5.4

1. Jul 10, 2012
    11 if I could. Heisman mode with "Max Payne" like slow-motion to make the hardest Heisman challenges possible will keep me busy until Madden 13 comes out. Improved defense, no more throws off the back foot, love it!
  2. Jul 10, 2012
    I don't feel super comfortable with giving this game a 10 but the fact that someone gave it a 0 (The same guy that gave Mass Effect 3 a 0 as well. Sounds like an EA hater to me) made me inflate my score by 1 to 2 points. This game is a step in the right direction for the franchise as it fixes some of the minor, but very noticeable issues from previous titles. With a new passing system forI don't feel super comfortable with giving this game a 10 but the fact that someone gave it a 0 (The same guy that gave Mass Effect 3 a 0 as well. Sounds like an EA hater to me) made me inflate my score by 1 to 2 points. This game is a step in the right direction for the franchise as it fixes some of the minor, but very noticeable issues from previous titles. With a new passing system for instance, receivers can no longer blindly make catches. In most cases you have to wait for the route to develop and/or the receiver to turn and look or it will be an incomplete pass. The same is said on the defensive side of the ball as defenders may throw their arms up in an attempt to block an incoming pass but otherwise won't be in position to make a play on the ball if they can't see it. I love this aspect of the game as it adds even more realism to game play. One area that they didn't seem to work on however is the run game. I was disappointed in that we had been told that they were no longer going to make a product that felt a year behind Madden but based off of what I've seen of Madden '13 it looks like this is indeed the case as EA has vastly improved the running game in Madden with guys no longer getting stuck behind blocking linemen and attempting to squeeze through even the smallest of rushing lanes. Even the graphics seem a bit more crisp in NCAA's big brother title. There are however, tons to be excited about if you are a college football purist. Dynasty Mode, which is my personal favorite, has more of a tv broadcast feel which I've always felt has been missing from both titles. Although it's still not quite where I'd like it, it does feel more like watching a Saturday matchup on ESPN. With mid game updates featuring Rece Davis and the addition of the ESPN Bottom Line ticker, this does add more to the Dynasty Mode core. If they can get the presentation up to the old 2K football standards (Which to this day is still the best) they can really take a giant step forward in recapturing the feel of an authentic tv broadcast. The game also has recruiting and scouting updates that adds more strategy to trying to land your top prospects. Road to Glory Mode is relatively unchanged. It has a couple of enhancements but is the same at it's core. I have no problem with it as I've enjoyed it the last couple of years anyway. Overall, I've enjoyed the game and will continue to like it even when Madden '13 arrives. I don't put the game away or trade it in as I enjoy playing year after year of Dynasty Mode and importing each draft class to Madden in Franchise Mode. If you're a true football fan you will keep this one side by side with it's older sibling Madden. Enjoy the pageantry of the college game while also enjoying juggernaut that is the NFL. Expand
  3. Sep 7, 2012
    Based on OFFLINE PLAY, all i have to say It's better then Madden 13. The dynasty is way better then Madden. You can use your created player in dynasty unlike Madden 13 Connected Careers Coach. This game is fun for College football fans!!! If you have to choose between Madden and Ncaa....Ncaa is better for offline players.
  4. Jul 11, 2012
    yea the guy that gave this a 0 is clearly jus a EA hater, this game is really IMO about a 9 i bumped to ten like tthe others to negate his 0. The replays look terrible, but the gameplay, which is what matters feels great, you feel smooth and you feel in control the player like he will actually do what you want him to do, no blind catches or running 30 yards backwards after the snap, alot more real
  5. Jul 10, 2012
    Don't believe this guy who gave it a 0. He has only reviewed 2 games and gave Mass Effect 3 a 0 too. NCAA 13 is awesome. If you have been playing football games for a whole you will notice the huge gameplay improvements. Buy it for sure... Trade it for Madden once that comes out.
  6. Jul 13, 2012
    I think it deserves a strong 8 but like everyone else im trying to counter the zeros that this game clearly doesn't deserve. The Heisman mode is fun and adds a lot of depth and replay value. the game itself is good but not much better than last years version. Passing game has improved presentation still sucks but overall the Heisman mode alone will have me happy for months to come. WeI think it deserves a strong 8 but like everyone else im trying to counter the zeros that this game clearly doesn't deserve. The Heisman mode is fun and adds a lot of depth and replay value. the game itself is good but not much better than last years version. Passing game has improved presentation still sucks but overall the Heisman mode alone will have me happy for months to come. We won't see a real leap in the series until we get a new system and that's how it's always been, we are used to shorter cycles between consoles and unfortunately sports has peaked on these systems. Expand
  7. Jul 11, 2012
    This game is great. There are a few bugs, but nothing that can't be addressed with a patch. Even the best games get addressed with patches. The guys who gave it a 0, is clearly just trolling. I would normally give this game an 8 out of 10 (because of the trolls I gave it a 10), just because there haven't been enormous changes made to the game. But those that truly like the game for what itThis game is great. There are a few bugs, but nothing that can't be addressed with a patch. Even the best games get addressed with patches. The guys who gave it a 0, is clearly just trolling. I would normally give this game an 8 out of 10 (because of the trolls I gave it a 10), just because there haven't been enormous changes made to the game. But those that truly like the game for what it is, will notice the subtle thing that makes the game a must have for college football fans. The new passing mechanics are superb, and flow very smoothly. While this game does not have the infinity engine that Madden may have, it makes sense not to have it with the rumors swirling that it may not even be ready for the release of Madden yet. So Madden could easily have many more bugs thanks to the infinity engine alone. The changes to the Dynasty mode are very nice, especially with recruiting, and the ability to scout now. The recruiting was already fun from past versions, but now they made it even deeper, and more fun. The Heisman mode is just a fun addition, that utilizes slow motion (similar to max payne, but for football), that allows you to break a play open by seeing the whole field in slow motion simply by using the LB button. The online dynasty still remains one of the best modes in any sports game, and thanks to EA fixing the bowl week freeze from last year's game. It seems the Online dynasty mode will not have any hiccups, as of yet anyhow. All in all, this game is great for college football fans, even though there were few changes. But with most sports games, having the right changes are hard to come by because it is only a game of football and nothing more. If you expect changes, than I would wait until the next gen games, when they rebuild from scratch. Otherwise go into this game with the mindset you are going to play some good old fashioned college football, and you will be more than happy. Collapse
  8. Aug 13, 2012
    I love this, I have been playing an Online Dynasty with a friend of mine and we are already a few years in. RTG is some different and Dynasty has some new features, but don't always expect huge differences in yearly installments. Great game.
  9. Oct 6, 2013
    All though there are few changes from NCAA 12, there are just enough, and they have just enough impact, to make the game great. People need to stop whining about it being the same every year. It's football, and follows the NCAA, so not a whole lot will change from year-to-year.
  10. Jul 11, 2012

1. Aug 21, 2012
    Though the undercarriage of the game has not changed, EA has done a tremendous job of adding features, tweaking gameplay, and providing visual touches for NCAA Football 13. Heisman Challenge mode really puts this one over the top, providing a new experience and hours of gameplay outside of the well-known modes of play. Even if you have NCAA Football 12 sitting on your shelf, this is a must-own for any virtual football fanatic.
  2. Aug 21, 2012
    All in all, NCAA Football 13 marks a really enjoyable entry in EA's long-running franchise, and it shows that EA Tiburon still has what it takes to make a fun, exciting football game for fans.
  3. Aug 9, 2012
    The gameplay improvements are fantastic but, in the end, NCAA Football 13 fails to provide enough to warrant an upgrade over last year's title. While it is still an enjoyable game, much more thought will need to go into this purchase if you are a seasoned veteran. But as mentioned previously, if you haven't found yourself on the college gridiron in a while, it is well worth your money.