Nexuiz Xbox 360

• Release Date: Feb 29, 2012
  • Also On: PC, PC
6.1

1. Nov 16, 2012
    No players online. Bot's are OK, but don't really use powerups effectively. Good and cheap if you and a friend feel a need for some old school action online 1 on 1, but for more than that, look elsewhere
  2. Mar 18, 2012
    While multiplayer seems to be a much larger focus nowadays in gaming, the genre of Arena Shooter seems to have vanished. Through the dust, though, bursts Nexuiz, an XBLA game that aims to bring back classic and simple multiplayer shooting back. Nexuiz is a great choice for anyone who is looking for a fun multiplayer shooter with a small price tag and no strings attached.
  3. Mar 4, 2012
    I first saw this game on the front of XBL. Wasn't really sure what to except but was a fan of PC Arena shooters. Figured I would give it a try and really liked it. Yeah its not perfect but I've had lots of fun hours the last couple of days playing the game. It brought me back to the old days of Quake and UT. I highly recommend you check it out!
  4. Mar 2, 2012
    A really awesome game, the gameplay is incredible, is like a son of Battlefront and Monday Night Combat, but is wow, awesome, a really funny game. Nexuiz is awesome.
  5. Feb 29, 2012
    When I first saw this game's trailer, I shook my head in disbelief. How could a game change so much from its original form in just only around 6 years? In case you don't know, Nexuiz was an old Quake 2 mod from 2005. It was a fun Multiplayer arena FPS, and better yet, it was FREE. The game finally comes back after 7 years in 2012 under the same title, Nexuiz. Now just because it hasWhen I first saw this game's trailer, I shook my head in disbelief. How could a game change so much from its original form in just only around 6 years? In case you don't know, Nexuiz was an old Quake 2 mod from 2005. It was a fun Multiplayer arena FPS, and better yet, it was FREE. The game finally comes back after 7 years in 2012 under the same title, Nexuiz. Now just because it has changed so much from its original form, doesn't mean it is a bad game. Its a fun game and great for people who like to play the classic, fast-paced, arena shooters we all know and love, e.g. Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament. The game looks absolutely beautiful for a console game and runs at an amazing 60 fps. Tight controls, fun gameplay, and endless replayability, this game is great for old and new fans alike. However, Many can agree that PC is made for these types of fast-paced shooters, as on console you aim sort of on a grid, making it slower to aim around you and slower to react to being shot. This can ruin it at sometimes, but mostly, you will be OK when it comes to the console shooter. Another complaint I have is that there is a very limited number of maps, only 9 available at launch. Obviously this can be fixed through DLC packages and what-not, but its no excuse for the amount at launch. This is a very fun arena shooter, a good game for those who are looking for a new console "old-school" style, Fast-paced FPS. Expand
  6. Feb 29, 2012
    Wasn't even expecting this game to be out, but it's a pleasant surprise. Awesome online action with great graphics, totally worth $10! If you haven't played it yet, I think there is a free demo on XBLA.

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    May 30, 2012
    Nothing we haven't seen before. [June 2012, p.101]
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Apr 12, 2012
    It's a solid little shooter, but there are so many different ways to shoot people online now that it's hard to get excited at a game like this one. [May 2012, p.60]
  3. Apr 11, 2012
    The overall impression is of a thoroughly mediocre arena-shooter that never quite manages to deliver. On a crowded online market Nexuiz is reduced to a short term affair without much longevity. As this is a game that relies solely on an active multiplayer community, it's hard to tell how long Illfonic can manage to keep this going. Unfortunately, Nexuiz is not the game to revive the arena-shooter.