5.6

1. Feb 20, 2013
    Cutscene fight fight fight, cutscene, fight, fight, cutscene after cutscene. Dear god why? This game has the blandest dialogue I've ever been forced to sit through, and it has no sense of pacing and takes control away from the player constantly. It's afraid to let the players be in control because they might get lost or get some actual emergent gameplay. They even stop the game to shove the tutorial in your face, which you can't opt out of. Exactly the opposite of what other games do where they just give tips at the top of the screen without pausing the game! Seriously. The fighting is essentially being done for you, with minimal tactical choice. The story... well less said the better. Expand
  2. Aug 24, 2013
    So I just sat down and paid a game for 30 minutes called, "of orcs and men"... i'm thinking, this is going to be some well developed, super literary type of game, since it plays on the title of that classic book.

before I get into it, let me states some facts: 90% of gamers are men, male gamers are more prone to enjoy violent games, the manlier the characters, the more the male gamers
    will enjoy it.

THAT BEING SAID.

This game is about as polished at a pile of poop. Instead of immersing you into a fantasy world where you play an orc, you come away feeling like you played a green painted, redneck with about as much nod to his own orchood, as me. They curse in English, which jars you. And, it's not even cursing to accentuate sentences. It's cursing, in the way that white frat boys curse, just to punctuate sentences. So instead of you thinking, wow these orcs are real manly tough guys, you come away thinking I WONDER DO THEY TAN IN BEDS OR OUT IN THE SUN. The voice acting doesn't help that they sound like fresh out the bed dweebs, raspy, breathy, man-voice with boy grammatical structure.

It would have been much better if the developer took the time to come up with 100 orc "words" and punctuate all the orc conversations with them. Instead we get Bill and Ted's, totally terrible train-wreck.

This isn't a good game, but it's one that will grow on you after a few hours. [Issue#91, p.89]
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    Of Orcs and Men might seem like a traditional role-playing game, but it turns the roles of heroes and villains upside down. Orcs and goblins are oppressed while humans enjoy the good life. The game gets a bit repetitive towards the end and the AI is downright awful, but it is still a worthwhile play. Highly recommended to players who are sick and tired of knights in their shining armor running the show. [Nov 2012]
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    There's an interesting idea at the core of Of Orcs and Men, but the muddled delivery and presentation make it very forgettable. [Dec 2012]