft is the multiplayer: I loved going on adventures, mining, and even simple BUILDING a lot more when I had 8 friends with me.
  13. May 29, 2012
    A fantastic game regardless of the platform. This version contains the main features, but unfortunately does not yet include some more recent updates. A tutorial, crafting information and game hints are all available to the players, preventing the need to research information. Definitely a must buy for Minecraft fans and a great experience for new players.
  14. May 9, 2012
    It is an amazing port of the now widely popular PC game. Notch's masterpiece is a bit ahead on PC, but it being an older version for Xbox sure does bring back a nostalgic feeling. One of the best games I have played on Xbox and the best from the arcade. They have captured the feeling of being completely immersed into a new world, and they have implemented a new crafting system that is goodIt is an amazing port of the now widely popular PC game. Notch's masterpiece is a bit ahead on PC, but it being an older version for Xbox sure does bring back a nostalgic feeling. One of the best games I have played on Xbox and the best from the arcade. They have captured the feeling of being completely immersed into a new world, and they have implemented a new crafting system that is good for newbs. In general it also speeds things up, looks sleek, and really doesn't change much for veterans. Collapse
  15. May 21, 2012
    Simply put, if you can get the PC version, get that instead. Newest version, easier controls especially for building, mod support and also it's the same price. However, if your an Xbox fanboy and have a computer older than your grandma, or you hate mouse and keyboard controls for some reason and are willing to sacrifice some extras for your beloved analogue control, OR all your friendsSimply put, if you can get the PC version, get that instead. Newest version, easier controls especially for building, mod support and also it's the same price. However, if your an Xbox fanboy and have a computer older than your grandma, or you hate mouse and keyboard controls for some reason and are willing to sacrifice some extras for your beloved analogue control, OR all your friends play on the Xbox and you feel left out, then there's no reason not to get this version. The experience is much the same. Expand
  16. May 20, 2012
    A awesome game.Really you should try it.The thing that is bad is that the crafting is so messy and hard to see at first and the second thing is that it is controlling is hard.Also that the minecraft is based on the older minecraft because it does not have a hunger bar like on the pc now.The awesome thing about it is that some times you can find a random castle because I did and the villageA awesome game.Really you should try it.The thing that is bad is that the crafting is so messy and hard to see at first and the second thing is that it is controlling is hard.Also that the minecraft is based on the older minecraft because it does not have a hunger bar like on the pc now.The awesome thing about it is that some times you can find a random castle because I did and the village that you can sometimes find looks deffent than the pc Minecraft.With my opinan I think this game deserves a 9/10 Expand
  17. Jun 1, 2012
    I made an account just to review this game. I would normally only rate it an 8, but I am giving it a 10 to offset the reviews of people who don't know what they are talking about. I am disappointed by the size of the map, but the people who complain about the version of the game need to reed 4J's twitter feed. 4J has stated that they will be regularly updating the game until it is theI made an account just to review this game. I would normally only rate it an 8, but I am giving it a 10 to offset the reviews of people who don't know what they are talking about. I am disappointed by the size of the map, but the people who complain about the version of the game need to reed 4J's twitter feed. 4J has stated that they will be regularly updating the game until it is the same as it's CPU counter part. In addition to that, they will add new features that are not on the computer version. And guess what the best part of all this is???? All updates will be free of charge. No DLC unless you want skins. Fantastic game. Great mechanics. Regular updates. FREE new content. Pricing is just right I say. Thank you Notch, and thank you 4J for putting the gamers first. Expand
  18. May 9, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port of Minecraft is amazing! I was never much of a PC gamer so I really gravitated tward this. I first got it at 8:30 and I stopped at 5:00! This game can be enjoyed for hours and hours. I think that 4J studios did the PC version justice and created the best port of ANY game I have ever seen! I won't compare it to the PC version with mods and texture packs, becouse the XbozThe Xbox 360 port of Minecraft is amazing! I was never much of a PC gamer so I really gravitated tward this. I first got it at 8:30 and I stopped at 5:00! This game can be enjoyed for hours and hours. I think that 4J studios did the PC version justice and created the best port of ANY game I have ever seen! I won't compare it to the PC version with mods and texture packs, becouse the Xboz version was meant to be different. In all this is a wonderful masterpiece of a port. Expand
  19. May 9, 2012
    Even if the 360 port of Minecraft is lacking many things, it does not detract from the overall immersion and experience you get in Mojang's world. Cons:
    -The port did take away the "trial-and-error" crafting, in support of auto-crafting that the computer will do for you (if you have the necessary items).
    -The game world isn't as expansive on the 360 which means the depth and the overall earth the map encompasses is much smaller.
    -No character customization

Pros:
    -Highly addictive gameplay that translates well from the PC version
    -Very pleasing graphics that are worked in a way to stimulate the senses
    -Absolutely chilling piano score
    -Day/Night cycles are handled very well
    -Combat is on-point
    -Multiplayer is fun and addictive and it compliments the overall experience

I recommend this to anybody and everybody.
  20. May 11, 2012
    Great game, brings back a lot of old memories from the beta days of the P version. Love it, would recommend anyone looking for the minecraft experience without a decent pc to get this game!
  21. May 29, 2012
    A new feel really. The game is not fully updated and a skin system has yet to be introduced. The multiplayer is now seamless from one game to another. This version is geared for social players. Same as the PC. Nothing new in this one. Recommand it.
  22. May 9, 2012
    Other console that have a great year. After play The Witcher 2, now appear Minecraf: Xbox 360 Edition a great version of the incredible game of PC, the graphics are cool, the gameplay is amazing this is like a little brother of the PC version, but the game is funny.
  23. May 19, 2012
    Stop being so negative about the Xbox now having Minecraft. Here's the short version of my review to save your time and my own. Think Minecraft Alpha (the first version of minecraft) with an advanced crafting system that gives you the recipe and what you're missing for what you want to make. All that's different between the Xbox version, and the Computer version is that the Xbox can't useStop being so negative about the Xbox now having Minecraft. Here's the short version of my review to save your time and my own. Think Minecraft Alpha (the first version of minecraft) with an advanced crafting system that gives you the recipe and what you're missing for what you want to make. All that's different between the Xbox version, and the Computer version is that the Xbox can't use mods, nor creative mode. So no experimenting with building houses, or avoiding enemies, or living without worrying about health. So other than that the game is terrific and I play it nearly every day. If you are creative enough and good at surviving in strange environments with hostile creatures than buy this game. P.S. PS3 gamers, suck it. We have Minecraft now. Hahaha Expand
  24. May 19, 2012
    Finally bringing a good building game to the Xbox 360, Minecraft has arrived. The game looks amazing, very crisp colours, although a block can flicker when you stand too close to the block as you are building it. But that is easily fixed by standing a little further back while building.
    The game offers a couple of different game modes. From peace full where there are no monsters to hard where survival is very difficult. Certainly game mode normal is difficult enough during the first hours of play. If you just want to build put the game mode on peace full, although for some resources you need to kill the monsters. The number of resources vary from stuff that is plenty (dirt and stone) to stuff that is endlessly difficult to find (diamonds and clay). I still have not found any clay...
    The game play is great, I really like the controls of the Xbox vs the PC version. Very intuitive. Having a build menu does really help, but at the same time seems to reveal too much of the mystery. It would have been great if the options you have for a resource only appeared in the build menu after you got that resource. The world is big enough to have a great time, though does not seem so endless as in the PC version.
    And yes, it is an older version of Minecraft. Quit obviously it takes some time to develop the game for the Xbox. Some of the cool stuff that you can see in het PC version like: animal farming, Jungle terrain, growing mushrooms, settlements and spells are not available in this version. Though I am sure it will come. Certainly giving the game the same price tag as the PC version implies that. Split screen is wonderful when you are adventuring together, you can adjust horizontal or vertical. When you are crafting - not so much. The crafting screen is tiny and very difficult to see what you are building. Even on a big screen tv.
    I am currently giving this game an 8. It's a great game and very addictive. But the thing that makes the PC version a brilliant game is all the user generated content. A lot of it made in the Creative game mode. I hope that this will also be allowed on the Xbox version. If so, the game quickly goes up to a 10.
    I would recommend Minecraft on the Xbox to newcomers or to people who can't play it on the PC. If you are a veteran PC Minecraft player, the Xbox version probably is not for you. If not: Have amazing amounts of fun in the first great building game on the Xbox.
  25. May 14, 2012
    The Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft is GREAT. Not better than the PC version, but it is a more vanilla version of the same great game. "More" vanilla... not blank. It's a rewind version of about (i heard 6 months in one review) six months ago. Not a huge gripe. Updates will roll out over time, but that just means Minecraft will stay a timed PC exclusive. Now I can play this great game withThe Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft is GREAT. Not better than the PC version, but it is a more vanilla version of the same great game. "More" vanilla... not blank. It's a rewind version of about (i heard 6 months in one review) six months ago. Not a huge gripe. Updates will roll out over time, but that just means Minecraft will stay a timed PC exclusive. Now I can play this great game with all my Live friends. I've stayed up into the A.M. with my wife in split-screen a couple of nights already. Elitists, chill out. Be proud the game is a timed PC exclusive for the updates. I'm not complaining. Expand
  26. May 19, 2012
    Minecraft on the 360. That's it plain and simple. But it is still really fun! It control very well and it is nice to not have to find a server and worry all the cool stuff you collect will be raided by random people. The 8 player co op is great too allowing you and friends to be able to build and mine together. My one criticism though is that despite still being able to unleash yourMinecraft on the 360. That's it plain and simple. But it is still really fun! It control very well and it is nice to not have to find a server and worry all the cool stuff you collect will be raided by random people. The 8 player co op is great too allowing you and friends to be able to build and mine together. My one criticism though is that despite still being able to unleash your creativity, the version of the game is not the most version of Minecraft. They claim they will update it but i fear Microsoft will make you pay more for those. But for now this is well worth your 20 dollars! Expand
  27. Aug 31, 2012
    First time I reviewed this game a rated it a 2 and wrote 'Did my son really spend 1600 microsoft points on this? Yes, I'm afraid he did. 1/10 for graphics, 7/10 for gameplay. The graphics look like something off a Sega Magadrive! To think the £15 or so he spent on this would have bought three older games form our local games shop (Fifa 11, Gears of War 2, Assassins Creed 2 forFirst time I reviewed this game a rated it a 2 and wrote 'Did my son really spend 1600 microsoft points on this? Yes, I'm afraid he did. 1/10 for graphics, 7/10 for gameplay. The graphics look like something off a Sega Magadrive! To think the £15 or so he spent on this would have bought three older games form our local games shop (Fifa 11, Gears of War 2, Assassins Creed 2 for example - any one of which would outclass Minecraft). If Minecraft had cost £2.50 it would be OK, but at £15 its a steal (for Microsoft).'

I was wrong. Big time. All my kids and all their friends love it. I still can't see it myself, but I can't argue with 15 or so kids. Its a 10 from me.
  28. Oct 22, 2012
    This game is fun its amazing what you can do and what you can make there are almost endless posiblities but it is this game feels lifeless at some points (unless you play with friends) because there is no one besides monsters or animals to interact with this game will be better though because they update it alot and they are actually going to have npcs in the one of the new updates which iThis game is fun its amazing what you can do and what you can make there are almost endless posiblities but it is this game feels lifeless at some points (unless you play with friends) because there is no one besides monsters or animals to interact with this game will be better though because they update it alot and they are actually going to have npcs in the one of the new updates which i think will make the game seem more alive but this game is addicting and fun this game is a must have Expand
  29. Jul 5, 2012
    Minecraft XBLA got me introduced to this great indie game by Mojang. Its simplistic at the surface, but once you start to get further and further into it, Minecraft can become an addicting game that will evolve into an experience as complicated and intricate as you let it. Its completely based on your imagination; want to build it? Go find the materials and get to work.
    Unfortunately, the
    Unfortunately, the XBLA version did not launch coinciding with the latest PC update, so it may be a while before we get some of the awesome features present on that version (food bar, enchanting, brewing, adventures, and NPC structures just to name a few) But overall a faithful port that will only get better as updates continue to come out
  30. May 9, 2012

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    Slightly simplified compared to the PC version, but still a great conversion of an excellent game. Endless amount of creativity are guaranteed. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    Minecraft on the Xbox Live Arcade is an addicting and rewarding experience, assuming you are willing to put the time into the experience. This is one of those games where you will truly get out whatever you put into the game, and that can be both good and bad. If you put in the time and dedication though, you will discover one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jun 20, 2012
    Minecraft is just as addictive on the Xbox 360 as it was on the PC. Too bad the world is only a small fragment of that of the original game. [June 2012]