• Publisher: Tecmo
  • Release Date: Jun 3, 2008
7.9

1. wiggles
    Jun 15, 2008
    Pluses: good graphics cool weapons and finishers. negatives: horrible camera frustrating bosses and enemy groups later on. the beginning is good but the rest is just frustrating mess that will make you want to put your fist trough your TV. any game thats this ridiculously frustrating is not fun. I played 6 hours worth and I'm so sick and tired of this piece of crap that I don't Pluses: good graphics cool weapons and finishers. negatives: horrible camera frustrating bosses and enemy groups later on. the beginning is good but the rest is just frustrating mess that will make you want to put your fist trough your TV. any game thats this ridiculously frustrating is not fun. I played 6 hours worth and I'm so sick and tired of this piece of crap that I don't think I'll ever play it again. I doubt I've ever had so much fun at the beginning and hated the game so soon after. only real hardcore fans of the series should get this. Expand
  2. filippog.
    May 29, 2008
    Camera problem, frame rate issue, story awful, impossible to finish worst game ever.
  3. Cav
    Jul 20, 2008
    This game is terrible. Rubbish camera angles, repetitive and boring storyline. And it's frustratingly difficult. Sold it after second chapter.
  4. HansG.
    Jun 2, 2008
    Just like SIgma, nothing new. Graphics look dull. Don't buy it, buy sigma.
  5. JimA
    Jul 27, 2008
    I have no problem with games that are hard because the enemies are challenging. This game definitely fits that mold. What makes this game bad is that while you're fighting the already difficult enemies, you're fighting the miserable camera and chugging framerate as well. I can't count how many times I've died in this game because enemies hit me that I didn't even I have no problem with games that are hard because the enemies are challenging. This game definitely fits that mold. What makes this game bad is that while you're fighting the already difficult enemies, you're fighting the miserable camera and chugging framerate as well. I can't count how many times I've died in this game because enemies hit me that I didn't even know had spawned in, since my camera got stuck facing a wall while I was killing one guy and it takes five seconds to turn around. Even LB, which is supposed to snap the camera to the direction you're facing, only works about 10% of the time. Also, cutscene spawn protection is a problem too. Anytime you spawn in from a cutscene, expect to be hit at least four times before you realise the scene is over. Its pretty, its fast-paced (unless it chugs because there are more than three enemies on the screen, which is often), but the gameplay is simply broken because of crappy camera. I know thats a trite negative about action games, but this is one of the worst, and it deserves to be called out on it. Expand
  6. Frank
    May 30, 2008
    Ca rame en masse.. c'est affolant.. les graphismes sont loin d'être aussi beau que ce qu'on avait pu voir en screen sur le net (vive photoshop) pas de mode online pour que les joueurs jouent ensemble afin de relancer la durée de vie du jeu, bref déçu et dégouté a 100% de ce jeu.
  7. RandomG.
    May 26, 2008
    Very poor game when compared with number 1. Major framerate issues and the camera constantly gets stuck at the wrong times.
  8. WesleyX
    Jun 1, 2008
    Although the game looks pretty spectacular it is actually very very boring to play. Just running a pre set course with little to no option of exploration, facing the same enemies over and over again and the fighting is not much more then simple button bashing. Nice visual effects though.
  9. LeonardW.
    Jun 26, 2008
    Yet another crap 360 exclusive. I laugh at people who try to pretend this is good. 1UP called it, and they were being generous.
  10. hayab
    May 26, 2008
    The first NG was infinitly superior.
  11. ibeetle
    Jun 4, 2008
    There are just so many problems. Control, graphics (mainly screen tearing) the list just goes on.
  12. BrianB.
    Jun 26, 2008
    Crap camera, crap weapons, crap level design, crap characters, crap story, crap performance... seems the only thing good about this game is that I never have to play it again after wisely getting rid of it. Back to DMC4!
  13. Jun 18, 2013
    I found the game okay, apart from the fact that Team Ninja had the stupid urge to make it even on the Easy difficulty insanely difficult, the bosses, the characters were really grotesque and well designed, adding to the game's realism. But the main part was that despite the game's consistent choice of combos is what made me give an average overall review for this game. And because of theI found the game okay, apart from the fact that Team Ninja had the stupid urge to make it even on the Easy difficulty insanely difficult, the bosses, the characters were really grotesque and well designed, adding to the game's realism. But the main part was that despite the game's consistent choice of combos is what made me give an average overall review for this game. And because of the insane difficulty on all difficulties and cheap death frequency, this resulted in me raging for hours and days to finish this game,and the first time I've struggled so much in a game. Frame and the game camera were VERY problematic! Expand

1. For the die-hards who take their games like they take their women – angry, violent, unforgiving, underdeveloped and occasionally gratifying – Ninja Gaiden 2 is a fine follow-up, especially with its punishing achievements and four difficulty settings (Very Hard, Insane, Chuck Norris, Double Chuck Norris). For everyone else Ninja Gaiden 2 is an exercise in futility that’s just not as polished, balanced or enjoyable as its predecessor.
  2. The point here is despite all its flaws, Ninja Gaiden 2 was still able to deliver some excitement and thrills and every now and then it exhibits some of the pure kung-fu insanity that placed its predecessor on the mantle of genre-defining action titles.
  3. Fans of the original will probably love it, newcomers will probably divided, but either way it's a faithful sequel to one of the Xbox's favourite sons.