Monday Night Combat Xbox 360

8.1

1. Aug 13, 2010
    Ironicly, this rip-off of Unreal Tournament uses the Unreal engine. However unlike Unreal Tournament, this game offers little in the way of entertainment. Easy and highly repetitive, the game never attracted me, and I must say that I didn't buy it, and the demo didn't last that long on my hard drive.
  2. Jan 29, 2011
    Class-based frag-fest meets DotA-like lane-pushing and creep waves in a game unlike any other. Unlike lots of shooters, the obsessive fraggers won't dominate unless they learn to work as part of a team, and even the best strategies will fall short without some firepower to back them up. MNC is a surprisingly deep game with great polish and a quirky sense of humor.
  3. Aug 2, 2013
    Monday Night Combat is split into two modes. The first of these modes, titled Blitz, will be instantly familiar to anyone that has ever played 'Horde' mode on any number of games released over the last five years. It tasks either a single player or team of up to four, either locally or over Xbox Live, with defending their 'moneyball' from waves of enemy robots. There is a decent selectionMonday Night Combat is split into two modes. The first of these modes, titled Blitz, will be instantly familiar to anyone that has ever played 'Horde' mode on any number of games released over the last five years. It tasks either a single player or team of up to four, either locally or over Xbox Live, with defending their 'moneyball' from waves of enemy robots. There is a decent selection of different enemy types but, as is always the case with this mode, it lacks any kind of depth and I soon found myself bored.

The second mode, 'Crossfire', is certainly more interesting even if it does bare a more than slight resemblance to Valve's Team Fortress 2. From the outset a variety of different, and upgradable, classes are available in which to take into combat that pitches two teams of up to six players against each other. Rather than simply trying to score the most kills teams must again defend their moneyball whilst trying to attack their opponents. The action is fast paced and when played with a group of mates Monday Night Combat can be good fun.

I'd imagine that Team Fortress 2 fans will be in their element here but, in large part due to the small selection of maps and game modes, I never felt compelled to come back for game after game in the way I did with say TimeSplitters 2 back in the PS2 days.

For 800pts you could do a lot worse just don't expect to be playing Monday Night Combat for years to come.
  4. Aug 12, 2013
    has lots of cool ideas and concepts but fails to deliver, take game show like environments and challenges and mix it with team fortress 2 style combat, in the end it failures to deliver and feels like another underwhelming TF2 knockoff

1. Feb 21, 2011
    There are few maps and modes but, after all, Monday Night Combat is surely a speedy, funny and adrenalinic multiplayer game.
  2. Feb 3, 2011
    Monday Night Combat is a title to have if you love FPS in third person dedicated to multiplayer. There are some defects, such as the paucity of maps, but this is a game that knows how to enjoy immensely.
  3. With only two modes, MNC is light on options. However, what's there is entertaining, addictive, and provides replayability in the form of earning cash to purchase custom classes.