NHL 14 Xbox 360

5.9

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Best hockey game ever.the new fight feature is simply awesome.
    i bought this game because i like to be a goalie.And believe me ,Be a pro as goalie is incredible.
    nhl 14 is a masterpiece if you love hockey.
  2. Sep 11, 2013
    EA Sports did not risk much this year, creating a virtually similar hockey experience. I love the physics updates and the new fighting mechanics, and skating on defense feels much more fluid. Overall, the game is a large patch to NHL 13, which is nowhere near a bad thing as that was the best game at the time.

Pros: Good improvements, fun fighting, new be a pro mode Cons: Can feel

Pros: Good improvements, fun fighting, new be a pro mode

Cons: Can feel stale if you were an active NHL 13 player, no new presentation
  3. Sep 21, 2013
    To all the people who are wondering if they want to buy the game or not, pay attention to the critic reviews, just ignore these people rating the game a 0, just like every single game that has been rated on Metacritic.
  4. Sep 11, 2013
    I have dreams about this game. It is incredible. The way I can glide so gracefully using EA's new engine makes me tingle inside. The new deke, deke, shoot feature is incredible. EA if you are reading this. I love you.
  5. Nov 11, 2013
    NHL 14 is a solid game in the NHL franchise. It fixes quite a few legacy problems the game has had but doesn't fix everything. With each and every iteration NHL gets closer to simulating the real world counterpart but for every 2 step forwards it takes it takes 1 backwards. This year its easier to score so much so that i have a hard time losing on superstar. i haven't tried playing withNHL 14 is a solid game in the NHL franchise. It fixes quite a few legacy problems the game has had but doesn't fix everything. With each and every iteration NHL gets closer to simulating the real world counterpart but for every 2 step forwards it takes it takes 1 backwards. This year its easier to score so much so that i have a hard time losing on superstar. i haven't tried playing with the sliders to increase the difficutly but i'm bound to do that as i've only lost 2 games in a total of 40 played. The HUT seems to be getting more and more expensive to participate in and thats a big problem for me having paid $60 to play the game in the 1st place i shouldnt have to pay extra to compete in Hockey Ultimate Team. That being said the mode is still as solid as ever and the add features to be a pro are decent but lackluster in the long run. its far from the experience of NBA 2K live the life mode. The fighting mechanics are FAR improved and add a significant boost to the enjoyability of each game. Sadly fights also happen too often now and with players that wouldn't normally fight a lot. As stated before scoring is easier which gives the game a more arcade feeling. It loses some of its simulation feeling but i do find myself scoring in many more ways that previous iterations which is a positive thing. Over all the game still looks great and plays great and with the added quick dekes its easier than ever to make highlight real goals. if you enjoy the NHL series or the sport itself then you will love this title. It gets better every year since 2009 and i'm looking forward to the next 1st next gen NHL already! Overall 8/10

Its a solid iteration with some significant improvements and a few hiccups here and there don't hold back what is still the best NHL video game series of all time.
  6. Jan 7, 2014
    A really really good game. am primarily a pc gamer but i like ice hockey so bought this and glad i did, it has brought me back to occassional 360 gaming. when i need a bit of a rest from eveonline or dota2 (and lol there are times i do), then this is the perfect remedy. lol a game to counter other games. what a life, hehe. good range of play modes. enjoy the playing with other players in aA really really good game. am primarily a pc gamer but i like ice hockey so bought this and glad i did, it has brought me back to occassional 360 gaming. when i need a bit of a rest from eveonline or dota2 (and lol there are times i do), then this is the perfect remedy. lol a game to counter other games. what a life, hehe. good range of play modes. enjoy the playing with other players in a team as a single character mode the most (select online team i think it is next to career) as opposed to playing me against opposition alone. the ultimate team is a good idea- for collectors its great as i imagine it is for ea and the cash cow aspect. the only thing i would say is i feel like it is a fifa14 clone-not the play style, thats unique but the menu system. i feel it cheapens the game. the menu system needs rehashing anyway- thats why it gets 9 from me not 10. needs to be grouped better. complicated can be good but sometimes so is simplicity. easha, single player,ultimate team,be-a-pro,career,online mode. it does too much. id like to see a solution-a better menu system or a platignum or officianado edition(more expensive) with multiple disks for maybe certain play modes(disks themselves even good quality ones cant be that expensive) or lol a favourite (mode)direct to from boot up screen so i can get straight into team play. Expand
  7. Sep 9, 2014
    This game is surprisingly deep for an NHL game. The added modes and actual online based team play help bring new gamers into the NHL franchise. While the graphics don't improve much from the previous years, the skating is much sharper and more life-like. An overall fun experience.
  8. Mar 15, 2015
    I liked this game. The additions that they made to Be A GM mode really helped make my favourite game mode better, while they didn't do anything new with the gameplay aside from the fighting, it was still a welcome addition
  9. Sep 9, 2015
    This is one of the best games in the franchise. It has all the basic needs, with good A.I. The graphics are fine as well. I dont know why this game isn't praised more

1. Dec 12, 2013
    A lot of people complain that the big sports game series don't evolve enough over the years. But NHL 14 shows that they don't even have to do that. This entry in the series is riddled with bugs and the Hockey Ultimate Team mode has still not yet been figured out. Instead of a step forward it seems it chose to take two steps back.
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    EA continues to dominate the fields, whether they are made of grass or ice. The 2014 edition of NHL is one of the best that has come out and the addition of the NHL 94 arcade edition makes it even more valuable.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 24, 2013
    If you've played any of the recent "seasons", no. 14 is just another small step towards making the game better. But if you're new to the game, you'll be head over heels for it. [Issue#234]