Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Xbox 360

7.5

1. Jun 1, 2013
    The story of this is one of the worst piece of fiction I've ever seen, complete "marasmus"!!! It pissed me off, violated every rule it possibly could in DC Universe. Having so many great characters, and make them all irrelevant FAILURE.
  2. Jan 20, 2013
    Terrible game! When you see that your favorite MK characters are going to duke it out with some of the Top Super-hero's of the DC universe, you get pretty excited. Then you play it and it turns out this was just a cool idea with a pretty decent trailer. Everything about this game is flawed, the story, if that, was poorly written. Now MK isn't known for their in-depth stories, but I feelTerrible game! When you see that your favorite MK characters are going to duke it out with some of the Top Super-hero's of the DC universe, you get pretty excited. Then you play it and it turns out this was just a cool idea with a pretty decent trailer. Everything about this game is flawed, the story, if that, was poorly written. Now MK isn't known for their in-depth stories, but I feel like DC could have thrown some creative ideas that would have made this work instead of just having a bunch of loose concepts they strung together. The fighting system is classic MK, but the AI, even on easy, is brutal and spikes in difficulty randomly. I found myself stringing powers together and praying that batman wouldn't spam with more batarangs just so I could kill him. I like challenges, but this was far more than most people could handle. The graphics are nice, but the lack of fatalities takes away from the classic MK feel in a big way. All in all, I hated this game, if you want a great reboot of MK, go buy the actual game. I own that one and it's supremely better. Expand
  3. Sep 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really hated this game, the story was boring, dull and cliched. Fighting was a drag, due to rage meters, and falling. Also the fatalities are censored what the **** First off you do not censor Mortal Kombat fatalities, second who wrote the story? Because who ever did was stupid. And the final nail in the coffin is the fact that this game is rated T T? Mortal Kombat is a game series full of gore, yet T? That is freaking stupid. Expand

1. Online play over Live will enhance this game's replayability, but a little more content would've made it an epic crossover. [Holiday 2008, p.80]
    Casual players will punch through the storyline before burning out after getting stumped by one or two Kombo Challenges, while Mortal Kombat fans will have trouble accepting the toned down Fatalities and somewhat slower gameplay. In short, this game's fun, but its legs probably can't carry it beyond the whole "Wow, Batman's fighting Superman" first impression.
  3. The game is not a failure by any means, but you will find yourself asking for more or wanting to play other more fleshed out fighting games. The visuals were also a big letdown, especially the backgrounds, mainly because we've been spoiled by other visually appealing fighting games.