7.8

1. RIchardE.
    Dec 9, 2007
    This is a brilliant game. I never brought reloaded because I thought it was a little cynical to make me buy the game again just for some minor updates. This game has restored my faith in PomPom, but I felt compelled to write a quick review because saying this is a perfect 10 is just ridiculous. The energy system is a commendable attempt to respond to critism of the first game, where This is a brilliant game. I never brought reloaded because I thought it was a little cynical to make me buy the game again just for some minor updates. This game has restored my faith in PomPom, but I felt compelled to write a quick review because saying this is a perfect 10 is just ridiculous. The energy system is a commendable attempt to respond to critism of the first game, where people said they would prefer the action free flowing an continuous. However now there are no lives, there's really nothing to save up as you progress through the game, as long as you survive a particular section you get all your energy back, if you don't it is game over. There are also none of the powerups that made reloaded so cool, and no bombs. I know some of you are going to prefer no powerups or bombs for the retro feel, but I felt they where just right in the orginal game. While this game looks excellent, and has some unique gameplay (which is pretty impressive concidering this is a shooting game), It just dosn't have that same addictive nature as the first mutant storm in my opinion. Don't let me stop you downloading the demo though, this is still a superb game and well worth the 800 MS points . Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Whether you're flanking foes together or dodging gracefully in a solo session, Empire is a fast, well-designed blast-a-thon. [Nov 2007, p.94]
  2. The only things that stop it reaching higher are that the combo system seems to be pitched a little bit above the average gamer's skill level, and could have been more inclusive, and that despite getting the basics very right it doesn't build on that as excitingly or inventively as some of the genre's best.
  3. It’s hard to go wrong with Mutant Storm Empire for 800 Microsoft Points, eve if you have never played Reloaded. With stunning 3D graphics and the perfect blend of mindless and strategic twitch blasting, Mutant Storm Empire is a near perfect Halloween treat.